The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
I understand that no one can really speak for "bitcoin" and there is some tautology in this below tweet message, but it is still nice to see the proclamations therein:

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin/status/12139...03490?s=20

Quote:

>>>>>>You're not "pro-BTC" if you:

- Tried to destroy Bitcoin by leading a fork
- Tried to destroy Bitcoin via tricking newbies into buying bcash
- Tried to destroy Bitcoin by undermining the tech, community, etc as a sales pitch for your altcoin

Only Bitcoiners are "pro-BTC"<<<<<<<<<
(01-06-2020, 08:35 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: I understand that no one can really speak for "bitcoin" and there is some tautology in this below tweet message, but it is still nice to see the proclamations therein:

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin/status/12139...03490?s=20

Quote:

>>>>>>You're not "pro-BTC" if you:

- Tried to destroy Bitcoin by leading a fork
- Tried to destroy Bitcoin via tricking newbies into buying bcash
- Tried to destroy Bitcoin by undermining the tech, community, etc as a sales pitch for your altcoin

Only Bitcoiners are "pro-BTC"<<<<<<<<<

I am going to supplement my earlier post because now, I see the context for the above quoted @bitcoin tweet in regards to some seeming attempts of shitcoiners to engage in misleading propaganda by taking over nakamoto.com website and to hold themselves out as if they were "probitcoin" when a lot of them are just scammers... and sheisters.. not everyone, but quite a few, at least it seems to be the case, so fare.

It is likely another one of those shitcoin baloney ploys that misleads and distracts folks from what is bitcoin by trying to allow shitcoinery to confuse peeps and even to equate shitcoinery to bitcoin... which sooner or later, people realize what is going on, but frequently it takes a while to actually figure out these kinds of matters, maybe after getting REKT.

Anyhow, here are some  of the phoney baloney links to attempt to show some of the context.

https://twitter.com/nakamoto/status/1213337124168179712

Quote:
>>>>>>>All Nakamoto contributors are pro-Bitcoin (BTC) for the long-term. We believe a commitment to the success of Bitcoin reflects core values of our community. Beyond that, we are ecumenical and publish a variety of points of view. See our contributors here:<<<<<<

https://nakamoto.com/about/#contributors

Here is a tweet from Tuur Demeester from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status...0476743680
[/url]
Quote:

>>>>>>
PSA: My profile has now been removed from the [url=https://t.co/3jq7dyd891?amp=1]http://nakamoto.com
contributor page. I initially consented to contributing, but after learning more I decided I'm not comfortable attaching my name to the platform.<<<<<<
I thought our resident hodl'ing senior citizen might appreciate this. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-06-2020, 05:42 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: I thought our resident hodl'ing senior citizen might appreciate this. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hahahahahaha

I take it that you are referring to me as a "senior citizen?"

Yeah, that is a pretty good little script.

So, even though you have your inclinations to attempt to engage in ageist denigration, I will try to appreciate your youthful proclivities and even your possible distractions into failing/refusing to appreciate what differentiates bitcoins from shitcoinery and the fact that age should compliment your ability to recognize and appreciate whether you are being scammed or distracted by smoke and mirrors baloney rather than serving as some kind of hinderance towards figuring out likely personally advantageous paths forward regarding how to treat your finances.

O.k.... even though I am quite well set in terms of my finances, I try NOT to let me own great/comfortable position to bias me in my attempts to help STW guys to the extent that any of them might attempt to interact about their specific portfolio contemplations and even considerations regarding how much BTC they might want to include in their possible path forward.  

So, sure, younger guys do likely have more time on their side in order to be able to afford to screw up and to be able to afford to take more risks, but even if you are a younger guy, you are going to end up as a dumb rekt fuck with the passage of time (and maybe quite ill prepared to live a comfortable life in your 40s, 50s or 60s if you don't engage in certain prudent kinds of precautions in regards towards prioritizing wealth preservation... and time passes fucking fast,... believe it or not... so gotta be careful, even when young when attempted to engage in too much gambling rather than wealth preservation attempts since gambling tends to be a really bad habit that fucks up a lot of otherwise high potential guys if they do not engage in some reasonableness in the wealth preservation (setting aside profits) direction.

So, what are we gonna do in regards to bitcoin and in regards to how much shitcoin(s) we are going to tolerate in our investment plans/strategies/portfolios?  Anyone want to discuss?  

Of course, if we engage in such a portfolio allocation discussion and get too much into pumpening or tolerating the bullshit talking points of various shitcoins, then those kinds of explorations would likely need to go into some other thread, but if any guy(s) have some bitcoin thoughts regarding establishing a stake and maybe later maintenance stages of their stake.. or even discussing liquidation thoughts, then those areas of exploration are fair enough in such possible areas of exploration. Any further thoughts, SpecialEd?  You have some "age appropriate" approaches, or do you remain inclined towards age-related diversions in your thinkening processes?
Here's a series of 11 tweets from yesterday that appear to be a guy who is struggling with some bitcoin concepts, but seemingly understanding the bullish potentiality of bitcoin in the coming years.

https://twitter.com/cuysheffield/status/...10464?s=20
You wouldnt like my approach.

It's pretty basic. Diversification. Just as you want a mix of assets in other markets, if youre interested in the crypto space same principle applies. What I've noticed is baby boomers tend to get infatuated with a bright shiny object (btc before the bust) but I do admire your tenacity for hanging on while all your grey haired peers fled for the hills lol.
(01-06-2020, 07:25 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: You wouldnt like my approach.

It's pretty basic. Diversification. Just as you want a mix of assets in other markets, if youre interested in the crypto space same principle applies. What I've noticed is baby boomers tend to get infatuated with a bright shiny object (btc before the bust) but I do admire your tenacity for hanging on while all your grey haired peers fled for the hills lol.

Wow... you really don't seem to be able to resist in terms of your lame-ass attempts at generalizations.

I surely agree with the concept of diversification, and that is an old geezer / sound traditional investment strategies concept.

One of the problems of attempting to apply diversification in the crypto space is you likely get diversified into crap that is already sufficiently diversified to have that value in bitcoin, because the others are largely already dependent upon bitcoin.  I am surely not opposed to some diversification, even in the crypto space, but largely the premise for the diversification is based on a variety of faulty assumptions in regards to what is being offer that might be somewhat sufficiently different from bitcoin in order to possibly add value or to perform in a way that is better than bitcoin with the unlikely assumption (that is frequently overly argued by the various shitcoin pumpeners) that bitcoin has some deficiencies.. which also seems to be embedded in your post to me... which kind of shows that you don't really understand what it is that bitcoin is offering... especially if you are distractedly focusing on nonsensical technology ideas rather than sound money ideas... 

But, hey, youngster, do what you are going to do... NO problema with that, and maybe your diversification choices will out perform my own... I am not competing with you.. and really each of us should be thinking of ways to compete against ourselves rather than competing with others, anyhow... at least in my self-asserted humble bumble opinion..
Quote:I am surely not opposed to some diversification, even in the crypto space...

Hahaha. That must have been painful for you to type. 

Quote:but largely the premise for the diversification is based on a variety of faulty assumptions in regards to what is being offer that might be somewhat sufficiently different from bitcoin in order to possibly add value or to perform in a way that is better than bitcoin with the unlikely assumption (that is frequently overly argued by the various shitcoin pumpeners) that bitcoin has some deficiencies.. which also seems to be embedded in your post to me... which kind of shows that you don't really understand what it is that bitcoin is offering... especially if you are distractedly focusing on nonsensical technology ideas rather than sound money ideas... 

Several of us have already gone over this ad nauseam , but you always come back with ad hominems like "shill". But I'll try to make this boomer proof:

Bitcoin is great. It's simply lacking in the realm of anonymity. In some ways it's anti-privacy. The block chain is a permanent ledger of btc transactions. It's pretty easy nowadays for blockchains detectives and machine learning algorithms to sources transactions and wallets. 

Monero and perhaps a couple other privacy coins offer solutions in this area. If they're not perfect yet, theyre at least built on a foundation to where they can get there in the future. BTC's structure will never allow for 100% privacy. 

Perhaps you dont value your privacy and your sole consideration is that the dopamine drip you get when you see a green arrow on your crypto exchange account. Haha. I know most boomers dont really care about it. I mean you you all accepted the Patriot Act (and its eradication of financial privacy) without so much as a whimper. 

Inb4 you accuse me of derailing even though you asked me to expand upon my investment strategy. Big Grin
Here's an interesting article from a few days ago about River Financial, and their aims to expand their services by engaging in a bitcoin-centric approach.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/riv...les-schwab
(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 07:48 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: I am surely not opposed to some diversification, even in the crypto space...

Hahaha. That must have been painful for you to type.

1) fixed your quote attributions, since you youngster do NOT seem to know how to properly use the quote feature of the interwebs.

2) I am not sure where you get off with you lame ass patronizing attempts? Why the fuck would it be difficult for me to suggest that some diversification can be of use, and surely we would need to consider a variety of circumstances before making any kind of prescription regarding how any guy might be suited in tailorizing his investment to his own circumstances. So, yeah, devil is in the details regarding how much to diversify and how to diversify and even whether to diversify. For example, a young guy who is just starting with investing and has never invested in his life and only has $1,000 to invest, might be better off to begin investing into one asset, and attempting to learn before venturing out to other investments. A guy with a bit more experience or even slightly different goals regarding how much time he would like to spend investigating into various other assets might end up being better off with a few different assets.

It is NOT painful at all for me to pursue a variety of perspectives regarding investing or even considering how some other projects might be of interest to other guys, but again in terms of this thread, you are getting way the fuck off topic when you are trying to spout out other projects as if they were the same thing as bitcoin, and trying to distract from meaningful bitcoin discussion by getting into baloney diversions that would likely be more appropriately suited for another thread.

So don't be getting mixed up what might be topical for this thread and what might might be a prudent and reasonably tailored investment strategy that is based on individual circumstances that currently we do not have any fucking individual circumstances in front of us because we are merely referring to the idea of diversification generally rather than considering actual circumstances of some guy who might be meaningfully exploring such topic of whether or not to invest into bitcoin and then whether or not he might want to include the balancing of some other investments in there as well.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 07:48 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: but largely the premise for the diversification is based on a variety of faulty assumptions in regards to what is being offer that might be somewhat sufficiently different from bitcoin in order to possibly add value or to perform in a way that is better than bitcoin with the unlikely assumption (that is frequently overly argued by the various shitcoin pumpeners) that bitcoin has some deficiencies.. which also seems to be embedded in your post to me... which kind of shows that you don't really understand what it is that bitcoin is offering... especially if you are distractedly focusing on nonsensical technology ideas rather than sound money ideas... 

Several of us

You attempting to employ the "royal we" here? I could give two shits about your purported royal we because it is irrelevant. Why don't you talk about what you are attempting to argue rather than some lame ass royal we nonsense?

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: have already gone over this ad nauseam ,

In your imagination? Yeah, I am sure that I responded too, so why the fuck can't you just stay on topic and say what you are going to say rather than trying to assert some lame claim that there is some kind of meaningful or important topic that is relevant to the thread that is not being discussed.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: but you always come back with ad hominems like "shill".

Do you even understand what the fuck you are typing?

O.k. Let's just try to stay with today. There is no need to bring in some longass vague assertion of some history that is likely mostly fabricated in your small youthful head. You started out presenting a decent idea, which was the sharing of the meme script of the shitcoiners versus the BTC holders. Yeah, you might have been trying to make fun of the BTC holders, but it truly was a relevant topic, and I have no problem with that post. The only problem that I had with the post was your seemingly unnecessary insertion of "senior citizen." Who was attempting to engage in ad hominems? Surely not me. I responded to your own attempt at a ad hominem and threw in a bit of a discussion of the concept of age out of an attempt to make your lame ass assertion somewhat relevant to what might be going on..,or at least some differences in BTC investing strategies or ideas in regards to BTC that might exist.

The concept of "shill" is a valid one, too, so I don't know where you want to go with that, but if a guy comes to the thread and tries to pump some other coin or investment and barely even relates it to BTC or the main purpose is not really intended to talk about BTC, then that is a shill... so if "shilling" is happening, then it should go on another thread at best or maybe at least be pointed out, and surely I should be somewhat qualified to proclaim that some post or topic is shilling if such shilling seems to be going on from my perspective.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: But I'll try to make this boomer proof:

Maybe you should question yourself regarding your own need to use the term "boomer proof" when it is likely NOT even necessary to go down such path... but no, you have some kind of ongoing insecurity in your own ability to try to stay on topic, and maybe you don't even know anything about bitcoin, so you just throw out some randomly connected ideas... Perhaps they are connected? I may have to give you the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Bitcoin is great. It's simply lacking in the realm of anonymity. In some ways it's anti-privacy. The block chain is a permanent ledger of btc transactions. It's pretty easy nowadays for blockchains detectives and machine learning algorithms to sources transactions and wallets. 

So what? If there is some issue that you have with wanting to invest in other privacy coins, then do it. I don't see the point of your exaggerating something here and trying to make it out to be some kind of major flaw in bitcoin when bitcoin had some purposeful design in terms of prioritizing sound money that meant that there was a certain openness on the blockchain. Surely, privacy is continuing to be something that is worked on and developed, but it is NOT as BIG of an issue that you are making it out to be in order that you can pump some bullshit and try to assert that bitcoin is defective in some kind of meaningful way.

Of course there had been choices and trade offs from the beginning in bitcoin to keep a certain degree of openness in transactions with a prioritization of sound money. Don't try to act like privacy chains do not have some of their own problems in terms of verifying transactions or even keeping the monetary supply under control? And, don't try to act as if bitcoin does not have any development in the direction of privacy... even if some of that might be going on through second layer solutions and also continuing to be worked out in bitcoin.. or attempted to be worked out.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Monero and perhaps a couple other privacy coins offer solutions in this area.

Yeah, they do... so good for you... why don't you go play with those privacy coins.. Good luck with that... Maybe you want to go create a thread about this or even wrap it into some other existing thread. I doubt that it is very relevant or interesting here in terms of a lot of other more important things going on in bitcoin on an ongoing basis rather than your desire for your various shitcoin scam imitation projects to pumpening.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: If they're not perfect yet, theyre at least built on a foundation to where they can get there in the future.

Great. At least you admit that your other shit projects are not perfect, and it would be even better if you took those nonsense discussions somewhere else... because they largely seem to be off-topic here and of little to no interest... especially your superficial way of bringing them up and also attempting to imply some kind of meaningful and important bitcoin deficiency... which largely seems to be desperate and exaggerated rather than really constructive.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: BTC's structure will never allow for 100% privacy. 

So what? Seems to me that there was no real attempt to get 100% private, but there have always been a variety of tools in bitcoin, including the fact that there has been pseudo-anonymity rather than pure anonymity... So, surely these are various technical features that can be weighed in bitcoin and also in terms of investment decisions, use-case decisions and even allocation decisions.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Perhaps you dont value your privacy and your sole consideration

Of course, it is NOT necessarily to become too maniacal regarding the purpose of your investment. Bitcoin is a dollar hedge and a sound money instrument. Of course there are some privacy features, but that is surely NOT the main focus in what bitcoin has been adding to the space, so you get your panties all in a wadd about some supposed feature and you seem to NOT even understand what it is that bitcoin brought to the space in the first place. Probably if you could bring down your excitement a level or two, you might be able to better understand what the fuck bitcoin is and take your dumbass desires to pump your nonsense projects in some other location.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: is that the dopamine drip you get when you see a green arrow on your crypto exchange account. Haha.

Well, sure any guy should feel some excitement when his investment goes up rather than down or sideways, but if you invest long enough you figure out strategies to largely attempt to take the emotions out of investing and that is part of the reason to diversify and that is part of the reason to engage in other kinds of allocation strategies and even contemplating of your own personal circumstances in order that you will NOT become too emotional about the movement of your asset in one direction or another. If you ever actually attempted to understand my approach to bitcoin you should be able to understand that I have strategies that try to take out some of the emotions, even when the BTC price is going up... even though I will admit that it can get a bit exciting when the price goes up 3.5x in less than three months like it did in early 2019 from $4,200 to $13,880, and also when it went up 42% in 12 hours from $7,300 to $10,300 on October 25, 2019. My strategies of selling on the way up and buying on the way down attempt to take advantage of these seemingly inevitable ongoing volatile periods, so I am kind of used to it...but I am not going to deny that there can be some exhilaration, too.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: I know most boomers dont really care about it.

Sounds like you don't know shit, and you are just making things up that are hopefully suitable to some baloney generalization story that you would like to tell.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: I mean you you all accepted the Patriot Act (and its eradication of financial privacy) without so much as a whimper. 

Yeah right... you are getting off topic, and it seems that you are wrong, anyhow. There are all kinds of government overreach situations that happen, so your attempt to raise one issue out of context seems to stem from your large inability to stay focused on the topic of this thread.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Inb4 you accuse me of derailing

At least you admit that you have these kinds of derailing inclinations.

(01-06-2020, 08:13 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: even though you asked me to expand upon my investment strategy. Big Grin

Yes, maybe it would be a good thing if you were able to focus on discussing your investment strategy that remains somewhat topical to the thread without meandering all over the place in a kind of emotional stream of consciousness, and did you really say much if anything about your investment strategy and how it possibly relates to bitcoin? Maybe you were asserting that you have little to no bitcoin and that you are distracted with Monero or some other lame coin that purports itself as bitcoin 2.0? And you somehow believe that you are somewhat being relevant to the thread because I asked you to attempt to elaborate? But, you seem to ongoingly have difficulties to provide some meaningful on-topic presentation without going all over the place, including your lame-ass rambling and quasi-incoherent attack mode wannabe.

Causes me to worry whether I should even invite any further response from you or to attempt to get you to try to stay somewhat on a bitcoin related topic, not that I can stop you from doing whatever seemingly youthful and inadequately informed stream of consciousness is that you are inclined to spout out. Blush Tongue
Here's a nice article from Aaron van Wirdum that came out yesterday regarding bitcoin's projection forward for 2020 and beyond.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/202...l-upgrades

https://twitter.com/AaronvanW

and here is another nice article from a few days ago from Nic Carter regarding the efficient market hypothesis and how it applies (or not) to bitcoin

https://medium.com/@nic__carter/an-intro...7e90be7c0d
https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/cryptos...-tops-8000

This is why I have money in crypto. Shocks to the system cause coins to rise. Bring it on!
(01-07-2020, 09:12 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote: https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/cryptos...-tops-8000

This is why I have money in crypto. Shocks to the system cause coins to rise. Bring it on!

I believe that bitcoin is a hedge (even the vague concept of "crypto"), but surely the correlation of the hedge is far from clear, and maybe that is part of the justification to maintain some bitcoin (fuck the others) in your holdings - in order to have some asset that still is not clearly correlated in either direction with traditional asset classes...
Here's a "pretty" juxtaposition of ideas visual for a ten-year annualized time frame, and numbers too, for guys to ponder in the coming moments (hours or so) until I post something else:   hahahahahaha  

Furthermore, don't get two excited about green candles, like SpecialEd had advised NOT to be getting too excited....   The green candles are meaningless mirages.   Wink  They don't mean anything .... bitcoin is broken, and there is some shitcoin out there that is better... .. hahahahahahaha  (not)

https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/121...2422615043

[Image: ENsQKCNU8AAR1_A?format=jpg&name=small]
Orange coin good
(01-08-2020, 09:03 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Orange coin good

That sums it up, Swordfish.  Number go up, recently, and SpecialEd correctly pointed out (the obvious) that when number go up, HODLers of Orange coin become more excited.... Wink  especially more excited than those diptwats holding shitcoins and their number does not go up.... because go figure, what is going to happen (sooner or later) with shitcoins, anyhow?   Tongue
Below is a link to a nice long article from Brian Trollz (yesterday), and he tweeted that his motivation for writing the article was to rebutt recent writings from Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong... who is involved with one of the recent groups that are trying to mislead people in the space regarding what is bitcoin... .. as we likely realize there are a lot of influential people in the cryptospace who are actually shitcoiners or they have lost their ways with shitcoins and their nonsensical attempts to try to equate various shitcoins with bitcoin. 

Some of these people may have been early to bitcoin, so they try to use that as a kind of credibility to mislead people regarding what is bitcoin and what is the space, and Brian Armstrong seems to be one of those shitcoiners who engage in ongoing misleading in the space.

https://twitter.com/brian_trollz/status/...97633?s=20

https://medium.com/block-digest-mempool/...033ff7d2a?
Here's another interesting tweet that mentions a bitmex article that was published today describing bitcoin core software improvements that involve various ongoing bitcoin software developments that attempt to decrease bitcoin's reliance on 3rd party software.

https://twitter.com/BitMEXResearch/statu...6578923520

[Image: ENwj9roX0AADUGm?format=jpg&name=small]
Here's a link to a nice YouTube interview of Kennedy Finance on January 3 that lasts about 1 hour and involves both Trace Mayer and davincj15, and surely there are some considerations of both power and limitations of bitcoin, including a decent amount of in the weeds technical discussions of soft forks and consensus.  There is also some throwing the bones at other projects, including Monero which might perhaps make SpecialEd more excited rather than disgruntled in respect to the power of bitcoin in his fantastical assertion that bitcoin maximalists do not attempt to consider some of the value of other projects including some of the in-the-weeds privacy and fungibility considerations that come with any sound money approach that can be attacked by various status quo financial institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifAHvox69rw
(01-08-2020, 03:35 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 09:03 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: Orange coin good

That sums it up, Swordfish.  Number go up, recently, and SpecialEd correctly pointed out (the obvious) that when number go up, HODLers of Orange coin become more excited.... Wink  especially more excited than those diptwats holding shitcoins and their number does not go up.... because go figure, what is going to happen (sooner or later) with shitcoins, anyhow?   Tongue

The drastic bull and bear markets bring in new comers, and only the true believers stay through the bears. Satoshi really understood human psychology. Hodl on comrade, we are just getting started. This is going to be a crazy year.