Planning a trip to Philippines
I was thinking that this thread might deserve a bump, so I hope that I am not reviving the dead in a way that guys protest too much. hahahahaha

I do know that there is at least one other recently popular Philippines threads in the forum that I had read through and posted a few times in recent months, yet this thread does seem to have a decently good and seemingly appropriate title, even though there has ONLY been one response here since 2017 (what's up like that, guys?), and seems to be the seminal Philippines thread for the forum.  

I have not yet booked my flight tickets, but I am tentatively considering to plan about a 2-3 month trip between about mid April to about mid July, so maybe up to one month in each of three locations.. considering Manila, Cebu and Davao... .. Probably, I will book my initial flight within the next couple of weeks.... just tentatively considering possibilities.  

As far as lodging, I probably want to go a little bit upscale to have a pool and a gym and a kitchen... just thinking.... since it would be my first trip to the phils i do want to have a decently comfortable base and to feel comfortable with my stuff not getting fucked with.. but don't want to get gouged in terms of lodging prices, either... 

By the way, if the Corona virus begins to scare me about my ability to either get back to the USA or that there is NOT going to be good interaction with people and girls of course, because people are continuing to engage in locking themselves away in their houses, then my alternative plan would be to consider to travel to Colombia and/or Venezuela.. or maybe some other Latin America location such as Dominica Republic..   I would not mind practicing my spanish... even though I do tend to feel more comfortable in asian atmospheres (even though asian peeps are not really getting a good rap, recently with the corona hype... )

Currently, I have some flexibility, and am still in the relatively early stages of considering matters with a tentative timeline that is coming up soon, so I am going to have to lock some things in soon, too, and also juggling a bit to try to take care of some of my other hometown matters (such as getting my taxes filed, and getting some of my other personal matters sorted and hoping that none of it really gets in the way... ) in order that I am going to feel comfortable to travel for 2-3 months.. or maybe i might have to cut it down to 2 months if I cannot make sure to get my shit sufficiently and meaningfully together in any kind of adequate way.... I did just get back from an 8 day trip to Panama.. so kind of sorting through some of that, too.
Woops.  

I accidentally posted the wrong message here... so I had to edit out my previous text to consider some kind of new message of possible meaningful/relevant substance.... rather than just posting a blank page.

So, here goes:
Any guy here employed a personal assistant in the phils?  maybe someone with a combination of skills?  Though sometimes a driver and a cook and a cleaner might be different people?

How about shopping for good food in the phils, such as beef?  Quite a premium on beef?  Availability? I would imagine that each location, Manila, Cebu and Davao has its local specialties and challenges.

I had seen that there were a lot of Koreans in Cebu, but I was having some trouble finding "all you can eat Korean BBQ" online; however, seems that there were more options for some kind of similar food in Manila... strange, but that was what I found from internet search attempts, so far.
(03-09-2020, 11:23 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Woops.  

I accidentally posted the wrong message here... so I had to edit out my previous text to consider some kind of new message of possible meaningful/relevant substance.... rather than just posting a blank page.

So, here goes:
Any guy here employed a personal assistant in the phils?  maybe someone with a combination of skills?  Though sometimes a driver and a cook and a cleaner might be different people?

How about shopping for good food in the phils, such as beef?  Quite a premium on beef?  Availability? I would imagine that each location, Manila, Cebu and Davao has its local specialties and challenges.

I had seen that there were a lot of Koreans in Cebu, but I was having some trouble finding "all you can eat Korean BBQ" online; however, seems that there were more options for some kind of similar food in Manila... strange, but that was what I found from internet search attempts, so far.

I'm in Cebu right now. I'm not sure about the personal assistant thing, but pretty much everyone here speaks pretty good English and salaries are very low. It should be easy to find someone. 

Any Robinson's supermarket is going to have good beef. It's more expensive than the US, but where isn't? There are tons of KBBQ places all over. The typical price is something like P299 for all you can eat samgyeopsal with side dishes. If you want the all you can eat beef option, it's usually between P349 and P399. A particularly good chain is "Samgyupsalamat." It's P449 all you can eat pork and P499 all you can eat beef. Filipinos love their all you can eat buffets. 

Use this website in place of Yelp in the Philippines:
https://www.zomato.com/philippines