Book Recommendations and Discussion
Can anyone recommend a book or an article which has worked for him that tackles first date game (in the west) in specific?
first dates: carlos xuma had an e book called the dating black book which had an additional extra called stepping stones with advice on these things. could probably find it on the web.
(04-09-2021, 05:29 PM)lika91 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a book or an article which has worked for him that tackles first date game (in the west) in specific?

The answer to your question lies here. While you are at it, try the search function on the top right corner. There are multiple threads on this topic there.
(04-09-2021, 05:29 PM)lika91 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a book or an article which has worked for him that tackles first date game (in the west) in specific?

I mean, there's nothing special about first date game in the west compared to other places. It's basic shit.

1. Take her to a simple venue for some drinks/apps
2. Keep convo lighthearted and funny, stay away from mundane and/or serious topics
3. Kino - see how she responds. If she likes, keep going
4. Take her back to your/her place and bang?

Are you doing anything different from this currently?

Not sure if still available, but the Daygame.com guys had a great video course around this, called "Girlfriend Sequence."
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(04-10-2021, 06:03 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:

I mean, there's nothing special about first date game in the west compared to other places. It's basic shit.

1. Take her to a simple venue for some drinks/apps
2. Keep convo lighthearted and funny, stay away from mundane and/or serious topics
3. Kino - see how she responds. If she likes, keep going
4. Take her back to your/her place and bang?

Are you doing anything different from this currently?

That's the basic script.  On conversation, ask her open ended questions and focus on listening.  She should be doing 80% of the talking.  The more she feels you are listenting to her, the more she bonds to you.

One trick on open ended questions is to ask successive lawyers of "why"?  You need to be tactful and communicate interest and empathy when you do it, but it can lead to great understanding/bonding.  1. Why did you move to this city?  So I moved to this city to study accounting at the univerity here. 2. Oh, what made you interested in accounting?  Well, my family was realtively poor growing up and my parents told me to study accounting so I was certain that I had a good job when I graduated.  3.  OK but why are you studying accounting, is it because its what you are interested most in, because you want to please your parents, or because you want to have money? 4.  So do you think you want to please your parents as much as the average person, or do you have a stronger inclination to want to please them?  Why do you think that is?  etc. etc.  

Thats a pretty boring example but you can often get a girl revealing very personal things about herself.  Everyone wants someone in whom they can confide and who shows interest in them.  Asking a series of questions on the same topic, and delving deeper about the motivations that lie behind an answer, will build more intimacy than scratching the surface on 6 different topics.  But it requires and creates some intimacy, so you need a bit of calibration to pull this off.

Of course the other steps Tiger Mandingo lays out are equally important.  I like to sit at a booth at a sit down restaurant, away from the bar where its quieter.  I sit on the same side as my date.  It creates less distance and is more discrete when you amp up the kino.  Begin at the edge of the booth and get closer when the second round comes.
Thats great content guys, however I'm interested more into dynamics. What you describe is more about the basic structure / comfort. I am more interested in the interaction, timing and calibration of being cocky/funny/teasy (attraction building), passionately interested or cold (push and pull) and comfort without seeming too interested. I guess I am having a calibration problem.

Im interested in how to best present yourself in the beginning of the date (neutral, normal conversation or straight into attraction building -> but how to calibrate so its not too much/aggressive?) , when and how much to use push and pull, when to switch to pure comfort, how much other elements during the comfort stage, etc.
The only book you need to read and understand is The Iliad, Fitzgerald translation.
Shibumi by Trevanian
About an assassin who lives a life of shibumi, similar to living life under the stoic philosophy. Part of the super spy genre, it has great dialogues and delves into insights on human nature and living life.
John Wick is loosely based on this book, and the security guard at the airport who lets in John to drive his Mustang reads this book in the film.
(04-10-2021, 10:53 PM)Helikron Wrote: The only book you need to read and understand is The Iliad, Fitzgerald translation.

Where would you find a Fitzgerald translation of The Iliad?  I generally go to Loeb for classics, but I am willing to try another good source.