The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread
Hey guys, got a hot stock-market tip ya'll. Moments ago on an investing forum I observed how the equity futures markets were off hugely in the last hour, in the wake of Trump's just announced 5% tariff on Mexico, and how to play that to your advantage (i.e., another asset class was up hugely). I expounded on why this was so, what the economic data was saying, and what an appropriate portfolio allocation would be in response. Meanwhile, you boy geniuses 1) didn't know Trump declared a tariff on Mexico, 2) didn't know there was an equity futures market and that it was down over 1% in the last hour, and 3) didn't know there were alternative asset classes that would profit from this and why. You'll wait until it plunges tomorrow and get stuck with the losses. If you have money in investments at all, that is. Meanwhile that other asset is up 50bps in the last hour. But since you guys have nothing to learn from anyone, I'll share that advice with people who can learn something.

I just decided that his isn't forum for me. You smart asses have literally chased me out of here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stock Market, Investments, and Investing Thread - by Suits - 06-19-2019, 05:08 AM