How important is income really?
One big change I've noticed as the manosphere went from PUA to RP is the focus on income and career.

When a young Wintermute started his PUA journey, a big point oft repeated was that money doesn't matter as much as society tells you it does. You can go approach that girl regardless. This has definitely changed and a lot of the advice coming out of various parts of the manosphere seems to encourage #crushingit in your career and making #bankbro

I don't think money should be ignored but I don't think it should be an obsession either.

So how important is this to you guys?
It's necessary.
It’s the same guys getting older and realizing you can’t keep playing the “good looking loser” game for much past your early 20s, unless perhaps you’re serving some niche, eg, white guys exclusively chasing Asian girls etc
It matters and always has, but more so now than before. Girls are not only smarter but have access to more information so faking it is not as easy to pull off as it was 15 years ago. Now that girls have more options being a good looking guy at the bar when no other options are around doesn't fly. Girls always have an army of thirsty dudes on social media or dating apps so you need to bring more to the table. Guys who preach otherwise and say it's all about game are either stuck in 2002 or broke and in denial.
If you're making a million annum and she's making 70k as a librarian with a societal cushion and boomer parents, Discover card and a dog, what can you offer her really?

Simping (I don't know what else to use) works in aggregate, too. You're not competing against a guy. It's an unintentional cartel. And clout, real clout, isn't working hard. It's genetics and working hard.

You can build it, just don't expect them to come.
I agree money (and youth) appear to be overrated.
You need some money to live in between chicks (unless you hook up with Dindong's librarian lol).
However you don't need money to score with chicks.
Career is a boner killer.
I'd rather make the minimum and have free time to score.
Once I start to get too old to score, I'll search out that librarian knock her up and live in her house.
(08-13-2020, 01:54 AM)Shimmy Wrote: It matters and always has, but more so now than before.  Girls are not only smarter but have access to more information so faking it is not as easy to pull off as it was 15 years ago.  Now that girls have more options being a good looking guy at the bar when no other options are around doesn't fly.  Girls always have an army of thirsty dudes on social media or dating apps so you need to bring more to the table.  Guys who preach otherwise and say it's all about game are either stuck in 2002 or broke and in denial.

That army has a lot of good looking guys that are credit card millionaires. Aint no woman doing due diligence on that. To be honest if she's you probably should run away screaming.
(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I agree money (and youth) appear to be overrated.

What quality women do you want to sleep with?

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: You need some money to live in between chicks (unless you hook up with Dindong's librarian lol).

Wait? Are you saying that you shack up with women and then have them pay the bills? This would make a lot of your other posts make more sense.

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: However you don't need money to score with chicks.

True, but money in the hands of a skilled player will have a multiplication effect and can take the hard work out of connecting with better quality women.

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: Career is a boner killer.

You’re trolling, right?

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I'd rather make the minimum and have free time to score.

I’m sure there’s a guy out there who is both old and poor and bangs 8s in the regular, but I suspect that is rather unusual.

Winning at life is having enough money when you’re old so that you have the freedom to live comfortable AND score with quality women.
(08-13-2020, 03:24 AM)Suits Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I agree money (and youth) appear to be overrated.

What quality women do you want to sleep with?

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: You need some money to live in between chicks (unless you hook up with Dindong's librarian lol).

Wait? Are you saying that you shack up with women and then have them pay the bills? This would make a lot of your other posts make more sense.

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: However you don't need money to score with chicks.

True, but money in the hands of a skilled player will have a multiplication effect and can take the hard work out of connecting with better quality women.

You’re trolling, right?

(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote: I'd rather make the minimum and have free time to score.

I’m sure there’s a guy out there who is both old and poor and bangs 8s in the regular, but I suspect that is rather unusual.

Winning at life is having enough money when you’re old so that you have the freedom to live comfortable AND score with quality women.

If you need $150,000 to pay 5's in China, then I suppose career could be very important and your social life wouldn't be much of a loss lol.
Naturally if you have no luck in your youth, you will fear that old age will be even harder. Do what you have to do bro to succeed Smile
(08-13-2020, 02:13 AM)Mister Happy Wrote:

If you need $150,000 to pay 5's in China, then I suppose career could be very important and your social life wouldn't be much of a loss lol.
Naturally if you have no luck in your youth, you will fear that old age will be even harder. Do what you have to do bro to succeed Smile

Why do you keep accusing me of paying for sex?
(08-13-2020, 03:38 AM)Suits Wrote:

Bro we need to do a poll bc I think Suits is actually larping as Mister Happy.
(08-13-2020, 04:20 AM)bootknocker Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 03:38 AM)Suits Wrote:

Bro we need to do a poll bc I think Suits is actually larping as Mister Happy.

You caught me.
(08-13-2020, 03:24 AM)Suit Wrote:

Why would he possibly care about some stupid cat, unless he is actually living with the girl. Why is he living with the girl, unless he has knocked her up and pretended to start a family. Why does he claim that relationships only last for two years after pregnancy: because that's how long he can mooch off the late twenties, middle class girls he's targeting. Edgy behaviour on the surface but reprehensible in actuality.
(08-13-2020, 04:34 AM)churros Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 03:24 AM)Suit Wrote:

Why would he possibly care about some stupid cat, unless he is actually living with the girl. Why is he living with the girl, unless he has knocked her up and pretended to start a family. Why does he claim that relationships only last for two years after pregnancy: because that's how long he can mooch off the late twenties, middle class girls he's targeting. Edgy behaviour on the surface but reprehensible in actuality.

hahahaha...oh shit I'm getting my popcorn ready for this one
OP, money, if invested right, compounds with time. Bangs do not.

That isn't in conflict with the earlier advice though, that money itself doesn't get you girls anymore. That's still true. Look at rich guys like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk. They're both divorced.

No, the money is for you. The money gives you options. The money enables you to live better. That helps you get girls. But again, the money doesn't get the girls directly.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(08-13-2020, 04:39 AM)AirWaves Wrote: No, the money is for you. The money gives you options. The money enables you to live better. That helps you get girls. But again, the money doesn't get the girls directly.

Pretty much agreed.  Options for clothes, (better) housing, date nights (and days), travel.  I'd hate to be so limited on funds that I couldn't go on a weekend getaway with some chica and do fun stuff like jet skiing and so on.
(08-13-2020, 04:52 AM)OviOs Wrote: I'd hate to be so limited on funds that I couldn't go on a weekend getaway with some chica and do fun stuff like jet skiing and so on.

Yep. Money might not get you pussy, but it sure makes it way more fun.
(08-13-2020, 04:56 AM)Suits Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:52 AM)OviOs Wrote: I'd hate to be so limited on funds that I couldn't go on a weekend getaway with some chica and do fun stuff like jet skiing and so on.

Suits I can't reply to your PM bc you've met your quota but I promise you you're wrong.
(08-13-2020, 05:28 AM)bootknocker Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:56 AM)Suits Wrote:

Suits I can't reply to your PM bc you've met your quota but I promise you you're wrong.

Sorry. My inbox got overwhelmed by the large volume of supportive, encouraging and congratulatory messages from my fans. I’m down to 70% full now.
We had a thread on this recently but I'll give the main takeaway.

Money is important because it provides you with options. You can choose to live a family lifestyle while being able to provide for wifey/kids. Or, you can live the player lifestyle flying all around the world while staying at whatever accommodations you feel like. 

Especially as you get older, options become priceless.