Meetups: Are they worth it? Lessons learned.
I've met some of my best friends through meetups. It can be really great. I've also met some guys I would have preferred not to. Other times I meet guys and our personalities just dont match, it's not to say that there was any problem with them, just sometimes personalities to fit well. I am not super extroverted or super introverted, I'm in the middle. So when guys are extremely extroverted or extremely introverted, it's harder for me to get along with them.

I think meetups are just like meeting guys anywhere else, you are going to find all types.
Help support swoop, check out our books about travel and game: List of E-books
One way to filter people out is to look at threads they post on. For example, skim through the Roosh thread on this forum and you'll see that half the people there have serious problems. I'd never meet up with those type of people in a million years. On the contrary, if somebody seems chill, says he works in internet marketing and is asking where the best clubs are in Hanoi, there's a better chance this person won't be crazy in real life.
(06-01-2019, 04:46 PM)20Nation Wrote: I've met some of my best friends through meetups. It can be really great. I've also met some guys I would have preferred not to. Other times I meet guys and our personalities just dont match, it's not to say that there was any problem with them, just sometimes personalities to fit well. I am not super extroverted or super introverted, I'm in the middle. So when guys are extremely extroverted or extremely introverted, it's harder for me to get along with them.

I think meetups are just like meeting guys anywhere else, you are going to find all types.

20nation and I didn’t like each other when we first met and partied together at the Carnaval de Barranquilla back in 2012. I’m definitely extroverted and I found him to be quite reserved, that all changed though later that year when I met him again in Bangkok, he had just spent a few weeks traveling around the Philippines and he became much less reserved, from then on we’ve got along great and have met up in Mexico and Colombia a few times, glad to have him as a friend. It was during that Asia trip that 20 met THC and those two together were party machines, we had some great times in Thailand. The Philippines was great too, we continued our wild times over there. If I remember correctly, that was around the time Swoop The World was created, Fisto was on his epic Fisto Does SEA trip and STW was born.
Honestly I already have a huge social circle from growing up and it grew even bigger from a very cool job while I was in college where I live so I was VERY hesitant on swooping dudes online haha.

I had alot to risk by someone doxxing me or some weirdo outed me.

I met my first forum members during the Trump election, then a few others after, and finally some big group meet ups.

I can definitely say the majority are pretty cool, there were maybe 2 or 3 that are a bit off and 1 I definitely regret meeting.

Overall, I definitely would meet repped or met members for sure, not sure about newbies, that's taking a risk nowadays.

On Hank, he doxxed himself imho, also knowing some more background on him, he's a great writer, but I really doubt his stories after a few people met him. I'll leave it at that.

On back channel group chats almost are level headed, have their shit together, and are enjoying life - that's the vibe I get here as well.
Can somebody give the actual DL on what happened with Hank? Seemed to have happened on the PMs, because to me it just looked like guys were attacking a friendly and good poster.
He kind of doxxed himself by talking about the neighbourhood he lives in and also about his work, probably some other things as well that I either didn't read or forgot.
I was outed on RVF. Picture, name and all. Wasn't from any meetups though.
(06-02-2019, 06:11 AM)Dash Wrote: I was outed on RVF. Picture, name and all. Wasn't from any meetups though.

I don’t remember that but whoever did it is a greasy cocksucker, that’s a major low blow. Personally I’d rather not get doxxed but my mom, friends, family and employer all know I like to party hard and chase pussy all over the world. The type of shit we all do is really tame compared to some of the animals I grew up with and the scum bags I work with get up to. I think that a lot of people who are shocked by single men banging chicas all over the world and try to shame us grew up sheltered and are pussies, I do the same thing in Montreal and Vancouver as I do abroad: get fucked up and bangs skanks, what’s the problem?
(06-01-2019, 01:35 PM)Moma Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 01:30 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: I'm less enthused about writing these days a lot has been said already, which EE country has the biggest boobs?, where is ginger man's Disneyland?, where can an austic Indian virgin with a 2 inch willy get the respect he deserves?

Hahahahahahaha but do you think anything has changed for 2019 or do the old game principles and poosy paradise principles still remain applicable and intact?

I suppose venues are always changing, but perhaps people are less likely to share their favourite spots in a open forum compared to before.

Globalisation is certainly having an effect though, and some experiences that people had 5 years ago in a country, could seem like fantasy with the playing field today
I am not sure if this question has already been discussed but are there plans to make the meet up section of the forum private?

Especially since more guys will be joining this forum now.
I've met 3 RVF members and they all have been cool, no weird surprises or anything. Went out day and night gaming with two of them and they were legit. Approaching without fear, getting makeouts/numbers. They also pushed me to become better too.
There's no such thing as different but equal. 
-Dante Nero
(06-02-2019, 09:27 PM)Navas Wrote: I am not sure if this question has already been discussed but are there plans to make the meet up section of the forum private?

Why? If you're on the private forum you can post a meetup thread there. And anyone can send PMs.
I met up with an RVF member in Guadalajara yesterday, he was a very chill dude and shared lots of his extensive knowledge of Mexico with me, he had just returned here from three months in Colombia so we had a lot to talk about. I’m always down to meet up with anyone, I’ve had great experiences so far but a couple sucked, like the time I met that weirdo JJ Roberts here in Guadalajara back in 2013.
I met an Indian Race Troll in Eastern Europe and he was socially awkward yet smart. He had no luck banging girls in Sarajevo, but chalked it up to not doing enough daygame. My friends were calling him a gypsy, and said that was his problem.

He told me he had banged a stripper in Bosnia but I don't believe him unless it was p4p.

When I made the unwise decision to daygame with him, he pulled some girls hair within 5 minutes of meeting her. At that point I realized the IRT stereotype was true.

Never saw the dude again.
It is the nature of the niche to run into weirdoes

People find pickup/game/etc. stuff for a reason.

That being said, 20 had a very reasonable comment:

It's like anything else in life - mixed bag of who you meet

I wouldn't expect to meet random people off Instagram (or anything - online/off) and have them all be cool (or even all weird)
(06-03-2019, 04:52 AM)Ouroboros Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:27 PM)Navas Wrote: I am not sure if this question has already been discussed but are there plans to make the meet up section of the forum private?

Why? If you're on the private forum you can post a meetup thread there. And anyone can send PMs.

I don't know what you mean by private forum.

On this forum the meet up section is available to anyone to read, no need to login (to be a forum member). In my opinion it should be visible to forum members only.
JJ Roberts Haha

The guy was creepy enough online
(06-05-2019, 05:06 AM)Navas Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 04:52 AM)Ouroboros Wrote:

I don't know what you mean by private forum.

On this forum the meet up section is available to anyone to read, no need to login (to be a forum member). In my opinion it should be visible to forum members only.

Meetups can no longer be viewed by guests.
(06-03-2019, 05:54 PM)Scotian Wrote: I met up with an RVF member in Guadalajara yesterday, he was a very chill dude and shared lots of his extensive knowledge of Mexico with me, he had just returned here from three months in Colombia so we had a lot to talk about. I’m always down to meet up with anyone, I’ve had great experiences so far but a couple sucked, like the time I met that weirdo JJ Roberts here in Guadalajara back in 2013.

Storytime?
(06-05-2019, 09:33 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 05:54 PM)Scotian Wrote: I met up with an RVF member in Guadalajara yesterday, he was a very chill dude and shared lots of his extensive knowledge of Mexico with me, he had just returned here from three months in Colombia so we had a lot to talk about. I’m always down to meet up with anyone, I’ve had great experiences so far but a couple sucked, like the time I met that weirdo JJ Roberts here in Guadalajara back in 2013.

Storytime?

It's a pretty funny story. THC and I ditched out on it lol so we didn't get the experience