The real deal on living in Africa
This is one of the most common questions I get whenever meeting people. What is it really like to be living in Africa?? Many established members have also told me they are thinking of visiting the continent and every year I get questions on when to go, where to go, if we can do a mutual trip maybe etc.

In this thread, I will answer some of the basic questions I got and I can answer specific things as well to the best of my knowledge should anyone have any inquiries. 

I lived for about 2 years in West Africa, a year in East Africa and have travelled in South and North Africa. In total I lived/visited 13 African countries so far. That doesn't make me an all-knowing Africa expert but good enough to start sharing some real information.

-Is Africa all the same outside of the Arab world?

No, there are very big differences between countries the same as everywhere in the world! Rwanda, for instance, is a completely different country than Eq. Guinea. Cameroon is nothing like Ethiopia, which is different from Kenya etc. What does have some value are the regional denominations. There is a certain difference between East Africa, South Africa, Central Africa, West Africa and North Africa that gives these categories a reason. I will go into that later. Nevertheless, within these categories there are 'weird' countries. Ethiopia has a very different culture from most of East Africa. West Africa is especially complicated since you have strong differences between Nigeria and Senegal for instance and the countries in their vicinity. Then you have Muslim countries with a lot of conflicts like Mali or Burkina Faso that are a whole other deal. They also have the language split between French and English and historically there has been a lot of difference through colonization. 

-Is it a good idea to go to Africa if you are not an experienced traveler?

Nope, probably not. Africa is a lot harsher in many ways than Eastern Europe, Asia or Latin America. This is mainly a continent of people struggling to survive and thus also of many hustlers (men and female). This means you gotta be on your toes all the time. You stand out and people know you have money. There are a few places where you can go where you won't be taking too much risk, mainly where tourism industry is more advanced, like Zanzibar (Tanzania), South Africa, Rwanda (insane security), Sao Tome (small island), complete tours in Kenya/Tanzania where all is taken care off and some places in North Africa. If you are not white, things might be easier in terms of security and not getting harassed, but people will still know you are different. 

-Is Africa dangerous?

Depends on where, but it is not as dangerous as you would think. For instance, armed robberies, I don't think most African countries are riskier than let's say Colombia or Brazil. Many are likely to be safer even, since there is not so much access to weapons and government repression can be really tough. Ghana and Ethiopia, for instance, are known to have low-security issues. Rwanda is safer than most western countries since they are so organized and have zero-tolerance. Nevertheless, statistics also are not reliable here, so no one really knows what the actual risks are. One big difference for me is countries where there are issues with terrorism or with drugs. For instance, Kenya is a great place but tourists have been targets there both for normal crime as well as for terrorism. South Africa is much more advanced but struggles with drug issues and racial targetting, which makes that in Capetown at night, some junkie with a knife might see you as an opportunity. In other countries, the respect (or the fear) for white people is that high still that it is not in the mind of the common criminal to rob you. He knows that fucking with whitey might make his life a whole lot more different. For terrorism, countries with large Muslim populations should be avoided: Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, CAF, Nigeria, Mauretania, Niger, Sudan... Countries like Cameroon, Eritrea, DRC have other security issues that make them suboptimal.

-So where should I go?

First of all, what are you looking for? You wanna get the real deal? You wanna bang thick black chicks? You wanna go on safari and take a pic with a giraffe? It all depends, but let me give some basic advice. First of all, go where you speak the language. Don't go to ex french colony when you speak only English. Don't go to an ex Portuguese colony either. Now that you have that in mind.

If you speak English, do go to: Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Rwanda/Botswana/South Africa/Namibia/Zimbabwe/Zambia/Malawi/Ghana. Don't go to Nigeria/Cameroon/Sierra Leone/Liberia. 

If you speak Portuguese, do go to: Sao Tome/Cape Verde/Mozambique. Don't go to Angola. 

If you speak Spanish, go to Latin America, fuck Equatorial Guinea.

If you speak French, do go to: Rwanda/Senegal/Tunisia/Algeria/Morocco. Don't go to all the rest, except maybe Madagascar which seems interesting as well. 

In general terms, avoid all of Central Africa and West Africa (except for Senegal, Ghana, Sao Tome, Cape Verde) for a first time visitor. East and South Africa are the better options! For the typical guy that would read this, I'd say start with Kenya and Uganda or South Africa. Mauritius and Reunion islands are also good but probably more for luxury tourism.

-Why should I go to Africa?

Amazing landscapes that are untouched, great diversity of cultures, animals and biodiversity, crazy nightlife and sexy black women.

-So how are the women in Africa?

If you are into black women, you will find some real gems. First of all, curves are everywhere and yes they even beat out the Colombian/Brazilian women in ass! The tits are hit or miss depending on the region/country. Sex can come quite easy in Africa, however so does financial drama that often goes accompanied with it. African women have no issues with sex, but they do realize it is their main asset and moneymaker. Depending on the country this might mean that they will fuck you easily for being a foreigner, hoping for a chance at a better future, but with nothing else asked for or in another country every hot girl might ask money for sex especially since you are a foreigner. It all depends. 

In general, they respect strong men. They want to be dominated, but they put up a much harder fight than the other races. Romanticism doesn't work here, money does. Don't buy her a small flower on the street, do take her to a nice restaurant. The concept of love is dead here. They want a strong provider. A strong physique is an asset, but less so than in the west. They will respect you more if you have money than if you are big. Every other African guy can be big, it doesn't matter too much. What does matter is how hard you can fuck em, so that ties into physique as well. In this sense it is kind of a hard reality. Your main asset is your (financial) power. That is why many older expats love it, since they can still bang the best girls here (sometimes for a fee), while other younger guys might be disappointed as every other girl they meet seems to just try to get some financial deal out of it ("why doesn't my game work here?"). For the younger crowd, don't worry, you can still get laid plenty here with nice women, but it might be a less satisfying experience here than in Latin America or SEA depending on your character.

With regards to sex, it can be amazing here in Africa, because they know how to fuck and they are never shy about it. However, don't think you can turn these girls with sex, it won't work. They fuck because you deserve it as a (possible) provider, not because they need it. They won't fall for you after some good bangs and they won't ask for sex. Sex is what the man get's when he treats em well, not something that women enjoy (in their culture). In my opinion that makes that although sex is everywhere in Africa, African women are not as horny as Latinas for instance. 

-What game works in Africa?

None (or all) really, what is much more important I guess is frame and being extroverted. Frame meaning you got to be able to resist being intimidated at all times. Whenever you are in some possible conflict situation, don't back down. You are the one with value and you demand respect. You need to be somewhat extroverted since all Africans are like that. If you chat up random people on the street, make silly jokes, party hard and are not shy to walk into a shitty bar in some rundown area to ask for a beer, you will do great in Africa. Day game is a good option here as well for finding the good girls as they generally won't be found in nightlife. Online is very dependent on the country. It works magic in most of East Africa, but in Central Africa can be overrun by whores. It depends. In many countries same day lays are common, in others like Ethiopia for instance, you will have to work a bit harder. Being ironic, negging, demonstrating intelligence, complicated jokes etc. don't really work in the African context. Try to be playful, easy-going, dominant and careless. 

-Is Africa cheap?

Not really no, unfortunately. It often is more expensive than Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America because the inequality is so insanely high. If you wanna have any modern amenities you belong to the rich top class, so often the big expense is in housing/hotels and in transport (flight tickets). Food is generally quite cheap as is the nightlife. Internet/data also affordable in most countries, but the quality is variable. For most countries, think of 50$/night as a standard for good accommodation. If you want to party hard it can also become expensive. If you have an iron stomach and can eat street food, don't mind shitty bedbugs ridden hotels and long cramped together bus rides, then yes, Africa can be very cheap. 

-Where are the hottest girls in Africa?

If you like a lighter look I'd say Ethiopia and probably Cape Verde are great options. If you don't mind dark but like tall, model-like chicks, then Nigeria, Senegal (real dark) and the Tutsis in Rwanda have stunning talent. I also heard great things about Guinean and Angolan women as they are often lighter true mixing with Portuguese blood, but still have those amazing curves. The ugliest girls I've seen were in Zanzibar, Tanzania. The best asses are no doubt in West Africa. Cameroon has talent as well, but very shitty attitudes.

-Where are the easiest girls in Africa?

Uganda and Kenya definitely have very easy women and yet you can find good quality. I imagine Tanzania to be similar as well. From other sources, I heard Mozambique has very pretty and very crazy women and possibly Madagascar as well. 

- What about health risks?

This is a real issue. I've had to deal with tons of tropical diseases, including malaria, typhoid, etc. Even less dangerous things like bedbugs, amoebas etc. are a real pain in the ass and can make a short trip a nightmare if you are unlucky. 

Healthy food is very important and is also part of why once again Central Africa is to be avoided. Almost every big disease in the world comes from Central Africa. Think Ebola, cholera, etc. Why? Probably something to do with people eating bushmeat and all the strange bacteria that live in the Congo forest.

How to avoid getting sick? Well, go to big cities where there are more international and higher level restaurants I guess. Always go to restaurants where there are a lot of people. It's better to eat in a small restaurant that is packed than in a fancy one where there is no one. Even then, the risk exists. Hygiene food standards are just poor on the black continent. Ethiopia is also notoriously bad for food infections. One of my worst memories is hiking a hill in La Libela, Ethiopia and then having my stomach turn and having to walk back for 20 minutes with the most awful stomach pains. I stopped midway at a local house to ask if I could use the toilet, they pointed to a hole in the ground with shit everywhere, no paper...no thanks, I'll keep suffering until I reach my hotel.

For HIV/Aids: the South is by far the worst (South Africa, Eswatini, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique). Aids is going down in most parts, but can still be a serious factor to consider. Check the general figures of every country you visit. Some additional tips, besides condom use: don't do anal in Africa, wash your dick immediately after sex and maintain good hygiene, if it stinks don't put it in, don't worry about oral sex, avoid prostitutes, take care of open wounds. 

For malaria: only take daily medicine if you come on a short trip, else it is too harsh for your kidneys. For long trip/long stays just keep Malarone at hand in case you feel ill. The biggest issue with malaria is that westerners don't identify the symptoms. If every time you get a serious headache or some flu-like symptoms in malaria areas you go to the clinic and get tested, you will be fine in no time. The problem lies with people in really remote areas (no access to medicine), westerners thinking its just a cold or the flu and letting the disease develop and especially in people returning from trips and having doctors outside of Africa misdiagnosing disease since they don't consider Malaria (or you might not have told em you were in Africa). 

Bring medicine! Anti-diarrhea, but also antibiotics, probiotics, etc.

What type of expats/foreigners you come across there? 

There is a big difference though between the short term western visitors coming through NGO's or the like in the more comfortable African countries and the real hardened Africa expats which you can even find in the biggest shitholes. The latter category has some really cool people, mostly guys who've seen the whole world, took massive risks in their lives and had a ton of interesting experiences. They generally are very red-pilled, a bit similar to some military mindstates perhaps, often have a young beautiful wife, are used to be a boss in their environment so generally big egos but with a lot of knowledge and attitude to match. All the latest western fads have also largely gone by to these people, they don't give a fuck about your IG account, me-too, political correctness and you won't catch them wearing skinny pants either. Great guys to have some beers with in some rundown bar next to a dirtroad. Why does anyone stay long term in Africa? Generally because they don't depend too much on general luxury that we know. They don't like dealing with the politics of the west and are more outcasts. Some guys just make a shitload of money in all kinds of shady sectors and others are really there because they love the black girls. 

Feel free to ask more questions and if the other Africa experts like to chime in that would be great!! This is just my perspective so far. I know there are plenty of guys here who have a lot of experience as well. Some experts on South Africa as well. 
Thanks for the info, I booked a one month trip to South Africa in April. Booked it on a whim a few months ago and I'm still a bit intimidated since it will be my first time in Africa. Maybe I will check out Kenya or Uganda for a more authentic african experience.
But why would you want to live around so many low IQ people? After all, IQ is the only measure of success, happiness and cultural relevancy.
(01-26-2020, 01:21 PM)Suits Wrote: But why would you want to live around so many low IQ people? After all, IQ is the only measure of success, happiness and cultural relevancy.

That's why I spend most of my time in Antarctica.
No way I could live in Africa unless i was making bank.
Nice general Africa info, so many places mentioned. I truly love Africa and spending more and more time there in general. Usually I try to be in different places in Africa for 2 months a year, sometimes 3.

Rottenapple, why not Angola? I would love to meet some beautiful girls there.
Angola so I've heard has amazing girls lookswise, but it has all the issues you can imagine in a central African oil state. Filthy rich corrupt elite, which inflates the whole market (including the pussy market) and it is generally just very expensive. Other than that, I heard it is getting increasingly dangerous now as well, with some targetted robbing of foreigners and even kidnapping.

I've no idea what Angola looks like as a country, so it could very well be interesting though besides the high cost of living. Maybe someone has been from the forum?
Kigali, Rwanda seems so interesting to me:

Clean
Safe
Cheap (on nomadlist has the avg of 1300$)
Decent accommodations (you can find decent looking place on airbnb below 500$)

Seems like a great start for novice on a budget. Too good to be true?
Kigali is indeed pretty nice. It is very clean and very safe. Accomodation is ok price-wise, like you said, but doing touristy activities are expensive. Basically, if you want to get out of the city and go hike volcanoes, see mountain gorillas, visit national parks etc. then you will need a 4x4 car, lodging in the touristy resorts/hotels and often tourist permits. These costs can def add up. If you are in a group its all fine and doable, but alone it will be expensive. The gorillas is extremely expensive, I think its a 1000$ for a permit to see em for a few hours now.

The other downside of Kigali is that it really isn't that big. It's big enough for short holiday stays but for long term, it will get a bit boring and you will run into the same people everywhere (1 million poor people is like 200.000 people in a rich country in terms of nightlife, cultural activities, dining options etc.). Nevertheless, still one of my favourite places in Africa!
I know quite a few South Africans that are now living in Canada, obviously there are a ton of negatives about South Africa but they say you can make bank if you are white since the competition is non existent. One of them lived in Malawi for a while and he said it was great and ridiculously cheap. I think it was around 10 years ago that he lived there but he said his family had a full time maid and they paid her about $20 a month and that was above the going rate.

I'd like to see some Hippos and Elephants in the wild, shoot an AK47 and hang out for a bit.

Africa has been on my list for a while but it's not near the top the of list, anyway good post and it should help other guys that are considering a trip there.
(01-28-2020, 02:20 AM)SC87 Wrote: I know quite a few South Africans that are now living in Canada, obviously there are a ton of negatives about South Africa but they say you can make bank if you are white since the competition is non existent. One of them lived in Malawi for a while and he said it was great and ridiculously cheap. I think it was around 10 years ago that he lived there but he said his family had a full time maid and they paid her about $20 a month and that was above the going rate.

I'm curious about doing business in Africa as an American. China's New Silk Road investment strategy in African Infrastructure (Ports, Tunnels, Highways, Railways, Bridges, etc) has and will continue to bring unprecedented opportunity to the Dark Continent.

@Rottenapple - Do you have any stories of Americans/Europeans/British that you've met in your travels who are making a go at a Business startup in Africa? Agriculture, tech, import/export, transportation, etc.

Vices Documentary Titled: 'Africa's Cowboy Capitalists', come to mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslPzhFLyas
More Strength, More Life.
Keep Pushing. 
Africa has indeed great business opportunities but proceed with caution. I am invested in the precious gem mining industry and Madagascar is a great place to mine rubies. After a few years of working with the malagasy government I am very well connected now but it does take time.
I only want to know one thing: where the hugest tits be at? Please google Chaka T and tell me where I can find her clones.
(01-28-2020, 04:14 AM)Crazy Horse Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 02:20 AM)SC87 Wrote: I know quite a few South Africans that are now living in Canada, obviously there are a ton of negatives about South Africa but they say you can make bank if you are white since the competition is non existent. One of them lived in Malawi for a while and he said it was great and ridiculously cheap. I think it was around 10 years ago that he lived there but he said his family had a full time maid and they paid her about $20 a month and that was above the going rate.

I'm curious about doing business in Africa as an American. China's New Silk Road investment strategy in African Infrastructure (Ports, Tunnels, Highways, Railways, Bridges, etc) has and will continue to bring unprecedented opportunity to the Dark Continent.

@Rottenapple - Do you have any stories of Americans/Europeans/British that you've met in your travels who are making a go at a Business startup in Africa? Agriculture, tech, import/export, transportation, etc.

Vices Documentary Titled: 'Africa's Cowboy Capitalists', come to mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslPzhFLyas

I've met some yeah, but in general, the most business is controlled by the Chinese. They basically own the continent. Not the coolest guys either to hang out with. When it comes to business in Africa, what matters much more than your expertise or your experience is who you know and how you manage socially in a corrupt environment. The Western guys I know that manage are guys that know how to speak with the typical African men in power, who have the right contact for everything they need, that know how to do deals the African way. This, in general, is something you learn after many years in the field, so it's not a very friendly place for a bright entrepreneur with dreams, although it is possible to be successful if you learn quick and adapt fast. Some Lebanese guys are also very good in doing this. 

@Kini: Try Ghana or Ivory Coast
Damn dude you MUST know your shit, I remember meeting a half Ghanaian half Israeli girl in Spain and she had MASSIVE tits! Ghana here I come!
(01-27-2020, 10:23 AM)Rottenapple Wrote: Angola so I've heard has amazing girls lookswise, but it has all the issues you can imagine in a central African oil state. Filthy rich corrupt elite, which inflates the whole market (including the pussy market) and it is generally just very expensive. Other than that, I heard it is getting increasingly dangerous now as well, with some targetted robbing of foreigners and even kidnapping.

I've no idea what Angola looks like as a country, so it could very well be interesting though besides the high cost of living. Maybe someone has been from the forum?

I have been with a girl from Luanda and Cali that could have been twins, probably 1/8 European and 7/8ths black. Upper class Jamaican girls, Bahamanians, I see them everywhere. Just go there.
(01-29-2020, 07:43 AM)dingdongditch Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 10:23 AM)Rottenapple Wrote: Angola so I've heard has amazing girls lookswise, but it has all the issues you can imagine in a central African oil state. Filthy rich corrupt elite, which inflates the whole market (including the pussy market) and it is generally just very expensive. Other than that, I heard it is getting increasingly dangerous now as well, with some targetted robbing of foreigners and even kidnapping.

I have been with a girl from Luanda and Cali that could have been twins, probably 1/8 European and 7/8ths black. Upper class Jamaican girls, Bahamanians, I see them everywhere. Just go there.

Yes, these European-African mixes look good and there are many in Angola I believe. I wonder which other African countries have those? Zimbabwe and Zambia for sure
Rottenapple - Thanks for this post, great info. Africa is climbing my list and I'll try to get over there in the next 12 months. Will report back with a new thread when I return.

Any specific thoughts on Lagos Nigeria?
On my list is Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria and maybe Ghana.
Haven't been to Lagos, but I heard its chaos. Very high-end nightlife scene there as well. For me, Nigerian girls are def hot, but they have probably the most money focused attitude I've ever seen. Everyone in Nigeria seems to be a hustler, either selling goods, their own body, or whatever they can find to offer.