Is Panama worth a visit?
I finished my trip to Panama with another guy (an older male relative), so I tentatively conclude that there could likely be ways to meet up with local girls especially if having some Spanish skills, and there are a decent number of the local chicks that are quite attractive; however, my logistics were not too good during my trip to be able to attempt to find out whether my theory of meeting local chicks would play out very well in practice even though it seemed to me that some of the Local chicks were quite friendly and flirty, especially if I was trying to talk to them in Spanish, which my Spanish is decent, even if it is a bit rusty, because I haven't been using it too often for many years.  

Surely, I only had a bit of an overview of various parts of the country because I was only in Panama for 8 days and 8 nights and largely flew out on the 9th day.  

I was in the center of the tourist area of Panama City for 5 nights and staying in a major hotel... a 4-5 star hotel, so yeah, that is not really very interactive from the local perspective, but I walked to Casco Antiguo on one day, walked to Costa Del Este on another day (which involved walking through Multiplaza Panama - a major international tourist mall), and got an Uber to  Miraflores lock and taking a bus to Albrook Mall (a real local mall).

For the last three nights, I had planned on renting a car and then just driving in a sightseeing/tourist kind of way to various parts of the country; however, while in Panama City, I ended up meeting an Uber driver and negotiating a situation in which he would take me and my companion around to various agreed to areas for three days.  We negotiated $300 for that service and it was a quite a bit of driving each day.  He provided the car and the expenses related to the car, and agreed to a few other terms including having the ability to show us some of his quasi-secret (known to him) access parts regarding locations and some flexibility within our agreed-to outline.  We stayed in Pedasi  (Pacific coast beach town) on night 6, El Valle (mountain/volcano town) on night 7 and then near the Tocumen airport on night 8 (although we drove to and then hung out at beaches near Colon during day 8 - which was mostly in the Cacique, Colon area).
Went to Panama before the virus got too serious and the airport locked down, which it is now. The good beaches are some distance away and require a bus or car. The prices are high, about the same as a mid-sized metropolis in the USA, the reason is because the Panamanian government decided to game the USA by adopting the dollar and enticing criminal businesses to set-up shop in Panama, the city's skyline is modern and reflects this. (From talking to Panamanian women, I suspect these criminal dicks are chumps that throw a lot of money around, not paying US or Panamanian taxes.) 

It seems many women on Tinder work as lawyers or employees of these illegal schemes that the U.S. government could care less about in these degenerate times.  Also, be careful about Colombian ladies of the night on Tinder. This was not a problem, except for the obvious massage hags, with Panamanian women. Panamanian women can be short Iberian, this class of women often very pozzed by feminism et al. However, most Panamanian women have traces of African in them, like a very White D.R. woman. When they style their hair, they look straight Latina. (Like Mexico, all the women were single moms, including the upper middle class Iberian.)

I didn't do any night life because of my crap Spanish. Instead, I did the hostel thing, stayed at a private room at Luna Castle, decent Euro young people on their generous vacations. This area has some decent nightlife. I used Tinder to meet women, which yielded some decent returns. After I met the women, I upgraded to Bonita Playa Resort. Just like the rest of Panama, this place was high cost, low quality: 180 dollars/night (if not for the virus it was supposed to cost 300 dollars!) The beach is unusable, and there is a large 120 dollar fee for a guest. I refused this on principle, mentioning that's more than a Disney World ticket, the manager brought the fee down to 80 dollars. 

If I go back, it will be to shack up with a woman in her house I had a good connection with but did not see much because the virus screwed up her schedule. We will drive to different surf and snorkel areas and maybe sneak in another chick I met, kind, but a little overweight. 

I would definitely pass on Panama unless you get a special deal or something. My duration was four days.
I have been curious about Panama for a while, more for the prospect of obtaining residency than girls. Very helpful thread!
(06-03-2019, 04:56 PM)mike Wrote:  

IMO it's overblown how dangerous Colombia is.

Only place in the world I've  been robbed on numerous occasions and drugged.

Most people that say that stuff hang out in parque lleras,the zona T and cartegena the whole time.
(04-14-2020, 08:10 AM)Internetprince Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 04:56 PM)mike Wrote:  

IMO it's overblown how dangerous Colombia is.

Only place in the world I've  been robbed on numerous occasions and drugged.

Most people that say that stuff hang out in parque lleras,the zona T and cartegena the whole time.

Geez, man. What were you doing and which cities were you in?  I've been to Colombia numerous times and have had zero issues, but that's mostly been due to a combination of luck and knowing when to read the signals that I was going into a bad barrio or situation.  Most of my experience has been in Caribbean Colombia though, which they claim is safer, with one two-week bang mission into Bogota. I'd even call Barranquilla borderline safe apart from its downtown core at night and the barrios immediately south of downtown that you should never go into. The northern part of the city is fine to walk around in at night. I never felt any inkling of danger in those barrios. Some of the sexiest women on the planet, too.

I've only had the hairs prick up on a my neck a handful of times in Colombia.  Off the top of my head, the worst was watching some crackhead vagrant bash and repeatedly stab another bum with a broken beer bottle in the main plaza of Old Cartagena.  I ID'd him as trouble from about hundred meters out just from the way he was walking up and harassing people. He was looking for someone to take issue. All of the other gringo and latino tourists sat there and gawked for the first ten seconds of the altercation before panicking and running away. I don't know if the victim survived. I was "Adios!"

I lived in Guatemala City for two years. Way, way sketchier than anything I've encountered in Colombia. I saw multiple dead bodies slumped over steering wheels or covered with a sheet on the side of the road in Guate. Some guy got murdered in a failed car jacking right outside my friend's high rise apartment complex on Thanksgiving day. He pulled a gun on the carjacker, got it wrested away from him, and ended up getting shot dead.  Guate is a shithole of country with very few redeeming qualities. Ugliest women in Latin America, save for Altiplano Bolivia and Ecuador. Latin America has tons of dangerous places. Panama has them too. I wrote on Bocas del Toro earlier in this thread. Go sit at the ferry terminal there and look at all the posters for missing people, including foreigners. The scenery is beautiful but life is cheap.