Corona - Which countries accept foreigners right now?
Italy confirmed yesterday that they are opening to EU visitors without quarantine from the 3rd June. Great move to crash these ridiculous bans!
I would honestly give a chance at Rome or the South of Italy. Today there were only 2 covid cases in Rome city and only other 20 covid cases out of 15 million people living in the South. From what I read, things are pretty much coming back to normal even in terms of beaches, nightlife and bars.
(05-29-2020, 06:04 PM)Magic Carpet Wrote: God... I'm glad I'm European. We'll probably have the best passport for the coming years. Don't like one country's freedom restrictions? I can move to another European country.

Anglosaxons, on the other hand... you seem pretty much fucked.

I've never heard a "European" person refer to themselves as such and not the country that they are from.

Europe doesn't have a passport, it says your country on the front of your passport.

Most "Anglosaxons" really don't give a fuck about moving to a EU country, if they want to then they should sort it out by the end of the year. Even after that there are ways.
(05-30-2020, 06:44 PM)Mute7410 Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 06:27 PM)SC87 Wrote: They are starting to open up bars and restaurants in Mexico now but getting a flight there could be an issue still.

Really? Are you in Mexico now? How's it been there with Tinder? Would you recommend going there?

No I'm not but I was talking to a friend down there, it's still hard to get a flight there though.
I just booked plane tickets from Amsterdam to Portugal. I'm flying to Faro next Sunday, working my way up north by rail, and flying back from Porto at the end of the month. Just because those are the cheapest flights and I do want to see different parts of the country. Trains are apparently running, although at reduced capacity and with masks mandatory.

There is still a small risk that flights get cancelled or the Portuguese government decide to be selective about whom they'll allow in, like Greece, but it's worth taking the chance. The airline company I booked with offers refunds if they have to cancel any flights, or vouchers, with the possibility of a refund if you don't end up using them after all.

It's a bit of a jump into the dark, and most of my friends and family will think I'm insane. Everyone's glued to the television which says that you shouldn't expect foreign holidays this summer. But for me that's all the more reason to go for it.

I'll give it a couple of days before I actually book accommodation. Today is the last day of the "state of calamity" in Portugal; after that, everything is supposed to be open. If not, it'll probably be announced next week after Whitsun. If I don't get hit with cancellations by Tuesday/Wednesday-ish, I'll start booking. AirBnB prices look pretty good, with around €50/night for a whole apartment in Faro, and around €30/night in Porto (maybe just due to the later dates). Haven't checked Lisbon yet, nor other hotel booking sites.

Let's mask up (as a formality) and do this shit. There is a time for the post-coronal age to start, and I say that time is now. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
(05-30-2020, 10:50 AM)Magic Carpet Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 03:31 AM)SC87 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 06:04 PM)Magic Carpet Wrote: God... I'm glad I'm European. We'll probably have the best passport for the coming years. Don't like one country's freedom restrictions? I can move to another European country.

Anglosaxons, on the other hand... you seem pretty much fucked.

Best of both worlds is being from the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ or USA and having an EU passport from heritage, then you won't have the built in gayness of being "European."

? No offense, but are you aware that Europeans have more value around the world? Apart from vulgar third-world countries like Colombia or Philippines, where the local girls prefer Americans... But who cares about these countries

What are the countries where local girls value European men the way American men are valued in Colombia and the Philippines?
Some positive news here:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news...ivals.html

Quote:By last Thursday [May 28th] Ryanair had sold 30 per cent of its July seats, compared to 60 per cent at the same time last year

30% of seats sold - on a smaller than normal number of flights - is obviously nowhere as good as a normal July, but thats still surprisingly high given things are only now beginning to open up, public sentiment change etc.

That should improve hugely as people book last minute trips in June for July too. And August will hopefully be even better.
I reported the other day that we Dutchies are barred from Greece, but that has already changed. I've pulled this article through Google Translate to give you guys an idea of how much thought goes into these corona measures:

Quote:Greece will allow Dutch tourists from 15 June. Everyone who flies from the airports in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven or Maastricht is tested for the corona virus. If the result is positive, the following applies: two weeks under supervision in a quarantine hotel. Travelers who do not have the virus will have to self-isolate for a week without supervision.

This follows from a new announcement by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Greece announced on Friday that it will open its borders from 15 June for visitors with nationalities from 29 'safe' countries. The Netherlands was not on that list, as were the United Kingdom, Italy and Spain, for example.

People from those 'unsafe' countries should not be allowed to enter Greece, even if they board a plane in a 'safe' country like Germany. The measure led to criticism. Selecting on nationality is not allowed, says the European Commission.

Exception Groningen airport

The policy has been adjusted and, according to the Greek government, is now about the airport where a traveler comes from, no longer about nationality. The Greek authorities base this on a list of the European aviation organization EASA with airports in 'risk areas'.

Airport Groningen Airport Eelde is the exception in the Netherlands, because it is not on the list of risk areas. If you fly from that airport you can theoretically also be tested, but that happens on a random basis. For example, there are no German airports on the list either. In theory, as a Dutchman, you can also fly from a German airport to avoid having to be tested on arrival in Greece.

For the time being, the above policy applies from 15 to 30 June. From 1 July, travelers from all countries will be able to be randomly tested for corona upon arrival at a Greek airport. The additional measures for risk areas will become clear later.

"Self-isolate for a week without supervision", the fuck does that even mean? Dutchies can travel to the far, cold north of Groningen and travel from the airport there (or Germany), and suddenly their situation is completely different, even if they live in a part of the country with a higher risk.

To me the only conclusion from the above article is that government policies are utterly arbitary and have nothing to do with public health, but with politics. It'll be an interesting summer for sure. The way I envision it, some people will be chilling out in nice destinations, while others will have bureaucratic nightmares and get sent home in disgrace and with a fine. You'll want to pick destinations carefully to increase the odds of ending up in the right category. I do not see any rhyme or reason behind any of this.
(05-30-2020, 10:12 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: I've never heard a "European" person refer to themselves as such and not the country that they are from.

Europe doesn't have a passport, it says your country on the front of your passport.

Thanks for the precision, this was very useful to the conversation. Multiple European countries that are currently open to foreigners only allow those coming from a European country. Which is why I wrote "European".

(05-30-2020, 10:12 PM)deb_auchery Wrote: Most "Anglosaxons" really don't give a fuck about moving to a EU country, if they want to then they should sort it out by the end of the year. Even after that there are ways.

That seems great. I'm glad Anglosaxons have it sorted out for the end of the year, hopefully, and if a vaccine is found and there is no further lockdown.

(Yesterday, 11:18 AM)Number13 Wrote: What are the countries where local girls value European men the way American men are valued in Colombia and the Philippines?

I don't think there's an equivalent country for Europeans. Because usa tourists are the only ones who often look like this when they are abroad :

[Image: 700-02265180en_Masterfile.jpg]
Only three countries i'm considering, Ukraine, Serbia and Armenia.

Anyone know what's going on with any of them right now?