The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(03-30-2021, 05:11 PM)transveganvanlifedigitalnomad Wrote: market to bleed red all week, called it yesterday but reconfirming it here, your tendies are doomed.. hahahaha

Typical end of quarter, pre-holiday trading. Just funds getting re-balanced. April might start off slow because of the after affect of the holiday(people getting back slowly) etc..but I really see the market including the Nasdaq making massive moves higher into Memorial day. Should be a rip your face off rally specifically for for the Nasdaq. Most people are calling for a crash=rally soon.
(03-30-2021, 06:59 PM)akms76 Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 05:11 PM)transveganvanlifedigitalnomad Wrote: market to bleed red all week, called it yesterday but reconfirming it here, your tendies are doomed.. hahahaha

Typical end of quarter, pre-holiday trading. Just funds getting re-balanced. April might start off slow because of the after affect of the holiday(people getting back slowly) etc..but I really see the market including the Nasdaq making massive moves higher into Memorial day. Should be a rip your face off rally specifically for for the Nasdaq. Most people are calling for a crash=rally soon.

Blood red baby RIP

I hope you're right.  I recently sold all my stocks to lock in record high profits so I am hoping for at least a correction.   The broader market Wilshire 4500 is almost already in correction territory, but the S&P 500 is holding up a lot better.

A blood in the water crash would be great if it came now.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin
Wtf is going on with AMC...? Wasting my time here with crypto.  Angel

Up 90% since this morning and 2500% ytd. Trading was even halted today.

Any picks for another potential meme stock?
^ Look up the Treys trades videos on youtube
Sold all my AMC at $30 after it went up 3x above my cost. Now its at $65. Amazing!
(06-02-2021, 05:31 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Wtf is going on with AMC...? Wasting my time here with crypto.  Angel

Up 90% since this morning and 2500% ytd. Trading was even halted today.

Any picks for another potential meme stock?

Maybe GOGO. It has a good ticker, their business is inflight internet for private jets. Small cap stock, has a short float of 18%. 

I think it has some potential for a meme.
NAKD fundamentals are miserable. But the stock risks delisting if it stays this low, so I imagine it will go back over 1. Anything over that I'm in the black even with massive crypto losses.
I would stay away from penny stocks, seriously guys don't FOMO into meme stocks unless you have an exit plan.
If you want higher risk just get into Bull leveraged ETFs and buy more during the dips. SOXL seems like a no brainer everytime it dips if you believe in semiconductors long term.
(06-03-2021, 07:26 AM)Shifty Wrote: I would stay away from penny stocks, seriously guys don't FOMO into meme stocks unless you have an exit plan.
If you want higher risk just get into Bull leveraged ETFs and buy more during the dips. SOXL seems like a no brainer everytime it dips if you believe in semiconductors long term.

Careful with leveraged ETF's, look at their long term graphs and do research on them before you do anything to fully get a handle on how they work over the long term. They have "quirks" most folks wouldn't expect.
(06-03-2021, 01:43 PM)longships Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 07:26 AM)Shifty Wrote: I would stay away from penny stocks, seriously guys don't FOMO into meme stocks unless you have an exit plan.

Careful with leveraged ETF's, look at their long term graphs and do research on them before you do anything to fully get a handle on how they work over the long term.  They have "quirks" most folks wouldn't expect.

SOXL is up 2000% over 5 years, compared to +369% on soxx. So that's actually around 5.5x the returns instead of 3x.
Unless something catastrophic happens to semiconductors then all the "quirks" like decay are overshadowed by the insane returns.

If we get a period where soxx is just going up and up then soxl will actually have better than 3x returns, if there is a period with a lot of ups and downs (Like recently) then soxl might not have 3x returns compared to soxx but it would still be positive.

I wouldn't put my entire portfolio into this of course, but to me the risk/reward long term looks great, especially compared to meme stocks and crypto. My avg price into soxl right now is at $29 something and I'm buying more every month/every dip. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits past $100 this year.