The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(03-21-2020, 01:33 AM)Daryush Neubache Wrote: Rhodium is a metal in the Platinum metals group. It's a byproduct of Platinum and palladium mining and is the rarest metal in the Platinum metals group.

I also bought it at sub 1000 levels and sold out when it was 4000. The problems are that it has a huge spread even in normal times , I sold it for 3600 when it was at 4k. Also it's sold either as powder or as ingots . Most of the interest is industrial so there is not a big market for the ingots. I probably wouldn't buy again until sub 750.

Fair enough.

I am not really bashing any guys for their ideas to invest in Rhodium or Platinum or Palladium... because guys can make those kinds of allocation choices.  I was more inclined to question Contrarian's ongoing negation efforts in regards to bitcoin, including the fact that bitcoin is actually a paradigm shifting asset class, so even if bitcoin is not a physical and tangible asset, it has a lot of very interesting attributes that should be attractive to any investor who is seeking some ways to attempt to have some investment stake in likely non-correlated asset.  It is problematic to cursorily dismiss bitcoin at an investment, which seems to be Contrarian's habit, including the fact that he doesn't seem to know too much about bitcoin, except that he is hoping that it goes to $2k, which seems pie in the sky hopening, at best.

(03-21-2020, 01:40 AM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 01:13 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: [edited out]

Shilling for Bitcoin and making excuses for its every deep plunge might be better served on the Bitcoin thread.  This one is for people who aren't crypto-broke and whose holdings actually make them money.

Did someone die and put you in charge of this forum?   Smile Smile    Tongue

If you had not noticed (while you were busy getting excited making up shit), I was responding to your earlier comment.  Otherwise, sure, I would rather post about bitcoin in the bitcoin thread, but if bitcoin comes up in another thread, such as this one, then I don't see how it would be a problem for me (or anyone else) to attempt to clarify matters, to the extent that clarification might be helpful to guys - especially when, in several of your earlier posts, you seem to be ongoingly involved in making misrepresentations in regards to bitcoin, and you have also shown that you hardly know shit about bitcoin, except that you hope that bitcoin goes down in price (several times you said that you are hoping for $2k)... which hardly seems to be reality-based information... as far as I can tell, so far from any of your discussion of the matter to date.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by JayJuanGee - 03-21-2020, 01:51 AM