How far out of step are Swoopers with the rest of society?
Great thread. A lot of it resonates with me :-
Sensing the fear in your friends partners when they know their man is going to be hanging out with you.
People thinking you're really strange for travelling and exploring alone, would hide it when I was younger but now I just don't care.
The ongoing inner mental battle of if you would have been better off settling down with an LTR and having a family or continuing the swoop lifestyle.
Having deep relationships with multiple women you have met over the years and being unable to truly commit to one.
Watching friends settle down with partners with lower SMV (as we all know about in the West).
Feeling like a world citizen.

Something I've always pondered is if you would let your partner know you enjoy reading forums like Swoop or try and hide it for fear of being judged?
(05-13-2020, 08:20 PM)SLV Wrote: I've always pondered is if you would let your partner know you enjoy reading forums like Swoop or try and hide it for fear of being judged?

Yep. Whenever I'm tired of her and want to break up, leave the computer on with Swoop page open
I be nutting in these bitches!
https://youtu.be/ixCrLAgk4YI
(05-13-2020, 08:20 PM)SLV Wrote: Great thread.  A lot of it resonates with me :-
Sensing the fear in your friends partners when they know their man is going to be hanging out with you.
People thinking you're really strange for travelling and exploring alone, would hide it when I was younger but now I just don't care.
The ongoing inner mental battle of if you would have been better off settling down with an LTR and having a family or continuing the swoop lifestyle.
Having deep relationships with multiple women you have met over the years and being unable to truly commit to one.  
Watching friends settle down with partners with lower SMV (as we all know about in the West).

Something I've always pondered is if you would let your partner know you enjoy reading forums like Swoop or try and hide it for fear of being judged?

I have. I tend to take a very honest approach with women and people in general. Partly because I want to share my interests, and mostly because I just want to be understood. I used to tell developing flames about a few men's communities I belonged to and survey them on some controversial topics, once again partly for something to talk about and partly because I was curious.

Well someone mysteriously doxed me and sent a new girlfriend of mine all of my most damning posts on the forum, ones that were fucking years old for example. Times when I was venting and had a bone to pick with women. It really messed up a blossoming relationship and caused me immense headache. I think the person who did it was a past flame.

I advise strongly against it now, and I advise locking your computer when around places like these. That has been the prevailing wisdom for a long time, but I had to learn the hard way. Practice good opsec, you should act as if what you're posting here is illegal. Because it some places it is (canada, UK) and some plcaes it might as well be (any western country with a lot of liberal women)
Amanda Knox is the OG swooper. Completely dead-eyed autist, learned the language, got macchu picchu'd so indiscriminately she got involved in a murder plot.
PD I wonder how the hell that happened? Unless you are talking explicitly about manosphere concepts (in manosphere language, ie: redpill, PUA, daygame) or perhaps doing something like daygame in a place which is full of feminists or anti-game, it's pretty crazy that happened to you.

Maybe it's possible you got deanonimised because someone was able to compare your internets to you, the person, because they already knew you.

Fucked up shit.

I would guess some crazy (mentally Ill type, BPD, bipolar) or whatever realized at some point or even later based on something she observed or saw, that you had a profile. Fucking duplicity. Or maybe her friends typecast you as a pua and told her to out your ass. Ugh.

If you have some bitch ass beta in any of your circles (male) I could see him simping to earn kudos from the feminist hes into
(05-13-2020, 11:03 PM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote: PD I wonder how the hell that happened?  Unless you are talking explicitly about manosphere concepts (in manosphere language, ie: redpill, PUA, daygame) or perhaps doing something like daygame in a place which is full of feminists or anti-game, it's pretty crazy that happened to you.

Maybe it's possible you got deanonimised because someone was able to compare your internets to you, the person, because they already knew you.

Fucked up shit.

I would guess some crazy (mentally Ill type, BPD, bipolar) or whatever realized at some point or even later based on something she observed or saw, that you had a profile. Fucking duplicity. Or maybe her friends typecast you as a pua and told her to out your ass. Ugh.

If you have some bitch ass beta in any of your circles (male) I could see him simping to earn kudos from the feminist hes into

To this day I don't fully know. I keep my social circles very compartmentalized, I take very careful inventory of who knows what about me and who they would tell. I'm extremely mindful about that kind of thing. I mean really, I'm autistic about it. I'll tell people things and test other people for who told who, I get a very full picture of someones informational flow and gossiping habits before I bring them further in or trust them with information. It's a habitual remnant of my older lifestyle choices.

I can only think of one person who might have did it. But she denies it vehemently. During a fairly accusatory conversation I caught about 4 inconsistencies in her story, and she has lied to be before. Last time she tried to reconnect with me, I accused her again and I haven't heard from her since. I'm half as good at telling if people are lying as I think I am, I should be fairly confident it was her. I don't keep bitch ass dudes in my inner circle, nor women (unless I'm seriously dating them, even then, compartmentalized)

Anyway I did my due diligence figuring things out, I've mostly left it in the past except for a cautionary tale for young bright eyed players out there. And all the evidence as been (bitter sweetly) erased. So it's not a problem anymore. I search my name on local subreddits and google often and nothing of substance has arisen, so far I've got off very lightly.

Edit:

Also on another note. I don't divulge my age and specific location anywhere, I think someone guessed it once upon a time but they were nice about not releasing it. I anonymize all my data before posting. I was very careful. I also don't have any script or large walls of text out there tied to my actual name so even the longshot of deep learning text analysis was out of the question. I concluded it had to be someone who knew me.

I advise everyone to keep their opsec tight, it's for the best
Special Ed, if you're going to come back here with a new account you should actually try and contribute to the discussion without derailing the single thread where an actual discussion has developed with your trolling of Bienvuto. And textspeak makes you sound like a teenager.
^^ You're already repped. That was quick for an account yesterday w/ six posts, five of which were today. None asking anything, or doing much at that. The posts I read come off as forced jokes or trollish.

I'll hold judgment for the moment. But hope maybe you contribute at some point?
(05-13-2020, 08:20 PM)SLV Wrote: Great thread.  A lot of it resonates with me :-

I would if the subject came up. I would just frame it as in: I read forums about lifestyle, travel, and man-woman dynamics. I keep game-related books in my bookcase anyway. I don't advertise the fact that I read this stuff but I don't hide it either. It's a matter of frame and perception. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't need these resources to get laid, but that I read them to broaden my horizons. If they don't like it, well, my bookcase is right next to the door, and the handle was still working the last time I checked.

What I wouldn't do in a hurry is mention the specific name of the forum or my account to just anyone, nor let them read my posts. I generally prefer to compartmentalise things these days.
^^The world is getting to be a strange place. A lot of people have a really narrow range of interests, and it's seen as bad to be nonconformist.

I don't even bother to tell people what I'm reading or studying, because it would just be too much for them.
(05-13-2020, 03:08 AM)fullthrottle Wrote: I'm going to take the unpopular opinion because I'm good at that:

In the US, being a "wanderlust" is very fashionable right now, for men and women, especially amongst those with college degrees. It's more radical and unpopular to say you hate traveling than to rattle off a list of all the exotic places you've been, which is what Instagram is basically for. So I don't think that's so radical, in fact it's very millennial to have a global point of view and be obsessed with being places that aren't your own home town in the country you were born. Perhaps with Covid, people will think twice about being so geographically promiscuous. But my point of view: highly educated, yuppy, and coastal. Move out to a Red State in the US and you'll find plenty of people who find Swoop and the shit we talk about here pretty damn weird.

These people are not even close to the same.  There is a huge difference between taking a 1 or 2 week trip to south American and spending your time doing as many touristy things as possible to see some new sights and impress your friends.  While they might think they are, these people aren't the same as someone who actually lives in other countries for extended periods and does normal day to day stuff.  I find that when these type of people travel aside from touristy things they hang out with other foreigners and party where other foreigners party.
While people are busy rattling off all the places they’ve been, we’ll be busy flirting with the local women in their mother tongue.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
I'm a bit torn on the subject. I had a good 5-6 year run where I made internet monies, travelled to a bunch of countries and slept with a lot of women. I have a lot of good memories and cool experiences, but it's lonely. So lonely that I got sick of it. I'm actually envious of guys that are settled down in a city with a girlfriend/wife and a lot of friends. Frankly, it's shitty to always travel around and have to start over so often. It's difficult to maintain meaningful friendships and have a good girlfriend if you're always on the move. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Maybe I need to get my T levels checked. Either way, these days I'm more interested in building a consistent life somewhere, rather than putting in work and chasing after meaningless experiences. Nobody cares about all the girls I've banged over the years, and I don't care about most of them either. I don't judge anyone for their choices, but personally I think the swoop lifestyle is all about feeding your ego and is a meaningless pursuit. Perhaps I'm also feeling some scarcity- I'm 32 now (which I still think is pretty young), but finding a good girl in the West gets harder each year. I know that LATAM and SEA will always be there, but I'd rather stay in the US. Let's face it, Colombia is a shit hole other than the fact that the women are incredible. Anyway, I'd recommend everybody try out the swoop lifestyle if you have the opportunity. Some people are better cut out for it than others. If I'm still single by the time I'm in my 40's, I'll certainly move to Colombia for good.
(05-14-2020, 10:30 PM)mike Wrote: I'm a bit torn on the subject. I had a good 5-6 year run where I made internet monies, travelled to a bunch of countries and slept with a lot of women. I have a lot of good memories and cool experiences, but it's lonely. So lonely that I got sick of it. I'm actually envious of guys that are settled down in a city with a girlfriend/wife and a lot of friends. Frankly, it's shitty to always travel around and have to start over so often. It's difficult to maintain meaningful friendships and have a good girlfriend if you're always on the move. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Maybe I need to get my T levels checked. Either way, these days I'm more interested in building a consistent life somewhere, rather than putting in work and chasing after meaningless experiences. Nobody cares about all the girls I've banged over the years, and I don't care about most of them either. I don't judge anyone for their choices, but personally I think the swoop lifestyle is all about feeding your ego and is a meaningless pursuit. Perhaps I'm also feeling some scarcity- I'm 32 now (which I still think is pretty young), but finding a good girl in the West gets harder each year. I know that LATAM and SEA will always be there, but I'd rather stay in the US. Let's face it, Colombia is a shit hole other than the fact that the women are incredible. Anyway, I'd recommend everybody try out the swoop lifestyle if you have the opportunity. Some people are better cut out for it than others. If I'm still single by the time I'm in my 40's, I'll certainly move to Colombia for good.

Sounds like you're normal, congrats.
Columbia is a shit hole country. You have to be extremely privileged in some way to prefer a shitty third world country to the United States, Europe et al.
Yea, moving around all the time sucks. I’d rather stay in one place for a while before I move on.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(05-14-2020, 10:52 PM)fullthrottle Wrote: Sounds like you're normal, congrats.
Columbia is a shit hole country. You have to be extremely privileged in some way to prefer a shitty third world country to the United States, Europe et al.

How much time have you spent in "Columbia"?  Many third world countries are only third world to people who are broke and living on budgets that would put someone in a western country into poverty or western people who are not very worldly and their travel experience entails going on a few vactions or reading about it online.
(05-14-2020, 03:08 AM)The Fantasist Wrote: I never understood this rvf'esque notion of "contribute to the discussion". What does that even mean?

I was posting here for 2 years before you came along soy boy.

I am the discussion.

^Special Ed returns.

>>Not Sure<< if Special Ed looks forward to a long life as "the fantasist" on the forum, dialing up the witty analysis and 'contributions', whilst dialling down the race-baiting, insults etc.
or
Is just going to insult as many people as he can before he gets another ban and inevitably re-appears again. 

We shall see..
(05-14-2020, 10:30 PM)mike Wrote: I'm a bit torn on the subject. I had a good 5-6 year run where I made internet monies, travelled to a bunch of countries and slept with a lot of women. I have a lot of good memories and cool experiences, but it's lonely. So lonely that I got sick of it. I'm actually envious of guys that are settled down in a city with a girlfriend/wife and a lot of friends. Frankly, it's shitty to always travel around and have to start over so often. It's difficult to maintain meaningful friendships and have a good girlfriend if you're always on the move. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Maybe I need to get my T levels checked. Either way, these days I'm more interested in building a consistent life somewhere, rather than putting in work and chasing after meaningless experiences. Nobody cares about all the girls I've banged over the years, and I don't care about most of them either. I don't judge anyone for their choices, but personally I think the swoop lifestyle is all about feeding your ego and is a meaningless pursuit. Perhaps I'm also feeling some scarcity- I'm 32 now (which I still think is pretty young), but finding a good girl in the West gets harder each year. I know that LATAM and SEA will always be there, but I'd rather stay in the US. Let's face it, Colombia is a shit hole other than the fact that the women are incredible. Anyway, I'd recommend everybody try out the swoop lifestyle if you have the opportunity. Some people are better cut out for it than others. If I'm still single by the time I'm in my 40's, I'll certainly move to Colombia for good.

"The grass is always greener on the other side." I also know some guys who've settled down. It has its perks. I plan to do it one day, and I've always had an ear to the ground for it, mostly to change things up and have a longer-term project. But the guys also tell me the routines get boring - same old ball and chain, same old friends, same old city, etc. In that way, it's quite similar to our routines getting boring - same old being alone, same old restarting, same old cities blending together in your head, etc.

"Nobody cares" is theme that you'll never truly escape, and in fact, you may not really wish to. Nobody cares about the girls you banged, but nobody cares if you settle down either. The pats on the back you'll get from your friends/family/society for settling down will eventually fade, just like the high fives you got from telling your friends about your bangs. On the flip side, since nobody cares, you can do whatever you want to (consequences included).

As for a location to find a girl worth settling down for, "there's no free lunch." Western comfort and support for the "unprivileged" means Western women, marriage laws, etc. Non-Western discomfort unless you're "privileged" is the price you pay for more favorable women, marriage laws, etc.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(05-13-2020, 08:52 PM)Mister Happy Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 08:20 PM)SLV Wrote: I've always pondered is if you would let your partner know you enjoy reading forums like Swoop or try and hide it for fear of being judged?

Yep. Whenever I'm tired of her and want to break up, leave the computer on with Swoop page open

I understand this is a lighthearted post about laziness, but this actually creates unneccesary risk for the entire forum membership. 

We've seen people doxxed in the past due to vengeful females finding out about forums. We've also seen members simping for those same females or suggesting they be allowed to post. 

We also don't want to see campaigns for censorship or negative attention from the mainstream media. 

Even innocent girls may end up dragged in the mud if they could be identified from forum stories or pics. 

There's no upside to letting any women know about this place. 

If you're all out of ideas, you could always start with this classic post: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/07/how...girls.html

Think of these as phases in your life. Once you've experienced a phase to its fullest, it's time to move on. I was in your position where I traveled a lot and had a roaring singles life with 10+ women in my regular harem rotation. I knew that phase was over when it stopped being fun. I got so good at bedding women that I had it down to a gameplan. First meeting at a specific wine bar after work, then here, then there and she'd be in my bed before the night was over 80% of the time. But it wasn't fun any more. I was going through the motions. I knew it was time for the next stage.

Think about high school and college -- same thing. It was probably great while you were there, then towards the end, you were ready to move on to the next phase.

As for finding a woman to settle down with, in the US, women in particular educated women, tend to focus on their career and get married later. It's much more normal for a lawyer to still be unmarried at age 35 in the US, compared to a waitress. In other countries, average marriage age may be higher or lower, depending on cultural factors. Mormons in the US seem to be an exception, maybe because of the no pre-marital sex thing -- they get married young so they can start banging away. Keep that in mind once you decide on age range you seek out. One thing about American women in their 30s is they are less flaky and more goal-focused, since their biological clock is ticking.

But also be aware of the age thing, if you want to have kids. Look up any statistics on birth defects, and they all skyrocket if the mother gets pregnant at age 40 and up. Dating a 38 year old woman may be risky in that area, as it takes time before you can figure out if she's the one, and by then she'll be even older.