How COVID-19 will impact big cities on a game level, NYC worth it?
When I see footage like that on twitter. I am waiting for guys to start reinacting the gunfight from the bank robbery in the movie Heat. But no one has been doing that. So much for the throwdown.
(07-02-2020, 04:56 AM)Suits Wrote: No point in arguing with these guys. Just report the political posts. Rottenapple will take care of it.

I'm on topic.
The topic is "How COVID-19 will impact big cities on a game level, NYC worth it?"
I might of said something some guys don't want to hear, but if I can't talk about it here freely, if we're going to cancel each other because we're head in the sand about the world, then delete the whole thread. COVID-19 is definitely a political issue.

Meanwhile. I've been personally attacked on the forum (which shouldn't be tolerated anywhere), and the moderators are probably high on dope or something.
They can suck their 50% warning.
(05-25-2020, 10:35 PM)Cypres Hill Chill Wrote: So I moved to NYC in early 2018 because I was tired of what life had for me in my old city. I am originally from the south (Texan but family moved to GA when I was 14) and after their mid-twenties, people rush to get married and have kids. If you approach 30 without a kid and a wife, people start to look at you weird. Social life was rough for me before I moved to NYC too, people were more closed off if you did not grow up near them and since I was from more of an impoverished small town as opposed to a suburb of a major city, that created a barrier.

Come to NYC and my life turns around, been with over 50 different women since and have made at least 10 good friends, two who I plan on traveling with in the future. 

COVID-19 has seriously fucked the city for now though. The homeless are getting more aggressive when I am out, people are more on edge, and nightlife will likely not be the same for the rest of 2020 at least. Some of what I came to the city for such as hot single women, favorable ratios, wild parties, great nightlife, and shit to do is going to be impacted a lot.

A good number of my friends have gone to Florida, south Florida at that, and are living it up on the beach. Some have gone to Texas where nightlife is opening up and everyone seems to not give a fuck about COVID-19. 

With remote work becoming more of a norm, I wonder if people will have an incentive to even move to NYC for career goals. It made me wonder, could certain types of beach towns and such now become a place to be in long-term as an American who wants to live that partying lifestyle while getting laid too? Will this make the 20-something singles population consider taking the party to these towns and places as opposed to being in NYC?

My lease expires on October 1st of this year, want to know if it is worth renewing now.

(07-02-2020, 01:26 AM)churros Wrote: Jesus christ, you politics posters need to stay out of the travel forum. Nobody wants to hear your conspiracy theories about the future of NYC.

My posts in this thread did have "swooping" and "gaming" in mind.  I'm thinking of the trickle down effect of the larger chaos & what it will have on the masses & the social scene on the ground including online dating.  A lot of women directly or indirectly are referencing their opinion on things these days too (especially COVID-19) so you should be prepared to answer accordingly.  Maybe you're a bit younger than me, but I remember the days when I used to party in cities like NYC, Chicago, etc. & this societal stuff was a mere afterthought save for say looking back a few years (at that time) on 9/11 or maybe Occupy Wall Street to a small degree.  My biggest concern was spitting game at the mamis on the dancefloor or rallying the fellas together for some occasional bottle service or lining up a spot to after party.  I've tried to fend off the eventual red pilling as much as I can but I only can to a certain extent.

I also look at things from a business perspective.  What are the businesses & even some of the corporations in the local area doing?  Is NYC conducive to starting or operating a business?  To me, business success or the ability to run successful business in said area will often have a correlation to the possibility of one's happiness & ability to have a decent social life in said area as well.  Granted, maybe this will change and be decentralized more as folks get to work remotely more than ever before.
(07-02-2020, 04:56 AM)Suits Wrote: No point in arguing with these guys. Just report the political posts. Rottenapple will take care of it.

(07-02-2020, 01:26 AM)churros Wrote: Jesus christ, you politics posters need to stay out of the travel forum. Nobody wants to hear your conspiracy theories about the future of NYC.

Why would either of you direct this sentiment toward specific posters when the OP very blatantly asked others to speculate on something that has become a very well politicized subject?  You should be taking issue with this entire thread as opposed to picking and choosing what you feel is appropriate for the community.  This whole thread is centered around a well politicized pandemic and the future effects of it on game.  The entire thing is political.
"I'm not worried if they get pregnant. That is what they are made for. They will figure it out."

-Mister Happy
(07-02-2020, 04:11 AM)fullthrottle Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 04:06 AM)AirWaves Wrote: Lol, quite ironic that you talk about leaving NYC the way some posters you dislike talk about leaving the West

I love America.
It pains me that this is happening.

Sounds like you have one-itis for her.

Game isn't just about girls.

(07-02-2020, 04:37 PM)el_hefe Wrote:

Why would either of you direct this sentiment toward specific posters when the OP very blatantly asked others to speculate on something that has become a very well politicized subject?  You should be taking issue with this entire thread as opposed to picking and choosing what you feel is appropriate for the community.  This whole thread is centered around a well politicized pandemic and the future effects of it on game.  The entire thing is political.

I don't think something like "girls have been skittish due to the virus" would be political.

RA, you rock.
Edit, messed up quote "One thing it does have going for it is hot poon from all over the world. In the US at least, it is top-notch in that respect."

And what else does a man need?  Wink
To visit, to live, NYC is probably not worth it right now, still. Hotels are significantly cheaper than usual but not a great deal. I'm only there because I need to be. Less than half the people on the streets are wearing masks but still a large majority of hot girls are which complicates pickup. There are virtually no tourist girls on the streets, I opened dozens last week and all were local. Tourists are the easy bangs, at least in my experience. ROI for daygame is much lower than usual IMO but is still possible to pull. Rooftop bars are just now opening but when I was in it was date nights only, very strict on masks unless you're sitting at tables, etc. Agree bums, aggression and crime are noticeably up, but that's whatever. If you can pull online, that's obviously the best place to be these days.
(05-25-2020, 10:35 PM)Cypres Hill Chill Wrote: So I moved to NYC in early 2018 because I was tired of what life had for me in my old city. I am originally from the south (Texan but family moved to GA when I was 14) and after their mid-twenties, people rush to get married and have kids. If you approach 30 without a kid and a wife, people start to look at you weird. Social life was rough for me before I moved to NYC too, people were more closed off if you did not grow up near them and since I was from more of an impoverished small town as opposed to a suburb of a major city, that created a barrier.

Come to NYC and my life turns around, been with over 50 different women since and have made at least 10 good friends, two who I plan on traveling with in the future. 

COVID-19 has seriously fucked the city for now though. The homeless are getting more aggressive when I am out, people are more on edge, and nightlife will likely not be the same for the rest of 2020 at least. Some of what I came to the city for such as hot single women, favorable ratios, wild parties, great nightlife, and shit to do is going to be impacted a lot.

A good number of my friends have gone to Florida, south Florida at that, and are living it up on the beach. Some have gone to Texas where nightlife is opening up and everyone seems to not give a fuck about COVID-19. 

With remote work becoming more of a norm, I wonder if people will have an incentive to even move to NYC for career goals. It made me wonder, could certain types of beach towns and such now become a place to be in long-term as an American who wants to live that partying lifestyle while getting laid too? Will this make the 20-something singles population consider taking the party to these towns and places as opposed to being in NYC?

My lease expires on October 1st of this year, want to know if it is worth renewing now.

(07-02-2020, 02:42 PM)fullthrottle Wrote:

I'm on topic.
The topic is "How COVID-19 will impact big cities on a game level, NYC worth it?"
I might of said something some guys don't want to hear, but if I can't talk about it here freely, if we're going to cancel each other because we're head in the sand about the world, then delete the whole thread. COVID-19 is definitely a political issue.

Meanwhile. I've been personally attacked on the forum (which shouldn't be tolerated anywhere), and the moderators are probably high on dope or something.
They can suck their 50% warning.

Hold your head up high bro, I think you're one of the most valued contributors to this forum hands down.  This squabble can be easily resolved.  We're men after all, right guys?
(05-30-2020, 03:50 PM)Cypres Hill Chill Wrote: I might save less but man you cannot buy back time. I have seen what happened to the guy's at Roosh's forum and how miserable life after 30 is if you want to have tons of sex, make lots of new friends, and party.

I think there's a couple very different types of people who get into game.

(1) You've got the (so called) nice guys who just never clued into the unspoken rules of social interaction and what actually causes a woman to be attracted to a man. Game for them is a chance to totally re-think how people interact and how people go from being strangers to intimate (both physically and emotionally). A lot of these guys are fairly balanced as people and have a mostly healthy lifestyle. They tend to have some friends and are just struggling to make things happen on the girl front.

(2) Guys who have something fundamental missing from them. They may never get past that missing piece. Game is a band-aid for these guys, but it doesn't fix the underlying problems.

(3) Guys who have natural social awareness and have never struggled to get laid, but just want to bring their game to a higher level.

We saw all three types on RVF. Many of Types 1 and 2 grew over time and when they started to age out of their 20's many diversified their interests to new challenges beyond just banging women. They started focusing on building a business or just enjoy hobbies/a fun lifestyle. Some of these guys established long term exclusive relationships or even got married and had kids.

This wasn't an option for the Type 2 guys, because unless they'd dealt with the underlying issues they struggled with, nothing really left them feeling satisfied. They could have normal relationships with both men and women, so they tended to not have friends who encouraged healthy behaviour and their relationships with individual women never became solid. Most healthy women instinctively steered clear of them, so they had no choice but to try to grow relationships with women who were also fundamentally flawed. Obviously, this was about as successful as you would expect.

My point is that for most balanced, healthy men, their priorities change when they get into their thirties and they start looking for quality and stability over short-term endorphin rushes. Partying and constantly meeting new people becomes less appealing and they start focusing more on enduring friendships with people with whom they share strong mutual respect.

If they implemented game correctly (and made it work for them, rather than always needing to work for them), getting girls has stopped being a challenge and having one main girl they really like or having a couple plates just comes naturally. Their lifestyle is such that they tend to meet women without putting a ton of extra time into it and they're focusing on other challenges, typically in a career area or maybe some passion projects.

If you get to your thirties and you have a strong need to chase constant stimulation like a university student, you may want to consider the possibility if you have an unresolved underlying issue that you should start looking at and seeking to heal.
I don't see NYC going back to what it was in the 70's. A lot of small businesses have absolutely been hurt by the lockdowns, but there has been too much money and attention on the city within the past 2 decades for it to revert to the dilapidated states that you saw in several neighborhoods (many now genrified) in the early 90's and before. That being said, I do think some younger Americans will pass on NYC, but not that many. A lot of people don't necessarily move to NYC for career reasons but for the social and status aspects of just being there, which is why you see so many people irrationally tolerating the crappy quality of life they get for what they pay in the city. Tourism is halted, but it'll quickly come back when the city truly opens up again. As for the foreigners, they will return when things are more in the clear (if they don't already have residence in the city). Let's not underestimate how much foreigners love NYC and have this glittering image of the city that transcends the reality.