The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
(09-24-2020, 07:26 PM)floridaman Wrote: Lol we need JJG back in here.

(09-24-2020, 06:47 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 06:32 PM)floridaman Wrote: I literally don't know a single person in real life that owns ethereum or even knows what it is.

Maybe that is why they are doing better than you while you are waiting around for a BTC to make you into a sudden billionaire.

I need to do some research into BTC maximalists.  There is definitely a psychological dimension to their religious cult-like hopes for BTC.

Hard to deal with boomer think. 

I don't rely on bitcoin as an investment. I've said that half a dozen times already but it never seems to sink in lol. 

I have passive investment earnings, some of which are in bitcoin. And I use btc to buy stuff almost daily. 

While I do think there will be opportunities to ride speculative waves to great profit, that's just icing on the cake for me. My interest in it is utilitarian and as a hedge again fiat currencies which are on the way out.

The youngest "boomer" turns 56 this year. I doubt there are many on this site. I may be the only one and my presence is minimal at best.
I bought some bitcoin back in 2018 and now want to buy some more. I just regret I didn't buy earlier this year and wonder if it's bad time right now. I read an article on Forbes predicting BTC value to be below $10000 at the end of 2020.
@gypscholar

The retail herd hasn't arrived yet. The herd that is coming is corporate (square and microstrategy just invested sizable amounts in BTC as a reserve asset).

Edit: Both stocks were up on the news of BTC purchases (SQ and MSTR).......it's hard to imagine other CEOs didn't take note.

I could see an opportunity heading into the election if DXY sees some strength.....that's if correlation is still strong between BTC and SPY.

Average in.....if you have $1000 to throw at it, put in a $100 for the next 10 weeks (or months). Personally, I think we're going a lot higher in 2021.

The on-chain guys are excited as well:
https://twitter.com/woonomic/status/1313...06496?s=20