Natural ways to boost testosterone
(01-02-2020, 04:10 PM)raetj Wrote: - Also I learned a lot about nutrition from trying Keto & Intermittent Fasting and much of that applies to testosterone levels. Especially being lean. There is a strong relationship between body fat and estrogen so try to stay lean and the best way I know to do that is principles from Keto & Intermittent Fasting and avoiding alcohol such as beer or liquor mixed with sugary drinks

This is HUUUUUGE!!  Practicing IF and getting lean is probably the single best natural thing you can do for your t levels IMO.  I fast 16 hours most days and have noticed a tremendous difference. My lower abs are coming out and my face looks leaner.

Not to get off track, but boosting HGH goes hand in hand with maintaining healthy t levels naturally.  This article pretty much parallels everything previously mentioned, but with the addition of melatonin and GABA as a sleep aid.  I take GNC pro ZMA which has both (only 1mg of melatonin).  I'll usually add to it with an additional 3-5mg of melatonin and 500-1000mg of vitamin C so that my body can adequately rest and repair itself.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-...ease-hgh#1
I'm interested in intermittent fasting but my metabolism is too fast. I eat way more frequently than most people so I think I'd starve.
(01-03-2020, 01:44 AM)churros Wrote: I'm interested in intermittent fasting but my metabolism is too fast. I eat way more frequently than most people so I think I'd starve.

The body adjusts to intermittent fasting, just as your body adjusted to you eating so frequently.  Even with IF it is good to change it up from time to time.  I usually fast for 16 hours with an 8 hour feeding window, but from time to time I change it up and do 17/7 or 18/6.  I don't do this all the time but it is good to switch it up some so that your body doesn't get so adjusted to the same schedule.

This diet works well for those who are interested in staying lean and boosting HGH which will keep your testosterone levels naturally higher.  This diet does not work well for body builders, strongman competitors, and those looking to put on some serious size.
I find IF relatively easy to do but the one question that seems to be debated all the time is whether zero calorie diet drinks, BCAA's, pre workouts etc. will break the fast?

The list is good, I'm trying to get my vitamin intake dialed in but there's no way I'm cutting my hot showers.
(12-31-2019, 12:28 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: "After adjustment for age and Quetelet's index, the levels of total and bioavailable testosterone were highest in Asian-Americans, intermediate in African-Americans, and lowest in whites. However, the DHT: testosterone ratio was highest in African-Americans, intermediate in whites, and lowest in Asian-Americans. Black people had a 15% higher testosterone level and a 13% higher free testosterone level than whites. Japanese men had similar testosterone to US whites but less DHT."

"While total testosterone levels were similar in men from Sweden, Tobago and the US, they were 16 percent higher in men from Hong Kong and Japan. The Japanese men also had higher levels of a testosterone-binding hormone, however, so less of the testosterone was free to act on tissues. As a result, Japanese men had the lowest levels of active testosterone. However, Asian men who had moved to the US had similar testosterone levels to residents of European descent, suggesting that the environment had an influence. Diet could play a role, suggests Cauley."

"Studies show that men’s testosterone levels have been declining for decades. The most prominent, a 2007 study in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, revealed a “substantial” drop in U.S. men’s testosterone levels since the 1980s, with average levels declining by about 1% per year. This means, for example, that a 60-year-old man in 2004 had testosterone levels 17% lower than those of a 60-year-old in 1987. Another study of Danish men produced similar findings, with double-digit declines among men born in the 1960s compared to those born in the 1920s."

Blah, lower testosterone is usually a side effect of all the plastic you’re drinking from and microwaving and eating and breathing. Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical used in plastic bottles is found in the hard plastic bottles can imitate the body's hormones, and it can interfere with the production, secretion, transport, action, function, and elimination of natural hormones. BPA can behave in a similar way to estrogen and other hormones in the human body. We have yet to figure out a good way to remove BPA from people, so yeah sorry about the low testosterone levels and increasing number of autism and gay people due to the hormone disruption during brain development. Can’t solve all the problems while we reduce the population growth rates.

Thermal printed receipts have more BPA per square inch than you will get in your entire lifetime from a plastic drinking bottle, soooooooooo why isn’t there a big protest movement about thermal receipts? 

Most significant difference is probably going to be the vitamin d levels, drop those and the body has to compensate by boosting the reservoirs for the immune system... those happen to also allow the higher testosterone levels unless the immune system needs to tone down the use of them, so it turns down testosterone when it is weak and needs access to the muscles resources...

Great genetic trade offs, as it turns out. Genes that build muscle size and growth rates turn up the testosterone levels once the muscles are built, so the big ass mofo gets the woman and can defend her from all the other mofos. Muscles aren’t that good at sharing the resources for building the brain when the muscles are being built, so there’s always a trade off.
(01-02-2020, 08:37 PM)billydingdong Wrote: I'll also echo ChicagoFire's reluctance to endorse CrossFit due to the injury rate. If you're playing the long game, as many of us are, I imagine it's better to prioritize permanence, consistency, and injury avoidance over    intensity, especially  if you're dialed in everywhere else.

Maybe its since changed, but any time I've seen or heard of Crossfit classes encouraging things like kipping pullups I just shudder. Stuff like this: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlaringFriendl...ricted.gif

Their focus on busting out reps, and the speed/intensity of the workout, instead of slow and steady with correct form, is just asking for trouble.

I've had a couple of co-workers join Crossfit gyms and get really into it for a few months, but inevitably get bad injuries sooner or later. Anyone just getting into exercise would be much much better off taking up a traditional weight lifting routine a few days a week with a day a week of cardio added on for balance.
(01-03-2020, 06:35 AM)SC87 Wrote: I find IF relatively easy to do but the one question that seems to be debated all the time is whether zero calorie diet drinks, BCAA's, pre workouts etc. will break the fast?

BCAAs and pre workout drinks definitely break the fast.  The body treats BCAAs like protein so you are essentially signaling to your brain that you are in a fed state.  I think with diet drinks it all depends on if there are artificial sweeteners present.  When I'm fasting I stick to plain black coffee, water, and lime flavored mineral water.

The only exception I'll make is if I'm forced to train in fasted state that day due to my schedule.  I'll usually mix up some pre workout and sip on that during my workout, followed up with a protein shake and a post workout meal afterwards.
From my own experience, I too can support the claim that squats or leg presses seem to increase T. After doing them around noon, by the evening, my libido is notable higher.
Visa Tips | LTR Lessons | Take what everyone (including I) say on here with a grain of salt. This is a mostly anonymous Internet forum. Don't eat paint.
(01-02-2020, 12:31 PM)Rottenapple Wrote: This thread (my own) is a nice example of why this forum is not yet getting to peak RVF levels. I made a solid opening post giving tons of information and explaining the use of this thread. It is followed by guys going off-topic completely, not adding any useful info, someone asking for a personal consult, etc.

A general tendency I'm seeing on the forum as well. Guys thinking this is a chat room with insults/personal attacks flying around freely, people using the forum only for their own benefit not adding anything themselves (typical for the younger generation or the narcissists), ...

I'll have to start moderating more strictly I guess.

but RVF was a forum for virgins and nutters... the few that traveled discovered the market for Botox gigolos wasn't as described :/
(01-03-2020, 10:48 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote: Thermal printed receipts have more BPA per square inch than you will get in your entire lifetime from a plastic drinking bottle, soooooooooo why isn’t there a big protest movement about thermal receipts? 

You could have done a data sheet on this, but instead you chose to be a cunt. I'll do it for you.

Quote:“There’s more BPA in a single thermal paper receipt than the total amount that would leach out from a polycarbonate water bottle used for many years,” said John Warner, Ph.D., president of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry.
Research has linked BPA to an increased risk of breast and prostate cancers, cardiovascular disease, and reproductive and brain development abnormalities. Because it mimics the biological activity of estrogen, developing children face the greatest risks from BPA.
A chronically high estrogen level disrupts the male and female reproductive and endocrine systems. BPA has been found in well over 90 percent of American adults and children. High levels are associated with altered thyroid function, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, impaired liver and kidney function, inflammation, hyperactivity, and impaired learning. In men, such levels have been linked to reduced libido, lower sperm quality, and altered sex-hormone concentrations. And in women, these levels have been tied to reproductive effects such as polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, miscarriage, premature delivery, and an increased risk of breast cancer. Women may be especially vulnerable to the BPA in receipts.
Even if you’re not a cashier, you still may be getting more BPA exposure than you realize because thermal paper is used in so many receipts we handle – everything from airline boarding passes and luggage tags, to trains, movies, sporting events and amusement parks tickets, even labels on prescription bottles or packaged deli meats or cheeses.
Here’s a quick test to tell you if the paper you’re handling is the thermal type containing BPA: scratch the printed side of the paper. If you see a dark mark, the paper is thermal.
While some manufacturers make “BPA free” thermal paper, they often use a similar chemical (BPS), which also may pose health hazards similar to BPA. Both are easily transferred to skin. These bisphenols are easily absorbed through the skin because skin the molecule is smaller than estradiol — a natural estrogen — that is sometimes delivered by a skin patch.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences has information about BPA, offering advice on how to reduce exposure. However, it doesn’t not mention store receipts.

So what should you do to reduce your exposure? 
  • Be aware that thermal paper discolors easily when scratched with a coin or paperclip.
  • Don’t accept receipts whenever possible.
  • Go with a paperless receipt via email or text message. This is an increasingly available option at many retailers. 
  • If you must handle a receipt, try to touch only the nonglossy backside. It contains much less BPA.
  • Carefully store receipts. If you absolutely need a receipt, place it in an envelope. Its BPA will rub off on everything: your hands, pocket, wallet, or purse, even the folding money in your wallet.
  • Quickly wash your hands after touching a receipt. Scrub with soap and water. If you wait longer than four minutes, it’s too late.
  • Wear latex gloves if your job requires the frequent handling of receipts.
  • Don’t use a hand sanitizer after touching a possible thermal receipt.
    • In a recent experiment, Dr. vom Saal and his team demonstrated that BPA levels went up to 185 times higher, “an absolute monster effect,” after the use of skin products such as hand sanitizers, sunscreens, and moisturizers. These products often contain chemicals called “dermal penetration enhancers” that break down the skin’s protective barrier to enhance delivery of the products’ active ingredients.
Don’t worry your pretty little brain. we needed a way to kill off all the parasites of this civilization and, well after thinking about it, we thought let us decrease the sperm counts and testosterone levels. We can’t feed a few more billion of these humans, and we didn’t want to waste the time or money of a large scale war, so we chose the ethical way of dealing with so many dumb people. I mean really, what did you expect from the elites? Increased sperm counts thanks to advanced medical and nutrition from the gods?

The best part is that after studying how to get it into everyone’s bodies, we found that a saturated coating of the BPA hormone disruptor on something everyone touches every time they do a transaction was the best way to be equally distribute this cure to the plague of humans multiplying on earth. Again, would you expect anything less from the smartest people on earth?
(01-04-2020, 02:31 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote: Don’t worry your pretty little brain. we needed a way to kill off all the parasites of this civilization and, well after thinking about it, we thought let us decrease the sperm counts and testosterone levels. We can’t feed a few more billion of these humans, and we didn’t want to waste the time or money of a large scale war, so we chose the ethical way of dealing with so many dumb people. I mean really, what did you expect from the elites? Increased sperm counts thanks to advanced medical and nutrition from the gods?

The best part is that after studying how to get it into everyone’s bodies, we found that a saturated coating of the BPA hormone disruptor on something everyone touches every time they do a transaction was the best way to be equally distribute this cure to the plague of humans multiplying on earth. Again, would you expect anything less from the smartest people on earth?

You mistake a sociological cause for an individual motive, which is the basis for most conspiracy theories. Conservatives have a hard time seeing the world through anything but a moralistic lens.
(01-04-2020, 02:33 AM)churros Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 02:31 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote: Don’t worry your pretty little brain. we needed a way to kill off all the parasites of this civilization and, well after thinking about it, we thought let us decrease the sperm counts and testosterone levels. We can’t feed a few more billion of these humans, and we didn’t want to waste the time or money of a large scale war, so we chose the ethical way of dealing with so many dumb people. I mean really, what did you expect from the elites? Increased sperm counts thanks to advanced medical and nutrition from the gods?

You mistake a sociological cause for an individual motive, which is the basis for most conspiracy theories. Conservatives have a hard time seeing the world through anything but a moralistic lens.

Don’t worry yourself too much, everything is going according to the plan. I should also mentioned low testosterone is an indicator of lowered immune system function because the immune system will lower the testosterone levels to increase the immune system functionality. Meaning people with low T might have some viruses/bad bacteria/fungi/parasites :/
Of course I could tell you exactly what to look for but you people think you know everything so good luck Smile
(01-04-2020, 02:47 AM)Sherlock Holmes Wrote: I should also mentioned low testosterone is an indicator of lowered immune system function because the immune system will lower the testosterone levels to increase the immune system functionality. Meaning people with low T might have some viruses/bad bacteria/fungi/parasites :/

Actually...

Men with higher testosterone levels were found to have weakened immune response, according to a Stanford study.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2...finds.html
^ I think that was his point. Higher test = lower immune so the body lowers test to try and raise immune, when I’ll.
I’m not condoning this posters posts.
(01-05-2020, 01:53 AM)Smash Wrote: ^ I think that was his point. Higher test = lower immune so the body lowers test to try and raise immune, when I’ll.
I’m not condoning this posters posts.

I cannot find any data that supports this.  The article that I posted shows a correlation between high test levels and weakened immune response, but says nothing about drawing from those test levels to somehow boost the immune system. 

It is an interesting article though.  Skip down to the second to last paragraph for a possible explanation on this.  Apparently having a weakened immune response can actually prove to be life saving as it keeps the body from overreacting.  This is way over my head, but interesting nonetheless.
Yeah I’ve always heard that high testosterone inhibits the immune system but never heard his theory before. He also seems bat shit crazy so...
Interesting that I’ve seen real world examples of this, basically a couple naturals with clearly raging test levels die young from illness. Then there’s also those guys who crash through life on their balls and instincts and heart and they live to be 90 even though they drank, smoked, smashed themselves up in accidents and whatever else. Too stubborn to die. I’ve seen those too.
Who knows for sure.
Haven't really followed this thread too closely because I'm too busy for pussy fights (skimmed it), but after a quick search noticed that NOBODY mentioned BORAX (lack of boron in foods) or IODINE deficiency... it was hinted at with "dEcLiNiNg TeStoStErOnE lEvEls sInCe tHE 60's" but if you're getting the right nutrition in the first place, all those estrogen dumping substances should be under control... maybe. I guess it's inconclusive.

Here an on-topic link that I randomly pulled up:

https://www.researchedsupplements.com/bo...ne-booster
Here's what I do. I feel like I could run though a brick wall most days, aggressive, boners every morning and throughout the day frequently, steadily adding mass and hitting new PRs every week. The only downside is I have wet dreams once or twice a month. I'm early 30s and feel as good as I ever have. I've been at this consistently for almost 8 months, the supplements were added two months ago and are definitely making a difference.

-daily-
Vitamin d3 5000iu
Zinc picolinate 50mg
Tongkat Ali 200:1 extract .3 gram
Citrulin Malate 2:1 3 grams
Maca root gelitinized 5 grams
Creatine 5 grams

2500-3000 calories, mostly consisting of organic chicken thighs, 7 whole eggs, white rice, oatmeal, Brocolli and spinach. I have seafood and red meat each once or twice a week.

Intense training every other day alternating between chest/triceps/shoulders, and back/biceps/shoulders with a leg workout once or twice a week depending.

No fap

7-8 hours of sleep most night, occasionally 6 or if I can sleep in 9.