Red Meat...yay or nay?
It's hard to isolate the variables. For example, someone can get cancer who eats a lot of red meat, but that could be from their overall unhealthy lifestyle. That being said, I don't eat processed meat at all anymore.
https://www.fginsight.com/news/news/red-...milk-97570

Meat is the single greatest source of bio-available nutrients. Period. THere's no argument for not eating it that isnt based in pseudo science, bad science or pure propaganda.

The medical studies claiming the dangers of red meat are SAD diets. Plenty of red meat sure..but even more pasta, pizza, and Coke. Hardly a verdict on red meat.
All meats diets are not a good idea, as I discussed in the shaman thread. (Need some sauerkraut or other veggies to feed gut flora.) There is some evidence that mostly meat diets speed up aging. No evidence that moderate amounts of meat are bad.
(11-13-2019, 05:11 PM)shemp Wrote: There is some evidence that mostly meat diets speed up aging. No evidence that moderate amounts of meat are bad.

That "evidence"... where is it?

Perhaps the speed of aging while eating meat is the baseline speed and fasting or with-holding food slows all bodily functions down, including regeneration (one cause of aging) to conserve resources... 

Need to make sure the evidence isn't pushed solely by sellers of drugs like Metformin...
Re meat and aging, google mTOR. Cutting edge physiology and over my head. There's also the example of Masai and Eskimos, who have short lifespans on a mostly meat diet, but obviously confounding factors involved with these primitive tribes, so impossible to say of its the meat diet or something else.
https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/the...nd-health/

this article came out 2 days ago. 
i am sure it is quite authoritative to dispel all broscience there is about this topic.
enjoy!
I recently cut-out all meat from my diet and I've been experiencing elevated levels of energy and mental clarity. 

As with all things, it's worth experimenting with. Mileage will vary.
You're a pussy if you don't eat red meat.

Time to man up!
On meat and aging: the one thing that causes aging is the number of calories you eat throughout your life, and in general meat-eaters eat more calories than vegetarians. That alone might explain the causal relation, but then again the meat-eaters are masculine, testosterone-filled men living rich lives with a pussy moisturized dick compared to the vegetarian twigs that nag about equal pay at starbucks. So those few years difference are probably not worth it.
(11-22-2019, 04:15 AM)Crazy Horse Wrote: I recently cut-out all meat from my diet and I've been experiencing elevated levels of energy and mental clarity. 

I agree it's worth to experiment. A period like that can maybe give some welcome relief to your stomach and if you eat a lot of plants then they will have healing/medicinal effects as well. But long term, it might be another story. Let us know if you intend to keep going. 

The big issue with meat I believe is the quality of the meat available and unfortunately so, the quality isn't too good anymore. That is the real issue here. How can we get proper top-level steaks daily on our plate without paying tons for it and not destroying the planet.
(11-23-2019, 09:03 AM)Rottenapple Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 04:15 AM)Crazy Horse Wrote: I recently cut-out all meat from my diet and I've been experiencing elevated levels of energy and mental clarity. 

I agree it's worth to experiment. A period like that can maybe give some welcome relief to your stomach and if you eat a lot of plants then they will have healing/medicinal effects as well. But long term, it might be another story. Let us know if you intend to keep going. 

The big issue with meat I believe is the quality of the meat available and unfortunately so, the quality isn't too good anymore. That is the real issue here. How can we get proper top-level steaks daily on our plate without paying tons for it and not destroying the planet.

Not sure on these 2 points. 

I can get imported Oz rib eye for $6 a pound here. Similar price in the U.S if you buy bulk. Hardly breaks the bank..And even cheaper cuts still loaded with more bioavailable nutrients than veggies. 

As for the environment, monoculture is absolutely terrible for it.
Is it grass-fed, chemical and hormone-free steak? A good bio steak in Europe costs money, I'm sure it is cheaper in the US.
I'm not about to give up red meat, regardless of the health research. I enjoy it far too much, especially a big fatty steak with brandy peppercorn sauce or a pork cutlet drowning in minced garlic.

What I did start doing was cleaning up other sources of fat in my kitchen. The evidence swings back and forth over how much saturated fat to take in, but I get plenty of that in my diet from meat and dairy anyway, so I didn't get into the whole trend with trying to pile on "better" saturated fats, like coconut oil. Other than still using grass-fed butter where recipes call for butter, I decided to cook almost exclusively with monounsaturated oils - olive, safflower, and avocado.

I always cook over medium heat in bare stainless steel. It's not that I'm paranoid about nonstick, but that it's easier to take care of the pans and you get a nice crispy sear without overheating everything until it turns into tasteless liquid cancer. I know some people insist on nonstick for eggs but I've never had problems with them sticking if the oil is hot when I start. Excessive sticking that doesn't release when it's cooked usually means the oil wasn't hot enough or the food was too close to frozen when it hit the pan.
(11-25-2019, 07:46 AM)Rottenapple Wrote: Is it grass-fed, chemical and hormone-free steak? A good bio steak in Europe costs money, I'm sure it is cheaper in the US.

Might be true but 99% of meat in the US is flavorless and bland in comparison, even the "organic" stuff at Whole Foods. In the UK I was buying Irish steaks from Tesco at 7 dollars a pop and they were excellent in comparison.