The Bitcoin Thread (price and other bitcoin related topics)
(03-12-2020, 06:09 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 02:25 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: BTC collapsing right now. Holy shit.

That linked article does outline the current bleak scenario that we seem to be in. 
Well, finally the light bulb is beginning to turn on.  But only after you've convinced others to follow your "system" which has them down over 50% in just the last month.  Nicely done JJG!
Looks like my $2000 entry point is a becoming a distinct possibility.
In the meantime, keep trying to catch those falling knives I told you about.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
(03-12-2020, 07:04 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: Easy there. Can hear your blood pressure rising.

That's ridiculous.  It's like you have A.D.D, and you have some inabilities to even stay on topic, including devolving into nonsense and largely irrelevant speculations about my supposed emotional/physical status.   Rolleyes Rolleyes

(03-12-2020, 07:31 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 06:09 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 02:25 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: BTC collapsing right now. Holy shit.

That linked article does outline the current bleak scenario that we seem to be in. 
Well, finally the light bulb is beginning to turn on. 

Do you even know how to interact without being a smug and pretentious twat?

Accordingly, even a diptwat like you, should recognize that there are all kinds of opinions that exist in the world on a variety of topics, including bitcoin and including various market movements, and recognizing either market movements or discussions of such market movements that are made about market movements inside of one article should not constitute some kind of eye opening revealing source of enlightenment.

Yeah, sure, any of us should be able to learn from various perspectives and discussions including an article like zero hedge, but far from asserting that anyone has information about specifically where markets are going or that guys need to stop thinking for themselves and attribute sorcery status to someone else who merely has a different perspective or is merely describing various market dynamics.

(03-12-2020, 07:31 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: But only after you've convinced others to follow your "system" which has them down over 50% in just the last month.  Nicely done JJG!

There you go with more nonsense spin. Are you trying to save guys, here?

Difficult to treat you seriously when you seem to be trying to attribute malice motives to largely information sharing that is being attempted in this thread from guys trying to be genuine, like myself, and you hardly seem to be trying to be genuine with your ongoing nonsense assertions that are hardly even topic related. Have you learned anything about bitcoin lately.. oh, I forgot, you are merely waiting for $2k prices, but you might be willing to reconsider in the $3k to $4k price arena if BTC prices were to go there.

(03-12-2020, 07:31 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Looks like my $2000 entry point is a becoming a distinct possibility.

I would not call it a "distinct possibility" even though anything is possible. Maybe to give you some kind of benefit of the doubt, a $2k entry point into BTC has gone from less than 1% to being less than 10%, and I might be a bit too generous... but whatever, at least some kind of claim to a BTC goal might at least cause your post to retain some sliver of topicality, so gotta at least give you that, even though such a claim seems to largely either realistic or even genuine.. and likely you are striving to troll or shill rather than to engage in realistic discussions.

As you may know, troll/shills will frequently bring up outlandish scenarios and attribute way more probability to such scenario than it deserves, and it seems quite inadvisable that guys should be structuring their investment lives around hardly likely scenarios.. that is not called investing, that is called gambling, which is surely a tactic that I do not recommend, when it comes to bitcoin or even other investment approaches.

(03-12-2020, 07:31 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: In the meantime, keep trying to catch those falling knives I told you about.

As if you have any kind of novel theory in this regard.

I already told you fucktwat, that I have a system that is in place and has been in place for several years, and my systematic approach to bitcoin does not revolve around catching anything.. that is if you even spent one moment seriously trying to appreciate what the fuck I am doing... rather than spinning and misrepresenting what I am doing or what you would like to suggest that I am doing.

So for me, if my system hits it hits the buys or the sells, I do not tend to play around with such system in any kind of meaningful way because it is largely an attempt to both stay emotionally neutral and to NOT really get too deep into trying to predict (or change approaches) based on short term BTC price direction anticipations. Of course, my system presumes in the long term the BTC price is trending up or at least there will be some point in time that it trends up sufficiently to get out at a profit in a lump sum or more likely incrementally, and surely the longer that such system plays out and accumulates bitcoin, the more likely that it is further and further into profits.

So far, such system has been working quite well for me, and surely each guy is going to need to figure out the extent to which he might want to employ some version of my system or to employ his own system or some hybrid or whatever, each guy is responsible for his own BTC investments and strategies including whether to get into BTC or not and how much to get into BTC to the extent that he concludes such investment in BTC is practical for his situation in terms of the totality of his circumstances including his cashflow, other investments, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, risk tolerance, timeline and time available for researching and/or trading. The longer that any guy is in bitcoin or even trying to tailor any of his investments to his own circumstances (including that it is not even easy to get all of a guys shit in order in regards to the above mentioned factors), the more likely that he can tailor each of the above factors to himself, including how he decides to invest in bitcoin, if at all.
(03-12-2020, 08:09 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Do you even know how to interact without being a smug and pretentious twat?  
Slow your roll there ace.  We know you're upset because your "Bitcoin system" is bleeding you out from the orifices, but you really do give new meaning to the expression, "The pot calling the kettle black."
Cut your Bitcoin losses, learn about real investing, and join the ranks of the affluent.  If not, just stay bitter.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
(03-12-2020, 09:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 08:09 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Do you even know how to interact without being a smug and pretentious twat?  
Slow your roll there ace. 

Did someone die and put you in charge of thread tone, when you have difficult times merely staying on topic, or even bringing any kind of meaningful bitcoin related information to the conversation?

I have hardly seen any arguably substantive point from you, except perhaps if giving you the benefit of the doubt, you may have been saying that BTC price is going down and you are waiting for $2k prices. Great. Do you have anything else that you want to contribute that has any meaning? You have not even attempted to grapple with hardly any of my bitcoin related points, so I am having some difficulties understanding what is your attempted contribution to the topic of bitcoin besides saying that you are waiting for $2k.. .

(03-12-2020, 09:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: We know you're upset because your "Bitcoin system" is bleeding you out from the orifices,

That is the spin that you want to create, but such spin is not even backed by any kind of facts and my purported emotional state is hardly even relevant to the topic of the thread, except that you would like to make the thread about that, when you are just making shit up.... so anyhow, to the extent that I may be expressing any emotion, that might be due to your lack of any kind of meaningful contribution. Do you have anything bitcoin related that you would like to discuss that constitutes anything beyond mere fearmongering?

(03-12-2020, 09:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: but you really do give new meaning to the expression, "The pot calling the kettle black."

You give new meaning to the concept of just making up some kind of expression and trying to figure out if you can make such expression apply to your nonsensical spin. Didn't you have some other topic that you had created in which you can spout out your investment advices rather than your seemingly complete lack of familiarity with this particular topic beyond your being skeptical of bitcoin's current price?

(03-12-2020, 09:15 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Cut your Bitcoin losses, learn about real investing, and join the ranks of the affluent.  If not, just stay bitter.

Again, nonsensical spin. Bitcoin has made a lot of guys more wealthy, including myself. There seems to be little to no reason to change my strategy(ies) because my strategies are serving me quite well, as I have already mentioned on a number of occasions. You seem to be arguing that you know how to tailor investment strategies to my particular circumstances better than I do, but you hardly even know my personal circumstances beyond mere speculation... so I wonder how anyone could have any confidence in your ideas when you are spending time spouting out purported answers to questions that have not even been asked or are they in need of being asked.
This is where discipline comes in.

Nothing has changed about the fundamentals of BTC. In terms of the "safe haven" narrative being blown out, I wouldn't be so quick to say that.

In 08 gold sold off significantly (for a few months)....and then it shot up.

This is a liquidity event. Margin calls....investors moving to cash.

@Contrarian your entry point may be on table, but really it is a guessing game. Anyone who cuts out of their BTC position now is not focused on the long game.

Now is the time to hold.

It's back to accumulation from here. If this drop shook you out of your BTC then this market is not for you.

I bought bitcoin today.

edit: The BTC market cap is just over 100B....the fed just injected $1.5 Trillion. ZOOM OUT.
(03-12-2020, 10:52 PM)Nolimitz Wrote: @Contrarian your entry point may be on table, but really it is a guessing game. Anyone who cuts out of their BTC position now is not focused on the long game.

You seem to be a pretty nice guy, Nolimitz to give some kind of benefit of the doubt to Contrarian actually genuinely considered to enter a bitcoin position. Yeah right. If Contrarian actually buys bitcoin, then I might actually fall off my chair.

I do understand, on the other hand, Nolimitz, that you are responding to a public thread so you are not necessarily only responding to Contrarian.. which is actually a fair consideration.. We should not want troll/shills to be directing bullshit and spreading misinformation (to the extent that they have any meaningful bitcoin related information to spread).

So, yeah, I doubt that Contrarian is actually genuine in his posts in this thread and his stated intention to buy BTC at $2k or even to consider buying in the $3k to $4k region... .. I mean, shills (and trolls) frequently will post disinformation about their own position or holdings, too, or their purported expertise, which we have heard some of those self-described expertise declarations from Contrarian, too.

I suppose that Contrarian could be buying BTC or getting paid in BTC to shill negative bullshit and to clutter this thread with largely off-topic non-sense... and I hardly see how he could actually be interested in such topic if he is merely supposedly interested in entering BTC at $2k-ish.. or considering entering BTC between $3k and $4k as an alternative scenario.
(03-12-2020, 10:52 PM)Nolimitz Wrote: @Contrarian your entry point may be on table, but really it is a guessing game. Anyone who cuts out of their BTC position now is not focused on the long game.
That is not to say I EXPECT it to reach $2000, but if it did, I would say the risk would be low enough to allay my concerns about it.  I could also gloat by peppering JJG with repeated "I told you so" in an effort to cool his jets about touting Bitcoin come hell or high water.

Lot's of guys who followed his single-minded advice here are a lot broker now.  His "Fake it till you make it" approach has no place in investing.
@contrarian

You are correct the risk will be significantly lower. Pull that trigger though!

JJ has provided valuable advice on this thread and the rvf thread. "Prepare for both directions" has been a theme of his comments. In investing I believe that is very prudent advice.

My point is this: The difference between BTC at $2k and $8k will seem insignificant in the grand scheme of things if BTC succeeds as a digital store of value/protocol.

This is an accumulation year...take advantage of it. Of course there is the risk of BTC declining significantly, but there is always risks with investing....

My strategy is to DCA mechanically throughout this year and work my way up to accumulation targets. What we saw today was panic combined with liquidity forces.

This is a long game.
(03-13-2020, 12:00 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
That is not to say I EXPECT it to reach $2000, but if it did, I would say the risk would be low enough to allay my concerns about it.  I could also gloat by peppering JJG with repeated "I told you so" in an effort to cool his jets about touting Bitcoin come hell or high water.

Lot's of guys who followed his single-minded advice here are a lot broker now.  His "Fake it till you make it" approach has no place in investing.

My outlined investment technique(s) has a place in this particular asset class and a lot of other asset classes, you diptwat.

Some of the core aspects of my investment approach are described as DCA, buying on dips and variations of such strategies that I have already described in a variety of ways... including strategies involving reasonable attempts to accumulate the asset at a pace (which is bitcoin in this particular case, and applicable to the topic of this thread) that is both reasonable and within the means of guys without investing more than the investor can afford to lose.  

Seem to be quite standard practices, even though some people do employ other strategies or variations of such strategies that they conclude to be suitable to their situations.

You let us know when you are going to start pulling out your wallet to buy some BTC, Contrarian.. and maybe you will gain some credibility towards being more than just a bag of wind, because currently, your most recent rejection of any price greater than $2k and even an assertion that you don't expect BTC to get to $2k both shows that you don't really intend to buy BTC at any price and that you are just full of nonsensical assertions that are without action.

Surely, "I told you so" would be an interesting proclamation coming from a seemingly disingenuous person such as ur lil selfie, even if such assertion would not really mean anything, especially when you have already been proclaiming both that BTC prices are going to $2k and that BTC prices are not going to go to $2k, so you seem to have your bases covered in terms of being correct in your Nostradamus status no matter what, correct?  hahahahahaha  

That is frequently what guys who do not participate, do not take a stake, and proclaim to be familiar with a lot of theories and ONLY bang 10s along the way can assert that they are winners no matter what happens, right Contrarian?
(03-13-2020, 12:22 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:00 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:

My outlined investment technique(s) has a place in this particular asset class and a lot of other asset classes, you diptwat.

Some of the core aspects of my investment approach are described as DCA, buying on dips and variations of such strategies that I have already described in a variety of ways... including strategies involving reasonable attempts to accumulate the asset at a pace (which is bitcoin in this particular case, and applicable to the topic of this thread) that is both reasonable and within the means of guys without investing more than the investor can afford to lose.  

Seem to be quite standard practices, even though some people do employ other strategies or variations of such strategies that they conclude to be suitable to their situations.

You let us know when you are going to start pulling out your wallet to buy some BTC, Contrarian.. and maybe you will gain some credibility towards being more than just a bag of wind, because currently, your most recent rejection of any price greater than $2k and even an assertion that you don't expect BTC to get to $2k both shows that you don't really intend to buy BTC at any price and that you are just full of nonsensical assertions that are without action.

Surely, "I told you so" would be an interesting proclamation coming from a seemingly disingenuous person such as ur lil selfie, even if such assertion would not really mean anything, especially when you have already been proclaiming both that BTC prices are going to $2k and that BTC prices are not going to go to $2k, so you seem to have your bases covered in terms of being correct in your Nostradamus status no matter what, correct?  hahahahahaha  

That is frequently what guys who do not participate, do not take a stake, and proclaim to be familiar with a lot of theories and ONLY bang 10s along the way can assert that they are winners no matter what happens, right Contrarian?
I just don't think is is smart for guys to be putting their money where some other guy with clinically observable reactions is recommending.  There is something deeper going on and I just might have my finger on it after reviewing your posting history.
(03-13-2020, 12:50 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:22 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]
I just don't think is is smart for guys to be putting their money where some other guy with clinically observable reactions is recommending.  There is something deeper going on and I just might have my finger on it after reviewing your posting history.

More irrelevant spin.

You consider this thread to be leader follower oriented, goofball?

Yeah, I know that you would like to be considered a leader and a sorcerer and you have largely spouted out your purported financial credentials in such an attempt to say that you are "accredited" as if that carries any weight or even relates to bitcoin, unless you are trying to sell some kind of a service.... or just pushing towards irrelevant and off topic posts?

Just to reiterate: I provide information and opinions related to bitcoin and describing various bitcoin related strategies that I follow and guys can do with that information whatever the fuck they want or do nothing with it.. They can also provide their own topic related contributions. Do you understand the concept?

Sharing of ideas about a topic, such as this bitcoin topic (have you heard about it?), is not leader/follower based, you fucking distortion-oriented spin meister.

Furthermore, you still don't seem to know shit about this particular topic, at least in terms of what kinds of posts you have been making, but instead you still seem to engage in lame-ass attempts to analyze personalities, emotions, spread nonsense about what the thread is about and irrelevant bullshit like that. Rolleyes Rolleyes
At this rate, you'll be lucky if the exchanges remain open for you to even buy crypto, let alone sell it.  I'm really hoping for just one more big pump to buy some put options against it.  I was slow to the draw on this.  It crashed way faster than I was expecting.
(03-13-2020, 01:10 AM)Lampwick Wrote: At this rate, you'll be lucky if the exchanges remain open for you to even buy crypto, let alone sell it.  I'm really hoping for just one more big pump to buy some put options against it.  I was slow to the draw on this.  It crashed way faster than I was expecting.

Yeah.. too bad you did not short it earlier... 

Hindsight is 20/20.  Let us know how your plans to short BTC go.  Wink
(03-13-2020, 01:08 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:50 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:22 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]

More irrelevant spin.

You consider this thread to be leader follower oriented, goofball?

Yeah, I know that you would like to be considered a leader and a sorcerer and you have largely spouted out your purported financial credentials in such an attempt to say that you are "accredited" as if that carries any weight or even relates to bitcoin, unless you are trying to sell some kind of a service.... or just pushing towards irrelevant and off topic posts?

Just to reiterate: I provide information and opinions related to bitcoin and describing various bitcoin related strategies that I follow and guys can do with that information whatever the fuck they want or do nothing with it..  They can also provide their own topic related contributions. Do you understand the concept?

Sharing of ideas about a topic, such as this bitcoin topic (have you heard about it?), is not leader/follower based, you fucking distortion-oriented spin meister.

Furthermore, you still don't seem to know shit about this particular topic, at least in terms of what kinds of posts you have been making, but instead you still seem to engage in lame-ass attempts to analyze personalities, emotions, spread nonsense about what the thread is about and irrelevant bullshit like that.   Rolleyes  Rolleyes
People can see the reactive tantrums for what they represent.  You've chosen to live and die with Bitcoin, so be it.  But the day is coming when you'll understand just how much wealth you forwent by being so narrow-minded.  I just feel sorry for the guys who lost 25% today all for following your "advice."
In danger of pushing below $5k today.

I'm tempted to go in hard.

But crypto has never seen a pandemic caused market crash. So hard to know where things will settle.
(03-13-2020, 05:33 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: In danger of pushing below $5k today.

I'm tempted to go in hard.

But crypto has never seen a pandemic caused market crash. So hard to know where things will settle.

Well, if you look at the charts a bit more closely, you will see that we already went down to $3,850 and then bounced back to $5,640, and now we are largely moving around between the upper $4ks and lower $5ks... 

Who is to say or really conjecture if the bottom of $3,850 is in.. likely the odds are less than 50% of the bottom being in when there has not really been too much time or space put between current price and that $3,850 bottom... .. but yeah, really difficult to know, yet again, tends to pay off decently well when guys buy on corrections and have a long enough time horizon to ride out the longer term.
(03-13-2020, 12:10 AM)Nolimitz Wrote: @contrarian

You are correct the risk will be significantly lower. Pull that trigger though!

This is an accumulation year...take advantage of it. Of course there is the risk of BTC declining significantly, but there is always risks with investing....

My strategy is to DCA mechanically throughout this year and work my way up to accumulation targets. What we saw today was panic combined with liquidity forces.

This is a long game.
That sounds like a reasonable strategy.   Mine would be more short-term speculative wherein a $2000 entry point would see me purchase 5 to 10 full Bitcoins and then realize an easy triple, quadruple or quintuple gain then a full exit for me.   I'd then take those proceeds and dump it among income producing investments.

I am generally not in favor of non-income producing investments, but extraordinary exceptions are always in play for me.
Lot's of bitcoin holders did the opposite of what they should have been doing yesterday... and also, engaging in leveraging and gambling with their bitcoin holdings.

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMemeHub/statu...1101595649

[Image: ES9yWOdU0AAdi04?format=jpg&name=small]

Sure some of the posts are parodies, but they do also reflect a lot of panic that happened with a lot of BTC holders and a lot of volume (lots of BTC exchanged hands at various points in the past few days).

I'm still not sure if the bottom is in, but surely it is NOT good to get reckt... especially when fucking around with leverage and trying to predict the bottom of an extreme price move.

Here's another thought from PlanB, about the ongoing applicability of the stock to flow BTC price prediction model.

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/statu...5724715008

Quote:

>>>>>
Some people think S2F model broke yesterday. Of course it did not. #bitcoin
[Image: Bitcoin_2020.png]  oscillated nicely around model value and stayed well within model bands. The extreme volatility within the model bands shakes out the weak hands. No extreme returns without extreme risk (volatility).

[Image: ES_sYEYXgAAwJva?format=png&name=small]
[Image: ES_sjqvWkAM5TCh?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Here's an interesting article both giving blame to bitmex for having a kind of spiraling leveraging down situation on their exchange that continued to push BTC's price down.

Also, giving credit to bitmex for shutting down and saving bitcoin's ongoing downward spiraling down... 

https://cryptoslate.com/ftx-ceo-bitcoin-...e-offline/

Perhaps there is some truth to the issue, but I doubt that bitmex was saving bitcoin, but it may have been attempting to save itself from its own self.... which surely may have contributed to negative bitcoin prices.
As a counterbalance to the shameless shilling driving Bitcoin holders into ruin on this thread, this guy has a good understanding of what is ACTUALLY going on.

Don't feed the Bitcoin SHILLS (no names of course)!