The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(01-25-2021, 11:24 PM)Jetset Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 11:09 PM)akms76 Wrote: Bottomline- This is the easiest and the best time to put your money in the stock market as it's in it's final gasp higher. we are entering the Euphoria stage.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you, but I see additional risk here in the pandemic and the political situation. There's absolutely a lot of pent-up demand, but I am extremely leery of new bad news this year.

Either approach is valid and has a narrative, but I made so much money in single-stock plays in the initial recovery and then in riding this last run-up that I'm more interested in protecting what I have for now. The bonds are a short-term fund (SWSBX) to minimize interest rate exposure, and I don't anticipate holding them for long. Will re-evaluate that in the autumn.

All of the calls I sold on single stocks in my taxable account at the new year are likely going to trigger in March, as well, so I'll probably hold cash there. Agree that gold is not a move right now at all, and think there's considerable downside risk if things stay on a positive track.

"but I see additional risk here in the pandemic and the political situation. There's absolutely a lot of pent-up demand, but I am extremely leery of new bad news this year" This is exactly why this epic bull market continues. So much fear out there regarding the pandemic/economy it's very telling. Of course the Stock market is NOT the economy. Euphoria is where we are at currently but it really has only just begun, it usual lasts for quite some time, this is my point. 

markets are born on pessimism, grown on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria.

I understand your stance though. A nice profit is a nice profit, that's all that matters and protecting it makes sense. Can't fault that. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by akms76 - 01-26-2021, 01:53 AM