Hunger control solutions
Narrow your eating window to 8 hours per day or less (16/8 intermittent fasting). This likely won't work overnight for you if you have severe hunger cravings, but you can ease into it by narrowing it 15 minutes every day if need be until you reach a window of 8 hours.

The easiest way to do it is to delay your breakfast every day until you don't eat it at all anymore and your first meal is lunch around 12 noon or 1pm. Then have a healthy snack around 3-4pm and dinner no later than 8-9pm.

For me the idea of not having breakfast was inconceivable, until I did this and now it is completely normal. Your body gets used to the new eating schedule pretty quickly and now I don't even get hungry until right around noon.
There'll be 101 different diets/regimes that work.

Think the only thing that everyone will agree on is to eliminate sugar where possible, though even this might be easier said than done in the States
I agree about the intermittent fasting. Shit helps a lot especially in the short term. It takes some time to get used to, but you can adjust diet to where you eat high protein high energy first meal, and then you're good until your second meal. It also reduces temptation to eat bc you cut out part of your eating time.

if you dispense with buying packaged or processed food it's 100 percent possible to cut all added sugar out of your diet.
Intermittent fasting + Eat half a grapefruit before each meal.

'For years people have talked about the grapefruit diet, and some even swear by it, but now, we have data that grapefruit helps weight loss,' said Dr. Fujioka, principal researcher at the Nutrition and Metabolic Research Center at Scripps Clinic.

The researchers speculate that the chemical properties of grapefruit reduce insulin levels and encourage weight loss.

-Experiments show that elevations in insulin produce increased hunger, heightened perceived pleasantness of sweet taste, and increased food intake.
- Also, the fruit is filling and low in calories, helping you eat less by replacing higher calorie foods.
Brush your teeth when you get hunger pains. Go for a walk outside when hunger strikes. Remember, hunger comes in waves, be like a duck and dive under them....
I really recommend greg doucette's diet plan. It got me in the shape of my life. If you're travelling around though, it's really hard to follow and most of the ingredients aren't available. The key is to eat low calorie dense foods so you can eat lots of it and not get fat. Loading your plate up with vegetables really helps. Good for you and also completely stuffs you. And you'll hardly be consuming any calories in the process. Consider how a big mac meal leaves you hungry but has over a thousand calories. I dunno about you, but usually I could eat another 2 meals after I finish. But with vegetables I could eat 10x the volume of a big mac meal and hardly crack 200 calories.

If you don't workout in the mornings, you can skip breakfast and do 16/8 fasting too. I do workout in the mornings so I do eat breakfast, but I also do a lot of cardio too e
Which helps me stay lean. If I had time to workout in the evenings, I'd skip breakfast because I wouldn't need that morning energy as much.

Also if you want to eat more, doing cardio is a good idea. If you burn 400 calories on the treadmill everyday, that's another 400 calories you can eat. Or simply walking everywhere will let you eat more too. 2 hours of walking during a day is roughly 400 calories out too.