The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(01-26-2021, 06:16 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:  My tax preparer once remarked that I was his only client who had capital gains that particular bear market year.  

Seriously, how can anyone believe what this guy says?

Anyways, back on topic. I wouldn't recommend trading unless you have been in the stock market for years already. Right now we are at peak euphoria where people are gambling with options when they didn't even know what they were a few months back.

If you are looking 10+ years ahead like me I would just dollar cost average into VOO and QQQ depending on your risk tolerance.

I strongly advice to stay far away from robinhood unless you are managing a small amount of money. I recommend interactive brokers if you want something more serious and/or tastyworks if you want to trade options.

Also, anyone claiming they know where the market or a certain stock is heading with 100% certainty is full of shit, there are educated guesses but anyone claiming to have a crystal ball into the future is just selling you snake oil so beware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by Shifty - 01-26-2021, 06:57 AM