The Workaway.info Thread
Has anyone tried this? (I am 20 years old, thinking about trying it) any advices?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaway
https://www.workaway.info/

[Image: Capture.png]
(07-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Golden Wrote: Has anyone tried this? (I am 20 years old, thinking about trying it) any advices?

I'm not clicking on that link. Edit your post and explain what it is or be disregarded as spam.
(07-06-2019, 11:01 AM)jdreise Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Golden Wrote: Has anyone tried this? (I am 20 years old, thinking about trying it) any advices?

I'm not clicking on that link. Edit your post and explain what it is or be disregarded as spam.

What the hell is wrong with you? this is well known site, like Couchsurfing, are you some kind of a boomer?

I updated it.

(07-06-2019, 11:16 AM)Golden Wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you? this is well known site, like Couchsurfing, are you some kind of a boomer?

I updated it.

Bro, good job editing. It's standard practice on these types of forums to include background information about a link you put in a post. Just putting a link is something subcontinental spammers do. That's why I said what I said. It was an attack on the content of the post, not the poster. It also doesn't help that it was your first post and you haven't introduced yourself. 

Boomer? Hehehe. I'm 34. I've just never heard of Workaway. I've done WWOOF once in Iceland and have been using Couchsurfing off and on for well over a decade. 

I'll check it out the site and see if there's anything to report back on.

EDIT You might want to explain what interests you about the site/program, where you're thinking about doing it, why you think it's a good idea. That might lead to better quality discussion and information.
(07-06-2019, 11:32 AM)jdreise Wrote:

I updated it.

Bro, good job editing. It's standard practice on these types of forums to include background information about a link you put in a post. Just putting a link is something subcontinental spammers do. That's why I said what I said. It was an attack on the content of the post, not the poster. It also doesn't help that it was your first post and you haven't introduced yourself. 

Boomer? Hehehe. I'm 34. I've just never heard of Workaway. I've done WWOOF once in Iceland and have been using Couchsurfing off and on for well over a decade. 

Alright thanks, sorry for that, I have been thinking a lot about using Couchsurfing, I am very good looking (european look, green eyes, young face)  and have good game but from what I read from RVF that it has been ruind by desperate beta males and horny Turks, Arabs and Indians, people who spam endless of messages to girls in hopes of getting laid. People say that it's not what it used to be. Thought about looking for other alternatives... maybe.... like WWOOF and Workaway. I did some checking, looked for hosts and it looks like there lots of cute girls who are looking for "help" or "cultural exchange", could be interesting.  Wink
(07-06-2019, 11:44 AM)Golden Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 11:32 AM)jdreise Wrote:

I updated it.

Alright thanks, sorry for that, I have been thinking a lot about using Couchsurfing, I am very good looking (european look, green eyes, young face)  and have good game but from what I read from RVF that it has been ruind by desperate beta males and horny Turks, Arabs and Indians, people who spam endless of messages to girls in hopes of getting laid. People say that it's not what it used to be. Thought about looking for other alternatives... maybe.... like WWOOF and Workaway. I did some checking, looked for hosts and it looks like there lots of cute girls who are looking for "help" or "cultural exchange", could be interesting.  Wink
I haven't had a chance to look at Workaway yet, and I'm heading out for the night so I'll make this brief, but what I can tell you about Couchsurfing is that you need to build up references by hosting people at first. I've hosted more than 60 parties over more than a decade, with about a four year hiatus in the middle. My personal opinion is it's better if you host both males and females.  This will make you look like you're in it for the right reasons--- the right reasons being you want to meet fellow travelers and have cross cultural experiences. They'll leave references saying you're a good guy, then you can use those to attract good looking girls. I don't think you want to look like some guy who's just there to bang traveler chicks.  

I reactivated my account two years ago when I moved to my current location. I've hosted 6 parties, one of which was a traveling couple, another of which was a Russian dude, and four girls. I banged 3 of the girls. One of them gave me the clap. The girl I didn't bang was a 19 year old Chinese girl. We went out drinking, she got wasted, started kissing me, I took her back, got her in bed, then just couldn't pull the trigger with her in that state. I picked her up and put her in the guest bedroom she was staying in. 

You're 20 so you might not have your own place yet. If you don't, there's no harm in trying to send out some couch requests when you start traveling.  I'm older and I like to find accommodation on my own terms at this point so I don't have any current tips on finding a couch. I'll just tell you that, as a host, I get quite a few requests and usually just make up reasons why I can't host them.  

PS: You might want to change the thread to include Couchsurfing and WWOOF. Not sure if there's already a Couchsurfing thread here. You might want to double check.

I updated it.

Yeah, sounds like a loony 80 year fox news watching trumper.
I’m not sure what being good looking has to do with your Workaway experience but the site is legit, although I’ve been a member for a couple of years and messaged a few hosts, I haven’t done it yet. The last host I messaged in BC, Canada declined my request because I’m not skilled at carpentry or marine fibreglass work, which is too bad because he had a nice spot. Some of these hosts seem to want skilled workers for free which is a bit crazy IMO because a good carpenter charges about $40/hour so that’s about $200 worth of work each day.

I’m still looking at hosts in BC, there’s some great spots near the water where I can go scuba diving snd fishing in my free time.
(07-06-2019, 06:04 PM)Scotian Wrote: I’m not sure what being good looking has to do with your Workaway experience but the site is legit, although I’ve been a member for a couple of years and messaged a few hosts, I haven’t done it yet. The last host I messaged in BC, Canada declined my request because I’m not skilled at carpentry or marine fibreglass work, which is too bad because he had a nice spot. Some of these hosts seem to want skilled workers for free which is a bit crazy IMO because a good carpenter charges about $40/hour so that’s about $200 worth of work each day.

I’m still looking at hosts in BC, there’s some great spots near the water where I can go scuba diving snd fishing in my free time.

Being good looking - I was talking about Couchsurfing.

(07-06-2019, 06:04 PM)Scotian Wrote: I’m not sure what being good looking has to do with your Workaway experience but the site is legit, although I’ve been a member for a couple of years and messaged a few hosts, I haven’t done it yet. The last host I messaged in BC, Canada declined my request because I’m not skilled at carpentry or marine fibreglass work, which is too bad because he had a nice spot. Some of these hosts seem to want skilled workers for free which is a bit crazy IMO because a good carpenter charges about $40/hour so that’s about $200 worth of work each day.

I actually thought about trying Faroe Islands, Iceland, Norway, they have some pretty cool hosts.
I used Workaway about 10 years ago and was on a project in the Spanish part of the Pyranees mountains.

Although I was there through workaway they also hosted people from WWOOF.

The place I worked was a hotel with an organic farm attached to it so I was working in the kitchen and bar of the hotel as well as doing some farming stuff.

There was 4 of us working there so every fourth day I got a day off which gave me the chance to do some hiking and mountain biking (using bikes they provided)

As for meeting girls the hosts were an older couple but of the 4 volunteers 2 of the others were chicks but I didn't really dig them so didn't try and pull them.

The bigger projects will have more volunteers on them including chicks but it is luck of the draw of what kind of chicks you will meet.

If you do decide to join a workaway project make sure you read the references first to make sure the host is legit.
Hey guys, I'm incredibly good looking, high IQ, north-European genetics and 9 inch cock. Not relevant, but just wanted to share those facts.

I also know that the English word "advice" is an uncountable noun, which means that it is never to be pluralized with an "s." To wit, the plural of "advice" is "advice."
(07-10-2019, 05:10 PM)Suits Wrote: Hey guys, I'm incredibly good looking, high IQ, north-European genetics and 9 inch cock. Not relevant, but just wanted to share those facts.

I also know that the English word "advice" is an uncountable noun, which means that it is never to be pluralized with an "s." To wit, the plural of "advice" is "advice."

umm? you realise age and especially looks matters? like I wouldnt advise a black/arab/indian/turkish guys (for example) go to Ukraine/Poland/South America why? because they probably gonna have hard time, same reason I wouldnt advise a good looking white guy go to Norway/Sweden or Denmark because he can maybe have fierce competition.

No, I wasn't trying being snob, you got it wrong.

I've never understood Workaway or WOOFING.

Scotian, why would someone like you (or me) with all the skills we have to offer want to trade our valuable time for a room in some farmhouse? I've just been to the arse end of beyond in Scotland, rented a cottage and had an awesome time with the locals getting pissed every night until 3AM, singing and dancing and joining in with their traditional music. Nobody to tell me what to do, I earnt my money and spent it how I pleased.

I always thought these sites were for broke people who couldn't travel otherwise.
They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...
(07-12-2019, 06:35 PM)roberto Wrote: Scotian, why would someone like you (or me) with all the skills we have to offer want to trade our valuable time for a room in some farmhouse? I've just been to the arse end of beyond in Scotland, rented a cottage and had an awesome time with the locals getting pissed every night until 3AM, singing and dancing and joining in with their traditional music. Nobody to tell me what to do, I earnt my money and spent it how I pleased.

I always thought these sites were for broke people who couldn't travel otherwise.

OK, but what about a broke dude who is incredibly good looking and has a high IQ, north-European genetics and a 9 inch cock?

Not being a snob, just trying to provide some context, since it's relevant.
(07-13-2019, 02:26 PM)Suits Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 06:35 PM)roberto Wrote: Scotian, why would someone like you (or me) with all the skills we have to offer want to trade our valuable time for a room in some farmhouse? I've just been to the arse end of beyond in Scotland, rented a cottage and had an awesome time with the locals getting pissed every night until 3AM, singing and dancing and joining in with their traditional music. Nobody to tell me what to do, I earnt my money and spent it how I pleased.

OK, but what about a broke dude who is incredibly good looking and has a high IQ, north-European genetics and a 9 inch cock?

Not being a snob, just trying to provide some context, since it's relevant.

Ad hominem much? or just a sad troll? why didn't you reply to much post?
I'm thinking about doing Workaway.
But I'm also looking into taking a TEFL cert class.
Is the online TEFL a good option?
Its cheaper but I don't think its recognized.
Has anyone hear taken a TEFL course in Europe or Asia?
(07-10-2019, 07:41 PM)Golden Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 05:10 PM)Suits Wrote: Hey guys, I'm incredibly good looking, high IQ, north-European genetics and 9 inch cock. Not relevant, but just wanted to share those facts.

umm? you realise age and especially looks matters? like I wouldnt advise a black/arab/indian/turkish guys (for example) go to Ukraine/Poland/South America why? because they probably gonna have hard time, same reason I wouldnt advise a good looking white guy go to Norway/Sweden or Denmark because he can maybe have fierce competition.

No, I wasn't trying being snob, you got it wrong.

As a guy who some girls mistake for Indian (I'm actually American of Southeast Asian descent), I can tell you from actually being in Poland since 2015, that it's been better for me than the US. In Latin America or Southeast Asia, however, I only blend in. Ukraine also seemed better, but I only lived there for a month.

Also, Suits was trolling you, but my guess is he knew he'd annoy you, based on your reaction to jdreise's first response to you.