PSA: two countries not to visit as an American anytime soon
So I've been spending some time online listening in and joining in the discussions of live streams across the globe and to my surprise the subject of America gets brought up quite often. Generally speaking the conversations are rather benign in nature and opinions are usually scattered across the board in most countries. There are two exceptions to this however. Once I noticed the inordinate amount of hate coming from these exceptional countries I began to really dig in and monitor various conversations in different regions to see how they aligned with one another.

NO GO #1: Mexico
Now this may come as no surprise, and I'll preface by saying that I read, write, and speak Spanish fluently, THEY FUCKING HATE YOU AMERICA. From teen to 40 somethings openly live stream about kidnapping and robbing Americans if they ever see one on the streets. This talk was most prevalent in Mexico City and along the border in places like Tijuana and Juarez. The locals joke about how police will do nothing and how much they hate gringos. Any cuck who tells you gringo is not a racist term is full of shit. If a Mexican calls you one they don't respect you at the very least. These slimeballs will kill you for much less than your iphone. Mexico will be a NO GO ZONE for me probably for the rest of my life and I have been there many times. There are some beautiful beach towns I love but the risk is not worth it. Young people in Mexico view the US as an enemy of the people and a land to rape figuratively and literally.

#2: Russia
I know many of you have been to Russia, love Slavic pussy, etc. etc. but things are not good politically between Americans and Russians. I understand enough Russian to get by and young people invariably think that the US created the Wuhan Flu, which I suspect is proliferated by some form of Russian propaganda but not sure. Even in Moscow and St. Petersburg anytime the US is brought up it is all negative. They basically blame Americans for all of their problems. Economy FUCK America (ruble collapse is our fault), War with Ukraine FUCK America (we started it), Drugs in Moscow FUCK America (bc we sent them) basically anything you can think of it's America's fault. These drunk, stupid mfers are programmed to hate the US. Most of the time they have very little depth of knowledge regarding the subjects they are ranting about and the Armenian Russians are the stupidest, low IQ subhumans on the continent. As an added bonus they really hate Jews too.

Well, I think that's enough to get my point across. I hate the fact that I won't be going to Russia but fuck their visa process anyway. Not sure how well this will be received as my first post but feel free to chime in. Stay safe out there.
Here in Argentina gringo is not a racist term. Generally being white puts you at the top of the racial paradigm. Of course people can hate you and want to kidnap you without being racist. I would agree educated people should not use it in the street to talk about you, and if angry people shout it at you in the street, it is time to leave the area. However in informal conversations it isn't uncommon, I hear it most often when I'm talking to chicks who love being banged by gringos.

If Russians start blaming Americans I guess you should remind them it is actually the Jews' fault lol.
You know OP, I'm on the fence about whether this is a bait/ slide thread given the fact you're trashing russia, calling it a no-go zone, and mexico which a lot of americans love. But I'm gonna assume you're actually advocating not visiting for safety issues.

That all being said I'm pretty much in agreement with you, but maybe my views are a bit different:

Mexico- I think basically you're right, and not having a handle on Spanish as a gringo sounds bad. Mexico has deteriorated so much since the drug war started. I myself can't think of a valid reason to visit. One instance that comes to mind recently was the slaughter of those morman/ american families in the North. Shit has still not died down and the corruption is bad. It is for that reason my desire to see latin america is not what it once was.

Russia- I think you're right again, but as an American will it be xenophobic violence that fucks you? nah, I think it's the corruption or the lack of rule of law there. Journos killed, laws changing constantly, Russia being super anti-drug in terms of penalties (and basically all your risk taker american tourists, among others, jsut being obsessed with drugs)--the recent case of that israeli/ american woman being held in Russia under detention for weed, as well as I think they were mormans being held for missionary activities (that's literally what they were doing, spreading mormonism, and mormanism not being considered a legit religion there).

As far as the anti-americanism you're also right. Because of the shitty situation they scapegoat US and the west, also, not like the current president is that great either. I'm gonna generalize here and note that this behavior is much more pronounced with working class, blue-collar, low income types, than american emulating hipster liberals who would not look out of place in brooklyn and make up a decent portion of these country's intelligentsia.. So much graft and corruption. Can't say I blame them for trying to find an outlet for blame. Seen this sort of scapegoating in other parts of eastern europe, is pretty common to post-communist citizens.

Will not be visiting russia ever, for safety reasons.

"the exile: sex drugs and rock in roll in new russia" by ames and taibibi is a great primer to post-soviet russia and how anarchic it was post-FSU. The writers are literal trolls.

Additionally, I think a lot of americans are at a disadvantage in these specific places because they have fucking zero expereince in even our own american ghettos that are often completely walled off from the rest of our cities, unless they have the misfortune of wandering into one, and sensing that you're not 'supposed' to be there. So you take some dumb dipshit murican who's never even been in his own ghettos and now he's in mexico (third world impoverished) or russia (second world, impoverished, huge income disparity), it's like tourist disneyland for him and he's not understanding the danger of wandering through the hoods. He's also not understanding the third world mentality, and the fact that he needs to pre-emptively hypothetically victim-blame himself as a thought-exercise, that way he can take proactive steps to protect himself from SHTF moments that are all too common in shitholes.
"Everything I found out, I want to forget."

Gringo isn't racist you faggot troll.
(04-20-2020, 01:09 AM)missionary Wrote: NO GO #1: Mexico
Now this may come as no surprise, and I'll preface by saying that I read, write, and speak Spanish fluently, THEY FUCKING HATE YOU AMERICA. From teen to 40 somethings openly live stream about kidnapping and robbing Americans if they ever see one on the streets. This talk was most prevalent in Mexico City and along the border in places like Tijuana and Juarez. The locals joke about how police will do nothing and how much they hate gringos. Any cuck who tells you gringo is not a racist term is full of shit. If a Mexican calls you one they don't respect you at the very least. These slimeballs will kill you for much less than your iphone. Mexico will be a NO GO ZONE for me probably for the rest of my life and I have been there many times. There are some beautiful beach towns I love but the risk is not worth it. Young people in Mexico view the US as an enemy of the people and a land to rape figuratively and literally.
I agree with this assessment of Mexico. My Spanish is also good (C1 level) and that only seems to help me understand the nasty things they like to say about gringos, lol.
I haven't had any personal safety or violent crime issues. But it seems that every other Mexican tries to scam me whenever money is exchanged: the bus drivers try to over charge you; the gas stations try the old trick where they add the previous customer's charge to yours, forcing you to pay double; car rental companies claim you damaged the car when it's in the same (shitty) condition that you rented it. 
On and on it goes. 
I'm able to catch it 99% of the time (and curse them out in Spanish, always fun). But at a certain point, I said 'why am I putting up with this shit? Just for slightly cheaper beer? It's not like the local chicas are any good...'
I was planning to buy property in Mexico but now have decided to stop visiting, and won't ever consider buying anything there.
Plenty of better places to visit for lower prices and nice beaches.
Avoid Mexico.
Take this with a grain of salt guys, experiences may vary. Im not american but ive been to mexico several times. The people there are very kind and helpful. Tbh if you get treated like shit in a country its probably you
Haha, met a few Russians and other Slavs in Asia. Most I spoke to hated the Chinese and were generally friendly and bro tier on the surface, though I realize there is a difference between the ones who travel abroad and ones that never leave their country.

Sounds surprising that Russia would be that hostile to Americans though. That sounds China tier. Speaking of which, I'd probably add China to that list.
The only Mexicans that hate Americans are the 1% because they think they're Spanish, and it's fashionable to America bash.

The next 80% want to be Americans.

The remainder are actually Guatemalans that want to be Mexican.

Just say you're from California, it's essentially a totally different country.
Having been to Mexico City and the Mayan Riviera, I'd be a bit hesitant to visit the country within the next few months only because of the socioeconomic effects of the current pandemic. People will be a bit on edge in general and many places will likely not be open to the general public. A white American would draw a bit more attention than usual for sure, although if it were a well-off place like Condesa or Polanco in Mexico City, I wouldn't be too concerned.
OP should get a life.

And what the hell is an "Armenian Russian"?
The son of a mixed couple? An Armenian born in Russia? A Russian born in Armenia?
(04-20-2020, 01:25 AM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote: You know OP, I'm on the fence about whether this is a bait/ slide thread given the fact you're trashing russia, calling it a no-go zone, and mexico which a lot of americans love. But I'm gonna assume you're actually advocating not visiting for safety issues.

That all being said I'm pretty much in agreement with you, but maybe my views are a bit different:

Mexico- I think basically you're right, and not having a handle on Spanish as a gringo sounds bad. Mexico has deteriorated so much since the drug war started. I myself can't think of a valid reason to visit. One instance that comes to mind recently was the slaughter of those morman/ american families in the North. Shit has still not died down and the corruption is bad. It is for that reason my desire to see latin america is not what it once was.

Russia- I think you're right again, but as an American will it be xenophobic violence that fucks you? nah, I think it's the corruption or the lack of rule of law there. Journos killed, laws changing constantly, Russia being super anti-drug in terms of penalties (and basically all your risk taker american tourists, among others, jsut being obsessed with drugs)--the recent case of that israeli/ american woman being held in Russia under detention for weed, as well as I think they were mormans being held for missionary activities (that's literally what they were doing, spreading mormonism, and mormanism not being considered a legit religion there).

As far as the anti-americanism you're also right. Because of the shitty situation they scapegoat US and the west, also, not like the current president is that great either. I'm gonna generalize here and note that this behavior is much more pronounced with working class, blue-collar, low income types, than american emulating hipster liberals who would not look out of place in brooklyn and make up a decent portion of these country's intelligentsia.. So much graft and corruption. Can't say I blame them for trying to find an outlet for blame. Seen this sort of scapegoating in other parts of eastern europe, is pretty common to post-communist citizens.

"the exile: sex drugs and rock in roll in new russia" by ames and taibibi is a great primer to post-soviet russia and how anarchic it was post-FSU. The writers are literal trolls.

Additionally, I think a lot of americans are at a disadvantage in these specific places because they have fucking zero expereince in even our own american ghettos that are often completely walled off from the rest of our cities, unless they have the misfortune of wandering into one, and sensing that you're not 'supposed' to be there. So you take some dumb dipshit murican who's never even been in his own ghettos and now he's in mexico (third world impoverished) or russia (second world, impoverished, huge income disparity), it's like tourist disneyland for him and he's not understanding the danger of wandering through the hoods. He's also not understanding the third world mentality, and the fact that he needs to pre-emptively hypothetically victim-blame himself as a thought-exercise, that way he can take proactive steps to protect himself from SHTF moments that are all too common in shitholes.

I'm glad that people have this impression of Russia, keeps the riff raff away
You Russian Kamaki?
(04-21-2020, 03:19 PM)Kamaki Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 01:25 AM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote: You know OP, I'm on the fence about whether this is a bait/ slide thread given the fact you're trashing russia, calling it a no-go zone, and mexico which a lot of americans love. But I'm gonna assume you're actually advocating not visiting for safety issues.

Russia- I think you're right again, but as an American will it be xenophobic violence that fucks you? nah, I think it's the corruption or the  lack of rule of law there. Journos killed, laws changing constantly, Russia being super anti-drug in terms of penalties (and basically all your risk taker american tourists, among others, jsut being obsessed with drugs)--the recent case of that israeli/ american woman being held in Russia under detention for weed, as well as I think they were mormans being held for missionary activities (that's literally what they were doing, spreading mormonism, and mormanism not being considered a legit religion there).

As far as the anti-americanism you're also right. Because of the shitty situation they scapegoat US and the west, also, not like the current president is that great either. I'm gonna generalize here and note that this behavior is much more pronounced with working class, blue-collar, low income types, than american emulating hipster liberals who would not look out of place in brooklyn and make up a decent portion of these country's intelligentsia..  So much graft and corruption. Can't say I blame them for trying to find an outlet for blame. Seen this sort of scapegoating in other parts of eastern europe, is pretty common to post-communist citizens.

Additionally, I think a lot of americans are at a disadvantage in these specific places because they have fucking zero expereince in even our own american ghettos that are often completely walled off from the rest of our cities, unless they have the misfortune of wandering into one, and sensing that you're not 'supposed' to be there. So you take some dumb dipshit murican who's never even been in his own ghettos and now he's in mexico  (third world impoverished) or russia (second world, impoverished, huge income disparity), it's like tourist disneyland for him and he's not understanding the danger of wandering through the hoods. He's also not understanding the third world mentality, and the fact that he needs to pre-emptively hypothetically victim-blame himself as a thought-exercise, that way he can take proactive steps to protect himself from SHTF moments that are all too common in shitholes.

I'm glad that people have this impression of Russia, keeps the riff raff away

Thanks for some nuance.

I think my perspective is pretty well reasoned tho.

There are a lot of +'s with russia, and I retain the hope one day I will be able to visit.

Most Russians I have met and drank with are really chill. Awesome culture. Very intelligent people. But they're like the Americans of Eastern Europe. Tremendously xenophobic. Live in their own world.

At the end of the day my issue lies with governance, and some of the stupid masses there. The government is laughable and the organized crime/ gopnik angle is no joke.

Not a russian speaker, would not see the point in visiting w/o speaking russian.
"Everything I found out, I want to forget."

Hey op, Mexico's not like it is in Narcos. I've been several times and never had any problems. I'm probably gonna go this summer if I can and I'm 100% sure that I'm more likely to get in a car accident than encounter violence. I'm gonna take an educated guess that the same can be said for Russia.
(04-22-2020, 03:10 AM)Robert Plant Wrote: Hey op, Mexico's not like it is in Narcos. I've been several times and never had any problems. I'm probably gonna go this summer if I can and I'm 100% sure that I'm more likely to get in a car accident than encounter violence. I'm gonna take an educated guess that the same can be said for Russia.

Guy I've been to Mexico more times than I can count and speak the language. Shit changes. Also, driving in Mexico is pretty stupid. Buena suerte
OP's post obviously stems from lack of on-ground experience. Hating the US government (which is common in many countries around the world) doesn't mean people will automatically lynch American tourists on the streets. I met many Americans in both Mexico and Russia and none of them complained about any sort of discrimination because of them being Americans (or against any white Westerners). If anything, they should avoid traveling to Iran and Venezuela, but OP's "warning" is just ridiculous. OMG, I've never read a more bullshit post in my life.
(04-21-2020, 09:15 PM)missionary Wrote: You Russian Kamaki?

no
(04-22-2020, 08:37 PM)Kamaki Wrote:

no

then you are the riff raff

(04-20-2020, 04:07 AM)SC87 Wrote: Gringo isn't racist you faggot troll.

so this little bitch gets to call me a faggot but I can't call him a nigger lover?
(04-23-2020, 01:13 AM)missionary Wrote:

no

so this little bitch gets to call me a faggot but I can't call him a nigger lover?

Spare the poor chap, he is in Canada dealing with walruses for women with personalities worse than a social media obsessed sorority whore. I'd be cranky AF too if I was around such feminine wildebeests known as Canadian women.
(04-23-2020, 01:27 AM)Here Are Words Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:13 AM)missionary Wrote:

no

Spare the poor chap, he is in Canada dealing with walruses for women with personalities worse than a social media obsessed sorority whore. I'd be cranky AF too if I was around such feminine wildebeests known as Canadian women.

I feel like I would love half of you guys and hate the other half. You know some (prob most) of these mfers are LARPing from Mom's basement.