Why Did You Get Banned at RVF?
(12-21-2019, 12:32 AM)Suits Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 05:00 PM)blackfriar Wrote:

Now he starts his religious cult persona.  It didnt work out as a pua.  Gotta fill that void somehow.

I cringed the whole way through that video. Classic dramatic sinned much, forgiven much religious mumble-jumble marketing.

I actually don't think that Roosh is being dishonest. I think it's 85% likely that he is drinking his own Kool-Aid. His long-standing narcissism has always been strong enough for him to genuinely picture himself as the righteous one, despite any and all evidence to the contrary. At all points in his journey, Roosh has always operated with a strong "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" attitude. This worked OK when he was advocating game (the one thing the manosphere probably got right), but once he veered into politics, this quickly became a dangerous attitude to have (both for him and the community as a whole).

Naturally, I don't think any legitimate change has happened in his life. I do not know what his daily interactional are like, but Roosh always ruled RVF with an iron fist (using sneaky, covert methods to shutdown any ideas that he didn't personally like) and this did not change after his "conversation." Instead, the sneaky dickishness increased significantly.

It's quite ironic, actually. I've been personally attending church and flirting with Christianity since the summer of 2016. I've also continued a life of sexual activity with a range of women, including one night stands, during that period of time, so I am not describing myself as a Christian. However, I do have extremely frequent contact with actual Christians and I've met several genuine ones in the process.

Whatever Roosh is, it's something entirely different. His religion is the religious of Me, Me, Me. That's why his actions in the last year have been so predictable. We all knew that it was only a matter of time before he rebranded as a religious guru.

The McDonalds version of Christianity on his forum now is a joke. Rather than any real humility, grace and self-sacrifice, it's just a weird mix of cultish-Republican fanboyish, nutcase conspiracy theories and a vomit-inducing Jesus-loves-me-more-than-that-left-wing-scum version of Christianity.

I'm still on the fence on Roosh's sincerity.  He tried "neomasculinity" as a theme and it failed.  Now this.  Probably it is 50% sincere due to the effect of recent trauma and 50% a new grift.  

Really, if he were 100% sincere, why leave his books up for sale, and all of the salacious content in his blog and Return of Kings?

I was there during the glory days, from 2012.  Back then it was an exciting countercultural movement.  Roosh seemed like a chill guy, but the real brains of the media operation was Tuthmosis.

It was Tuthmosis who authored the most effective viral pieces for Return of Kings, which led to click-bait outrage in other media and free publicity.

The guy was a master troller who knew how to build listicles and clickbait which pushed the edges while being funny.  I hope he's doing well and producing some quality content somewhere.  

ROK: Tuthmosis: 16 cute girls who hate my guts now

Tuth was able to take these real issues like obesity and sluttiness, distill them down to essentials and make them funny while at the same time exciting outrage amongst all the right (wrong) people.  He never hit a wrong note.  He also wasn't a hater.

Roosh, on the other hand fucked up with his inept "legalize rape" piece and ended up continually apologizing for it and explaining it as satire.  He should have known how such a piece would be framed.

One of the traumas which broke Roosh was his humiliation on the Dr. Oz show.  He claimed to have been "stabbed in the back," but really a quicker mind would have been prepared and able to "agree and amplify" with those fat women on the show with a few lines and statistics on the ways and benefits of staying thin.  Instead he was the deer in the headlights, unable to cope with a purely emotional assault from the fat women.

He was on a wave of publicity, but things only went downhill from there.  He was always reacting and on the defensive, like in the "Battle of Montreal."

After Dr. Oz, the Jew hating and crypto white nationalism started.  Probably Jew hating was something he inherited but had kept under control, as nobody hates Jews as much as their Armenian doubles and on his paternal side, Muslims in general.  

He had to blame someone for his own media fuck-ups, so why not the Conspiracy?  So he destroyed what was a valuable "brand" back in 2014.

Now he's looking like a 21st century Rasputin, but how long will this phase last?  

The best thing for him would be to retire from public life, get married to a young woman from the Old Country, get the best regular job he could and have kids.

He's still a public figure, though.  It's interesting to observe from a distance.  I just hope nobody gets hurt out of the nuttiness.
^
Great analysis on the evolution of Roosh. Thanks for reminding me of Tuthmosis. There is still lots of archived gold on ROK.
(12-22-2019, 09:53 AM)churros Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:29 AM)Pavlov\s dog Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:24 AM)RIslander Wrote: College. Freshman year. Drop traditional game on her and build a relationship with her father. Don't fuck it up.

So do you have a viable route to this? Most of us, including myself, are not of college age here. What puts you in contact with college age girls enough to where this would work?

Don't bother asking this guy for advice, he's just a bullshitter like the rest of the RVF politics posters.

There was this kid in my middle school who picked fights with other kids he barely knew. He always ended up getting his ass kicked on the playground. 

You remind me of him.
(12-22-2019, 09:53 AM)churros Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:24 AM)RIslander Wrote: College. Freshman year. Drop traditional game on her and build a relationship with her father. Don't fuck it up.

So do you have a viable route to this? Most of us, including myself, are not of college age here. What puts you in contact with college age girls enough to where this would work?

Don't bother asking this guy for advice, he's just a bullshitter like the rest of the RVF politics posters.

Noted

I don't have an answer for your question. I burned myself when I was in college with a marriage worthy girl because I wanted more notches. But of the dozens of women I've dated since they're just notches... Nothing of value. Probably the story of many of the guys here and on RVF. So just random hookups with spinsters from online dating it is I guess.
(12-22-2019, 08:58 PM)RIslander Wrote:

I don't have an answer for your question. I burned myself when I was in college with a marriage worthy girl because I wanted more notches. But of the dozens of women I've dated since they're just notches... Nothing of value. Probably the story of many of the guys here and on RVF. So just random hookups with spinsters from online dating it is I guess.

So you have oneitis for ghost of girlstmas past. And all of the dozens of women you've spent your time with none of them are remotely worthy of mention let alone marriage. Why are you giving advice on finding good girls again?

You go lucky once, or so you say. I don't think you're qualified. Why don't you stick with the politics, and offending Churros, and leave the game to other people.

Whatever attracts all these hucksters who think they can give advice and think they add value for merely having a penis and getting lucky a few times - I'm sure i'll never know. Please fuck off though. You're not helping anyone
Pavlovs Dog. Interesting screen name. You find yourself salivating often?
Yeah. Right after I ring your bell.
That's gay.
Quality post. As usual.

The bells in pavlov's experiments specifically with the dogs, combined with the play on words of knocking your punk ass out all tangled in a dumb retort to your non-sequitur post I'm sure goes unappreciated by you. This is has been a good discussion man, at least I know what calibre of person I'm dealing with. I'm sure i'll read your dribble again. No wonder you strike out with intelligent good women and only bed disease ridden whores that mean nothing by your own admission. Allow me to speak your language

You're gay brah

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/get...+bell+rung

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning
Giving me a bell, which you hope I'd ring, so you can salivate, is gay. The fact I'm even having this conversation with you and feel the need for Hail Mary's, despite not being religious, means I need a beer.