What do you do for skin care?
I've seen it mentioned several times here at Swoop that men should take care of their skin in order to keep looking good as we age. 

Do you do anything in particular for your skin?

I personally don't do a damn thing, except put a little sunscreen on if I'm going to be outside a lot.

Am I missing something?
(10-24-2020, 09:12 PM)WombRaider Wrote: I've seen it mentioned several times here at Swoop that men should take care of their skin in order to keep looking good as we age. 

Do you do anything in particular for your skin?

I personally don't do a damn thing, except put a little sunscreen on if I'm going to be outside a lot.

Am I missing something?

Yes you should definitely do something for your skin, very important. You need some kind of moisturizer plus hyaluronic acid. Will make a big difference. I see guys in their late 30ies with really bad skin & a lot of wrinkles.
Moisturizer with sunscreen, use it in the morning and then also at night before sleeping.

I’m aiming to incorporate a skin cleanser and exfoliator once a week as well.

Don’t forget your diet also - can have a big effect on skin for many people. Alcohol, smoking etc - cut that shit out totally if you can. Sleeping well and drinking plenty of water daily are also important.
Latest research is that sunscreen isn't that necessary after all, you actually need many vitamins etc from the sun and the evidence is pretty convincing in terms of death rates.

I wouldn't add ANY chemical shit, moisturiser or otherwise to your skin. Your skin exhibits your fundamental healthiness, you can't just rub shit onto it.

Stay hydrated, drink green tea, eat organ meats and green vegetables, don't drink, smoke and get enough sleep.
Coconut oil or butter/fat.
You need a good moisturizer:

SALVE: Anal & Vaginal Fissures, Dryness & Inflammation | Perineal Anti-inflammatory Care & Moisturizer
https://www.amazon.com/SALVE-Vaginal-Fis...B07MXTSY74

Ok, joking aside. I don't use skin care products except for zinc based sunscreen.
(The standard sunscreens have estrogenic chemicals which get absorbed-https://www.jwatch.org/jd200209250000003/2002/09/25/do-sunscreens-have-estrogenic-effects)

Blocking UV damage is the only thing proven to affect skin aging and cancer.

Also, it doesn't prevent you from getting enough Vitamin D since your body gets saturated w/ Vit. D after some time. I can spend 5-8 hours in the sun- hiking, swimming, etc. so that's more than enough sun.
I use a Zinc-based daily sunscreen. I don't think the mineral/chemical distinction is as crucial as it's hyped to be, some ingredients are clearly bad but others probably not so much, however I found a mineral product I like.

Even if you're not outside much or you think it's cloudy, etc., UVA (aging) varies little throughout the day and also penetrates glass, unlike UVB (sunburn). Choose a broad-spectrum product, some are far more efficient at UVB and are a waste. Even with mineral sunscreens, if it's heavy on titanium dioxide, it's mainly preventing sunburn, not photoaging.

Niacinamide under that, helps prevent skin from getting red or excessively oily.

At night, I use vitamin C. Part of the cycle of skin damage is not just sun exposure, but free radicals created by sun exposure left to do more damage over time, and antioxidants are supposed to help clean that up before they have a chance to do permanent work.
One of my friends is vegan and I lived with her for a few months this year in Bali during covid (great place for covid btw, it doesn't exist there). I don't do much with my skin, but she made this weird skincare product which after using it for 10 minutes my skin felt 10x softer and nicer than it ever felt ever in my life. It was crazy. The main ingredient was irish sea moss. Then we tried a honey mask which also made my skin feel nice, but not anywhere nearly as nice as the sea moss. I have no idea about the long-term effects, though, or if it's just a short term, temporary feeling.

Update: my friend says it has 92 of 106 minerals you body needs
OLG 9, DG 8, NG 5
CeraVe lotion on my face daily after the shower OR if my skin is getting dry. I started getting dry red spots and if I do nothing it gets worse and uncomfortable. When it's really inflamed I put some vasoline on it before bed for a few nights and it gets under control. Laugh all u want, if you had sore red skin you would want it to go away too.
Now that I'm in my 30s, it's likely I'll begin looking into more radical skincare treatments. As far as I can tell, the product with the best efficacy for reducing signs of ageing is tretinoin. I look around 27-28, but I have fine lines on my forehead that I'd like to fade. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-h...e-wrinkles The problem is it's given only on prescription in Ireland and the doctors will only give it if you have acne. You can get it OTC in Thailand but looks like I won't be going back there for a while.
As you age, it is quite relevant how "youngish" you look on fisrt impression, specially by your mid 50s. This applies for game and for business. I have found that retinol works quite good for regenerating skin cells. Apply with care, as it is powerful and can leave superficial scares of dead skin if you overdo.
(11-30-2020, 07:11 PM)Great Husky 63 Wrote: As you age, it is quite relevant how "youngish" you look on fisrt impression, specially by your mid 50s. This applies for game and for business. I have found that retinol works quite good for regenerating skin cells. Apply with care, as it is powerful and can leave superficial scares of dead skin if you overdo.

The following are the basics:

- Hyaluronic acid

- Retinol cream (start with 0,1%, then 0,5% and if no side effects got to 1%)

- Collagen powder (Type 1, marine collagen e.g. from algae)

- Astaxanthin pills

- Moisturizer

I only use products for women because products for men tend to be these "10-in-one" combinations that don't have clean ingredients.

Good facial skin is very important for a young look. I think it definitely pays off taking care of it. Quite low time investment (compared to gym for example), so why miss out on it. It can get pricey though, good Hyaluronic acid and Retinol is quite expensive.