The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(08-23-2020, 02:46 AM)Mr.GoodThread Wrote: In your opinion, is it safe for Americans to invest in Chinese stocks like JD, Baidu, BILI, BABA, etc. mid-long term (like 5-10 years)?

Stocks are about the least "safe" investment vehicle ever.  They can drop to 50% or more very quickly.   Chinese stocks are even more risky because you have political risk, currency risk added on top.

If you want to invest in those, go right ahead, but I just want you to lose the notion that these would be "safe."  I am not a fan of investing in China, but if I were, I would use iShares China Fund (FXI) to gain exposure to their stock market which would be safer than holding a few of their stocks.
Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by Contrarian Expatriate - 08-23-2020, 06:41 AM