Spread of Silicon Valley tech bro culture in America and death of game.
I had a long convo with a good friend of mines who is from Austin, Texas and he talks about how the city is in many ways unrecognizable right now. I asked him to talk to me more about that but he said how Austin used to almost be this cool borderline southern type of town where you would meet feminine enough Texas girls with good looks. In recent years, he said that game in Austin has died down because it is more of a sausagefest and the women you get are the uber feminazi types.

From what he told me, as soon as Silicon Valley came to Austin, it was all downhill. First came tech bros that fucked up gender ratios, creeped out girls on a large scale, and simped to local women who were now spoiled by guys earning money who didn't have much game.

Then came the trash of California, mainly Bay Area women who embody the worst of radical feminism and misandry. Sex shaming and narcissism shot through the roof as a result but it got worse.

Next came the cultural shift in Austin as you were now in an area where you are sexually shamed for game, run into a lot of self-righteous feminists, try hard tech bros that fuck up ratios at bars, and it became a more narcissistic and dry culture instead of a lively one.

But with software becoming the prime job market, I see this everywhere and the spread of Bay Area parasites happening to the entire country. Even my friends in NYC who party hard there say that the Meatpacking District has become infested with Bay Area parasites.

It's a weird trend, on one hand their superiority complex is like none other but they move in droves to other areas and slowly run them. 

Are we looking at the death of good game opportunities due to these parasites invading?
This isn't just an Austin thing. I live in southern California and its tough here too. Women here seem to think they are better than men(SMV wise) and it shows through a slight air of superiority(mostly during nightgame). Even though SoCal has TONS of attractive women and its certainly not impossible here, they aren't feminine and the gender ratios are bad. 

Californians are also moving not just to Texas, but Arizona, Nevada and Idaho as well and many of the people don't like the Californian invasion. 

I think the solution is to improve yourself and go abroad, which is what most on this forum are doing.
As many know, I work in tech in Dallas. We haven't seen the big Bay Area movement here yet, but it's coming soon. Since Austin is too full, some California companies have started setting up shop in Dallas, including Uber. I'm not really looking forward to having more Bay Area bros in Dallas. We already have a lot of LA people. They don't bother me so much as the Bay Area folks, thought. LA folks bring a shallow/superficial element to an already shallow/superficial kind of a town, so they fit in well. Also, they're freer with their sexuality than the locals, which I am not going to complain about. If anything, the Californians moving to Dallas make it better... Mostly married Californians move to Dallas to buy real estate and evade taxes, so it's a different dynamic from Austin.

Without transplants and tech startups, Austin would entirely be a college town and would be absolutely worthless for game unless you're in school (A goldmine though if you attend UTA). I can't agree with the notion that Austin was better off 10 years ago than it is today for game. It's always been overrated in my book, and this opinion I've held before all the homelessness hit the city.

I do agree with you that Bay Area tech tends to destroy a city. Basically, you're importing a ton of high earning white men into a city when you bring in these folks. It reduces everyones SMV precipitously and raises the cost of everything. Something to note however is without the transplants, you really don't have "game" in any of the Southern cities. Everyone gets married really young in Texas and much of the South and compared to the Northeast/West Coast. Same thing with Atlanta, which without all the tech and transplants, you basically would be the only young single guy around, trying to hit on local Christian chicks with very ingrained/insular social circles. So having said that, I don't think the impact is so much on game as it is on quality of life.

I worry more about Californians moving to Northern cities than Southern ones since the Northern cities are where game thrives already. I would agree though that Bay Area people moving to New York City has had more of a chilling effect on game and other things. New York has always had a really favorable gender ratio, especially the Upper East Side, so importing more high earning tech bros is a bad thing. But there are some places that have been relatively untouched by the California outmigration. Namely, most of the Midwest cities, Florida, and the Northeast outside of NYC and DC (Philly, Baltimore, Boston don't have a ton of Californians). Ironically, it's becoming almost impossible to be an artist in NYC because of the cost of housing, fueled by tech in-migration. A lot of those starving artist types are moving to Philly and Baltimore.

(04-12-2020, 10:00 PM)Red_Pill_Brotherhood Wrote: This isn't just an Austin thing. I live in southern California and its tough here too. Women here seem to think they are better than men(SMV wise) and it shows through a slight air of superiority(mostly during nightgame). Even though SoCal has TONS of attractive women and its certainly not impossible here, they aren't feminine and the gender ratios are bad. 

Californians are also moving not just to Texas, but Arizona, Nevada and Idaho as well and many of the people don't like the Californian invasion. 

I think the solution is to improve yourself and go abroad, which is what most on this forum are doing.

Gender ratios are bad in California.
It's not a haven for singles.

However, California chicks are gold in terms of pickup. They're openminded.
(04-12-2020, 10:16 PM)fullthrottle Wrote: As many know, I work in tech in Dallas. We haven't seen the big Bay Area movement here yet, but it's coming soon. Since Austin is too full, some California companies have started setting up shop in Dallas, including Uber. I'm not really looking forward to having more Bay Area bros in Dallas. We already have a lot of LA people. They don't bother me so much as the Bay Area folks, thought. LA folks bring a shallow/superficial element to an already shallow/superficial kind of a town, so they fit in well. Also, they're freer with their sexuality than the locals, which I am not going to complain about. If anything, the Californians moving to Dallas make it better... Mostly married Californians move to Dallas to buy real estate and evade taxes, so it's a different dynamic from Austin.

Without transplants and tech startups, Austin would entirely be a college town and would be absolutely worthless for game unless you're in school (A goldmine though if you attend UTA). I can't agree with the notion that Austin was better off 10 years ago than it is today for game. It's always been overrated in my book, and this opinion I've held before all the homelessness hit the city.

I do agree with you that Bay Area tech tends to destroy a city. Basically, you're importing a ton of high earning white men into a city when you bring in these folks. It reduces everyones SMV precipitously and raises the cost of everything. Something to note however is without the transplants, you really don't have "game" in any of the Southern cities. Everyone gets married really young in Texas and much of the South and compared to the Northeast/West Coast. Same thing with Atlanta, which without all the tech and transplants, you basically would be the only young single guy around, trying to hit on local Christian chicks with very ingrained/insular social circles. So having said that, I don't think the impact is so much on game as it is on quality of life.

I worry more about Californians moving to Northern cities than Southern ones since the Northern cities are where game thrives already. I would agree though that Bay Area people moving to New York City has had more of a chilling effect on game and other things. New York has always had a really favorable gender ratio, especially the Upper East Side, so importing more high earning tech bros is a bad thing. But there are some places that have been relatively untouched by the California outmigration. Namely, most of the Midwest cities, Florida, and the Northeast outside of NYC and DC (Philly, Baltimore, Boston don't have a ton of Californians). Ironically, it's becoming almost impossible to be an artist in NYC because of the cost of housing, fueled by tech in-migration. A lot of those starving artist types are moving to Philly and Baltimore.

(04-12-2020, 10:00 PM)Red_Pill_Brotherhood Wrote: This isn't just an Austin thing. I live in southern California and its tough here too. Women here seem to think they are better than men(SMV wise) and it shows through a slight air of superiority(mostly during nightgame). Even though SoCal has TONS of attractive women and its certainly not impossible here, they aren't feminine and the gender ratios are bad. 

Gender ratios are bad in California.
It's not a haven for singles.

However, California chicks are gold in terms of pickup. They're openminded.

I can't speak too much on LA/SD as I live in a smaller city in SoCal but where I am, pickup is not easy. Running more numbers, which is possible in LA/SD, and working on status and social circle game is king- it's the best bet for California game. I've had better luck from daygame than nightgame here. Logistics are very spread out in Californian cities, especially LA. 

I agree with you that many chicks are open-minded. Plenty of bi chicks. 

To expand on the gender ratio thing, here is a gender ratio map of the US(which proves what we said about CA and what you said about NYC):
http://jonathansoma.com/singles/?utm_con...ign=Buffer
Bay Area women can't move everywhere ... there are only so many of them. But if enough men are simps, then the general trend for women to act like cunts tends to spread. But men everywhere in the west are already simping. So I don't know? Just be the best guy you can be and don't overanalyze things like this.
Move south of the border my friends.
I am not seeing these dudes as competition even if they do have a good bit of money, I am seeing them more as a virus. If a handful of people move to NYC from San Fran, it is not an issue at all. The issue is when large droves of people move from San Francisco and The Bay Area to cities good for men.

As someone who worked in San Francisco for a couple years and lived in the Bay Area, it is the most depressing culture I have ever witnessed. People there are robotic and lacking in any sense of human emotions. Someone can die in front of them and they will fail to give a fuck, all the while parading moral self-righteousness while simultaneously being the most elitist group of individuals in the western world. These people do not have any life in them it seems, like they can be at the most fun party but will stand around with the same attitude as Squidward from Spongebob, it's tough to describe until you are really near these people enough. It's a special kind of shitfuckery unlike any other, it will probably kill any soul you may have if you deal with the countless shitty people that city has.

When you have a large drove of people like this moving to an area, their massive egos will not change with the environment, they will try to change the environment themselves.

I don't mind Southern Californians, the women are among the hottest in the country and the guys are chill cool people. Even if they are competition, I feel like they are actually making any culture they move to in a city fun. Not all transplants are created equal, get enough Miami people and Texans in a given city and we have a party full of hot girls.

As for the south, I am originally from there, yeah people do get married young but it varies by area. You do have a lot of the people big on religion and maintaining moral values in Texas since it is a red state but fuck, give me them over Bay Area rats anyday. Even among those people, you'll find just enough outliers.

It's not a transplant issue, it's Bay Area parasite issue.

I sincerely hope the local rudeness of NYC and its gritty blunt culture is enough to drive these fucking imbeciles back to the hellhole they are crawling out of.
(04-12-2020, 10:16 PM)fullthrottle Wrote: As many know, I work in tech in Dallas. We haven't seen the big Bay Area movement here yet, but it's coming soon. Since Austin is too full, some California companies have started setting up shop in Dallas, including Uber. I'm not really looking forward to having more Bay Area bros in Dallas. We already have a lot of LA people. They don't bother me so much as the Bay Area folks, thought. LA folks bring a shallow/superficial element to an already shallow/superficial kind of a town, so they fit in well. Also, they're freer with their sexuality than the locals, which I am not going to complain about..

Well, at least the LA girls are easy on the eyes for the most part, along with being more sexually open (which Texas could use more of IMO).  As I'm sure you already know, once the Bay Area crowd hits that will quickly erode.  Get ready for short haircuts and women who grow out their armpit hair and dye it strange colors, amongst other weird shit.  But hey, equality and what not...whatever
Tech bros ruin a lotta things, but like FullThrottle said, it’s mostly CoL or QoL related. Their “game” is laughably bad. The mere thought that there are guys out there staying awake at night at the thought of all those sexy programmers moving in and swooping all the babes is making me dry-heave with laughter Wink Are Javascript Chads AMOGing you in your nightmares man? lol come on now…

In NYC at least, it’s always been guys who work in Real Estate, followed by the Finance bros maybe. It’s more than just how much money you make. The city belongs to tall, fit, good looking guys with sales/closing ability and (obviously) a bit of cash to burn but even that’s not an absolute necessity.

The Bay Area phenomenon is not going away nor will it slow down anytime soon. In fact, it’ll keep expanding so long as it promotes job growth. And the promise of luring in tech jobs is well-received politically pretty much everywhere these days. City leaders engage in the political equivalent of taking off their dripping wet panties and throwing it at tech companies via lavish tax breaks, taxpayer-funded infrastructure projects, straight up free land, grants, and maybe a half-dozen other financial incentives to lure them in (yes, using your tax dollars). It wasn’t that long ago when Bezos played them all for fools with his HQ2 farce…astounding just how much cities were willing to bend over in order to get in a suckle from the Amazon teat.

So tl;dr: Big Tech is here to stay. Stop worrying about leet coders stealing yo girls. Just do as Melania Trump once confusingly said and, “Be best.”
The tech expansion does not have to be bad but I am a bit disappointed that these tech companies are not hiring local talent to that city, plenty of local New Yorkers can use those tech jobs and the northeast has far better academic pedigree than California anyways. Same with other cities, the companies need to be hiring local talent and not letting the opening of a new office be a new avenue for Bay Area bros and womyns a chance to explore a new city, keep em in the Bay where they belong.

Problem is not that these men are competition by any means, they are hideous in regards to their looks and have no game. The problem is that they are THERE. Now you have to deal with gender ratios being off at bars and enough lame guys kill the party vibe which makes some cities so amazing. Then throw in the WOMYN of San Francisco and the quality of average girls when you go out is much much uglier too.

I do feel like on a big enough scale, enough lame dudes can ruin the dating culture of a city. Yeah it is easy to stick out from the competition but they can suck the life out of a party. Imagine going to NYC bars a decade from now but instead of young Don Trumps and young Chris Hemsworths adding to the cool vibe, you run into these fuckers swarming the bar:

[Image: silicon-valley-netflix.jpg]
(04-13-2020, 03:15 PM)Here Are Words Wrote: The tech expansion does not have to be bad but I am a bit disappointed that these tech companies are not hiring local talent to that city, plenty of local New Yorkers can use those tech jobs and the northeast has far better academic pedigree than California anyways. Same with other cities, the companies need to be hiring local talent and not letting the opening of a new office be a new avenue for Bay Area bros and womyns a chance to explore a new city, keep em in the Bay where they belong.

Problem is not that these men are competition by any means, they are hideous in regards to their looks and have no game. The problem is that they are THERE. Now you have to deal with gender ratios being off at bars and enough lame guys kill the party vibe which makes some cities so amazing. Then throw in the WOMYN of San Francisco and the quality of average girls when you go out is much much uglier too.

I do feel like on a big enough scale, enough lame dudes can ruin the dating culture of a city. Yeah it is easy to stick out from the competition but they can suck the life out of a party. Imagine going to NYC bars a decade from now but instead of young Don Trumps and young Chris Hemsworths adding to the cool vibe, you run into these fuckers swarming the bar:

[Image: silicon-valley-netflix.jpg]

Do you want a bunch of jacked chads that look like Chris Hemsworth at the bar competing to approach chicks? If so, come down to Dallas. We have plenty of jacked dudes to make you feel more comfortable. I'll take the tech bros over the jacked dudes any time. I miss the East Coast where barely any dudes lift. Being jacked in your 20s is pretty much par for the course in my city.

As far as hiring local talent, that's definitely happening. I'm not worried about being displaced by Silicon Valley folks honestly. It's more they are relocating offices from the Bay Area and bringing some folks with them.
Fullthrottle is right on this one.

In the USA, dating culture (which is really just a sterile name for romance) has been compromised for other reasons — not the influence of tech bros.

The larger problem is a culture that's too heavily oriented toward commercialization, work, and consumption with a great many who've become spoiled by a life of ease, expedience, and convenience. The technological shift from physical interaction to anonymously mediating reality through hand-held devices restructures habits and supercharges a lot of these unsavory aspects of cultural rot.

But not all is ruined and you can find decent-enough people (men and women) if you go out enough.

As to the tech bros, they've got the money and toys but they're mostly effete outside of their technical prowess and the vast majority have no presence (physical or personality). They're overly mincing and hemmed in by colorless irony, a clumsy sort of propriety (PC thinking), and a lack of boldness in personal life.

Living here in Texas, I'd be more worried leaving my girl around finance bros, real estate bros, guys higher up in the oil + gas food chain, or a bunch of degenerate bartenders and musicians.
You guys miss the point, it is not about competition, it is about impact on a bigger scale than just that. Yes, the jacked Chads and slayers might be competition but they also uplift the vibe of the area. If we get an influx of people from Texas, So Cal, Florida, and say Chicago; we are also getting their culture which is a cool overall culture not to mention women from those areas too. You don't just inherit the thirsty simps, who are a problem no matter what anyone says, you inherit the culture.

Like I have seen bars and clubs that used to be run with fancy Euro girls and cool midwestern women now overrun by women from dumps like San Franshitshow and Toronto, btw did I mentioned how much Canada sucks too outside of Montreal? It really fucking sucks. Moving on though, you are getting the butch lesbians, SJWs, and even local Bay Area women in general who are the most toxic and psychopathic beings on this planet. I wish it was as simple as just getting tech bros, it isn't.

At times, I wish we got tech bros instead of San Francisco girls who are western women evil personified.
You guys posting that old 2013 gender ratio bubble map link could be outdated and not very specific.

This is the real shit:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cit...ion/#byAge

Go search a city, go to By Age section compare raw numbers of women and men for 20, 25, 30

San Diego is 8-10% more males in 20-30.

L.A. is more like 3-5% more males 20-30.

NYC is 5-6% more females in 20-30.

Austin even for 20, then for 25 jumps to 12% more males, and 10% more males for 30 range. This is why it seems like a sausage fest, because it is.

Denver is 5%+ females for 20 range, and dead even for 25 range. Its Menver status when I lived there in 2008 is 10-12%+ males for 30-35 range. Denver has gotten more popular for transplant women to stay after attending Colorado out of state or move to after college as a jobs center so ratios are getting MUCH better as time goes on.

Washington DC was always a place PUAs came out of like Toronto. The girls outnumber guys there in 25 range by 14%+ !! All the complaints of DC game must be the careerist lawyer chick attitudes etc. I have heard from one of my best friends there that conversations do revolve around higher education, work, career, who do you work for like in L.A. who do you know sorta thing which does seem very anti-party.
Travesty, I promise you that gender ratio is changing ASAP in NYC. We get flooded with tech bros left and right and the female ratio cannot seem to keep up enough. Even with the women we get, there are not as many Euro girls here as there are women from undesirable dumps like Toronto and San Fran who come here to look cool and live the social media YOLO life. Once you are boots on the ground in the city, you see how much worse it gets every year, largely due to the tech boom.
(04-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Here Are Words Wrote: Travesty, I promise you that gender ratio is changing ASAP in NYC. We get flooded with tech bros left and right and the female ratio cannot seem to keep up enough. Even with the women we get, there are not as many Euro girls here as there are women from undesirable dumps like Toronto and San Fran who come here to look cool and live the social media YOLO life. Once you are boots on the ground in the city, you see how much worse it gets every year, largely due to the tech boom.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

There really isn't this mass movement of SF tech people to NYC. There certainly isn't an incentive for this move... neither in terms of cost of living or job opportunities or climate.

The salaries for software engineers in NYC are the worst in the nation. You don't even get a cost of living adjustment. If I wanted to move there, I'd be making the same or less than my salary as Dallas, which pegs me at near poverty levels for living in Manhattan.

I just don't see what you're saying, as a former New Yorker and a "tech bro".
(04-20-2020, 05:59 PM)fullthrottle Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Here Are Words Wrote: Travesty, I promise you that gender ratio is changing ASAP in NYC. We get flooded with tech bros left and right and the female ratio cannot seem to keep up enough. Even with the women we get, there are not as many Euro girls here as there are women from undesirable dumps like Toronto and San Fran who come here to look cool and live the social media YOLO life. Once you are boots on the ground in the city, you see how much worse it gets every year, largely due to the tech boom.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

There really isn't this mass movement of SF tech people to NYC. There certainly isn't an incentive for this move... neither in terms of cost of living or job opportunities or climate.

The salaries for software engineers in NYC are the worst in the nation. You don't even get a cost of living adjustment. If I wanted to move there, I'd be making the same or less than my salary as Dallas, which pegs me at near poverty levels for living in Manhattan.

I just don't see what you're saying, as a former New Yorker and a "tech bro".

Google recently opened up an office in Manhattan and more tech companies expand every year there. Software engineers are not the only people in tech, you also get a lot of other roles at tech companies tool, lol even social justice roles. 

There is an influx because someone could sacrifice a couple thousand for better ratios and a more fun city.