Skincare Thread
Realized we didn't have a thread on this topic so here goes...

The past year or so I've been using Kiehl's sunscreen/moisturizer. It's been reasonably good, but I still have some issues with dry skin (due to climate) and some acne scarring and have been wanting to try something else.

Any recommendations?
Coconut oil.

It has never disappointed me but the trick is to apply it often which I see very few people besides myself doing.
The winters in Scandinavia tends to fuck up ones skin with all the dry air and I often get red ugly skin because of it. It can be solved within 2 days if I apply coconut oil several times during the day. Not just once a day at night but every 3-4 hours or so.

Interesting is also that I've never met a woman who agrees with me on this. I think they're too caught up in myths and what's fashionable and they will have Chanel's skincare product one year and then the next one they have Kylie Jenner's one because some magazine told them so.
But I've never seen the point of buying overpriced shit that claims to give all those amazing benefits thanks to their special formula of chemicals when you can actually get something great which is natural and cheap. In a year or so that expensive skincare product is typically replaced anyway by the next new fashionable thing.

So just fucking stick with coconut oil for $ 5 for a can!
You can also use it to get better teeth, cooking, sunscreen, improve your hair health, wound healing, repel insects, remove stains, deoderant, get better nails, get shiny furniture or hell, you can even use it as lube or put it on your dick after you rawdogged some hoe and want to prevent a STD.
"you can even use it as lube or put it on your dick after you rawdogged some hoe and want to prevent a STD"

I can certify that this method works.
Coconut oil is also a great lubricants for sex, I find many water-based lubricants like KY unpleasant, it's like it gets sticky when applied outside the pussy, and once inside the pussy, it is too slippery to feel much. Coconut oil is one of the best out there, although I never purchased it myself. I wasn't sure where to find it even.
Is this now a lube thread? If so I recommend making your own by boiling flax seeds for 20 minutes. Better than most lubes I've tried and way cheaper.
I've been meaning to start one for a long time.

For dry skin, try a moisturizer that includes ceramides or similar. CeraVe is the drugstore brand that you can find, but The Ordinary also makes a cheap one called "Natural Moisturizer Factors + HA" that I use. (The Ordinary is a brand that produces very specific products in what are thought to be clinical concentrations at rock-bottom prices, so you can pick and choose what you want. It's like "Ingredient X, 2% concentration" for $5, not "Ingredient X in a secret concentration with seven different botanicals and green tea extract" for $50.)

Another approach to dry skin would be to use a light oil at night. The Ordinary, "Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F". Vitamin C and other antioxidants help to mop up free radicals caused by sun exposure that do damage to the skin over time if left unchecked, so while there's some controversy over which forms of topical Vitamin C work, this product is suspended in jojoba oil ("Vitamin F", fatty acids). Two or three drops will cover your face and absorb. Vitamin C may also help reduce pigmentation caused by acne scarring over time.

For getting more aggressive with acne scarring, peels are popular, but I don't know as much about those and you'd need to do some reading. The Ordinary does have a ton of affordable peel products.
Although it's not a very popular topic, the single biggest determinant of healthy skin is diet. 

Dairy has been linked to acne, and inflammation from other types of foods will also create problems. 

For dryness, trying examining your diet for diuretics such as too much coffee, alcohol, etc. 

Another problem is under consumption of alkaline foods (i.e. green vegetables) relative to more acidic foods and drinks.
(05-21-2020, 12:43 PM)Jetset Wrote: I've been meaning to start one for a long time.

For dry skin, try a moisturizer that includes ceramides or similar. CeraVe is the drugstore brand that you can find, but The Ordinary also makes a cheap one called "Natural Moisturizer Factors + HA" that I use. (The Ordinary is a brand that produces very specific products in what are thought to be clinical concentrations at rock-bottom prices, so you can pick and choose what you want. It's like "Ingredient X, 2% concentration" for $5, not "Ingredient X in a secret concentration with seven different botanicals and green tea extract" for $50.)

Another approach to dry skin would be to use a light oil at night. The Ordinary, "Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F". Vitamin C and other antioxidants help to mop up free radicals caused by sun exposure that do damage to the skin over time if left unchecked, so while there's some controversy over which forms of topical Vitamin C work, this product is suspended in jojoba oil ("Vitamin F", fatty acids). Two or three drops will cover your face and absorb. Vitamin C may also help reduce pigmentation caused by acne scarring over time.

For getting more aggressive with acne scarring, peels are popular, but I don't know as much about those and you'd need to do some reading. The Ordinary does have a ton of affordable peel products.

I second this...I bought a ton of shit from The Ordinary a couple months ago and it's a solid product line with an unbeatable price.  Much of the skin care market and is overpriced and overhyped anyway.
(05-21-2020, 08:01 PM)LeBeau Wrote: Although it's not a very popular topic, the single biggest determinant of healthy skin is diet. 

Dairy has been linked to acne, and inflammation from other types of foods will also create problems. 

For dryness, trying examining your diet for diuretics such as too much coffee, alcohol, etc. 

Another problem is under consumption of alkaline foods (i.e. green vegetables) relative to more acidic foods and drinks.

I think you're on the right track man, the substance of your post, esp. the stuff about dairy.

A lot of it is attributable to diet. Has anyone see how hot Liz Hurley looks for being 50+? holy hell! (forgetting for a moment about cosmetic surgery, botox, etc)

I think so much can be pinned on diet and alcohol. Drugs and smoking for that matter too.

I do not know the numbers off the top of my head, and I'm departing from the subject of the thread for a moment, but I'll return right back: women now weigh 165 lbs on avg, which is the avg weight of a man from the 60's. Weight and diet are what it's all about. Back to the topic:

The hottest women, esp. older (which is more indicative of where your woman is headed) eat good diets. Salads, no smoking, whole grains, eat a shit ton of veggies and fruits. Very limited dairy and red meat consumption.

I look extremely young for my age. I believe it is genetics, so I don't indulge in a skin care routine. You can make your skin look better by living in a humid climate for one. Two, sunscreen if you're getting a lot of sun exposure. Three, avoid smoking or lots of alcohol.

When younger I had huge issues with acne, and I used the proactive shit, it took care of it. That was all it took, but I didn't have severe-level acne or anything like that.

This is anecdotal but I think a lot of this shit is cured via adequate water intake.
"Everything I found out, I want to forget."

Taking a shvitz on the regular will improve skin health. Its basically exercise for your pores.
Everyone who tried a month without sugar will be able to testify how it does wonders for your skin.
Wanted to add some value to the forum, thank you for giving me an outlet to share my views with liked minded people.

My background: Had acne problems since 3rd grade, ultra high T levels (not sure, might be tho) and had huge ass pimples like looked like balloons. Popped them and ended up with many acne scars, all kinds. I could tell it made a negative impression meeting bitches in person for the first time, they'd just look at my face for a couple of seconds and their facial/body language changed against my favor. That's how I learned to spit good game, and sometimes that didn't work. Eventually started making super THICCC stacks thanks to Uncle Scotian preaching the virtues of the oilfield. Researched the best dermatologists in The Great State of Texas and I found her. Bigly ballers and yummy MILFs go to her. Finally went to her office, got treatment for my scars, and she employee dropped a bit information through our quick sessions. Info that now I will share with you, for free.

Now, back to the program. First and foremost...I insist you, the reader, play this in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjKNbfA64EE

Part I: Basic Skincare
  • You only have one body, don't be cheap: I've seen people walk in to get their skin fixed because they went to a cheap place where they have $50 botox/filler/chemical peels only to get a skin reaction or procedure gone wrong. So now they have to spend more money on a real professional because some random from Facebook or Instagram fucked up their skin or used cheap/unknown products. Do your research before picking a dermatologist. It's money well spent, worry free, and I never once had to think "what if I had gone to the better doctor? Would I have gotten better results?".
  • Wash your face with cleanser! Seriously brahs, stop using soap and your skin can get quite dirty. Soap is too raw for your face, it's like using a 25 cent gas station condom. 
  • Ceravé vs Cetaphil: I've found Cerave to be much better, less oily when it comes to their moisturizers and the cleanser actually makes my face feel clean. 
  • Hydrate and rest yourself: Great skin means taking care of yourself which includes drinking plenty of water and resting....if you don't rest you'll age quickly.
  • Moist, moist, moist! Why do I push moisturizing so much? Because you'll look much youthful, healthy, and radiant. Dry skin is unhealthy, ages you faster, and makes you looking more tired. You'll can avoid hitting the wall by keeping your skin moist. Naturally oily skin is not moist, it's unhealthy. 
  • Quit popping your pimples: You're going to end up with nasty ass scars that will be expensive to remove. 
  • Live in a humid area? You're blessed. People who have been in humid areas long term tend to have better skin as the humidity keeps their skin moist. Look at people in Houston, their skin is healthy for the most part. 
  • Apply sunscreen. UV rays and the sun will age you quickly. Apply as needed. Have you seen how white beach-loving women look in their 40s? Their skin is all burned up and wrinkly. Not to mention you're more likely to catch cancer. Being out in the sun will dry out your skin. Dry skin = aging skin. Have you noticed how many times I've inferred moist skin? 
  • Handle any changes to your diet or skincare routine like fixing a PC part, one thing at a time. If something goes wrong, it's easier to pinpoint the issue and quit the product or food. 
  • Research before traveling to ensure the products you use will be available there or can be purchased at a reasonable price. My Hydroboost product costs $15 in Texas for 3.4 ounces. In Mexico? $22 USD for 1.8oz. So I was paying 50% more for 50% less product. If I had bought 3 unit in Texas it would have offset the checked baggage fee. I bought 4 during in Mexico, a couple of REEEEEEEEEEEE incidents took place. 

(Play the Bateman video again, please)

My routine:
  1. Wakey wakey, shower, and lathe face with a baby wash cloth. usually helps get some of the heavy dead cells out. 
  2. Get out of the shower, wash face with Cerave Foam Cleanser, apply a moisturizer, let it dry (15-20 mins), apply sunscreen.
  3. Repeat applying sunscreen as needed if outside.
  4. Wash my face and applying moisturizer after working out. 
  5. Wash and moisturize as soon as I get home if no workout, or before going to bed if I worked out. Ideally you want to do it at least every 12 hours.
  6. If needed, apply moisturizer throughout the day. 
Your pores are going to be clogged with sweat which might increase breakouts, especially if you were outside and have dust/dirt, mosquitoes, or random shit on your skin plus sweat. Clogged pores will result in the same acne breakout as if you ate a bunch of Hot Cheetos, peanut butter, or whatever shitty food you love to eat. Do you really want to keep up a clean diet only to have pimples because you were too lazy to wash your face? 

Recommended Products (that I've used): Choose the right products unless you want to break out or look extra dry. The ones with a * are the ones currently on my counter. The 3.4oz Hydroboost usually lasts me 10 days and I'm not shy about liberally applying that shit. My sister copied my Biore and Hydroboost products, if her approval matters to you. Korean products have popped up on my radar recently, might try them out and test back with you guys but I dunno about trying some weird Asian shit....that's how the ModeloVirus started. 

What about luxury skincare products (Baxter of California, Chanel, Tom Ford, Skinmedica, MDR)? 
Overpriced for the most part with minimal increase in ROI, especially the mid-range products like Baxter. Most of the ingredients are the same, you're paying extra for a label. Having too many products on your face will clog your pores, appear when sweaty, or result in a long routine. That being said, Tom Ford and Chanel make some fantastic products though, you will definitely feel the difference but it's more of a luxury. Chanel's moisturizer for men goes for $110 for 1.8oz. Is it nice? Yes. Does it offer 8x better than Hydroboost? That depends on the person. On another level, in a more b2b or MD2MD grade category, are Skinmedica and MDRejuvena products. My ex tried them, I used it once and it works really good. Expensive af, but very rich in hydration. That woman was in her 40s and she literally looked in her late 20s. The MDR product was mostly used after chem peels, helped with the redness and despite $100 for 1.7oz, a small pea covers a large area. 

Basically, if the best dermatologist office is telling me to use Neutrogena and not Chanel...I guess it's because Neutrogena does a job good for them. I'll ask again next time what her recommended routine would be based on a "baller/unlimited budget" and maybe I'll get a different answer.

Has anything changed since taking care of my skin? 
Yeah. Depending on lighting conditions, at times you can't even tell acne scars. Skin looks fresh and smooth af. People don't give me a Confused face anymore when they meet me. Actually I get compliments on how my skin looks so radiant and fresh/young. Girls have actually told me "you had acne scars? wow, I can't really tell". Hydroboost before dates is obligatory for me. Also, women like a man that takes care of himself. People who have known me for years are surprised how my skin looks clear and different than before. Most importantly, I unknowingly used skincare as form of game and financial virtue signaling. WallStreetPlayboys mentioned it years back, being healthy is a discrete way of showing wealth. Bitches see me getting treatments, buying products, they know I have the means and am spending beaucoup $$$. They ask me about what I am doing, how much it costs, who is the doctor, or I simply just tag the place/city in my posts. So far, they all run away when I mention the price but complain about their OTC products like proactive don't work. Some have suggested coming along with me so they can get a taste....I dangle the carrot but never give them the dream. Managed to snag this girl who never read my DM. Suddenly, after I posted a post-treatment story she messaged me. Soon she was willing to meet, hang out, and fuck. Hella good smashing for a good couple of months, I only paid for margaritas and appetizers. 

I'll make another post later regarding Fraxel/Skinpen treatments to get rid of acne marks and Botox. I tried Botox once for the hell of it, didn't work at all for me even after I went back a month later to get a touch up for free. My resting bitch face is too powerful I guess. Gotta check and see if I can find some before and after skin pictures.
I have noticed low stress is absolutely paramount to good skin. The times my skin always looks like it’s flawless and glowing is when I have regular sex (this does wonders but masterbation does the opposite), am spending a lot of time outdoors, chilling with people. The worst skin condition I had was during university exam season. Also, having a fringe or long hair makes my skin even more oily and produces spots, so I recommend keeping hair shorter. Also, spending a lot of time on the computer or on your phone seems to give you tons of spots
(05-21-2020, 12:43 PM)Jetset Wrote: For getting more aggressive with acne scarring, peels are popular, but I don't know as much about those and you'd need to do some reading. The Ordinary does have a ton of affordable peel products.

For acne scarring and PIH specifically, The Ordinary's Lactic Acid 5% has worked wonders in reducing their visibility for me, and I saw clear results after day one.

I apply roughly six drops of it to my face right before adding moisturizer at night and do it once a week, although you could apply it to your face everyday since it exfoliates your skin in a very gentle manner.
(05-30-2020, 09:26 PM)Gwynbleidd Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 12:43 PM)Jetset Wrote: For getting more aggressive with acne scarring, peels are popular, but I don't know as much about those and you'd need to do some reading. The Ordinary does have a ton of affordable peel products.

For acne scarring and PIH specifically, The Ordinary's Lactic Acid 5% has worked wonders in reducing their visibility for me, and I saw clear results after day one.

I apply roughly six drops of it to my face right before adding moisturizer at night and do it once a week, although you could apply it to your face everyday since it exfoliates your skin in a very gentle manner.

Can you run us through your process? I might get some and try it out.
Part II: Acne Scarring Removal

Fraxel: Basically your face will have a warm laser that peels/burns your skin so new skin can come up. You will be sedated to not feel pain while your face is heated up. Your doctor will not go ahead with the procedure if you do not bring someone to take you home, Uber doesn't count (this is to avoid liability). Not recommended for those with dark skin. Much faster results than fraxel but the downtime is about 2 weeks of avoiding sun exposure. You can go outside after day 10ish and applying sunscreen but it's risky. Works really good tho, takes about 30-45mins. Cost is about $550-750 a treatment depending on the place's reputation.

Skinpen: Basically it's a thick device that resembles a pen, it has a micro needle at the bottom. It creates small holes in your skin to make new skin surface, removing any scarring as the old scarred skin is layered underneath. Think of it as paving a road multiple times. Treatment varies from 5-8 visits depending on your scarring and the device the dermatologist has, some of them have needles that can go deeper for faster/better results. They use a numbing cream so your face doesn't feel the needle poking your face. Sometimes it did feel intense, she went deep but that's good because she's trying to remove more scarring. Can't be afraid your whole life. Works on brown/black skin, less recovery time (1 week) than Fraxel, a bit cheaper, and takes about 20 minutes. I did 6 treatments and my skin looks radiant af a month later. Cost is about $400-500 a treatment. I've seen some places offer Skinpen for 270.....

Things that applies to both: A dermatologist consultation is needed before either one and she will recommend which one is best but it's up to you if you want to go with cheaper Skinpen or intense Fraxel. You cannot go outside after treatment. Your skin will experience hyper pigmentation and result in needing more treatment, which is expensive and prolonging treatment. Going out means putting some sunscreen and a bigly sombrero on, make sure no sun rays hit your face. You will need to keep your face moisturized intensely for 3 days, then start doing it 2-3 times a day. Your face will soak up the moisturizer right away. You will see your skin start to peel, don't peel it on purpose as you will have bare skin....which is prone to burning, getting clogged, and sensitive.  It usually takes 3-4 weeks before you start seeing results.

Even after I was done I would go and get another Skinpen treatment, and my skin would get better every time. 

Botox - Used to reduce winkles or migraines. I was bored and she was offering a discount, so I said fuck it because why not. Applied to me forehead to remove the creases that 11s between your eyes. Can't lay down for 4 hours after the injection. Doesn't hurt at all, just a small needle. Takes about 2 weeks for it to kick in. Personally, it worked for me for a couple of days, couldn't frown at all no matter how hard I tried. Then it wore off a few days after. Went back for a free touch up, about 48 units in total....and it held for a bit longer, like a month. It's supposed to last 3-4 months, since it didn't work for me I didn't bother trying it again. Costs around 350-480.
(Yesterday, 11:50 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote: Botox - Used to reduce winkles or migraines. I was bored and she was offering a discount, so I said fuck it because why not. Applied to me forehead to remove the creases that 11s between your eyes. Can't lay down for 4 hours after the injection. Doesn't hurt at all, just a small needle. Takes about 2 weeks for it to kick in. Personally, it worked for me for a couple of days, couldn't frown at all no matter how hard I tried. Then it wore off a few days after. Went back for a free touch up, about 48 units in total....and it held for a bit longer, like a month. It's supposed to last 3-4 months, since it didn't work for me I didn't bother trying it again. Costs around 350-480.

Not sure if I would do Botox again.

I have done it one time, and what I didn't like was the eyebrows not moving. I'm pretty sure it was due to the incompetence of the guy who did it to me, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the risk to try it again, even if the guy has a very good reputation. If he fucks it up, you'll be stuck for 2 months with a Frankenstein face. The worse is when you want to show emotion, like anger, and you can't frown. You feel trapped inside your body. You can't transmit your body language to women. Any emotion you have, you keep having the same expressionless eyes.

Apart from that, it did work pretty well. I had zero wrinkle after like 1 week or 2.
Yeah, me neither. My issue was that I look really angry most of the time, you can see my 11s most of the time. So people thought I was always mad when that was actually my normal face. I liked not being able to move those muscles because people won't think I'm mad, but it didn't last for the 3-4 months that I was told. When I went for the touch up a month later, they injected more and I had a huge migraine...felt like smacking my head against something to make it stop. Ironically many girls said I didn't need it, but it was a good flex.
(Yesterday, 03:56 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote: Yeah, me neither. My issue was that I look really angry most of the time, you can see my 11s most of the time. So people thought I was always mad when that was actually my normal face. I liked not being able to move those muscles because people won't think I'm mad, but it didn't last for the 3-4 months that I was told. When I went for the touch up a month later, they injected more and I had a huge migraine...felt like smacking my head against something to make it stop. Ironically many girls said I didn't need it, but it was a good flex.

Weird, did you check if it was true Botox, or was it something else? Some dermatologists use cheaper brands of Botox to save money.

Personally, the dermatologist stuck the sticker of the Botox on my medical card and also noted all the points I got injected. It wasn't Botox but something else by the way, something that is more diffuse, so that could explain why it reached so low on my brow and gave me the Frankenstein effect.