The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
(09-27-2019, 09:23 PM)billydingdong Wrote: Interesting strategy thanks for sharing.

[1] If you want to enjoy your weekend, I'd recommend you not check the crypto price charts Smile 

[2] Never heard of fundrise, but I'd be interested to know why you prefer it over REITs. Looks cool, but I wonder if there's a catch — high % expense fees or transaction fees (entering/exiting a position)...  I'll check it out over the weekend.

[3] Not to hammer on you, but you may want to strongly reconsider this.

As Contrarian and JJG have mentioned, a company is literally giving you 'free', additional money if you contribute to a 401k matching plan.

1) I haven't checked crypto price charts in a while. I also don't care about the new updates, news, etc. You have to be a certain addictive personality that likes to day trade (and probably play around drugs) but that's not me. I wouldn't be surprised if there's crypto kiddies that drive around in Rolls Royces and flash Rolexes (great way to attract negative attention). Not my lifestyle and after all the years working terrible jobs I'd like to think I don't throw away money. We all hit rock bottom, I think that's part of being a man. Even if I do sell I want to keep a tiny amount. If crypto is really going to the stars at least I make even more. 

2) I don't prefer fundrise over REITs. I just wanted exposure to real estate and there were other companies that required barriers like being a registered investor. All I remember is WallStreetPlayboys mentioned getting involved in real estate. I'll look into REITs, thanks. 

3) Made my position clear on 401Ks, might as well add a point against pensions. I currently live in Illinois and we have a pension crisis...I don't want to make this political but the articles are out there. I'm pretty sure I bitched about Illinois on Rooshv and wanting to move, I might make it happen late next year. If I trust you I can let you in on details.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by ChicagoFire - 09-28-2019, 05:18 PM