How Do You Deal with Nihilism?
Many become nihilistic when what they value in life is not the reality on the screen of their lives. Sometimes it is in relation to others such as friends, work, women, etc., other times it is in relation to themselves internally and personally. Look at both and ask yourself what do you value and is what you value a reality in your life?

If what you value has changed due to your experiences and understanding of reality and the world in which you live, go back to your original dreams and see if those have changed or if you are even dreaming…literally or figuratively, secondly go back and review the origin of your values or value system.

Nihilism can be a type of cognitive or emotional dissonance. If what one values has not changed one can be failing to live up to those values personally and needs to change his actions or if others are failing to live up to his values, he need to change with whom he interacts and or how he interacts with them…whatever ones values might be.

Bottom line is change your values, change your actions, change your world to include those with whom you interact so there is an alignment between these three things.
(01-11-2020, 04:14 AM)RIslander Wrote: What have you guys found to be an effective method of generating at minimum, contentedness, or even true self actualization? I am considering myself applying to the US Military Reserves as an officer in a male dominated field but with all the bullshit I don't know if thats a good idea.

My mind was consumed with Nihilistic thoughts during my early 20's, which in hindsight seems to have been a natural extension of teenage angst. What helped me snap out of those unproductive and limiting thought patterns was shifting from an objective reality to subjective reality model. As explained by Steve Pavlina...  

Objective Reality (OR) is the perspective that you’re the character in the dream world, and the dream world is solid, real, and objective. An OR person wouldn’t normally think of the physical world as a dream at all — they accept the (socially conditioned) notion that the dream world is reality itself. The objective world itself is seen as the basis for knowledge. Note that there can be no proof whatsoever that this is how reality actually works; it’s one giant unprovable assumption. It’s also not falsifiable.

Solipsism is the perspective that you’re the character in the dream, and the dream world is either a projection of you, some other kind of illusion, or simply unknowable. Other people are not real in the same way you are. Your own mind is the basis for knowledge. Even though it’s impossible to prove it wrong because solipsism is not objectively falsifiable, many philosophers dislike solipsism because they see it as a philosophical dead end. I tend to agree. If you want to learn more about solipsism, the Wikipedia entry on it is quite thorough.

Subjective Reality (SR), as I describe it, is the perspective that your true identity is the dreamer having the dream, so you are the conscious container in which the entire dream world takes place. Your body-mind is your avatar in the dream world, the character that gives you a first-person perspective as you interact with the contents of your own consciousness. But that avatar is no more you than any other character in the dream world. This perspective is also not objectively falsifiable, so it cannot be proven wrong. However, I find it a very rich and empowering way to interact with the dream world of reality on multiple levels.

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/0...implified/

Don't let the objective world keep you down.
More Strength, More Life.
Keep Pushing. 
It sounds like you need to get more pussy. A guy who is getting an adequate supply of pussy, of a quality he finds acceptable, isn't going to feel all that nihilism. Sounds like you really need to move to an area better suited to pursuit of pussy.

TL;DR You need to get more pussy.
Quote:   http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10741/107...0741-h.htm

The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer (link above)

Not a book, but an essay. Should be read by every man.

The book I'm currently reading is "The Practicing Stoic" by Ward Farnsworth...Packed with wisdom from the greats. Seneca, Marcus Aurelius, Cicero, Epictetus, Schopenhauer

From Nolimitz
(01-19-2020, 07:21 PM)WombRaider Wrote: It sounds like you need to get more pussy. A guy who is getting an adequate supply of pussy, of a quality he finds acceptable, isn't going to feel all that nihilism. Sounds like you really need to move to an area better suited to pursuit of pussy.

TL;DR You need to get more pussy.

If anything, it's the opposite. 

A younger guys daily/life mission basically revolves around pussy. Once you've realize how easy it can be and get laid on a whim it loses it lustre. And that's when an existential crisis can happen as you realize your higher being is entirely unsatisfied with slaying sluts. You're living life sans mission. Quite easy to fall into nihilism. I've struggled with it myself.

Possible solutions:

-Marriage/kids
-Volunteer work
-Start a business that legitimately solves problems

These are all variations of living for someone other than yourself. There is no happiness or long term contentment to be found in being a selfish prat. Speaking from 1st hand experience here lol..
"Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value."

You have to be super fucked in the head to be a nihilist.

Even on the most basic of levels you have

Survival / Existence

Fun / Enjoyment

Growth / Development

Then you have more advanced things like

Marriage / Kids

Spiritual / Philosophical

etc.
Not really.

Some people are just more content with low level living. Either they find outlets in hedonism or fulfillment in a religious ideology that has no evidence of being valid.

The animal or the primitive doesnt question why he exists.

Nihilism is an existenial crisis of the intelligent. Most people are pretty dumb lol.