Poll: How much have you been affected by Covid19?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have not changed any plans / activities in slightest
20.93%
9 20.93%
a bit, am dialling things down somewhat
48.84%
21 48.84%
i'm fulling prepped ready for month long quarantine
18.60%
8 18.60%
i am the angel of death, the time for purification is nigh
11.63%
5 11.63%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Corona affecting your plans?
My initial plan this year was to go on something of an extended road trip, starting in the Balkans and ending in the Caucusus. 

With the current Corona situation i've put things on hold, and am instead keeping an eye on the situtation. 

I do think the panic is somewhat overblown, and from a personal basis, i would likely be fine if i caught it. likely at worse have a bad cold for a week, quite possibly be completely asymptonatic. But i think the wider fear-based climate makes it a bad time to be travelling, plus the uncertainity of booking things in advance, transport and infrastructure being affected.

I have dialled down my general social contact, tried to restrict time spent in crowds and am somewhat wary about being in busy bars, public transport.

Quite possibly an overreaction, but i am living abroad in a location i've only been in for a couple of months. If i get sick i'm really entirely on my own, with no back up. 

I dunno, just seems a good time to dial things down and catch up on some other projects, and/or self reflect really.
Yeah I don't think airports, airplanes, or crowded public places like sporting events are a good idea right now.

Hopefully come summer the virus is more contained.
(03-08-2020, 11:39 AM)Hypno Wrote: Hopefully come summer the virus is more contained.

Can't see how that's feasible at all. 

I think all we can hope for is that it mutates into a weaker form, or just washes over, within minimum mortalities and serious effects. 

Dr John Campell on YouTube been the best source on it from the off. He believes its likely that 60-80% of world will catch it at some point, most being a bit of a cold, and some not even noticing. The problem is that it seems some people cop for a particular bad case of it, for some unknown reason. And the potential consequences for the old & infirm.
I am holding off on making overseas travel plans and I will drive from Florida up to New York instead of taking the Amtrak Autotrain.  

I am hoping however to see that business class tickets to Europe will be slashed very soon however.  I will take my chances and bring along Purell for my flights.
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
I was planning a trip in Western Europe, but the quarantines there have me delaying that.

Probably not a big risk but the atmosphere will be a bit negative if people are worried.

Maybe in a couple weeks once things shake out.
I'm not concerned about catching it in public, but I am concerned about chicks coming over because you can't vouch for those dirty sluts.

I had a flu a few weeks ago, who knows if that was it.
lmk if you have any questions man
I've flown across the world and back during this outbreak - sans mask.

Maybe I'm reckless or have a granite constitution but I'm just not worried about it. Only country that I'd avoid right now is China and possibly Italy. Not that I'm concerned about the virus so much, but rather I dont want to be quarantined for weeks with a bunch of sick people.

(03-08-2020, 01:37 PM)churros Wrote: I'm not concerned about catching it in public, but I am concerned about chicks coming over because you can't vouch for those dirty sluts.

This makes no sense. The greatest risk of contagion is public places. And the virus is spread by drops when one coughs or sneezes not sexually lol.
It's the flu... they do it every year and give it a fancy name. It's also a political move by the media to cause turmoil and distraction during the American election cycle.

Unless its genetically engineered I am not worried.
This is all way overblown by the media.  Unless you are older and have some sort of serious underlying health condition, then you really have nothing to worry about.  And yes this even applies to traveling.  Don't touch your face/nose/mouth and wash your hands before eating.  Worst case scenario you catch the Wuflu and have to sit things out for a week, then you'll be immune to it.

The biggest legit concern should be getting quarantined in a foreign country, which might not be much different than incarceration for a few weeks.  Or getting stuck on one of those cruise ships.

(03-08-2020, 11:39 AM)Hypno Wrote: Yeah I don't think airports, airplanes, or crowded public places like sporting events are a good idea right now.

Hopefully come summer the virus is more contained.

I think you'll be fine, just don't lick the floor and wash your hands before putting stuff in your mouth.
I'm kind of conflicted on this. I think it's serious and I've done some small-time prepping, but I also have travel plans that I would hate to cancel. My job is driving me pretty nuts and I have a 4-week trip lined up.

For myself I'm not worried about catching it or dying from it as I'm young and healthy, but I find the social consequences worrying: lockdowns, mass panic, vile landwhales fighting over toilet paper, that kind of shit. I don't have much faith in the veneer of civilisation once people start panicking.

My planned trip takes me through Paris, Venice and then down the Balkans, and that's only the start, so yeah... It won't be until the end of May, so it'll be interesting to see how the situation develops. Right now there are quarantine measures in place in northern Italy including Venice, and my government now advises against all travel there, and yet trains and flights continue there as normal. Very confusing, and I understand it's confusing for the people there as well. Undoubtedly this will be clarified one way or the other in the next few months...
(03-08-2020, 04:33 PM)RIslander Wrote: It's the flu... they do it every year and give it a fancy name. It's also a political move by the media to cause turmoil and distraction during the American election cycle.

It really isn't 'just the flu'. 

Flu kills around .4% per year. This is 10x the mortality rate.

This guy has been the only person worth listening to since day one. 

A respiratory doctor from UK. 

Says it's the worst pandemic since 1919.

I'm inclined to take his word over than people indulging in Normalcy Bias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_yExFZFYw&t=
SXSW got cancel thanks to this 'epidemic'. I didn't change my plans, the people around me changed them for me.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(03-08-2020, 07:02 PM)Greavsie Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 04:33 PM)RIslander Wrote: It's the flu... they do it every year and give it a fancy name. It's also a political move by the media to cause turmoil and distraction during the American election cycle.

It really isn't 'just the flu'. 

Flu kills around .4% per year. This is 10x the mortality rate.

This guy has been the only person worth listening to since day one. 

A respiratory doctor from UK. 

Says it's the worst pandemic since 1919.

I'm inclined to take his word over than people indulging in Normalcy Bias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_yExFZFYw&t=

That so called 10X mortality is with confirmed cases. 

How many people caught this thing and either didn't know about it or just waited it out?

This whole thing is bullshit. If you come in contact with someone that has it, you have a 1/1000 chance of dying. 3% infection rate and 3% death rate. Check the Chinese testing stats on worldometers.com to verify this if you want.
I have a severe respiratory infection currently while traveling. It's turned out to be an expensive problem.

I haven't left my hotel room in 2 days. Like a man. The idea of healthcare professionals with 10 years of post-graduate education advocating self-quarantine, hand-sanitizer, no face touching and masks are hilarious to me. People are fucking spewing left and right, and its aerosolized. You're going to fucking get it.

I don't know if its coronavirus or I ate some bad pussy.
Any ideas when quarantines will be lifted?
I heard April 3 somewhere. Would suck to go there but find all the restaurants and sightseeing closed with the streets deserted.
I got the flu pretty bad for a few days last week. I am taking two 2 week trips this year to the Baltics. I am not stopping for anything.
(03-08-2020, 03:46 PM)SpecialEd Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 01:37 PM)churros Wrote: I'm not concerned about catching it in public, but I am concerned about chicks coming over because you can't vouch for those dirty sluts.

This makes no sense. The greatest risk of contagion is public places. And the virus is spread by drops when one coughs or sneezes not sexually lol.

... You don't kiss your girls?
lmk if you have any questions man
^Not on the mouth lol.
(03-08-2020, 11:46 AM)Greavsie Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 11:39 AM)Hypno Wrote: Hopefully come summer the virus is more contained.

Can't see how that's feasible at all. 

Not sure of the mechanism, but cold and flu season is always in the winter.  And with Corona Virus, we've seen few cases in the Southern Hemisphere which was experiencing summer and is now moving into Fall.
Its about to get complicated..

Vietnam is now blaming foreigners for bringing the disease in. A rich Viet woman lied about her travels and brought it back from Italy and infected several Foreigners on the plane.

So the Viets are focusing on the fact that Foreigners havent been wearing masks (just like Thai Govt minister did before) whilst ignoring the fact that most Viets dont wear masks either and it was their own compatriot who lied and brought the new influx with her.

Last night a bunch of locals had a go at me for not wearing a mask as I entered my hotel.. well, no one on that crowded street was wearing a mask, including my accusers.

But yeah Visa on arrival are about to be banned and probably visas at land borders too whilst there is talk of the likes of Belgians Italians French etc all being barred outright (hard to tell for sure with online announcements).

When in doubt blame the foreigner. But compared to China it seems almost amateurish and charming.

Countries with over 500 cases will be banned from entry for their citizens.

A while ago the Viet No 2 announced Vietnam was to become a dual language Viet-English education system.. nothing ever happened with that. Sometimes they just say these things and then enact only 50%.. if at all.

Movement between countries in SEA is about to become more complicated according to the spread in ones home country.

EDIT: There were a bunch of Mainland Chinese around me last night, pretty arrogant and spastic people, but the chicks were pretty hot. And they were eye fucking the shit out of me.. People talk about the 'golden age' of the Phils Thailand (when in many ways they were probably also shit holes at the time) .. Well in terms of foreigner value amongst women it seems that PRC remains THE place where Ive experienced the most interest from local girls in recent years..