The supplements that actually work - personal experiences
(09-26-2020, 11:41 AM)JsElysianEagle Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 04:12 AM)floridaman Wrote: There's half a dozen labs you can reliably get good stuff online so I still think anyone getting bunk is a proper idiot lol.

You definitely need the test more than anyone else here...

You were the one whining about a non-issue bud.

Should get your t-levels checked.
(09-26-2020, 08:05 PM)floridaman Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 04:12 AM)floridaman Wrote: There's half a dozen labs you can reliably get good stuff online so I still think anyone getting bunk is a proper idiot lol.

You sure do get into a lot of fights here, especially as someone who's only been on this forum for two months at most.

Reminds me of SpecialEd's hilarious roid rage. And the timing of when he got banned for the umpteenth time and when you joined is suspect, as is both of your interests in t-levels.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(09-27-2020, 12:49 PM)AirWaves Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 08:05 PM)floridaman Wrote:

You sure do get into a lot of fights here, especially as someone who's only been on this forum for two months at most.

Reminds me of SpecialEd's hilarious roid rage. And the timing of when he got banned for the umpteenth time and when you joined is suspect, as is both of your interests in t-levels.

How about you write some posts of value and contribute here instead of playing pretend moderator?

Literally all your posts are forum gossip or some sort of accusation.

I dunno maybe try traveling and/or banging broads. Angel
^ Noticed you didn't address being SpecialEd or not.

I also remembered that SpecialEd has met some guys, so folks know who he is.

And I also noticed that you haven't met anyone under your current username yet, never mind any sock puppet accounts or allies of SpecialEd.

Besides, messing with trolls and roid rage guys like you is fun. I can walk away and you can't.

As for travel and/or banging broads, as you can see from my actual meetup reps, that's where I and others share our best info.
If you haven't met anyone, I'll assume you're lying (h/t to Teedub from the old forum)
(09-28-2020, 03:32 PM)AirWaves Wrote: ^ Noticed you didn't address being SpecialEd or not.

I also remembered that SpecialEd has met some guys, so folks know who he is.

And I also noticed that you haven't met anyone under your current username yet, never mind any sock puppet accounts or allies of SpecialEd.

Besides, messing with trolls and roid rage guys like you is fun. I can walk away and you can't.

Funny way of demonstrating that. 

I didn't address it because it wasn't worth addressing. If I gave credence to it with a denial, you'd say of course you deny it. It's like calling someone a racist. It's girlie antics but to be expected from a low value drama queen such as yourself.
Been trying ZMA recently, so now I'm taking fish oil daily as well as ZMA before I hit the sack at night. Been getting to sleep a lot easier and waking up with a chub that could be used to vanquish dracula.

I was getting restless legs and a bit of muscle tightness before so methinks I was a little low on magnesium
I recently picked up high-dose B12 vitamins. It's improved my energy and focus. caplet is 3000mcg

May be operating similarly to 5-hour Energy shots- they have 500mcg B12, 30mg Niacin, 40mg B6, in addition to caffeine, taurine
Every time I've taken a B supplement I've gotten extreme anxiety, no idea what that's about
That happens to me. I have my suspicions, and none of them confirmed.

This is probably bad advice, I don't want freak you out but you look into nervous system issues.

I'm almost sure i have them and stimulants of any kind wreck me.
Anything aside from the b vitamins that lead you to this conclusion?
Yes. Lots of things. But vitamin B causes nerve damage in excessive amounts, is a stimulant, and aggravates anxiety. May be worth looking into.
By this time I tried almost all well known supplements. At the moment I like most:
- Noopept
- Phenibut
- Ginseng
- Creatine
- microsoding psychedelics
(10-04-2020, 09:34 AM)levelup Wrote: By this time I tried almost all well known supplements. At the moment I like most:
- Noopept
- Phenibut
- Ginseng
- Creatine
- microsoding psychedelics

Any advice on how to get started microdosing, and which ones are best for beginners looking to get that "creative flow"?
I tried microdosing acid a couple of years ago with one of the fellas at work. To be honest we didn't do any research beyond reading about the positives.

Don't think the dose was micro enough because we were about as useful as tits on a bull the whole afternoon. It was lucky we were in a small office and had pretty flexible jobs
Hey guys I need your opinion on my daily supplements. What do I need to add?
What do I need to stop ?. What do I need to cut down on or add up? I might be taking too much of somethings

Vitamin D - 6000 (spread throughout the day )
Omega 3 pill - 3000 mg (throughout the day ?Multivitamin - 1
Creatine + BCAA (fermented combined)

Diets pretty shit I don't eat allot of meat or veggies. Workout daily. Good body shape. Not getting enough sunlight as well. Not taking protein either

I'm thinking about adding zinc and or magnesium. Also thinking of adding ashwagandha to improve testosterone/stress etc.

I tried ZMA at night but that stuff gave me energy I couldn't sleep all night. With a weird heart beat too. Tried it few occasions same effect couldn't sleep all night
I'd be getting the diet in check first before even thinking about vitamins. They're supplements, not our main source of nutrition. If you don't eat meat or vegetables what do you eat? Do you drink much water? What's your sugar intake look like?

You could have the perfect vitamin regime but it would be absolutely useless if you were drinking sodas every day.

Right now I take fish oil and ZMA. Fish oil because I've read a ton about its various long term benefits. ZMA does a few things for me - the magnesium helps relax my muscles, the zinc is good for libido, and overall it works great as a sleep aid. But if I stopped either of them I'm sure I'd get by just fine because my diet is overall very clean.

EDIT: you got me thinking about stress. I don't think stress is ever something you can fix by adding something, it's usually done away with by subtraction. Much more a lifestyle issue than a nutritional one.
My water intake is average 4 Liters a day
I chug down half a dozen water bottles in a day like it's nothing

Diet is pretty shit and pretty good sometimes
I do eat fast food and junk food but not extreme
Nice, water is half the battle for most people that I've spoken to for some reason.

Honestly if I were you I'd just start getting in good meats, more veg then see how you feel after a few months. Supps like ashwagandha in my opinion are not necessary.
Got an odd question...and it pertains to Vitamin C pills during this day in Covid...

I think this might be slowing down my metabolism (after some research) as my plant-based protein shakes (which were always effective) and interval training workouts have always kept me slimmer.

I'll continue to take my daily zinc pills but also temporarily indulge in my old vegan diet rich in Vitamin C (brocoli, bell peppers, oranges, guava, cantaloupe, cabbage, etc with brown rice) & see how things go.  

Anybody ever had negative side effects with Vitamin C pills?
"It appears that supplements of vitamin C and E may block this beneficial effect of exercise , the new findings suggest."

Mega dosing antioxidants can disrupt the free radical balance. The theory is that free radical damage actually helps you by making your body adapt. A little bit of damage = good.

I think supplementation is best for a specific purpose (SAM-E for focus or joint pain, creatine for strength training, etc.).

Using supplements as all purpose tonics doesn't seem to work. The one exception appears to be fish oil, but even then it'd be better to eat whole fish if possible. -> "According to the AHA, if you want the full omega-3 fatty acid health benefits, then fish reigns supreme. "Studies have shown that fish , in addition to providing cardiovascular benefits, is loaded with healthy vitamins and minerals as well as protein that you just can't get from fish oil supplements," says Dodson."

All the research shows that eating quality food like fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, etc. is great for you. That's the ultimate supplement.