Any issues with COVID-19 gym closures
I am a member of 24 hour fitness. They are still closed in California. I would work out for three hour sessions. But I read that in states where they are opening you need to make an appointment and can only work 1 hour at a time - which is nothing. Also, I chose the gym because I like going to the Sauna and Jacuzzi afterwards. But I am sure that that is going to be history until there is a vaccine. So, I am thinking of just canceling. The gym was a big part of my life and now its over.
I'm on every restock alert list for dumbbells and weight plates in the American sporting goods world.
(05-22-2020, 01:59 PM)Jetset Wrote: I'm on every restock alert list for dumbbells and weight plates in the American sporting goods world.

Are dumbbells seriously out of stock?  I had most of my set basically in place well before the pandemic, but it would be good to know in case I ever wanted to add a little bit to my mini collection...  Glad I invested in a used treadmill a couple years ago.

(05-22-2020, 01:59 PM)Jetset Wrote: I'm on every restock alert list for dumbbells and weight plates in the American sporting goods world.

Hah, you're right bud.  Looks like I might need to wait a bit till I add to my personal collection.  Will likely have to make do with what I have for the time being...
My gym is pretty much back to normal now outside of a couple small plexiglass dividers between the cardio equipment.

I'm blaming the virus for putting on roughly 20 lbs, the first time I've checked since the beginning of all this was yesterday. So now instead of just dropping 10 like I wanted to in February/March I need to drop 30... great.
Gym opening in NL July 1st.

I’ve gained about 10lbs or so in the pandemic.

Im gonna jump back in as soon as I get my new vehicle next month.
I lost 8 pounds during the pandemic.
Have not been using the gym, incidentally my gym membership lapsed during covid.

have a shit ton of 40 lbs water bottles that are useful for lifting and doing the 100 pushups, situps, squats and yoga routine coupled with some intense terrain running.

In the future I hope to get on the tennis courts, but as far as I know the tennis courts are closed rn.

I've gotten way healthier since corona started.

Noticed that I just basically stopped eating fast food as well.

Anyway my buddy can't handle corona kept making excuses for not working out, pertaining to not having a gym to work out in, and I told him to deeply study how men work out in prison. For me that is the definition of a lockdown and still making gains.

I highly advise yall to look up "Wes Watson" or "Wes Watson lockdown" on youtube. For one the guy has an awesome channel, giving life advise as an ex-prisoner. Especially his stuff on workouts in prison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCbuxOww-w
24 Hour Fitness is open is California. But to workout you have to make a reservation and you get a 1 hour slot. Furthermore, the sauna and jacuzzi is closed with no open date in sight. I use to work out for three hours and then enjoy the jacuzzi. Now it is worthless and I am going to cancel. There is a park nearby and I have been getting the same level of fitness working out in the park.
Planet Fatness (Fitness) has been open in my area of Virginia/USA since June 8th.  Virtually none (1 in 20 or so) of the clients wear masks but the staff does.  They have placed signs all over the gym regarding "social fitnessing" and blocked off about the half the machines but not much else seems impacted other than annoying advertisements on their TVs about being clean, etc.   

I'm also seeing something of a trend that younger employees are more casual about wearing and enforcing the mask thing than older employees.  The younger guy at the ice rink didn't say anything to me today but the older guy last week was following the rules by the letter.
Still no gyms where I am. No guidance on when we might have gyms again. Kind of shit since I chose this building for the on-site gym.

YorkBarbell.com has seemingly started opening their website to order for about half an hour or so around 11:00 am on some days. Keeping an eye on it for the next window to order a set of plates. Been working with a macebell, a kettlebell, and a pullup bar this whole time but can hardly wait to get serious again.
(08-02-2020, 12:51 PM)Jetset Wrote: Still no gyms where I am. No guidance on when we might have gyms again. Kind of shit since I chose this building for the on-site gym.

YorkBarbell.com has seemingly started opening their website to order for about half an hour or so around 11:00 am on some days. Keeping an eye on it for the next window to order a set of plates. Been working with a macebell, a kettlebell, and a pullup bar this whole time but can hardly wait to get serious again.

That sucks gym-wise.  Planet Fatness tried to implement a nationwide forced mask policy (must wear EVEN during your workout) beginning yesterday but reversed themselves almost immediately.  Clearly, the bridge too far was crossed.
I walked into LA Fitness waving around a negative COVID test from within the past 24 hours and they still made me wear a mask. It's nice that there are less people in the gym, but at least half of the equipment is blocked off. With fewer people in the gym you would think it really wouldn't be so much of an issue that they need to rope off so much equipment.
"I'm not worried if they get pregnant. That is what they are made for. They will figure it out."

-Mister Happy
(08-02-2020, 03:07 PM)el_hefe Wrote: I walked into LA Fitness waving around a negative COVID test from within the past 24 hours and they still made me wear a mask.  It's nice that there are less people in the gym, but at least half of the equipment is blocked off.  With fewer people in the gym you would think it really wouldn't be so much of an issue that they need to rope off so much equipment.

I was fully prepared to cancel my membership over the mask faggotry.  Are you in a lib stronghold?
They really expect people to workout in a gym with a mask on? Thats insanity, potentially very dangerous aswell. I don't think any countries in Europe have this 'rule'. The gyms in Poland are back to normal, all they did was put some hand sanitiser at the entrance.
(05-22-2020, 05:11 AM)Telesio Wrote: I am a member of 24 hour fitness.  They are still closed in California.  I would work out for three hour sessions.  But I read that in states where they are opening you need to make an appointment and can only work 1 hour at a time - which is nothing.  Also, I chose the gym because I like going to the Sauna and Jacuzzi afterwards.  But I am sure that that is going to be history until there is a vaccine.  So, I am thinking of just canceling.  The gym was a big part of my life and now its over.

1 hour is more than enough time for a workout. Be more efficient with your time
I have to book appointments for my gym and wear a mask but the fact that there are less people in the gym overall is great. Only the seemingly serious people are at the gym now and there is hardly any wait for free weights and machines. Unfortunately, there are no classes and sauna but I can live without those for a while
With gyms closed where I am, I finally bit the bullet and paid a hefty premium to buy some of those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells from a private party (drove out of state just to pick them up). Crazy how valuable people's old gym equipment has become on Craigslist.
I just received an e-mail this morning that my gym 24 hour fitness filed for bankruptcy. Another casualty of the beer bug overreaction.
(08-27-2020, 02:29 PM)Telesio Wrote: I just received an e-mail this morning that my gym 24 hour fitness filed for bankruptcy.  Another casualty of the beer bug overreaction.

That's insane. You'd think they'd be one of the gyms that would manage to survive. Their gyms are basically automated.