Books or DVDs on the art of persuasion?
I mean this 100%  Can forum members give good recommendations on books or dvds, in regards to the art of persuasion?

This is something I want to learn how to do.  It can be used for everything.  Especially in regards to self enrichment.
I liked the book by Chris Voss - Never Split the Difference
https://www.amazon.com/Never-Split-Diffe...B014DUR7L2
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.
The 48 Laws of Power
The Definitive Book of Body Language
The Art of Seduction

These are my favorites.
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
I bought that Never Split the Difference book. It will come in a day or two.
The show Survivor is all about persuasion. It's gotten gimmicky lately, but voting people out and then having the skills necessary to persuade those same people to give you a million dollars is a brilliant premise.

There's a Tony Robbins course on persuasion which is top notch. Can be found on torrent sites.
I will look up that Tony Robbins seminar. I went to his UPW weekend this July. I guess I need to go to one of the more indepth events.
Yeah it's called "The Power to Influence". Sales program he put out, but good info regardless.
I would also suggest "Getting More". It's sort of an entry-level guide to negotiating meant to address day-to-day business situations, but the principles apply everywhere. "Thank You For Arguing" is similar, focus is on classical rhetoric but it applies well.
Persuasion = Influence = Likability

The ability to turn odds in your favor and get a more favorable decision/outcome from someone has always fascinated me. 

The more I've studied people in-person and through courses and vast amounts of research, I've come to the conclusion that likability is virtually everything when it comes to how persuasive/influential/powerful someone is.

Every President is elected based on who's more likable:

Trump > Clinton
Obama > Romney
Obama > McCain
Bush > Kerry
Bush > Gore
Clinton > Dole
Clinton > Bush
Bush > Dukakis
Reagan > Mondale
Reagan > Carter

And on and on and on. 

Sales, seduction, free stuff, etc. Everything comes down to likability.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question becomes... What makes someone likable? I'd like to hear some opinions and then I'll pitch in.
I know I need to learn a lot more of that likeability ability. People will try to so oh...you cant accept yourself for who you are. Bitch...if that was true? Why are we not all still just laying around crawling on our hands and knees? Because we had desire. A want to change our situations.
(11-27-2019, 11:14 PM)blackfriar Wrote: I know I need to learn a lot more of that likeability ability.  People will try to so oh...you cant accept yourself for who you are.  Bitch...if that was true?  Why are we not all still just laying around crawling on our hands and knees?  Because we had desire.  A want to change our situations.

I can't say that likabilit is my strong suit, but Dale Carnegie talks about is in his book.  Show genunine interest in others.  Ask them questions.

One book that is rarely mentioned is The Magic of Thinking Big.  I read this a while ago and I don't even remember what its about.  But there is a part of a chapter where he talks about communicating with people.  So in the context of a job interview, strike up a coversation with everyone.  The cab driver, the security guard, the receptionist, etc.  By the time you get to the interview, you will feel very social and comfortable.  

Roosh calls this old person game - where is the pet store?  But make a point to engage people everyday, all the time.  Waiting in line at the grocery store, in an elevator, etc.  I like that color?  Can you believe how crowded it is today?  You are not practicing pick up, just opening total strangers with no ulterior purpose.  Its practice so when you do do cold opens you are more calibrated.