How important is income really?
(08-15-2020, 11:12 AM)Wintermute Wrote: Is anyone here aiming for early retirement/financial independence?

What do you mean?

I will own businesses till the day I die.
(08-15-2020, 10:48 AM)zatara Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 01:12 PM)OviOs Wrote: Do you feel that you would be looked upon negatively by women/family if you were able to retire early (in your 30s, Mr Money Moustache style) and be able to coast on investments and doing odd jobs whenever you felt like it?  

Having said that, I can see where some men would have to play the game and make impressions on others.  Curiously, whenever those types of situations come up now and someone is digging hard (as in they won't back the fuck off when I adequately responded to their probing bullshit), I pretty much eject because experience tells me that we are headed to the No Fun Zone and that's a place I don't want to be.

Again obviously it wouldn't matter for a one night stand, or a short term thing, or if the girl is college aged. But for a long term relationship with a girl from any decent background in my experience it'd depend on two things:

1) Your level of retirement income. If you're "retired" in your 30s and only earning $20k a year thats not going to cut in a first world city for any sort of lifestyle (for a family or even just for a man by himself to be fair). You're going to need a comparable level of income to an OK white collar job to justify retiring - that'll vary hugely by location, but very roughly say €50k+ a year in Western Europe, $80k+ in the US.

2) What do you do with your retirement time? If you're sitting at home playing video games all day thats not going to be attractive/respectable to anyone - male or female. If you're using your time to get involved in charities, to go back to college to do a PhD, or something similar its entirely different. That shows work effort and ambition independent of employment.

Basically it all comes down to if you're going to be comparable to their father for most of these girls in my experience. If their father is a doctor/lawyer/business owner etc they're going to want to bring someone home to their family thats going to be professionally respected, and who'll fit in socially/intellectually at family events. An unemployed bum/retail worker/barman etc will be neither. For a one night stand/a fling, or a relationship if they're 21, that obviously doesn't really matter. But once they start hitting 25+ and are thinking about settling down it sure does.

Mister Happy always rawdawgs. When a chick lets you do that, at an elemental level, she must accept that the consequences of one night of bliss could be with her the rest of her life.

It is attraction on a visceral level. None of these chicks have seen a payslip or asked me about my charity work or phd thesis or such things.

On the other hand if they see nothing to attract them viscerally and are going over your financials with a magnifying glass, perhaps you had better get the phd and stock portfolio and give to charity. In this situation, I might recommend charitable contributions to the single mom pampers and taxi fare third world growth fund.

Still as other guys have pointed out, there is a break even point, where the effort to stack more cash doesn't leave you enough juice to convert it in to new lays.

I believe some of what you're seeing is what women do when they meet someone like Mr Happy and get knocked up and bring him back to the fam and they're trying to justify choosing him by pointing out his pay check, phd, and charitable work. They don't want to have made a poor choice, and they may simply be unwilling or unable to describe the visceral feelings that actually caused them to ride the baloney pony. They will clutch at any straw they can to inflate the value of their catch when talking about these things in regard to a romantic interest/baby daddy however it doesn't mean these things that they say are complete and honest renditions of the events.
(08-15-2020, 11:12 AM)Wintermute Wrote: Is anyone here aiming for early retirement/financial independence?

Within the next year or so I plan on buying some rental properties, the rental income will more than cover the mortgage, once they are paid off it will be a pretty decent income and I'd be able to live comfortably from the rental income alone. 

I don't plan on "retiring" but it would be really nice to know that all my living expenses and more will be covered and I can choose to do what I want within reason. 

I've been looking at new homes online with two suites that can be both be legal rentals, being new homes I wouldn't have to do much for the first 10-15 years.
In Kiev income is pretty much all that matter (unless you have physical deformities).

I did it.

Would only do some active investing (more active than the Mr. Money Mustache method anyway) if/when I stop traveling.

Would never retire in the West. Higher costs and worse girls? Pass.

What do you want to know?
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(08-16-2020, 12:58 AM)AirWaves Wrote:

I did it.

Would only do some active investing (more active than the Mr. Money Mustache method anyway) if/when I stop traveling.

I think many people would be interested in a data sheet, if you want to give tips on how you did it.

Done!  Just finishing up some stuff on this last house which will go on the market tomorrow evening.  The proceeds will set me up for quite a while.  

Some guys want to keep working after they reach financial independence.  I have still a few properties in my portfolio but I am not actively managing them.  With my spare time, I just want to bang hot women and disengage totally from Western culture while learning new places.
(08-16-2020, 01:54 AM)churros Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 12:58 AM)AirWaves Wrote:

I did it.

I think many people would be interested in a data sheet, if you want to give tips on how you did it.

Done: https://www.swooptheworld.com/forum/show...p?tid=2744
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(08-15-2020, 05:01 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 04:19 AM)OviOs Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 03:17 PM)Mister Happy Wrote: @ zatara: I don't think "lying" is the right word here. More like putting your best foot forward. More a matter of placing more focus on your potential and your goals than a current situation, if you feel your current situation is not that great. When the chick comes back to your place she will get an idea. However in the pre-bang interview phase, it really is about telling a fun story sometimes, and not the factual details. If thi leaves an overly optimistic impression, and she winds up making a poor decision, well, you have to break some eggs to get an omelet. it's all about the bang baby. Once you get the bang just supply orgasms on a regular basis and she will forget about your poor work prospects. If your situation really is that terrible then you have to choose between inceldom and breaking hearts.

@OviOs: I think $1000/month in Peru and coast on investments and odd jobs is a great idea. I can do that (minus the investments lol). It's impressive to latinas down here to be a man of leisure.

Other than the provider-hunting single mommies that I have to filter online, yeah, I see that presenting yourself as above the working class and thus "able to do as you please whenever you please" is not a bad MO.

If I still had to work and wanted to do so remotely, remote IT support is the way I'd do it.  You should be able to find something north of $1K/month if you were so inclined.  

I have to ask though: Isn't $1K/mo limiting to some degree?  Yeah, airfare is relatively cheap to fly around Latin America but you can't buy a decent new phone or laptop without smashing the budget for a couple of months.

I believe that $1000 a month would really allow you to stand out in comparison with many locals and enjoy a life of leisure. You can get by on $500 a month, so you would be able to save $500 a month.
Certainly $1000 could get a decent phone. You could fly to many vacation spots in the world, stay in hotels for a month for what $2-3000? I recommend spend January outside of Buenos Aires, it is as hot as balls.

Travel within SA is indeed cheap. Bus is an option if you don't like airfare prices. I've taken overnight buses to Santiago Chile and Montevideo Uruguay, maybe it was $100 at most.

ps - after writing this I see SC87 wrote about same thing. I think it would be hard to burn $500 a month going out unless you have a really insane lifestyle. Bottle of wine here is $1. beer of course less. Steak and fries dinner (easily divided in two to eat a whole day if you have a mind to) available for $3. I simply can't eat and drink enough to burn $500 lol.

So you guys (Hap and SC) never plan on buying a car or property where you are?  I know stuff is stupid cheap in Argentina but they aren't giving it away I assume.  

And call me snobby or whatever but I hate public transportation.  The Metros in D.C. and Medellín I've ridden on weren't bad but I go Uber whenever possible.  Daily transportation can add up.
(08-16-2020, 09:23 PM)OviOs Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 05:01 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 04:19 AM)OviOs Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 03:17 PM)Mister Happy Wrote: @ zatara: I don't think "lying" is the right word here. More like putting your best foot forward. More a matter of placing more focus on your potential and your goals than a current situation, if you feel your current situation is not that great. When the chick comes back to your place she will get an idea. However in the pre-bang interview phase, it really is about telling a fun story sometimes, and not the factual details. If thi leaves an overly optimistic impression, and she winds up making a poor decision, well, you have to break some eggs to get an omelet. it's all about the bang baby. Once you get the bang just supply orgasms on a regular basis and she will forget about your poor work prospects. If your situation really is that terrible then you have to choose between inceldom and breaking hearts.

@OviOs: I think $1000/month in Peru and coast on investments and odd jobs is a great idea. I can do that (minus the investments lol). It's impressive to latinas down here to be a man of leisure.

Other than the provider-hunting single mommies that I have to filter online, yeah, I see that presenting yourself as above the working class and thus "able to do as you please whenever you please" is not a bad MO.

If I still had to work and wanted to do so remotely, remote IT support is the way I'd do it.  You should be able to find something north of $1K/month if you were so inclined.  

I have to ask though: Isn't $1K/mo limiting to some degree?  Yeah, airfare is relatively cheap to fly around Latin America but you can't buy a decent new phone or laptop without smashing the budget for a couple of months.

I believe that $1000 a month would really allow you to stand out in comparison with many locals and enjoy a life of leisure. You can get by on $500 a month, so you would be able to save $500 a month.
Certainly $1000 could get a decent phone. You could fly to many vacation spots in the world, stay in hotels for a month for what $2-3000? I recommend spend January outside of Buenos Aires, it is as hot as balls.

Travel within SA is indeed cheap. Bus is an option if you don't like airfare prices. I've taken overnight buses to Santiago Chile and Montevideo Uruguay, maybe it was $100 at most.

ps - after writing this I see SC87 wrote about same thing. I think it would be hard to burn $500 a month going out unless you have a really insane lifestyle. Bottle of wine here is $1. beer of course less. Steak and fries dinner (easily divided in two to eat a whole day if you have a mind to) available for $3. I simply can't eat and drink enough to burn $500 lol.

So you guys (Hap and SC) never plan on buying a car or property where you are?  I know stuff is stupid cheap in Argentina but they aren't giving it away I assume.  

And call me snobby or whatever but I hate public transportation.  The Metros in D.C. and Medellín I've ridden on weren't bad but I go Uber whenever possible.  Daily transportation can add up.

I haven't needed a car in Buenos Aires. I did rent one once for fun. I also feel very leery about sinking money in real estate in the capital. I'm planning on moving to Patagonia at some point, at that point I would find an 18-year-old with no kids, buy a car and a terreno, and set off on that adventure. (I think the amount of capital in a terreno in the countryside might be $10,000 usd at most so not a huge investment).
I've got a goal lifestyle in mind that I've been working towards - specifically, having a modest residence and some investments at home while permanently residing overseas. I do not intend to have kids so this is definitely something I can achieve reasonably soon. Have done a good amount of the work already and just need to hustle a bit longer to get things on the level that I want. Also spent some time living abroad just to make sure I liked it.

What I'll probably wind up doing is teaching ESL to keep me occupied as I don't want to just sit around having cups of tea, it also means I don't need as much to get started.
(08-13-2020, 11:41 AM)Kir Diesel Wrote: In my current area of the world.... It doesn't seems to matter in the slightest to women here. As long as you reach a minimum standard (and its low) its enough for them to date and fuck you.

You can live with roommates until 30 at least (maybe even longer) and be a sales rep at a low paying bullshit no-name company and bang 8s here as long as you are "cool" and fit the look that they want.

Of course there are gold diggers like everywhere else but by and large women don't care about money/ambition at all in Western Europe. Personality, Social Status and Looks are KING.

in German... "hauptsache.. er sieht gut aus"

Kir, as a German myself i can clearly tell you, German girls love foreigners because it simply is not the same old German mentality a dude from Germany brings into the game. Yes, you slay, a German in your age and whatever physics, won't, simply because he is German. Haha have fun and bed the 8's, i know they are out there, i had those in the 80's

Yes, in some form. The goal is to save up and then semi-retire in a low-cost location. Will do part-time work locally or online to fund basic costs while trying not to touch investments. I hate the rat race and am not one who requires a lot of luxury.
Money plays important role.
For Eastern Europe if you are under 30,1000 euro netto per month is enough.
30-35 you need about 1500 euro.
35-40 you need 2000 euro.
Older than 40 you need 2500 euro per month.
Older than 45 your needs get close to 3000 euro.
This is minimum amount to be able to pull quality,one 8 per month.To live like a baller you need roughly double than that.
Money is freedom. When you dont have to worry about your bills, your retirement, health care, etc - the elimination of those sources of stress is a quantum step up. When you can do what you want, when you want is priceless. I have envied the young cats getting tail in their 20s while I was busting my butt, but I would rather be set for life now and chasing tail. I dont need a lot of money but having that backup is nice.
I guess a 1000$/month is enough for most Latin American countries when you're in your 20s. But why not aim higher?

To me, it's not really worth it chasing pussy 24/7 if your income level is that low. I rather plan them around my work related stuff. Most younger latinas will have some kind of job as well, so I kind of keep a routine to combine both.

Also, I will never retire. That word has a totally different meaning once you build online businesses and already have the freedom to do what and when you want.
Income is important. Sure it may matter less when you are younger. But there is more to life past 50 years old.... What are some of you guys going to do between ages 50-90 years old? Thats a whole 40 years. If you dont have money, i honestly cant see of any decent woman being with you no matter how tight your game is. Seems depressing actually - not being able to afford to go places.

I agree with suites...

With that said, I think there is a law of Diminishing returns with income however. For example, i spend maybe $5,000 a month with my lifestyle (living in 2nd and 3rd world countries) - I live in a lavish apartment, eat restaurant meals, date woman, go out, visit places etc. And when i want to change countries, i travel business class, stay in 4 star hotels(no matter how much money i make 5 star hotels just seem like a waste of money lol). If traveling around a country maybe bumps up to $6,000/ month
I take private transportation, not public buses. I live great, but my same lifestyle can be achieved by someone who makes less than 1% of what i make. The extra money doesnt really add to my lifestyle, thats what i mean my law of diminishing returns.And I dont mean to brag, its more of a rant because of how unhappy i actually am compared to what people think its like to make a lot of money. Not sure what you guys would even spend it on, because i spend more than a enough every month and someone making 100k a year can really have the same lifestyle as me. I should mention too that i dont live in the west, otherwise costs will be way up.