People who earn a big salary (over $150k), what do you do?
For those interested in talking about taxes, probably time to start a separate thread. It's a worthwhile discussion to be had, but distracting from this particular thread's topic.
(08-11-2020, 03:53 PM)Bateman Wrote: For those Europeans who don't wanna pay too much taxes: do some research what happens if you deregister in your home country and start a corporation in Panama (or any other country with territorial tax law and low taxes).

For Germans, for example, it's pretty simple to live tax-free with an online income as long as you're cool with leaving Germany for good. As soon as you tell the authorities that you're moving abroad, you don't have to pay any taxes or social insurance anymore. I imagine it's similar in other EU countries. I am planning to make this move at the end of this year and then make 100k per year after tax.

Yeah, we don't have that. That would be my #1 option. We need proof that we pay taxes elsewhere. I mean nothing is stopping me to register in Germany, pay some taxes there and then deregister from Germany. But it would make it a bit more complicated.
(08-11-2020, 04:29 PM)Kentemo Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 03:53 PM)Bateman Wrote: For those Europeans who don't wanna pay too much taxes: do some research what happens if you deregister in your home country and start a corporation in Panama (or any other country with territorial tax law and low taxes).

For Germans, for example, it's pretty simple to live tax-free with an online income as long as you're cool with leaving Germany for good. As soon as you tell the authorities that you're moving abroad, you don't have to pay any taxes or social insurance anymore. I imagine it's similar in other EU countries. I am planning to make this move at the end of this year and then make 100k per year after tax.

Yeah, we don't have that. That would be my #1 option. We need proof that we pay taxes elsewhere. I mean nothing is stopping me to register in Germany, pay some taxes there and then deregister from Germany. But it would make it a bit more complicated.

That's why you incorporate in Panama. This gives you permanent residency there and you'll have to pay taxes there. You can then prove to your home country government that you have residency in a different country and pay taxes there. Just need to be careful that you're not spending too much time in your home country.
(08-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Bateman Wrote: That's why you incorporate in Panama. This gives you permanent residency there and you'll have to pay taxes there. You can then prove to your home country government that you have residency in a different country and pay taxes there. Just need to be careful that you're not spending too much time in your home country.

Thanks for the heads up....there are a few ways to get around this problem if you are ready to move and have an online business, it gets more tricky when you have to be physically at the client’s site...well there are still a few ways but let’s not derail the thread even more.

One last remark: you don’t judge an accountant on how much he costs you but on how much money he saves you.
You can make this money but you have to work long hours and it is important what you do on your free time as well,your social profile and connections.Better to tell about wife and kids to collegues and clients instead of pussy slays and cum on new conquests.The extracuricular activities matter a lot unfortunately and noone congratulates you if you fuck hot women.
Social profile is important,you have to be PC etc,not really break the established rules.
Society will punish you sooner or later if you break societal rules.But if you are hard working,relevant,fast and have influence they take you seriously.You have to be really good,make an impression.
Also pay them 40% tax and social security etc,to accept you.This is selbstverständlich.You have to make for them about 300000 euro per year to let you with 100000 netto.If you are not P.C,with fat wife,kids,local connections etc.It is the Germanic system but it works good,based on maximization.If you do not fill the standard you pay a tax to society to let you make money.The point is to get maximum performance and gain from the most working and competent men and then redistribute it,so everyone is benefited.There are lots of rules to achieve that.
It is complicated it is part of Germanic civilization.
It is historical process you cannot do lots to overthrow that because the interested parts have long term agreements historically bound and fest.
It is how the society functions,they never had slaves in Germanic world like us in Mediteranean,so everyone has rights which is incomprehensible in other countries.
Greek kamaki, I guess you were running this through an online translator, nevertheless that's the real story behind the idea to leave corporate world behind and go about doing your own thing.

I remember as recently as 2016 when I was working as an external consultant in banking, I really had to lie a lot about my "wonderful" personal life and downgraded a lot to getting married soon, haha, certainly never. Anyhow it was necessary to be accepted by colleagues who run through their miserable life on a daily basis till they nail close their coffin.
You see all these fat women talking all the time about their kids,always on phone doing nothing,falling ill all the time,minimum work and still being popular and socially acceptable while as work dog you get the dick as we say always under the microscope and critique for every small detail without the right to express yourself really.Double standards situation social profile plays huge role.There is a law that individual performance is not measurable!It is true though unbelievable.But mistakes are accounted to the person!They do not measure the performance but they measure the mistakes.But in financial they measure the performance as a whole not to disturb the individuals.Delegation,Aufgabe Erteilung,Zuständigkeit etc.Generally lots and lots of manipulations.
The Anglosaxons were the only ones to measure individual performance objectively which is total shit by Germanic standards since it leads to slavery.

In forums we say what we think really because it is anonymous,in real world we would get punished.You have always to take the different interests and sides into account,to be selbstbewußt as they say.To respect all sides and all sources of power and balance.
Generally the Anglosaxons underestimate the power of Balkans and Slavs,the boost we have given to German economy.They see it as weakness but in reality we have given them depth and resources.
Greek kamaki, you are German, right? Life must be miserable there. I am German but left in 1993,thank God
(08-17-2020, 03:51 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote: You see all these fat women talking all the time about their kids,always on phone doing nothing,falling ill all the time,minimum work and still being popular and socially acceptable while as work dog you get the dick as we say always under the microscope and critique for every small detail without the right to express yourself really.Double standards situation social profile plays huge role.There is a law that individual  performance is not measurable!It is true though unbelievable.But mistakes are accounted to the person!They do not measure the performance but they measure the mistakes.But in financial they measure the performance as a whole not to disturb the individuals.Delegation,Aufgabe Erteilung,Zuständigkeit etc.Generally lots and lots of manipulations.
The Anglosaxons were the only ones to measure individual performance objectively which is total shit by Germanic standards since it leads to slavery.

In forums we say what we think really because it is anonymous,in real world we would get punished.You have always to take the different interests and sides into account,to be selbstbewußt as they say.To respect all sides and all sources of power and balance.
Generally the Anglosaxons underestimate the power of Balkans and Slavs,the boost we have given to German economy.They see it as weakness but in reality we have given them depth and resources.

Very interesting. Can you share some forums where people are discussing their work experiences anonymously?
(08-17-2020, 04:32 PM)El Puto Loco Wrote: Greek kamaki, you are German, right? Life must be miserable there. I am German but left in 1993,thank God

I am not German,I am Greek having emigrated to Germany but sometimes the situation here is unbearable so many rights and conflicts of power and you are always sandwiched in the middle trying to balance the different sides.
I swear a lot,now German collegues at work sometimes use my expressions in Greek.A problem in Germany is that all stand strong on their side,noone retreats a bit,to do some Erleichterung as we say in Greece.Step a bit back,I also step a bit back and the work is done.They support their sides hartnäckig.They also never admit mistakes,and want everything according to rules and procedures.If you bend the rules it is on your own risk.If the result is good,noone will complain but you will not get a praise neither.But if the result is bad,good luck.Noone will support you,everything is on your risk.
The more capable you are the more obligations they give you,so many rules,tasks and obligations and you have to act fast and on scedule,mechanically.Mistakes are not excused or forgiven.
They say Rechtstaat but they apply the rules for everyone differently.It is very personalized.Apart from the general laws and rules.
Another problem is that many many people hide behind rules or try to exploit the system and this is ärgerlich.I say re malaka,you are foreigner you came here one year ago and you think you can exploit the system?Who you think you are?Who gave you this right?But many see it different they view the land as cow to milk.
If Greeks do that I see it as lack of honour and embarassing,they do not deserve to be called Greeks if they try to exploit the system instead of contributing and giving power to system.
Most Greeks are depressed here,mainly due to lack of sun,sea,strong coffee and tasty food.Working conditions,infrastructure and salaries are good but the rest weather,women,food,entertainment not so good.Also the mentality is very very different.They see things completely different from us.In Mediteranean you have more humanistic approach and relaxation,leisure,fun,they see things more mechanically,reasonable,realistic and rigid.

For Mediteraneans it is boring but the wages are much higher so it is worth emigrating if you do not have high income in the South.
If you are capable to work,hard working and family man,respectful,disciplined,serious etc,Germany is ideal country.Inner qualities play a role how you adapt and get accepted.If you are free fucker or loose,flowers on my dick as we say,it is not so easy to integrate.Also if you are nationalist,Great Greek,speak only Greek,eat only Greek food,have only Greek friends and go only to Greek cafes and tavernas,then it is very difficult to integrate but many Greeks do exactly that.
Good for you, but from all I am reading including the important German words, I can see, you become German, step back and regain your Greek easiness of life. German life is utterly boring
(08-17-2020, 03:09 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote: You can make this money but you have to work long hours and it is important what you do on your free time as well,your social profile and connections.

Dude, that sucks.  I'd be busting ass everyday to find a way to beat that system.  Luckily, I am co-author of How to Survive and Thrive in Corporate America Without Doing Shit.
Having worked in Germany I can relate to what Kamaki mentions, what I hated was the lack of flexibility, you have to stick to the script, even if you come up with a better solution and prove that it works better they still want to stick to the initial plan. They are also very demanding and don’t thank you if you do a good job, especially if you are foreigner, I could tell it was painful for them to see a foreigner not even speaking their language but having a good expertise in his field. They have this excessive german pride...

The positive side is they never disrespect you and are usually kind of forward, they usually don’t behave like sneaky foxes and aren’t lazy, which unfortunately seems to be the norm in the mediterranean.

Overall if you work hard and respect the rules you can have a materially decent life (with no passion and no surprises), just don’t expect to become rich in Germany.
The Germans usually hate it when people find, what they call 'Gesetzesluecke' and people who try to outsmart the system. I read about a German guy who went to Panama, exactly for this reason TAXES. All I could read was people saying, but when he gets in his 60s he will come back to Germany and take advantage of our social security.
These Germans would DREAM to have such a life, but due to being to PC and brainwashed (won't enter into details as it will get too political), they lack this confidence to sometimes outsmart the system. And of course you must get the newest phone, the newest car etc. In Eastern Germany or former DDR it might be a bit different.

The Germans who work here in Luxembourg, they are very much to the point and behave how it is expected from them, that's why they get higher jobs, but are never in the HIGHEST position, while the French usually do the lowest jobs here, as they are seen as less trustworthy in that regards. French taxes are however one of the highest I have seen, just like Belgium too and they tax everything. The weirdest German tax I ever heard of is the Rundfunkbeitrag. In Belgium I think they have a radio tax.

The system here in Luxembourg is good if you are into real estate for instance, you can sell it after 2 years and not pay much taxes, but as for the rest, it is better to move out and do that with Panama if you want to live tax free. The problem is that our tax laws are so archaic and it will always depend on the person who is in charge, that is if you choose to open a business. But if, let's say you keep the address of your parents, move somewhere else, earn less than 12000 Euros a year (officially) you can still claim certain benefits and you have to pay almost zero taxes. The question then is...are you comfortable just earning a limited amount of money or will you choose to hide things? Living with 12000 Euros a year in Luxembourg will make you almost homeless.
There are some principles in Germany.
1.The procedure to do the job is as important as the job done
2.Nichts dokumentiert nichts passiert(whatever is not documented,has not happened).Need to write everything down.So to allow easy control of actions and responcibilities.
3.Aufgaben Erteilung.How the different tasks are aknowledged to people,with the most important question wer ist zuständig?(who is responsible).
4.Delegation.Giving tasks to others.
5.Überprüfung.Examing the validity of information.
6.Verbot.Obstruction of action to defend certain interest.
Etc
Generally they are very intelligent and organized folks.The general concept is how to gain from everyone the maximum possible according to his capabilities and then redistribute for the benefit of the many.So there is a system put in place.
There are lots of standards to be kept and of course procedures to be followed.They always think in procedures and rules.Then punishment is important.Breaking of the law is seen as personal insult since the part regards that his interests as citizen are violated,so he reports the violation in order for the responsible part to be punished and correct his action.They like laws,rules,procedures and punishment,discipline because it heightens the wealth,product quality and living standards.If they go abroad they are afraid their rights will be violated due to lack of action,reporting,documentation,punishment,enforcement of law etc.
(08-18-2020, 11:45 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote: There are some principles in Germany.
2.Nichts dokumentiert nichts passiert(whatever is not documented,has not happened).Need to write everything down.So to allow easy control of actions and responcibilities.
3.Aufgaben Erteilung.How the different tasks are aknowledged to people,with the most important question wer ist zuständig?(who is responsible).
Etc

This brings a tear to my eye. Truly no other nation has reached the sublime Vernunft, Verantwortung, and Ordnung of Germany. Japan is the equivalent in Asia. Unfortunate they lost to the Americans (apart from the Nazi stuff).

And you betrayers have no appreciation for you own heritage. Instead you heroize the insufferably ad-hoc, piecemeal, self-interested US culture for some grubby tax dollars.
(08-18-2020, 01:24 PM)churros Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 11:45 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote: There are some principles in Germany.
Etc

This brings a tear to my eye. Truly no other nation has reached the sublime Vernunft, Verantwortung, and Ordnung of Germany. Japan is the equivalent in Asia. Unfortunate they lost to the Americans (apart from the Nazi stuff).

And you betrayers have no appreciation for you own heritage. Instead you heroize the insufferably ad-hoc, piecemeal, self-interested US culture for some grubby tax dollars.

The greatest travesty of the 20th century was the dick-measuring contest between England and Germany. It created the nazi problem. If Germany had been allowed to flourish, world would be a much better place today.
The thread headline reads how to make 150k...

It became a "how to beat the system in Germany" while making 150k+

If I would have in fact worked for a full year I would have made €270,000 on a yearly basis, but exactly because of such dumb system as Obermarshall (i salute) pointed out, it's a rigged system and nobody cares about you as an individual. I couldn't handle that job for more than 3 months at a time but as an external consultant you can simply quit after each quarter and leave, no pain no gain just come back another time for another project. Deutsche Bank is a hit for such jobs. As they are running the bank more and more into debt, more expert external consultant are needed to fix the crap those employees create. Even now as Deutsche Bank has such debt piled up they let go internals and keep replacing them with external expensive consultant jobs, just because it looks cleaner on the balance sheet for the stupid investors, go figure.

Me and my friend we found the "Gesetzesluecke" over the years
Back on topic and leave the politics for your tea dates with your pals at home guys.
Man....this is depressing reading this thread. I mean...fuckin happy for you guys raking in that kind of dough. I am 26....and would give my left nut to make that jack.

My background:
-studied finance, graduated early (tbh wish I didn't go to college)
-series 7 and 63

Have had many shit blue collar jobs. Was recently in financial services, but left because my broker dealer were a bunch of fraud. Willing to put in the work, I just don't know what path to take. Fuck man.

edit: are you guys business owners or what? have thought about doing ecom....coding is another thing i've thought about (fucking boring tbh)......i mostly just trade.

It's nice to hear from rich anons. Seeing what's possible gives me hope.

Specifically can anyone speak on the type of businesses these rich anons start.....I have no idea what route to go down. Again, have thought about E-com......also what is starting capital for these guys? Are they taking out loans....I know interest rates are nice. Appreciate any feedback.