The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
Thanks Elon! 44k$
At $54K, señor Bitcoin hits $1 TRILLION dollars in total market cap today. Monumental milestone.

Also 30 day candle is about $20K
Is this the Chad new paradigm?
(02-19-2021, 05:27 PM)churros Wrote: Is this the Chad new paradigm?

They say the first trillion is the hardest.
Ugh every day that passes I feel like missing out on cryptos. Gotta get into that asap. Lots of catching up to do (70 pages of reading)
Time to reach $1 trillion market cap:

Bitcoin: 12 years

Google: 21 years

Amazon: 24 years

Apple: 42 years

Microsoft: 44 years
Where is JJG to celebrate 50k and soon 60K?
BTC is easily going to 100k. 500k is a real possibility down the road

ETC is or what ever its called is going to continue to go up as well.
With this level of sentiment, the pump could go on much longer. I'm still holding out for alt season though. Can't get rich on BTC anymore.
you gotta give JayJuanGee credit to where its due. A lot on Rooshv talked so much smack to him saying bitcoin is done and he was delusional to think it would hit even 50k+..... when bitcoin was 5k-10k.. He would type paragraphs and everyone doubted his predictions. But turns out the guy was not playing around!
Lol yeah he sure was passionate about it, very dedicated. I imagine he is doing very good now. It's a nice thing that many guys in our community are very much into cryptos. It wil give us long term independence and higher levels of freedom.
(02-20-2021, 04:35 PM)6Foot Wrote: you gotta give JayJuanGee credit to where its due. A lot on Rooshv talked so much smack to him saying bitcoin is done and he was delusional to think it would hit even 50k+..... when bitcoin was 5k-10k.. He would type paragraphs and everyone doubted his predictions. But turns out the guy was not  playing around!

Just because bitcoin goes up doesn't mean anyone advocating for it is suddenly a genius.
Truth is, since 2016 you could be throwing darts at random tech stocks or anything and you would be up considerably.
I like cryptos but only as a small % of portfolio.

I'm just saying, don't trust anyone who tells you x thing is going up 100%, don't let FOMO control your life either. You will do much better in the long run if you have a plan that includes diversification and stick to it.

Whenever the subject of crypto comes out suddenly everyone is a genius with the price predictions when in reality no one knows what's going to happen. Right now, institutional backing, a weak dollar and the news cycle contribute to btc's rise, that doesn't mean there can't be a black swan event/regulation we don't see coming that causes a crash.

(02-20-2021, 02:42 AM)Dash Wrote: BTC is easily going to 100k. 500k is a real possibility down the road

Clear example above, man doesn't even now what eth is and is giving out price predictions. (Not trying to attack Dash, it's just a clear example of what happens when something is way too hyped up)

As for me, I refuse to put a significant amount of money when the same type of guy who lost money on gme, amc, etc is telling me they are going to buy bitcoin, even if that ends up with me leaving money on the table.

I think bitcoin at this point is given way too much attention, no one is getting rich off 5x returns, people just want to dream it's going to 100x and they miss other opportunities. There are tons of stocks that have outperformed in regards to risk/reward in recent years.
(02-20-2021, 04:35 PM)6Foot Wrote: you gotta give JayJuanGee credit to where its due. A lot on Rooshv talked so much smack to him saying bitcoin is done and he was delusional to think it would hit even 50k+..... when bitcoin was 5k-10k.. He would type paragraphs and everyone doubted his predictions. But turns out the guy was not  playing around!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He made some dipshit calls too. 

Namely by insisting that Ethereum and all other coins are 'shitcoins', a 'scam' and 'smoke and mirrors'.... Nowadays Ethereum, for instance, settles more value than bitcoin on chain and there's been an explosion in growth and adoption as evidenced by DeFi and NFT's.

Buying Bitcoin early and recommending DCAing was a great call and has helped out a lot of guys here.

But the fact remains: you'd be up even more today had you also bought ETH and/or DeFi tokens during the 2018-2020 bear market.
(02-21-2021, 05:29 AM)Shifty Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 02:42 AM)Dash Wrote: BTC is easily going to 100k. 500k is a real possibility down the road

Clear example above, man doesn't even now what eth is and is giving out price predictions.

Fancy that.

Just because bitcoin goes up doesn't mean anyone advocating for it is suddenly a genius.
Truth is, since 2016 you could be throwing darts at random tech stocks or anything and you would be up considerably.

I'm just saying, don't trust anyone who tells you x thing is going up 100%, don't let FOMO control your life either. You will do much better in the long run if you have a plan that includes diversification and stick to it.

Whenever the subject of crypto comes out suddenly everyone is a genius with the price predictions when in reality no one knows what's going to happen. Right now, institutional backing, a weak dollar and the news cycle contribute to btc's rise, that doesn't mean there can't be a black swan event/regulation we don't see coming that causes a crash.

Clear example above, man doesn't even now what eth is and is giving out price predictions. (Not trying to attack Dash, it's just a clear example of what happens when something is way too hyped up)

As for me, I refuse to put a significant amount of money when the same type of guy who lost money on gme, amc, etc is telling me they are going to buy bitcoin, even if that ends up with me leaving money on the table.

I think bitcoin at this point is given way too much attention, no one is getting rich off 5x returns, people just want to dream it's going to 100x and they miss other opportunities. There are tons of stocks that have outperformed in regards to risk/reward in recent years.

Reminds me of what people say with sports. One man you don't wanna bet against, ie Tom Brady. 

You don't want to bet against BTC. It has been proving people wrong for years and years. 

Needs to be something drastic to happen to kill the movement. 

If things stay as they are, it will continue to go up. 

I think at some point governments will step in to get some of the pie. Which will prob level out the price or drop it.

PS: No one purchase crypto based off my opinions
(02-22-2021, 03:12 PM)Dash Wrote:

Reminds me of what people say with sports. One man you don't wanna bet against, ie Tom Brady. 

You don't want to bet against BTC. It has been proving people wrong for years and years. 

I think at some point governments will step in to get some of the pie. Which will prob level out the price or drop it.

How?
(02-22-2021, 03:12 PM)Dash Wrote:

https://www.kevinrooke.com/bitcoin

US and Chinese gov already own BTC,

think they got a ton from arresting deepweb drugdealers
Where did JJG go?
(03-08-2021, 11:32 PM)WombRaider Wrote: Where did JJG go?

I want to bite this nostalgia in the bud because while JJG is not a bad guy, his posts contained very little analytical value.
(03-08-2021, 11:32 PM)WombRaider Wrote: Where did JJG go?

Strippers and blow, I imagine.  

The man is sitting on a pile of cash the size of Montana.

His posts were always so convoluted. 

But hey, he stuck to his thesis and now he's probably in the center of one of those spinning circle-beds, standing while preaching a convoluted, non-sensical, page-long speech to his harem, two of whom listen intently, mesmerized by his every word, while two others slob on his knob as the bed spins...while he remains at the center of it all.

It's not a bad life if you can get it.