The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(10-01-2019, 07:23 PM)Stretch Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:10 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Day trading is a fool's game as you point out, but SWING trading has been a good way for me to shave off profits after holding weeks and months.  Take profits and buy back when the price goes back down.

I would like to hear more about your SWING trading method. Well I did try something like it before, such as find an uptrending stock and try to buy the dips and sell into strength. But in reality after buying then the uptrending stock immediately stopped uptrending and kept going down. Well that has been my luck anyway. I would like to hear your insights.

I only deal with dividend paying stocks that pay MONTHLY.  That way, if I have to hold a stock for weeks and months, I still get paid continuously.  There are many times that I have a capital loss, but accumulated dividends enable me to cash out with more than I invested.  

The best advise here would be to wait for the next bear market, then pick dividend payers like NOBL, O, VNQ, LTC, GAIN, MAIN, etc all of which have long term upward trends in the graphs.  Whatever you do, DO NOT pick the highest dividend payers which often have downward trends long term.

The best video to impart this important fact is below:

Have you ever noticed it is your haters who obsessively read your every post, comment on them with the most emotion, and expend so much energy desperately trying to engage you?  It's because haters are your greatest, most loyal, and dedicated fans; they just have not come to terms with it yet.  Enjoy them because they are the surest sign that you're slaying it in life!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by Contrarian Expatriate - 10-02-2019, 06:37 PM