The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
Ordered my pinebook pro Smile Won't be ready until December but the last batch sold out pretty early so I didn't risk it.
(11-05-2019, 12:40 AM)billydingdong Wrote:
Quote: O.k... get the fuck out of here then and invest in your nonsense scam coin.  Your points are not relevant, but you keep making them over and over and over... Who cares about your shitcoin..?  Hardly anyone that is why you are cluttering this thread with you nonsense pumpening attempts rather than posting in some ethereum thread about how supposedly wonderful that crap is... and your actions show that even you, the STW ethereum pumpener, don't even believe your own bullshit... that is why you come here, continuing to try to get an audience.   [Image: rolleyes.png]

Apparently you care, JJG.  Wink

Let's consider the sequence of events:
  1. I posted my reservations as to why one can be reasonably hesitant to get into Bitcoin and what it's long term problems may be.

2. YOU brought up Ethereum in response to these issues.

3. YOUR response was littered with misunderstandings, and I set the record straight with actual documentation of my points.

Whether we're here or in the other thread talking about this stuff, I don't care so you can stop crying about it.

Great lame attempt to reframe your shilling and trolling as if it were somehow valid.   Rolleyes

Your reservations about bitcoin are premised on pumping your shitcoin(s), so any crying or whining only remains about your ongoing desires to talk about your bullshit irrelevant points in this here bitcoin thread when you don't even invest in bitcoin either as a long or as a short, but you merely come into these parts in order to attempt to clutter this thread with either irrelevant bullshit or stupid-ass talking points of various shitcoin projects that depend on stupid-ass talking points in order to attempt to get people to invest in their scam shit rather than into bitcoin... and also dissuade guys from wanting to research into bitcoin matters or to talk about the so many relevant kinds of issues in the bitcoin space that don't even have much if anything to do with your various coat-hanging snake-oil products (aka shitcoins) that are free-riding off of the various great, secure, immutable and censorship resistant aspects of bitcoin.

You made your point like 10 times largely amounting to how bitcoin sucks and guys should not invest in it, and how there are other coins/projects that are better risks and that I am dumb about bitcoin because I don't know about shitcoins sufficiently or whatever blah blah blah.... Great.  

We got your repetitive off-topic message, no need to keep saying the nonsense over and over... it's not relevant, even if you keep repeating it, and even if I have been trying to be nice to you to at least attempt to entertain some of your nonsense ideas in this thread, so now that you have posted a multitude of times, your points have been made and you can go run off and invest in your various shitcoins.  

Again, just in case you are not clear, we will discuss bitcoin here which also may involve a decent amount of irreverent and no need to research bashing of various shitcoins, whether your favorite shitcoin ethereum or any other shitcoin that purports to be either better than BTC or to hope that bitcoin is sufficiently deficient in some regard in order that such shitcoin can get some market niche or at least attempt to scam people into believing that there is some beyond shit value contained therein, and without any needs to give any justification for such bashing of shitcoins because we are talking about bitcoin in this here thread, not such anticipated to be bashed multitude of shitcoins, which also happens to include your favorite shitcoin amongst others.

Ultimately, whatever  nonsense points you are making or attempting to make to promote your shitcoin  (that might also involve making gratuitous distracting naysaying of bitcoin) rises to the level of irrelevant bullshit, at least in terms of this thread.  

So my alleged crying largely has to do with your ongoing insistence and wondering why you cannot just stop your dumbass troll / shilling and make your dumbass and largely irrelevant points on some other thread, such as the cryptothread (that I have already pointed out to you - and you know about it of course), or even make your own thread that would be how much you believe bitcoin is going to fail, and how I don't know anything, and just repeat whatever of your nonsense over and over and over rather than purposefully cluttering this thread with your repetitive shill/troll off-topic shill/troll talking point matters.
(11-05-2019, 02:47 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
Quote: O.k... get the fuck out of here then and invest in your nonsense scam coin.  Your points are not relevant, but you keep making them over and over and over... Who cares about your shitcoin..?  Hardly anyone that is why you are cluttering this thread with you nonsense pumpening attempts rather than posting in some ethereum thread about how supposedly wonderful that crap is... and your actions show that even you, the STW ethereum pumpener, don't even believe your own bullshit... that is why you come here, continuing to try to get an audience.   [Image: rolleyes.png]

1. I posted my reservations as to why one can be reasonably hesitant to get into Bitcoin and what it's long term problems may be.

3. YOUR response was littered with misunderstandings, and I set the record straight with actual documentation of my points.

Whether we're here or in the other thread talking about this stuff, I don't care so you can stop crying about it.

Great lame attempt to reframe your shilling and trolling as if it were somehow valid.   Rolleyes

Your reservations about bitcoin are premised on pumping your shitcoin(s), so any crying or whining only remains about your ongoing desires to talk about your bullshit irrelevant points in this here bitcoin thread when you don't even invest in bitcoin either as a long or as a short, but you merely come into these parts in order to attempt to clutter this thread with either irrelevant bullshit or stupid-ass talking points of various shitcoin projects that depend on stupid-ass talking points in order to attempt to get people to invest in their scam shit rather than into bitcoin... and also dissuade guys from wanting to research into bitcoin matters or to talk about the so many relevant kinds of issues in the bitcoin space that don't even have much if anything to do with your various coat-hanging snake-oil products (aka shitcoins) that are free-riding off of the various great, secure, immutable and censorship resistant aspects of bitcoin.

You made your point like 10 times largely amounting to how bitcoin sucks and guys should not invest in it, and how there are other coins/projects that are better risks and that I am dumb about bitcoin because I don't know about shitcoins sufficiently or whatever blah blah blah.... Great.  

We got your repetitive off-topic message, no need to keep saying the nonsense over and over... it's not relevant, even if you keep repeating it, and even if I have been trying to be nice to you to at least attempt to entertain some of your nonsense ideas in this thread, so now that you have posted a multitude of times, your points have been made and you can go run off and invest in your various shitcoins.  

Again, just in case you are not clear, we will discuss bitcoin here which also may involve a decent amount of irreverent and no need to research bashing of various shitcoins, whether your favorite shitcoin ethereum or any other shitcoin that purports to be either better than BTC or to hope that bitcoin is sufficiently deficient in some regard in order that such shitcoin can get some market niche or at least attempt to scam people into believing that there is some beyond shit value contained therein, and without any needs to give any justification for such bashing of shitcoins because we are talking about bitcoin in this here thread, not such anticipated to be bashed multitude of shitcoins, which also happens to include your favorite shitcoin amongst others.

Ultimately, whatever  nonsense points you are making or attempting to make to promote your shitcoin  (that might also involve making gratuitous distracting naysaying of bitcoin) rises to the level of irrelevant bullshit, at least in terms of this thread.  

So my alleged crying largely has to do with your ongoing insistence and wondering why you cannot just stop your dumbass troll / shilling and make your dumbass and largely irrelevant points on some other thread, such as the cryptothread (that I have already pointed out to you - and you know about it of course), or even make your own thread that would be how much you believe bitcoin is going to fail, and how I don't know anything, and just repeat whatever of your nonsense over and over and over rather than purposefully cluttering this thread with your repetitive shill/troll off-topic shill/troll talking point matters.

bro let the plebs buy as many shitcoins as their hearts desire.
(11-05-2019, 04:03 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

I don't have any problem with billydingdong or any other STW guy buying shitcoins, if that ends up being his choice, but I do have problems with those shitcoins being pumped on this thread, and/or the bashing on bitcoin to be premised upon the pumpening of their crap (even when they try to suggest that they are bashing on bitcoin for pure theoretical reasons, blah blah blah).. which we already know is a pretty common theme for shitcoiners to feel that it is necessary to bash on bitcoin in order to pump their shit and that is why there ends up being a relatively narrow scope of shitcoin talking points that attempt to suggest that bitcoin is broken or defective in some kind of way and that their shitcoin is going to satisfy some of those various purported BTC defects... .

Yeah, fine and dandy, if they do it in another thread, then I don't give any shits, and likely will not even chime in very much in their passing on of deluded messages in some other STW thread, yet this thread is not for the pumpening of shitcoins.. or even discussing them to compare and contrast with bitcoin, unless it is merely just to summarily bash them.
(11-05-2019, 04:15 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 04:03 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

I don't have any problem with billydingdong or any other STW guy buying shitcoins, if that ends up being his choice, but I do have problems with those shitcoins being pumped on this thread, and/or the bashing on bitcoin to be premised upon the pumpening of their crap (even when they try to suggest that they are bashing on bitcoin for pure theoretical reasons, blah blah blah).. which we already know is a pretty common theme for shitcoiners to feel that it is necessary to bash on bitcoin in order to pump their shit and that is why there ends up being a relatively narrow scope of shitcoin talking points that attempt to suggest that bitcoin is broken or defective in some kind of way and that their shitcoin is going to satisfy some of those various purported BTC defects... .

Yeah, fine and dandy, if they do it in another thread, then I don't give any shits, and likely will not even chime in very much in their passing on of deluded messages in some other STW thread, yet this thread is not for the pumpening of shitcoins.. or even discussing them to compare and contrast with bitcoin, unless it is merely just to summarily bash them.

True, but it's not worth our energy. We've said our peace. They just have to feel the pain from being wrong.
(11-05-2019, 02:47 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Great lame attempt to reframe your shilling and trolling as if it were somehow valid.   Rolleyes

[1]
Your reservations about bitcoin are premised on pumping your shitcoin(s), so any crying or whining only remains about your ongoing desires to talk about your bullshit irrelevant points in this here bitcoin thread when you don't even invest in bitcoin either as a long or as a short, but you merely come into these parts in order to attempt to clutter this thread with either irrelevant bullshit or stupid-ass talking points of various shitcoin projects
that depend on stupid-ass talking points in order to attempt to get people to invest in their scam shit rather than into bitcoin... and also dissuade guys from wanting to research into bitcoin matters or to talk about the so many relevant kinds of issues in the bitcoin space that don't even have much if anything to do with your various coat-hanging snake-oil products (aka shitcoins) that are free-riding off of the various great, secure, immutable and censorship resistant aspects of bitcoin.

...snip...

[2] Again, just in case you are not clear, we will discuss bitcoin here which also may involve a decent amount of irreverent and no need to research bashing of various shitcoins, whether your favorite shitcoin ethereum or any other shitcoin that purports to be either better than BTC or to hope that bitcoin is sufficiently deficient in some regard in order that such shitcoin can get some market niche or at least attempt to scam people into believing that there is some beyond shit value contained therein, and without any needs to give any justification for such bashing of shitcoins because we are talking about bitcoin in this here thread, not such anticipated to be bashed multitude of shitcoins, which also happens to include your favorite shitcoin amongst others.

[3]Ultimately, whatever  nonsense points you are making or attempting to make to promote your shitcoin  (that might also involve making gratuitous distracting naysaying of bitcoin) rises to the level of irrelevant bullshit, at least in terms of this thread.  

...snip...

Continuing with the comedy, on cue...

[1]

What shilling? I'm not telling anyone to invest in anything and I've maintained since the beginning that all cryptos are highly speculative. Where am I promoting investing in Ethereum or any other coin here? I'm just laying out facts and perspective about comparative characteristics and features. Namely those that Bitcoin lacks that I think are concerning.

Last time I checked, this is the The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics). Bringing up the good and not-so-good about Bitcoin in relation to competitors is fair game for discussion. Sorry you don't like it.

[2]

If you didn't want to talk about Ethereum's  superior scaling performance then you shouldn't have brought it up. Take your own advice, JJG, and stop introducing discussion of non-Bitcoin coins in the Bitcoin thread!

[3]

It's not gratuitous naysaying pointing out Bitcoin's real risks, and I'll continue to mention them if you keep on insisting they're talking points without further explanation.

It's a healthy counterweight to the echo chamber of shilling going on, with you puffing on hopium and saying that Bitcoin is likely going to be the greatest 'intergenerational transfer of wealth' we'll ever see. Yeah maybe, but maybe not.

Bitcoin's trajectory could be more like how AOL 'changed the world', lol...

Even though you seem to want to keep bringing up Ethereum unprompted, I'm going to go ahead and get the thread back on to a Bitcoin related topic.

In an article published in Bloomberg, a couple of academics are alleging that Bitcoin's 2017 run to $20K was caused by one whale!

They argue that someone on the Bitfinex exchange was using Tether (which is controlled by Bitfinex) to buy up Bitcoin whenever Bitcoin would fall to a certain price in order to prop it up. Based on 'simulations', the nature of the price fluctuations during that 2017 time period is more indicative of a single large Bitfinex trader's disproportionate impact (certain price movements coinciding w/ Bitfinex's printing of Tether!) and NOT the "aggregate flows of smaller traders".

Bitfinex + Tether deny it all and claim that “the paper lacks academic rigor”. 

Whether it was one trader or not that caused the 2017 mania, I don't see how it particularly matters under today's conditions.

The $20K all-time-high was indeed reached and until it's eclipsed, it seems that it will continue to be the main benchmark for current points of comparison and if/when there's another surge, a likely point of future resistance.
(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:47 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]

Even though you seem to want to keep bringing up Ethereum unprompted, I'm going to go ahead and get the thread back on to a Bitcoin related topic.

Aren't you so full of sensibilities.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: In an article published in Bloomberg, a couple of academics are alleging that Bitcoin's 2017 run to $20K was caused by one whale!

I already posted about that earlier today in post #443, above.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: They argue that someone on the Bitfinex exchange was using Tether (which is controlled by Bitfinex) to buy up Bitcoin whenever Bitcoin would fall to a certain price in order to prop it up.

Yeah. And, they are full of shit to be spouting out about one person or entity or even a narrow set of entities causing the 2017 price rise. They are engaged in wishful thinking to deny broader adoption aspects of what is going on in bitcoin.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: Based on 'simulations', the nature of the price fluctuations during that 2017 time period is more indicative of a single large Bitfinex trader's disproportionate impact (certain price movements coinciding w/ Bitfinex's printing of Tether!) and NOT the "aggregate flows of smaller traders".

They can simulate until they are blue in the face; they are full of shit.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: Bitfinex + Tether deny it all and claim that “the paper lacks academic rigor”. 

Of course, it lacks academic rigor. It also lacks plausibility. But it does have a motive, and that is to deny the power of bitcoin, the spread of bitcoin and the seeming inevitability of a trajectory that is largely s-curvingly exponentially up.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: Whether it was one trader or not that caused the 2017 mania, I don't see how it particularly matters under today's conditions.

You like to give benefit of the doubt to nonsense and act as if it has some kind of plausibility. You know that they have been having these one player or small group of actor manipulations throughout bitcoin's history?

Do you realize who was the one manipulator in 2013?

Do you?

Go on..... guess.

Willy bot.

Yeah right. Rolleyes You gotta take this shit with a BIG ass grain of salt, and likely it is more wishful thinking than either logical or factual. Of course, there is always going to be some facts and some logic that makes sense for any conspiracy theory, but in the end those kinds of nonsense theories only appeals to the pie in the sky people who want to believe the nonsense. Are you one of those wishful thinking peeps, billydingdong? Or do you want to be treated more seriously, and at least attempt to exercise some critical thinking rather than just spouting out nonsense that you wish to be true.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: The $20K all-time-high was indeed reached and until it's eclipsed, it seems that it will continue to be the main benchmark for current points of comparison and if/when there's another surge, a likely point of future resistance.

Well, the way that previous ATH work is that newbies do not believe that they will be reached and there will be a lot of talk about selling before everyone else and blah blah blah, and the more likely scenario is that there is a no-mans land in about the $17,500 to $24,000 territory in which the price will go whizzing by. Of course, there might be some fake outs here and there, and there may be some wondering, but largely guys should not be selling very much in that price range because we are not likely to be sticking around there. So yeah maybe sell a bit under $17,500 and even above $24k, and in the end, do whatever the fuck that you like, but frequently the resistance at the previous ATH levels tends to be overstated, and the discussion of all the people selling at that point is overstated, because the number of buyers is likely to far outstrip the sellers (even if there are a few fake outs during the process).

Don't worry about it, anyhow, billydingdong, because you are not going to be in BTC, and the only thing that you are going to be doing is watching your stupid ass scamcoin ETH to attempt to figure out if there are going to be periods that ETH is going to experience a alt coin season that outperforms bitcoin, blah blah blah. It is like the caveman allegory, where you are looking at the shadows rather than the real sunlight. But whatever, do what you like.
(11-05-2019, 05:36 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: You like to give benefit of the doubt to nonsense and act as if it has some kind of plausibility. You know that they have been having these one player or small group of actor manipulations throughout bitcoin's history?

Do you realize who was the one manipulator in 2013?

Do you?

Go on..... guess.

Willy bot.

Yeah right.   Rolleyes   You gotta take this shit with a BIG ass grain of salt, and likely it is more wishful thinking than either logical or factual.  Of course, there is always going to be some facts and some logic that makes sense for any conspiracy theory, but in the end those kinds of nonsense theories only appeals to the pie in the sky people who want to believe the nonsense.  [1]Are you one of those wishful thinking peeps, billydingdong?  Or do you want to be treated more seriously, and at least attempt to exercise some critical thinking rather than just spouting out nonsense that you wish to be true.

(11-05-2019, 04:32 AM)billydingdong Wrote: The $20K all-time-high was indeed reached and until it's eclipsed, it seems that it will continue to be the main benchmark for current points of comparison and if/when there's another surge, a likely point of future resistance.

[2] Well, the way that previous ATH work is that newbies do not believe that they will be reached and there will be a lot of talk about selling before everyone else and blah blah blah, and the more likely scenario is that there is a no-mans land in about the $17,500 to $24,000 territory in which the price will go whizzing by.   Of course, there might be some fake outs here and there, and there may be some wondering, but largely guys should not be selling very much in that price range because we are not likely to be sticking around there.  So yeah maybe sell a bit under $17,500 and even above $24k, and in the end, do whatever the fuck that you like, but frequently the resistance at the previous ATH levels tends to be overstated, and the discussion of all the people selling at that point is overstated, because the number of buyers is likely to far outstrip the sellers (even if there are a few fake outs during the process).

[3]Don't worry about it, anyhow, billydingdong, because you are not going to be in BTC, and the only thing that you are going to be doing is watching your stupid ass scamcoin ETH to attempt to figure out if there are going to be periods that ETH is going to experience a alt coin season that outperforms bitcoin, blah blah blah.  It is like the caveman allegory, where you are looking at the shadows rather than the real sunlight.  But whatever, do what you like.

[1] Settle down, gramps.

I understand that your bitcoin-shill-script.exe was triggered, but I admittedly don't know the extent to which their one-whale hypothesis has merit and neither do you. Their paper is set to be published at some point in the Journal of Finance, which is a reputable journal, so we'll see what their arguments are and what others have to say about their study once it becomes accessible to the public.

I also mentioned that even if BTC was manipulated back in '17 (or '13), I don't see why it will necessarily effect future price movements. There could be organic retail demand, another hype bubble, or institutional acquisition, etc.

But it is interesting that there are finance experts that believe that BTC price has been subject to manipulation by major holders and under what scenarios it can happen.

Even if the evidence turns out tenuous, they probably have a perspective worth hearing out over someone who doesn't even know what a programmable blockchain is. Wink

[2] Maybe. I guess we'll see if/when we get there.

[3] Jesus Christ... Here you are bringing up Ethereum AGAIN off topic. What is your deal...?
(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: [1] Settle down, gramps.

Are you unable to restrain yourself from ad hominem bullshit merely because you are having trouble making meaningful substantive arguments?

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: I understand that your bitcoin-shill-script.exe was triggered, but I admittedly don't know the extent to which their one-whale hypothesis has merit and neither do you.

Yes. I know the extent to which it is bullshit, and you are trying to treat it like as if it were some kind of valid argument.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: Their paper is set to be published at some point in the Journal of Finance, which is a reputable journal, so we'll see what their arguments are and what others have to say about their study once it becomes accessible to the public.

Who gives any shits what others have to say about it when it is full of shit. If there is an argument that is full of shit, but a bunch of other people agree that it is a good argument, you are going to fail and refuse to exercise your own judgement and believe baloney merely because some supposed reputable people are saying it. Get a brain billy.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: I also mentioned that even if BTC was manipulated back in '17 (or '13), I don't see why it will necessarily effect future price movements.

There is always going to be some manipulation that is going on, but it is plain stupid to be getting caught up in single causation theories unless they are more substantive... such as stock to flow or four year garner hype cycles or something that at least makes some sense. Yeah, you can combine them too, but you should realize that explaining a whole period such as the movement from August 2017 to December 2017 in a kind of one entity theory is nearly total bonkers. There were a lot of other things going on at that time. Same thing with the two exponential price spurts in 2013. Willybot is just a convenient way to attempt to dismiss actual growth and/or that BTC price movement is a bit broader than one entity manipulating even if that might have been happening too.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: There could be organic retail demand, another hype bubble, or institutional acquisition, etc.

Yeah of course, there could, and there is also some money coming in to pump scam ICO coins and there is also resolution of hardfork issues, halvening that had just taken place in mid 2016, and there is fomo (momentum) too.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: But it is interesting that there are finance experts that believe that BTC price has been subject to manipulation by major holders and under what scenarios it can happen.

Of course, there is going to be some manipulation and manipulation attempts too, but that is far from the total picture, even though it could be part of the picture. It is not funny that dumbasses are going to try to explain BTC price movement as if it were one thing going on (especially manipulation).

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: Even if the evidence turns out tenuous, they probably have a perspective worth hearing out over someone who doesn't even know what a programmable blockchain is. Wink

You can give them as much credit as you like, and if you are having troubles focusing, maybe you should buy a bit of bitcoin and maybe some aspects of it will become a bit more concrete for you since you seem to be quite distracted by trying to read bitcoin through ethereum, when ethereum is the tail not the dog. The tail does not wag the dog, it is the other way around, just in case you did not know better.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: [2] Maybe. I guess we'll see if/when we get there.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed. I am hoping to average at least 6% returns per year on average, so yeah it could take a while to get to a doubling of today's price, which is currently $9,233 as I type this response.

(11-05-2019, 06:24 AM)billydingdong Wrote: [3] Jesus Christ... Here you are bringing up Ethereum AGAIN off topic. What is your deal...?

Hey if you cannot admit obvious facts (unless you have changed your investment), you are invested in ETH, like a dumb ass, and failing and refusing to invest in Bitcoin and that likely says something about you, when your own thinking is likely quite fucked up that you want to talk about bitcoin because you are interested how your shit coin is going to perform. What other reason would you be interested in bitcoin? You are not buying bitcoin or shorting it without telling are you? Otherwise ETH (aka shitcoin) would be irrelevant to this conversation but you seem to have some kind of perverted view about wanting to participate in this thread, and not interested in bitcoin, but investing in ethereum. Who is the deluded one? Do you see me posting persistently in threads about stuff that I am not invested in? Let me know if you have seen that from me? beyond a post here or there? No pattern and persistence, that's for sure that you will not find that from me.
Anyways, the pinebook pro has an adapter you can buy for $7 and connect an SSD to it as well. I knew I would find a use for my old 500gb Samsung SSD lol. Can't wait.
Billy,.... hate to DOX you, but are you really Nick Chong? Or is there just contagion in the ethereum world to want to talk about bitcoin? 

https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/bitcoin...esistance/

Chong's article from yesterday asserting that bitcoin is largely in an uptrend, and quoting a tweet from cold blooded shiller:

https://twitter.com/ColdBloodShill/statu...5624751104

[Image: EIWY7vCXUAE0Wl_?format=jpg&name=small]
Here's a nice little tweet from Rythmtrader reminding us the value of censorship resistance.

https://twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/...1065781251

>>>>>>More than $5,2,000,000,000 worth of value is transfered everyday using the Bitcoin Network.

No government, bank or third party had to verify the transactions, nor could they have stopped any of them if they wanted to.

That should blow your mind.<<<<<<

Adjusted the amount in order to make it more accurate (and corrected (by Julian Hosp) further down in that twitter thread)

[Image: EInwvqeX0AEhblB?format=jpg&name=small]
(11-05-2019, 07:43 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Yes.  I know the extent to which it is bullshit, and you are trying to treat it like as if it were some kind of valid argument.

[1]Who gives any shits what others have to say about it when it is full of shit.  If there is an argument that is full of shit, but a bunch of other people agree that it is a good argument, you are going to fail and refuse to exercise your own judgement and believe baloney merely because some supposed reputable people are saying it.  Get a brain billy.

...snip...

You can give them as much credit as you like, and if you are having troubles focusing, [2]maybe you should buy a bit of bitcoin and maybe some aspects of it will become a bit more concrete for you since you seem to be quite distracted by trying to read bitcoin through ethereum, when ethereum is the tail not the dog.  The tail does not wag the dog, it is the other way around, just in case you did not know better.

[3] Hey if you cannot admit obvious facts (unless you have changed your investment), you are invested in ETH, like a dumb ass, and failing and refusing to invest in Bitcoin and that likely says something about you, when your own thinking is likely quite fucked up that you want to talk about bitcoin because you are interested how your shit coin is going to perform.  What other reason would you be interested in bitcoin?  You are not buying bitcoin or shorting it without telling are you?  Otherwise ETH (aka shitcoin) would be irrelevant to this conversation but you seem to have some kind of perverted view about wanting to participate in this thread, and not interested in bitcoin, but investing in ethereum.  [4] Who is the deluded one?  Do you see me posting persistently in threads about stuff that I am not invested in?  Let me know if you have seen that from me?  beyond a post here or there?  No pattern and persistence, that's for sure that you will not find that from me.

[1] We'll see what their argument actually is and what their evidence is before saying it's 'full of shit'... That's the reasonable thing to do. Given that you feel Bitcoin is your king daddy, your judgment may be a bit clouded  Wink

[2] JJG, you just cannot stop talking about Ethereum!

Also your overall point here is retarded. You don't have to purchase and hold Bitcoin in order to understand it. I understand Bitcoin well enough on its own and in relation to other cryptos — something you foolishly have no clue about especially when considering that the majority of your wealth is concentrated in the Bitcoin basket.

[3] And what about it? My holdings aren't relevant to the validity of the criticisms I'm making. That's the very definition of ad hominem. I could buy 10 Bitcoin tomorrow and nothing would change about what I've written... 

I participate in this thread because there's some cult-like thinking going on. You and swordy write as if you're part of some weird Bitcoin religion, and so I write from the perspective of someone who hasn't drunk the koolaid.

[4] I've seen you fairly often in the other Crypto thread shilling Bitcoin when I've brought up some of the happenings in other cryptos... but the difference is I don't care and cry about it; you can post whatever you want if you're staying mostly on topic.

(11-05-2019, 05:00 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Billy,.... hate to DOX you, but are you really Nick Chong? Or is there just contagion in the ethereum world to want to talk about bitcoin? 

Haha, yep, you got me dead to rights!

[Image: nickchong-150x150.jpg]

But seriously it seems like you're the one with Ethereum Derangement Syndrome because you're the one that can't stop bringing Eth up in this thread!

Let it go, JJG, you will feel much better.
(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 07:43 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]

[1] We'll see what their argument actually is and what their evidence is before saying it's 'full of shit'... That's the reasonable thing to do. Given that you feel Bitcoin is your king daddy, your judgment may be a bit clouded  Wink

Stop being a diptwat.  There is no need.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: [2] JJG, you  just cannot stop talking about Ethereum!

Try to stay on topic you fuck, and stop trying to attribute your passion to me. Largely, the only reason that I bring up ethereum or other shitcoins is to bash them, which is surely on topic... your biased inclinations to pump the various made up values of it are not on topic, here.  Get a grip.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8zluThjvqOFwHid45zTV...SwMcvRrb&s]

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Also your overall point here is retarded. You don't have to purchase and hold Bitcoin in order to understand it.

While it is true that you do not need to hold something to understand it, you surely speak a lot of ill informed bullshit about it, aka talking points. Also, seems strange that you would want to continue to participate in a thread in which it is asserted that you are off topic. I suppose if I were to give you some kind of benefit of the doubt, then it might seem that you are just stubborn in your desire to make sure that the message is clear, but the more logical explanations are that either you are trolling in order to distract or shilling your bullshit other coins.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: I understand Bitcoin well enough on its own and in relation to other cryptos — something you foolishly have no clue

How many times do I have to say it. Your other coins are not on topic here, except to the extent that either you want to bash them or if you are actually making valid points about bitcoin rather than subversively trying to shill your shit through lame bitcoin denigrations.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: about especially when considering that the majority of your wealth is concentrated in the Bitcoin basket.

Try to stay focused billydingdong. You keep bringing this up as if it is important. I have not even seen you post one post in the crypto thread, which seems the more appropriate thread, and if you create your own thread, then please provide a link. Either of those would be more appropriate instead of your desire to just get distracted with ongoing out of context nonsense.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: [3] And what about it? My holdings aren't relevant to the validity of the criticisms I'm making. That's the very definition of ad hominem. I could buy 10 Bitcoin tomorrow and nothing would change about what I've written... 

For this thread, we are trying to stay bitcoin related, and you are not doing that.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: I participate in this thread because there's some cult-like thinking going on.

No there is not, you dumb diptwat. I already attempted to make a fair description of what is on topic in this thread, and you seem to fail and refuse to stay within such spirit.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: You and swordy write as if you're part of some weird Bitcoin religion,

Poor little you to be jealous. This thread is open to everyone, including you, but you seem to have some inability to even attempt to bring up valid and reasonable bitcoin observations. You just spread ongoing repetitive nonsense, and seem to just want to whiteknight.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: and so I write from the perspective of someone who hasn't drunk the koolaid.

Stop trying to attribute more credibility to yourself or to act like you are more objective than either me or swordfish, because you are not. You are just engaged in ongoing pumpening of other projects or dengration of bitcoin that is largely related to your desire to pumpening those other projects. That is far from objective. It is merely attempting to appear objective, when you are not. In other words: Bye, bye.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: [4] I've seen you fairly often in the other Crypto thread shilling Bitcoin when I've brought up some of the happenings in other cryptos... 

Crypto thread seems to be more open about any crypto related topic, this thread is not. I doubt that I was shilling even if I might have been talking about bitcoin in connection to whatever post or point that I was making therein. Those posts likely speak for themselves. Why don't you go post there, and maybe I will respond and maybe not. If you are purely talking about ethereum and/or other shitcoin projects without talking about bitcoin then I may not respond. I cannot guarantee, but I again assert that this thread is not intended for those kinds of discussions, and that was largely the reason that I wrote OP in the way that I did... which seems pretty clear, but you seem to willfully NOT want to get it.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: but the difference is I don't care and cry about it; you can post whatever you want if you're staying mostly on topic.

difference? You lost me.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote:

(11-05-2019, 05:00 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Billy,.... hate to DOX you, but are you really Nick Chong? Or is there just contagion in the ethereum world to want to talk about bitcoin? 

Haha, yep, you got me dead to rights!

[Image: nickchong-150x150.jpg]

Great. Now we might finally be getting somewhere with actual real relevant information sharing. Blush

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: But seriously it seems like you're the one with Ethereum Derangement Syndrome because you're the one that can't stop bringing Eth up in this thread!

Nonsense.

(11-05-2019, 07:02 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Let it go, JJG, you will feel much better.

No need for you to persist with your nonsensical attempt to reframe as if I give any fucks about your crapcoin except to denigrate it from time to time, and of course, there are times that there may need to bring up either your shitcoin or some other shitcoin in the various shitcoin/altcoin/ico space in relationship with bitcoin. It is on topic to mostly attempt to talk about bitcoin or to represent bitcoin accurately while talking about various shitcoins, as long as the focus is mostly honest attempt to clarify things going on in bitcoin.

Like I said, the way that you tend to bring up shitcoins in a contrarian way and sometimes more subtly or passive aggressively pump them, seems to be more to either pump that crap or to denigrate bitcoin with the desire to pump that crap through denigrating bitcoin... which is a different way of brining up shitcoins and of course, off topic, like I already said a zillion bigillion times.
(11-02-2019, 02:42 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 02:49 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podcast/n...nd-bitcoin

Szabo on WBD. Listening now

I usually listen to What Bitcoin Did on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network, and it has not yet come up on my feed - which is through Overcast.   I will comment further after I listen to it.   Peter (the host of WBD) surely get's a lot of good guest, and he is pretty prolific too.
.......[edited out the other parts of my earlier responser].............

Really strange that I did not not get that Nick Szabo interview on my feed until today, but I did get it today, and it was a great interview.  Szabo is surely a quite thoughtful and knowledge guy and well worth the hour and a half that it takes to listen to it.

For anyone interested in overcast, here is the link of the one that I listened to:

https://overcast.fm/+LYmLawfI

I do like overcast because it does allow for customized increasing or decreasing of the speed between .5x and 3x.  I tend to listen to most podcasts at around 1.75x, unless there is some reason to slow it down more or to speed it up.
(11-05-2019, 08:50 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 02:49 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote: https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podcast/n...nd-bitcoin

I usually listen to What Bitcoin Did on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network, and it has not yet come up on my feed - which is through Overcast.   I will comment further after I listen to it.   Peter (the host of WBD) surely get's a lot of good guest, and he is pretty prolific too.

Really strange that I did not not get that Nick Szabo interview on my feed until today, but I did get it today, and it was a great interview.  Szabo is surely a quite thoughtful and knowledge guy and well worth the hour and a half that it takes to listen to it.

For anyone interested in overcast, here is the link of the one that I listened to:

I do like overcast because it does allow for customized increasing or decreasing of the speed between .5x and 3x.  I tend to listen to most podcasts at around 1.75x, unless there is some reason to slow it down more or to speed it up.

yeah Szabo is a legend. it's amazing that we get this kind of signal for free.
(11-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:

Yep.  Peter was kind of gloating about being able to land such interview, because apparently Szabo does not give too many interviews.  Lot's of things are free in bitcoinlandia related to information, and it seems to be kind of the spirit of a community  that works on open source, and a funny thing still remains that some companies are hesitant to work on bitcoin and there is some skepticism about open source, and a kind of failure to understand some of the value that is gotten - which I think Jack Dorsey from square seems to recognize some of that value of building on bitcoin, and some other companies don't seem to get it.... not yet anyhow.
(11-06-2019, 12:10 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:

Yep.  Peter was kind of gloating about being able to land such interview, because apparently Szabo does not give too many interviews.  Lot's of things are free in bitcoinlandia related to information, and it seems to be kind of the spirit of a community  that works on open source, and a funny thing still remains that some companies are hesitant to work on bitcoin and there is some skepticism about open source, and a kind of failure to understand some of the value that is gotten - which I think Jack Dorsey from square seems to recognize some of that value of building on bitcoin, and some other companies don't seem to get it.... not yet anyhow.

Peter is a permanoob but he's a good interviewer
(11-06-2019, 01:27 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 02:42 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: I usually listen to What Bitcoin Did on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network, and it has not yet come up on my feed - which is through Overcast.   I will comment further after I listen to it.   Peter (the host of WBD) surely get's a lot of good guest, and he is pretty prolific too.

That seems to be his style, which is to play a kind of dumb, which causes a bit of ELI5 effect.

The best interviewers tend to be the ones who are either self-proclaimed bitcoin maximalists or at least striving to be bitcoin maximalists (at least in words).  When they try to give too many benefits of doubts to shitcoins or shitcoin projects or fail/refuse to call shitcoin projects for what they are, then they slide down a slippery slope of incomprehension and annoyance, which means either fast forward or shut them off completely because who's got time for that?

[Image: 94d74643939cd685a54ae8065ce91cd3f66a8aa7...7b2793.jpg]
(11-06-2019, 05:00 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:27 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 08:50 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Really strange that I did not not get that Nick Szabo interview on my feed until today, but I did get it today, and it was a great interview.  Szabo is surely a quite thoughtful and knowledge guy and well worth the hour and a half that it takes to listen to it.

That seems to be his style, which is to play a kind of dumb, which causes a bit of ELI5 effect.

The best interviewers tend to be the ones who are either self-proclaimed bitcoin maximalists or at least striving to be bitcoin maximalists (at least in words).  When they try to give too many benefits of doubts to shitcoins or shitcoin projects or fail/refuse to call shitcoin projects for what they are, then they slide down a slippery slope of incomprehension and annoyance, which means either fast forward or shut them off completely because who's got time for that?

[Image: 94d74643939cd685a54ae8065ce91cd3f66a8aa7...7b2793.jpg]

Yeah he is annoying at times but it is one of the best bitcoin podcast interviews ever. Worth re-listening to multiple times.