Colombia Thread
Just landed in Medellin niggas, literally. Here for the next week.

(01-23-2020, 05:45 PM)Cheeky_Chappy Wrote: arrived In Medellin last night. just getting my bearings

if anybody fancies meeting for a tea/coffee

shoot us a WhatsApp. +573 196 604 8600 (chris)

ps. this doesn't count as a date jaja.

Can I handshake close you tho?

Also, CDMX is not a low cost option to live. It's rather pricey compared to Colombia. Has anyone had uber drivers ask if they can cancel the ride if paying with card and pay with cash instead? Just had this happened to me at the airport. My dumbass said "sure why not" and luckily I got to my place in laureles just fine. Was that beta?

Edit: What are y'alls take on girls with tattoos? It wasn't a big thing before but now I see a lot of chicks with tattoos. In Latin America I usually associate that with trashy or barrio girls, the ones that have a local bf willing to mug you. LOL, disappointed in the number of girls who say they don't wear heels and prefer to use tennis shoes.
Scop in Colombia kills people all the time, check out this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ8PWYnu04
People are dumb and use too much and people just don't wake up. You think the barrio girls who usually do it are measuring the quantity? Also not going to the police means she will probably just try it again on another foreigner because nothing bad happened in the worst case scenario that she was caught.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
Benzos kill people too. I know that people are using benzos to drug people because they gave too many to a guy and he died from it combined with the alcohol. They found the girls and the place in El Centro in Medellin that was selling benzos to anyone who wanted them.
Fuck the paisas. The best thing in this city are the venecas.
What's everyone using to get around now that uber is gone? I'm headed out to bogota this weekend for a workation.
(02-04-2020, 09:00 PM)angry_salesman Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:26 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote: Fuck the paisas. The best thing in this city are the venecas.

What is venecas?

Internet definition

"It’s the feminine form of “veneco” which was the term used for Venezuelans of Colombian origin, “Vene” taken from “Venezuela” and “Co” taken from “Colombia.” Today the meaning has changed to mean just Venezuelans. The term is considered derogatory by most because it has been used by many to insult Venezuelans, but it is not intrinsically an insult. It all depends on the tone used."
In Bogota Beat, Didi, and if those don't work easy taxi or cabify. If you hail a taxi off the streeet use Calculadora de Tarifas app to calculate based off the # on the meter so they don't scam you.
What to use since uber is gone: Beat, Didi, Cabify, InDriver. I prefer Cabify since it allows you to use your US driver to register. Beat tells me they "are coming to your service area soon" because it goes off the number instead of location. Before anyone tells me I can get a local number, I don't want to. InDriver you can register with a US number too but is a hassle for me because you offer fares. If you're new somewhere you obviously don't know how many COP the trip costs, causing you to either underbid and not get any replies or overpay a ride. It's also cash only. InDriver is pretty much my last resort but drivers love ID because they only pay .9% transaction free compared to some high as rate Uber charges.

Veneca is basically calling a venezuelan a "beaner". Didn't know it was used for ColomboZuelans, met a lot of girls who are half and half.
Medellin I use beat and cabify. heard in- driver you have to know the place it costs as you negotiate the fair. you can go on other apps see what it costs then bid slightly less if can be arsed.
also I heard in-driver isn't that safe for women but cant confirm. e.g when sending girls home from your place.
if there cool and don't live far away you can go with them then return to make sure there ok.
if you don't speak Spanish void yellow taxis as they might try charge you double fiddle the metre. today paid 20k with beat or cabify would of paid 8-9k
if you speak Spanish yellow cabs might be ok.

my phone stolen 3days ago.
this is very ususual but it happened. learn from my mistake.
slept with girl. red flag: she kept on asking me to drink something.
DONT DRINK in your apartment with a girl. i don't so that saved me potentially getting drugged.
met girl 2nd time should have walk off but... she told me she was nurse. I had a rash on my leg. said she works at a hospital can get doctor to check it and get drugs for it for free. we took taxi to an army hospital. her friend was dressed in a blue outfit looked like a nurse. she took my phone to show the doctor the picture off my rash to get a diagnosis. I was given a pot to piss in the check my urine. seemed legit but when go out of toilet they both disaapeared.
I went to the reception desk they told me nurses here only wear white. so I was tricked!

lucky I had my numbers backed up on cloud gmail.com.
and photos on dropbox.

recommend not meeting girls online here. especially tinder as that where I met her.
if you do. do these 3 things

DONT DRINK ANYTHING IN YOUR APARTMENT
WEAR A CONDOM
KEEP VALUBLES LOCKED UP/HIDDEN
NEVER give your phone to a nurse and let her walk off.

carry a cheaper phone e.g my Samsung s9+ was stolen if I was carry an s4 is less chance cause its worth less money.
if the girl Is eager to go to your place quick e.g 20-25mins that might be a red flag. this girl was very forward.
I fucked up could of been worse. but learnt few lessons.
I’m currently in Bogota. Uber still works here. Used it twice today. I tried Didi and it wasn’t a good experience, the young driver was constantly texting while driving etc. Had a successful first night last night. The girl I was with suggested Beat over Didi. Dm me if anyone’s in town. I’ll be here for a week and would hit up some clubs this weekend.
be cafeful with cabify might have been a one off but I ordered a taxi for girl and he never showed but charged me anyway
Just an FYI for everyone, Uber is back in Colombia now after almost 3 weeks. They found a new loophole to allow it to operate.
(01-28-2020, 05:22 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote: Has anyone had uber drivers ask if they can cancel the ride if paying with card and pay with cash instead?  Just had this happened to me at the airport. My dumbass said "sure why not" and luckily I got to my place in laureles just fine. Was that beta?

Edit: What are y'alls take on girls with tattoos? It wasn't a big thing before but now I see a lot of chicks with tattoos. In Latin America I usually associate that with trashy or barrio girls, the ones that have a local bf willing to mug you. LOL, disappointed in the number of girls who say they don't wear heels and prefer to use tennis shoes.

Uber here in Argentina allows you to pay cash instead of credit, without canceling the ride. My uber driver wanted cash because he was unable to accept credit for some reason, but I was already paying cash so no cancellation was needed. But sounds like something done for the driver's convenience, with no negative impact for you. Again from my experience in Argentina and not Colombia, but seems everyone has tattoos these days, doesn't seem to indicate much about the chick's character in Argentina Smile
I’m currently in Medellin. I’ve been using Uber and Didi so far with no problem. Anyway, I am staying in one of the nicer apartments here that’s quite popular in airbnb. I didn’t have a problem when I bring home girls during my previous stay. However, the day shift security guard has a bad attitude. I saw her rolled her eyes when I brought home a second girl. The following day, I brought home another girl, the security guard slammed the log book in front of my girl to sign. I gave her the look and she returned the favor to me. Lol. Even my girl noticed the attitude and she mentioned while we were in the elevator. The following day, I tried to be nice to her hoping to be on her good side, as if nothing happened. I smiled, greeted her good morning and thanked her for buzzing the door. I went to the mall to meet a Venezualan girl I matched on tinder the day before. We headed back to my place. Then it’s the same guard again. I stayed close this time, as I had a feeling that the guard will say something to the girl. And yes she did. She implied to the girl that I reached my limit on how many girls I can bring home, and she’s letting it slide. Lol. I know there’s an apartment here that has this rule, but not the one I’m staying in. I even checked the airbnb booking and it wasn’t mentioned there. I didn’t had this problem during my last stay here. Needless to say, she succeeded in ruining the moment for me and my girl. I reported this to the apartment host. However, she doesn’t seem too sympathetic of my situation. How would you guys address this situation? I am only here for a week so I don’t have plans of moving. I’ve been to Colombia many times, I never had problems with security guards before especially male guards, usually they’ll just smile. I’ve bribed guards with food etc. before but I doubt it will work on this guard.
(03-03-2020, 04:53 AM)Krabbypatty Wrote: I’m currently in Medellin. I’ve been using Uber and Didi so far with no problem. Anyway, I am staying in one of the nicer apartments here that’s quite popular in airbnb. I didn’t have a problem when I bring home girls during my previous stay. However, the day shift security guard has a bad attitude. I saw her rolled her eyes when I brought home a second girl. The following day, I brought home another girl, the security guard slammed the log book in front of my girl to sign. I gave her the look and she returned the favor to me. Lol.  Even my girl noticed the attitude and she mentioned while we were in the elevator.  The following day, I tried to be nice to her hoping to be on her good side, as if nothing happened. I smiled, greeted her good morning and thanked her for buzzing the door.  I went to the mall to meet a Venezualan girl I matched on tinder the day before. We headed back to my place.  Then it’s the same guard again. I stayed close this time, as I had a feeling that the guard will say something to the girl. And yes she did. She implied to the girl that I reached my limit on how many girls I can bring home, and she’s letting it slide. Lol. I know there’s an apartment here that has this rule, but not the one I’m staying in. I even checked the airbnb booking and it wasn’t mentioned there. I didn’t had this problem during my last stay here. Needless to say, she succeeded in ruining the moment for me and my girl. I reported this to the apartment host. However, she doesn’t seem too sympathetic of my situation. How would you guys address this situation? I am only here for a week so I don’t have plans of moving. I’ve been to Colombia many times, I never had problems with security guards before especially male guards, usually they’ll just smile.  I’ve bribed guards with food etc. before but I doubt it will work on this guard.

Oof, though spot especially with the host not being on your side. 1 - You know how locals are about foreigners fucking their bitches 2 - She won't turn money down if the guard is helping her bring some extra cash in fees. Best thing you can do is shorten your stay at that apartment and find one with a nicer policy. I could pass you the link to the one I stayed in previously. No limit.
I have always been worried about that when booking apartments. in any country. What if the host and or building security start cock blocking you and further prevent new people coming in and out. That alone can ruin the whole trip. Finding a good place is not easy, allot of time and research goes into before booking, so to start getting cock blocked is a dead end.

What tips and suggestions do you guys have to prevent this or to further screen better?. And in worst case scenario how to fix the situation with the host or the security? In most cases do you just have to find a place ?

I havent had this happen yet but the chances are high with any host and door staff. Ofcourse be low key and polite and possible.
(03-03-2020, 11:59 PM)28Mackn Wrote: I have always been worried about that when booking apartments. in any country. What if the host and or building security start cock blocking you and further prevent new people coming in and out. That alone can ruin the whole trip. Finding a good place is not easy, allot of time and research goes into before booking, so to start getting cock blocked is a dead end.

What tips and suggestions do you guys have to prevent this or to further screen better?. And in worst case scenario how to fix the situation with the host or the security? In most cases do you just have to find a place ?

I havent had this happen yet but the chances are high with any host and door staff. Ofcourse be low key and polite and possible.

Rentals are businesses, if the security is harassing your guests, let the owner know your guests are being harassed. It's also a good idea to ask the owner before you rent if they have a problem if you have some "amigas" visit. They don't want to lose money because some rent a cop is being stupid.
I give every shift 20 mil no matter what

My landlord was a 60 year old woman that lived across from my room, read the reviews I guess - on site, landlord has a dog, “wouldn’t let me bring my Spanish tutor up”. Be the review you wish to see. The dog was such a snitch holy shit second time he saw a girl he didn’t bark but the first time every time.

The bottleneck for me was actually getting the girl to meet up not conversion. What mall is that?
Medellin is full of whore mongers. She probably thinks you're bringing whores back so she doesn't give a shit. I would request a date change through airbnb to shorten your stay and move. It will only get worse or when she sees the change you can tell her you don't want to stay somewhere that security is rude to your guests and she will either fix it for you, let you leave, or deny your request. If they deny the request call airbnb and complain and they will fix it for you.

You could also call airbnb to fix it for you and have them find another place for you, they can find you different accommodation. Might want to reword your story though.
Thanks guys for the excellent advice. I would have escalated as advised and moved out the apartment if the issue happened again today.

Today was a better day. As I walked out of the apartment in the afternoon, it was the same female security guard manning the post again. There she was in the reception, checking in a younger girl (probably mid 20s) with an old foreigner guy (probably 60s). In my mind, I was SMH why she was cockblocking me while she didn’t had any problem with this obvious prostitution. I looked at her as I thank her when she buzzed the door open for me. For some reason, she didn’t have that smug look on her face that she had the last few days I see her. Maybe she was warned by the airbnb host, i don’t know.

I went to the mall in the evening to meet up another Venezuelan I matched with the day before. She’s 21. I went to a mall a bit far from my place to meet her. She lives near there. I thought it was a long shot, but she went home with me. This time it was the night shift guard, much better experience. No unnecessary comments. No judgmental look. No awkward delays. We went up to my place and it was a good successful night. Now I know, I should just avoid that hater’s shift as much as I can.