Crypto thread
JFC... total bloodbath today. Down big.

(09-05-2020, 09:01 AM)whiteknightrises Wrote: Would look into insurance for your ETH

Andre is a genius but there's just so many different smart contracts layered on top of one another for the yETH vault that it's worrisome personally

Surprised you would sell SNX and LINK though

Was considering, but don't want to go through Nexus KYC.

The SUSHI founder dumped all his sushi tokens, which has coincided with a crash in prices. Should put a needed end to the yield farming craze and all the dogshit clone projects trying to leach value from incumbents.

Bought back into LINK today at $9.80 w/ fresh cash. The YFI I bought the other day is eating shit. Also planning to get back into SNX as soon as the transfer from my brokerage hits.

I'm not selling anything.

What are y'all going to do?
>I've heard some convincing fud that layer 2 solutions will be necessary before DeFi can take off again. If true, BZRX would be a great idea that just missed the window of opportunity.

Layer 2 doesn't matter because whales can still benefit from ETH/DeFi as it is
Real scalability probably not happening for a few years

Also, TBH BZRX is not a balls deep project

Hope you all loaded up on alts

Only in crypto can Sushiswap/someone saving Sushiswap crash/rebound the entire market
Quote: Also, TBH BZRX is not a balls deep project

Got hacked last weekend. For the 3rd time!

In the wake of the Sushi debacle, Uniswap is now launching their own UNI token.

If you've transacted on Uniswap prior to September 1, you can claim 400 UNI for each wallet you've used to trade.

UNI is currently trading at around $3, so if you used it just once, that's $1,200 literally airdropped into your pocket.

1 billion UNI tokens will be minted over the next 4 years, so that makes a fully diluted valuation of about $3 billion based on the $3/UNI price.

By comparison, Coinbase had a recent valuation of $8 billion.

However, Uniswap does more trading volume than Coinbase.

I will be farming the shit out of this token.
you need both eth and a stable coin to farm UNI?
(09-17-2020, 02:20 PM)Kangaroo Wrote: you need both eth and a stable coin to farm UNI?

Yes.

Starting pairs are:

ETH / USDC
ETH / USDT
ETH / DAI
ETH / WBTC

More will be added later, subject to a vote.

If I had to bet, the next one to be added will be UNI / ETH.
The IRS Sets a Trap for Cryptocurrency Tax Cheats.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-irs-set...lewebshare

What this means is it is about to get real for crypto holders who either don’t report that they have holdings or don’t report their capital gains!
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:The IRS Sets a Trap for Cryptocurrency Tax Cheats.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-irs-set...lewebshare

What this means is it is about to get real for crypto holders who either don’t report that they have holdings or don’t report their capital gains!

Surprised this is already happening and that it's front and center on the tax form.

Even more surprised that there are a lot of pro-crypto comments in the article's comment section. Boomers who read the WSJ are steadfastly anti crypto, historically.

Here's a telling image from the article about who's really dominating the space these days.

[Image: MTRheVs.jpg]'

Which has a lot to do with the image here below

[Image: eyRLDLP.jpg]

Now over $11b locked into DeFi protocols
Incredible realtime visualization/animation of pending transactions and their sources as new blocks get minted on Bitcoin and Ethereum.

https://txstreet.com/

Whoever put this together is brilliant
My favorite undervalued project imo:
not listed on coingecko yet
$PRV native coin of incognito pdex

https://incognito.org/

anonymous dex, so basically monero level privacy for all your coins and transactions. very solid and active community with public team.
Anyone going to buy some of the DeFi stuff that has been destroyed recently?
(10-06-2020, 10:15 PM)SC87 Wrote: Anyone going to buy some of the DeFi stuff that has been destroyed recently?

I'm going to buy a little bit more Uniswap (UNI), Aave (AAVE), and Synthetix (SNX).

I previously held YFI, but it dropped 35% from my buy-in price so I exchanged it back for ETH. Took an L on that one.

Right now I'm still up on AAVE, but eating shit and underwater on UNI and SNX.

There's various scaling solutions that are currently being implemented on Ethereum that are supposed to reduce costs and increase transaction throughput by 100x.. We'll see if that supercharges DeFi adoption since many were priced out with the high network fees during the August and September yield farming frenzy.
(10-06-2020, 10:15 PM)SC87 Wrote: Anyone going to buy some of the DeFi stuff that has been destroyed recently?

$LID Is good, a project that prevents rugpulls by locking liquidity

$unitrade is good, launching in a few hours

they wanna do buy orders sell orders etc on top of uniswap