Feeling old at 31
(12-28-2020, 10:13 AM)Johnstop Wrote: Agreed but even for guys my age it's not common to date girls in that range, especially 18 to 20. Those girls are usually in college and deeply entrenched in their circles. At 25 you're probably a young professional living in a city so you won't even come across these girls in your day to day.

It's probably easier than if you're 30 but you still don't have a ton of access. I hooked up with college seniors at age 23 but only started pulling mid to late 20's once I turned 24.

A lot of late twenties and women in their 30's are fine as fuck so this doesn't bother me.

You can easily meet these young girls on tinder and at bars/clubs in various cities/countries. 

So it's not really an access thing. It's more of they have filtered you out and or not interested.
(12-28-2020, 01:10 PM)Dash Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:13 AM)Johnstop Wrote: Agreed but even for guys my age it's not common to date girls in that range, especially 18 to 20. Those girls are usually in college and deeply entrenched in their circles. At 25 you're probably a young professional living in a city so you won't even come across these girls in your day to day.

It's probably easier than if you're 30 but you still don't have a ton of access. I hooked up with college seniors at age 23 but only started pulling mid to late 20's once I turned 24.

A lot of late twenties and women in their 30's are fine as fuck so this doesn't bother me.

You can easily meet these young girls on tinder and at bars/clubs in various cities/countries. 

So it's not really an access thing. It's more of they have filtered you out and or not interested.

In the US??

To an 18 year old college freshman, the guy around her age in a cool frat is way more appealing than a mid twenties guy working in tech a twenty minute drive away from her. 

I do match and talk to 19 year olds occasionally but I get way less love from them than when I was that age myself. Here college towns are bubbles and usually (not always) segregated off. 

It's definitely possible, it's just easier to pull these girls if you're around their age and have popularity.
Loads of guys are better looking in their late 20s and 30s, some are even more attractive in their 40s, look at Downey Jr or Clooney

Men in the 20-25 range have baby-faces, aren't that masculine and lack life experience, for women it's the opposite, the younger the hottest.
(12-24-2020, 12:45 AM)bigbadpua Wrote: I had most lays starting from that age, just slowing down now (thanx corona). Age is a mental thing more than anything. Im 38 feeling damn young at heart but these thoughts creep in again. What help is saying "I could be dead tmw" or "I live my life". Or "As long as I have a dick, a face and can walk, Im in the game"

I agree, unfortunately the corona hoax is putting myself in a bad mindset like 'the best years are already behind' since it's a wasted year that can accelerate the decline if you are above 30.
The question is not strictly about the appearance, but if the energy to sustain a certain lifestyle and the results I was getting before would be double again at some point.
Hopefully the end of this hoax is close and by going out and clubbing I won't have time to think about ageing and similar stuff.
(12-30-2020, 02:53 PM)Jack Kasanova Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:45 AM)bigbadpua Wrote: I had most lays starting from that age, just slowing down now (thanx corona). Age is a mental thing more than anything. Im 38 feeling damn young at heart but these thoughts creep in again. What help is saying "I could be dead tmw" or "I live my life". Or "As long as I have a dick, a face and can walk, Im in the game"

I agree, unfortunately the corona hoax is putting myself in a bad mindset like 'the best years are already behind' since it's a wasted year that can accelerate the decline if you are above 30.
The question is not strictly about the appearance, but if the energy to sustain a certain lifestyle and the results I was getting before would be double again at some point.
Hopefully the end of this hoax is close and by going out and clubbing I won't have time to think about ageing and similar stuff.

Sexual polarity beats age anyway. Get ouf of your head. I met guys much older than me slaying. The real question is, if its you. For me, yes. I was shy in my twenties, so having learned to approach and go for it, I wont stop if it feels right to me. Nothing to loose anyway.
I agree that sexual polarity beats any age. I am a relatively youthful 45 and in the last 2-3 years, I have slayed a lot more than I have in my entire twenties combined. I do agree that there is a point where you hit a 'sweet spot' of relatively young looks still combined with maturity/intelligence (and some more disposable income) and most guys hit this spot from their late thirties into their forties. I do recognise that there probably will be a 'wall' into ones mid-fifties or so, but there will probably be other things to compensate for this (like more disposable income).

The summary of this is that do not be despondent. 31 is definitely young and your best days are ahead of you still. I think sometimes it takes older guys to reiterate this fact as nothing beats lived experience. Live your life, it will only get better from here...
I feel old at 31 but that's because of shit genetics ravaging my body now LOL
(01-09-2021, 05:33 PM)Zenta Wrote: I feel old at 31 but that's because of shit genetics ravaging my body now LOL

Yikes. What changes are happening, if you don't mind sharing?

Might be useful info for younger guys.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(01-09-2021, 10:21 PM)AirWaves Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 05:33 PM)Zenta Wrote: I feel old at 31 but that's because of shit genetics ravaging my body now LOL

Sounds like dude's maybe growing hair on his balls.

Late bloomer, perhaps doesn't know it's normal.

That's my theory anyhow.
You feel old. Stop feeling old!
I started balding in my mid 20's (I'm 30) and my confidence went down hill. After I just came to terms with that, my notch count multiplied in months. Had a new girl every weekend.
You're not dead yet.
(01-09-2021, 10:21 PM)AirWaves Wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, just getting some time to sit down on the computer and type out a response. While the other guys joke about me discovering puberty, I wish it was that simple. 

I have a heart arrhythmia which I attempted to have fixed 9 years ago shortly after discovering it. Unfortunately the doctor doing the catheter ablation was unable to correct it and I was later referred to another doctor for a more intense catheter ablation where I would be required to be awake and alert for the 8 hour procedure so they could insure they "got it" that time. In talking to the doctor that did it we asked if I was his son would he do it and he said no, that he would not recommend it to his son unless my condition got worse. So mainly because having to be awake for the whole procedure seemed rather unpleasant and my condition wasn't drastically combining me to wheel chair or guaranteeing I was going to die within the next year, I decided to forego it. During all this the doctor also found that one of my heart valves is misshapen and I have to have a ultra sound scan every year to monitor its progress to be aware of it being a serious issue needing correcting, rather than just an issue to constantly monitor for the rest of my life. 

My quite aged mother is also diagnosed with earls danlos syndrome and I share many of her symptoms when she was younger, though I have not sought any official diagnosis personally. I suffer with joint pain and am prone to injuries when lifting too heavy despite having proper checked form. Over the last year I have also developed pretty good pain in my feet/calfs/ and thighs while standing or walking for short periods of time over the course of 1-2 hours which lasts all day until I find respite in the morning, just to repeat again day after day. My hands also experience strong pain when using the computer or phone for over an hour a day, though I attribute that to over use in my life and Repetitive stress injury.  Never the less it is an issue given the technological age we live in, and I have had to cut my usage back considerably over the years and am no longer able to do things like play video games, which in some cases is a good thing as it allows me to be more productive in other areas. 

On top of all that I have had chronic insomnia for over 16 years, counting on one hand the number of times I have had a decent nights sleep in those years, which I am sure contributes to my poor overall health. My life is constantly full of stressors as I help run a large property management business as well as take care of my mother who had a stroke 3 years ago. Again not contributing to my overall health as my work is 24/7/365 as well is taking care of my mother. Leaving work is not an option, however we have a 5 year plan to downsize and are currently executing it in order to reduce stress. I was also sick back in April with Mono and strep and lost every single pound I put on in the last 10 years of attempting any weight gain and have been fatigued ever since, 9 months later. 

Despite all of that I still attempt to work out and maintain what health I can. While I did poorly in maintaining my diet and exercise in the past, in the last year  I have focused more on eating healthier foods as well as doing cardio on my bike as it doesn't cause me pain and weight lifting a light weight dumbbell routine that I find enjoyable and is not so prone to causing me injury as heavy barbell compound lifts.    

All in all I am financially well off, own a couple of sports cars, can go out and buy whatever I want, the phrase if I could trade it all for health(and the ability to travel freely for long periods of time) rings very true. But I have all my limbs, I can still walk and talk, and bang women so life goes on. Its just a bit more slower and painful than when I was 18, and I don't look forward to being 50+ if it gets worse. I am positive however that my attitude these days towards exercise, diet, and improving my mental health are a key to maintain whatever health I do have and will give me the best option for having a healthy outlook in my later years. For that I can be thankful as other people are way worse off than I am, but I admit it is hard not to be jealous of all of my other friends in the 30-35 year range and even older that do not deal with any of these issues. 

I hope that answer helps.

Edit: I should add in that, if I could do anything differently for the younger members who may experience similar issues - I would have always focused on lighter weights so I could have lifted more over the years consistently rather than always trying to go heavy, get injured, and take a break from it a while, rinse and repeat. I would have also focus on less computer/phone usage, as well as have ate a much healthier diet and quit drinking much sooner. For weight gain I would have made a goal of one LB a month as it would have compounded nicely over the years, rather than constantly failing to reach larger weight goals and again getting discouraged and stepping back completely over and over again. So pretty much the standard stuff any older person will tell you and someone younger wont listen to until they wish they did when it bites them in the ass Smile
(01-11-2021, 04:48 AM)Zenta Wrote: I hope that answer helps.

Edit: I should add in that, if I could do anything differently for the younger members who may experience similar issues - I would have always focused on lighter weights so I could have lifted more over the years consistently rather than always trying to go heavy, get injured, and take a break from it a while, rinse and repeat. I would have also focus on less computer/phone usage, as well as have ate a much healthier diet and quit drinking much sooner. For weight gain I would have made a goal of one LB a month as it would have compounded nicely over the years, rather than constantly failing to reach larger weight goals and again getting discouraged and stepping back completely over and over again.  So pretty much the standard stuff any older person will tell you and someone younger wont listen to until they wish they did when it bites them in the ass Smile

Cosign on all of the above, 100%.

For any guys in their 20's, try switching to one of those trackball mouses before you HAVE to switch to it because of numbing pain in your wrist. 

Regarding weights, guys are going to do what they're going to do but I cosign 100% on Zenta's words above.  All that nonsense about "everything is cool if you use proper form" is basically that, nonsense.  No one can do proper form 100% of the time, distractions abound, and the heavier the weight, the more likely that one moment of distraction causes you a small injury that lowers your quality of life permanently.  You'll look great, basically, but be unable to pick a piece of paper off the floor without sharp pain, for example.  For most folks, the best long-term strategy is sticking to exercises like walking, swimming, and light weights.

Also, try to keep arms extended as much as possible during the day (as opposed to bent the way they are when we use a computer, especially when we use a computer in bed).  If you don't, you may end up losing feeling in your pinkies and maybe even other fingers as time goes by.

On alcohol and junk food, the sooner you can grow the discipline to remove these from your life or minimize them, the better.  

All of this is easier said than done.
(12-28-2020, 09:17 AM)Dash Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:09 AM)Johnstop Wrote: I'm 25 but I definitely see girls around my age with guys in their early 30's.

Big difference between 18-22 year olds and 25+

Once you get over 30 you will become less desirable for 18-22 year olds. I noticed an obvious diff online after 32. 

But you are still more than fine with the 25+ crowd.

I think that you are hitting at the main point here, but it think that it has to do with the social circle with girls during their 20's.  18-22 women are in college with one set of a social circle that is insular within that age group, or the occasional "Hot Professor" in his 50's.  I knew a few girls who dated guys in their 30's when I was in college with them, but it was the exception rather than the rule.  A few years out of college in the first job or two, and things change including your social circle that has drastically changed since college.  Girls get more exposure to older men in more social and professional settings and thus get more acclimated to older guys.  It's not impossible, but IMHO harder to be successful with girls that young these days.  This of course assumes that the girl in question is western and in school.  A girl in a job out of high school like the military, or from another country and you have an x factors that may change things.
(12-31-2020, 03:06 PM)WillieStyles Wrote: I agree that sexual polarity beats any age. I am a relatively youthful 45 and in the last 2-3 years, I have slayed a lot more than I have in my entire twenties combined. I do agree that there is a point where you hit a 'sweet spot' of relatively young looks still combined with maturity/intelligence (and some more disposable income) and most guys hit this spot from their late thirties into their forties. I do recognise that there probably will be a 'wall' into ones mid-fifties or so, but there will probably be other things to compensate for this (like more disposable income).

The summary of this is that do not be despondent. 31 is definitely young and your best days are ahead of you still. I think sometimes it takes older guys to reiterate this fact as nothing beats lived experience. Live your life, it will only get better from here...

I agree with this. And I also believe that the wall will be on our side, i.e., at some age, we will become tired of the chase, because it is a lot of work, and then it is time to head to the tropics and retire with a Flipper. But as long as we are willing to put in the work, there will be women who will respond to it.
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
(01-13-2021, 09:14 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 03:06 PM)WillieStyles Wrote: I agree that sexual polarity beats any age. I am a relatively youthful 45 and in the last 2-3 years, I have slayed a lot more than I have in my entire twenties combined. I do agree that there is a point where you hit a 'sweet spot' of relatively young looks still combined with maturity/intelligence (and some more disposable income) and most guys hit this spot from their late thirties into their forties. I do recognise that there probably will be a 'wall' into ones mid-fifties or so, but there will probably be other things to compensate for this (like more disposable income).

I agree with this. And I also believe that the wall will be on our side, i.e., at some age, we will become tired of the chase, because it is a lot of work, and then it is time to head to the tropics and retire with a Flipper. But as long as we are willing to put in the work, there will be women who will respond to it.

This is 100% true.  From the perspective of being in my 60s, I can confirm.  Rollo's SMV graph is true, you do hit your peak at about 35, it's when you get maximum positive attention from women if you're fit, suited up or otherwise have status.