Itching to leave parents basement
(12-29-2020, 03:15 AM)churros Wrote: In all seriousness, I want to see the datasheet on gaming your mom. This could be a forum classic.

'Gaming your mom' from this thread is already in the pantheon .

Easily on the same level as 'let me know if you have any questions'
Manbelline, as someone who doesn't care whether you're "autistic" or not, I'd say don't bother arguing.

I know I'm a broken record on this, but again: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
+1 for the now eagerly looking forward to the "gaming your mom" datasheet.

Should we be negging her? Making that hoe say no? I can't remember much other PUA guru stuff so I've really got a lot to learn.
(12-29-2020, 03:15 AM)churros Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 01:48 AM)Johnstop Wrote: Hey Manbeline, no one has the time to pick through an incel essay about your mom's shit tests. I'll turn it back on you, prove yourself right. Share with the class, why is "gaming your mom" is necessary?

In all seriousness, I want to see the datasheet on gaming your mom. This could be a forum classic.

Stop stealing my April Fools Day thread ideas!
(12-29-2020, 08:26 AM)AirWaves Wrote: Manbelline, as someone who doesn't care whether you're "autistic" or not, I'd say don't bother arguing.

I know I'm a broken record on this, but again: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I stopped. Lesson learned.
(12-29-2020, 08:26 AM)AirWaves Wrote: Manbelline, as someone who doesn't care whether you're "autistic" or not, I'd say don't bother arguing.

Do you think people should game their mothers
OP,

What is your 5 year plan?

What are you majoring in?

How did you manage to get a sizable savings whilst young?

If you need your cherry popped per say, I'd suggest after graduating moving to Colombia (Medellin, Bogota, Cali, Barranquilla et) for 3 months and enjoy life.

You are young and on a site like this, so you are well ahead of many of your peers. Can get some valuable advice.
Reply to Dash ^^^^

I don't have a 5 year plan at the moment. Basically finish school, move out, get a job, hit the nightlife and do other cool stuff like traveling when possible. This is more of a 1 year timeline.

My major is computer science/software

I built up the savings by working while living at home throughout college, got about 60k saved up.
(12-30-2020, 05:43 AM)terrific Wrote: Reply to Dash ^^^^

I don't have a 5 year plan at the moment. Basically finish school, move out, get a job, hit the nightlife and do other cool stuff like traveling when possible. This is more of a 1 year timeline.

I built up the savings by working while living at home throughout college, got about 60k saved up.

Yeah you're doing fine. You'll make bank out of graduation and will be able to move out comfortably. 

My advice would be to max your 401k and rack in the savings. 60K by your early twenties is very impressive.
(12-30-2020, 05:43 AM)terrific Wrote: Reply to Dash ^^^^

If you want to travel I recommend doing that now after you graduate rather than later. Once you get a job and bills its not as easy. 

A 3 month Latin America trip wont break the bank and will let you experience life outside of the states and living like a rockstar. 

You are golden mate. Great degree to have and a shit load of savings for not even out of Uni. 

Id join reddit's personal finance, fire and real estate investing subs. 

Lots of good advice there.
(12-30-2020, 05:43 AM)terrific Wrote: I don't have a 5 year plan at the moment. Basically finish school, move out, get a job, hit the nightlife and do other cool stuff like traveling when possible. This is more of a 1 year timeline.

Having $60k saved up at this stage of life is great. If you're reporting earned income from year-to-year (working a side job?), you can start putting as much of that as you're allowed into a Roth IRA right now. The growth will be tax-free, and you can withdraw the original contributions (not the gains) at any time without penalty. I didn't start mine until I was in my late 20s and really should have done that first since it has the biggest advantage when you're young and paying low taxes anyway.

I would consider writing down 2 or 3 items that you see for yourself at 1 year (you already know some of this), 5 years, and 10 years, then connect the dots between them to think about what you should do next.

(12-30-2020, 07:33 AM)Dash Wrote: Id join reddit's personal finance, fire and real estate investing subs. 

Lots of good advice there.

Bogleheads forum also pretty good.