The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(09-21-2020, 03:33 PM)floridaman Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 01:31 PM)OldSojer Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 05:52 PM)Prince charming Wrote: I think it will be a needle in a hay stack to find a stock that keeps up with bitcoin in the coming the coming year.

Pump and dump.  

Bitcoin is valuable because people buy it because they think it's valuable, because "blockchain," but it doesn't produce any value?

What, it destroys value, as the "mining" consumes as much power as Switzerland and that power consumption keeps growing? 

I'm sure that will go on forever!

[Image: _107727090_bitcoin1.jpg]

Remind me again who I can sue if Bitcoin turns out to be the epic fraud of the century.  Satoshi Nakamoto?

Lol stop boomer posting. 

I could put up a similar graph about the cotton wasted on printing USD. 

The utility of bitcoin has been well established. 

Having liquidity which neither the government nor banks can seize, depreciate or lose is value enough.

You believe that?  Try to use Bitcoin for everyday transactions.  It's not liquid.  Governments could shut down Bitcoin in a day.

Maybe they're letting it roll because Bitcoin is the perfect op to crush libertarian autists, for whom it's exquisitely designed to trap.

You can buy it if you wish.   There's a thread on Crypto: I don't intrude to bash Bitcoin and the various shitcoins.

I'm just pointing out there's no underlying value to Bitcoin to others, since we discuss other investments here.

Invest in things which do things, make things, create value, equities in things like AAPL, MSFT, even XOM or PM if you wish.

The boards and management of all those companies are a matter of public record, subject to law.

"Satoshi Nakamoto??"   Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by OldSojer - 09-21-2020, 03:56 PM