TV Show Thread
Trump: an American Dream was excellent. Especially in light of his disappointing presidency and the fact that MAGA totally fizzled out. It was surprisingly objective for a Netflix doc. Recommended.
I started watching Mr. Robot (usa corp. cable production along with universal tv and "anonymous content") last night after eating a steak and a potato after the gym.  I fell to sleep at the end of ep 4.  Even though I am a programmer and a tech, I didn't feel a connection to the main character.  Or really any of the characters.  Good surface *nix commands, y0.  (Why aren't you in Amber mode?)  

Is there anyone here who likes the show and can try to explain it?

I would really like to understand why it gets such high ratings.
I really didn't enjoy Mr. Robot either. I never went beyond a few episodes, but judging from the scenes I saw, I'm fairly sure what the big reveal was going to be at the end of Season One. None of the characters are especially likeable (or even someone who is fun to hate). I lost interest pretty quick.

(02-13-2020, 06:07 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote: Trump: an American Dream was excellent. Especially in light of his disappointing presidency and the fact that MAGA totally fizzled out. It was surprisingly objective for a Netflix doc. Recommended.

I will need to watch that. This is the first I've even heard of this film.
Just started The Day After. It's a Russian show strangely available on Amazon Prime. Looks like a zombie apocalypse meets a dozen characters in a lock room. It's pretty good.
Anyone seen "the road to calvary" on Netflix? Its about two russian upper class girls in 1917 who are in love with men caught up in the revolution.

The way it unravels and ends had me emotional, I thought it was very good. Its russian with English subtitles.
It starts slow but the second half of the series really grips you with how drastically the characters change with the collapse of russia.
(02-14-2020, 03:02 AM)Suits Wrote: I really didn't enjoy Mr. Robot either. I never went beyond a few episodes, but judging from the scenes I saw, I'm fairly sure what the big reveal was going to be at the end of Season One. None of the characters are especially likeable (or even someone who is fun to hate). I lost interest pretty quick.
@suits: I went ahead and done did it.  I watched until the end of Season One.  (I'm the sort who never gives up, even in times of trouble -- within reason and wisdom, of course.  Yes, such has led me down bad roads at times, but more often than not I arrive at higher higher ground after the bullshit is done.) Let me know how you thought S1 would end and why.  I will rate your answers on a scale of 1 to 10 for accuracy -- with full-blown spoilers, if you want ; - )
** Note: I don't think this show is for the weak of heart or for those who harbor antifa/blackblock dreams.  I'm pretty damn sure there are subliminal "mk ultra" cues planted in certain scenes ^_^
Latest season of Narcos is a little weak. Not GOT season 8 bad but noticeably worse than the previous seasons. For the first time since starting the show I was actually a little bored. The guy who plays Walt is just an awful actor with zero range or charisma. The dude playing Chapo and Diego Luna are keeping it together.
I've watched 4 episodes and I think it's ok but the scenes with Acosta and that gringa seem like a waste of time. The guy playing Walt I remember from watching the first two or so seasons of Halt and catch fire, he's kind of a pussy so he doesn't seem believable in his role.
As an aside, I find that I watch more tv/yt when I am in a steady relationship with a girl than not. Ymmv.
Anyone else watching Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10? It's fucking hilarious... Larry doesn't give a shit anymore he's going all out.
I finished Giri/Haji recently on Netflix. I was definitely enjoying most of the episodes and the build up, but unfortunately the final episode was a major let down.

I rarely watch shows or movies these days, so it felt like another reminder that my time is better spent being more productive.
(02-24-2020, 03:47 PM)RIslander Wrote: Anyone else watching Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10? It's fucking hilarious... Larry doesn't give a shit anymore he's going all out.

I love it. Obviously.