The supplements that actually work - personal experiences
(12-16-2019, 01:16 PM)roberto Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 06:54 PM)SC87 Wrote: Modafinil works if used properly, I also noticed that at least for me it's an appetite suppressant, if I take one in the morning I won't feel hungry or sometimes won't even eat until around 5 or 6 when it's starts wearing off for me.

What's your regime for this? I used to be on it a lot, but stopped when I found myself becomind dependant upon it for motivation, even thugh this is apparently chimically impossible.

A persistant UTI recently has sapped me of willpower and physical strength, and I was considering splitting a tablet to assist, as well as stop me eating too much whilst not exercising.

(12-03-2019, 02:02 AM)Superfly Wrote: DMSO -- Dramatically speeds healing of soft-tissue injuries (muscle strains/pulls, bruises, tendonitis, etc.)

https://www.vitacost.com/dmso-pure-dmso-...so&ta=dmso

Not a supplement, but a tool for the medicine cabinet you won't learn about from your doctor.

Any experience with this orally?

I've just taken a quarter of a teaspoon in tea to try to speed up healing of the UTI I mentioned above. So if I don't reply...you know why!

Also taking D-mannose (the active thing in cranberry juice that helps stop the bacteria adhering to the urinery tract. Really easy- just add a teaspoon of powder to your tea as it's also a sugar.

Does anyone have any more things to try for a UTI? I've had it for a month now. It's not too bad, no pain when peeing (or very rarely)- main symptom is sore muscles in the lower back, and occasional aches from alternate kidney areas, usually when lying down. Docs couldn't find anything in a pee sample, and I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics so they're not too willing to prescribe.

I had this at the same time of year two years ago, and it must have went away slowly.

Well eleven months on and I'm STILL suffering with the above. I dont' think it's a UTI either- had multiple urine tests all showing nothing. It varies in severity but when it's bad I wake up every couple of hours to pee, and often just say fuck it and get up for work at 4AM as I can't sleep. Getting up and moving around removes symptoms (apart from my back feeling 'delicate' or aching if I arc it) for the day and I wouldn't say I'm in constant pain daytimes. But my strength has tanked- I just haven't the energy to exercise. Doctor wants to scan me with MRI to check for discitis but fucking Corona means it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

Constant pain in my back if I arc it.
Awareness that I must tighten my core when lifting anything to protect my back.
To summarise-
General weakness, untypical of me a year ago.
Trouble sleeping. Severity varies, I'm convinced it's due to inflammation putting pressure on my bladder and causing me to get up to pee when not required. When it's bad, I'll lie on my side for a bit, then the muscles will start to hurt. Turn to the other side, same again after ten minutes. Lie on my back and my guts ache. On my front and my back aches, plus I'm conscious of my pulse in my stomach, that feels like things are inflamed.

Diet doesn't seem to make any difference.
Alcohol actually helps me sleep better- not good.
Had a flair up of this in Summer 2017, and then again when I posted November 2019. It was bad through the spring, better over the summer and now returning.

Any ideas guys?
They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...
Did you have your prostate checked? Sounds like you need to see a good doc for this.
(10-18-2020, 07:51 PM)taxhaven Wrote: Did you have your prostate checked? Sounds like you need to see a good doc for this.

Yup. One of the youngest my poor doc had ever checked...
They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...
If no fever or Pain when you ejaculate, it’s unlikely to be your prostate. Sounds like low back issues. Try putting a pillow under your knees if you were sleeping on your back.
Yeah, if it's feeling sensitive when you lift things, pursuing that scan is the next step. It might just be a bulging disc, and at least if it isn't, you'll know. They're still not at least scheduling these things in the UK? I'd think you could get a firm date.
@Roberto, I feel you mate, the problems that last tend to affect you mentally. Find a good doctor, with the NHS some doctors are good and many are shit, I wonder in which country they graduated...

My advise, drink loads of water, continue taking cranberry extract (for UTI), you can add pumkin seeds extract (sometimes a prostate infection can cause some pain) and for the inflammation try turmeric.

Also gently stretch your back regularly, a bit of heat on your lower back can ease the pain.

It is important to find a good doctor who is very methodic but also open to natural remedies and understands the importance of a holistic approach of health, not some idiot who will drug you out with a bunch of chemicals.

Good luck!
(10-19-2020, 06:37 PM)Lino Wrote: @Roberto, I feel you mate, the problems that last tend to affect you mentally. Find a good doctor, with the NHS some doctors are good and many are shit, I wonder in which country they graduated...

My advise, drink loads of water, continue taking cranberry extract (for UTI), you can add pumkin seeds extract (sometimes a prostate infection can cause some pain) and for the inflammation try turmeric.

Also gently stretch your back regularly, a bit of heat on your lower back can ease the pain.

It is important to find a good doctor who is very methodic but also open to natural remedies and understands the importance of a holistic approach of health, not some idiot who will drug you out with a bunch of chemicals.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I have been hitting the tumeric (and pepper) for months now, but it does nothing. Cranberry juice is rank, so I skipped straight to the d-mannose that it contains, in powdered form.

My doctor is great- but he's referred me as urgent twice for a scan and no dice. Can't get anything privately except a covid test currently either.

I'm fairly sure this is not a UTI. I'm convinced it's some form of inflammation internally. I'm now trying to go keto (last did it seriously four years ago) as I have around a stone I need to loose anyhow. I'm also doing cold showers only.