Deadend jobs datasheet- What we learned
(11-27-2019, 01:46 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote: A lot of guys act like moving to the Phillipines and being a code monkey is heaven on Earth.

It's not?

[Image: cute-couple-asian-woman-and-white-man17.jpg]
^ that woman’s leaning up against a wall.
(12-06-2019, 02:07 AM)Smash Wrote: ^ that woman’s leaning up against a wall.

Jesus, I've never seen anyone so miserable.
^ That pic is so messed up that I'll white knight for that Filipina.
Isn't that Matt Forney?
(12-06-2019, 06:10 PM)SC87 Wrote: Isn't that Matt Forney?

No, Matt Forney generally prefers the classic hover-hand technique.
I bet the weight of his arm is enough to hold her down and prevent her from moving. If I've ever seen a hostage situation, it's definitely this one.
Last trip to the 'pines it blew my mind the number of these combos I saw.

I mean I'm totally supportive of leveraging arbitrage in all ways, but at least have some shred of self respect and courtesy and take the sisig without rice for a few months.

I think the guy in the pic can still be better looking than him.
(12-08-2019, 12:15 AM)Rocha Wrote:

I think the guy in the pic can still be better looking than him.

I'd like to dig into this discussion further. What's the forum policy on posting easily accessible, publicly available pictures of fat fuck RVF members who intentionally doxed themselves years ago and then went on to write classic articles like "How to Beat Your Girlfriend or Wife and Get Away With It?"
It's not doxxing when they use their real name for their profile, post pictures of themselves and sell books on their website about banging desperate filipina chicks.

https://mattforney.com/about/

What is more cringeworthy the photo or the profile?
(12-08-2019, 01:24 AM)SC87 Wrote: https://mattforney.com/about/

What is more cringeworthy the photo or the profile?

Yes.
Both?
After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
I worked a lot of dead-end jobs in my twenties as a means to pay for my education. I took a few semesters off to save up for something I couldn't get loan money for. I got to work alongside a lot of great people. A lot of my coworkers at this unpleasant jobs that paid very little more than minimum wage were smart, well-read, kind people. In fact, there were a lot of people at the bottom who did not have a realistic opportunity at promotion that were a lot smarter than the middle management that oversaw there work.

I realized that just having intelligence guarantees nothing in life. Your career success will be largely contingent on the value you are able to deliver. Becoming capable of delivering value is probably not just going to happen on its own. You need to develop that capability in yourself.
(12-08-2019, 01:54 AM)Suits Wrote: I got to work alongside a lot of great people. A lot of my coworkers at this unpleasant jobs that paid very little more than minimum wage were smart, well-read, kind people. In fact, there were a lot of people at the bottom who did not have a realistic opportunity at promotion that were a lot smarter than the middle management that oversaw there work.

I realized that just having intelligence guarantees nothing in life. Your career success will be largely contingent on the value you are able to deliver. Becoming capable of delivering value is probably not just going to happen on its own. You need to develop that capability in yourself.

Totally true.  One reason I've recently become quite cynical about formal education, in spite of having a decent amount myself.  One of my past jobs after a while I started to have lunch in the cafeteria with the blue collar part of the company to keep my sanity.  Would rather hear about practicalities of raising a family from the old bird machinists and joke around about pussy with the recent Latin American immigrants than sit upstairs with the junior engineers going on about vapid shit like the latest pop cultural movies and Facebook memes while having to tiptoe around the ever growing set of rules about what you must always and cannot ever say.  Confirmed the whole intelligence vs opportunity thing, developed rapport with and earned the trust of enough people to make my job easier, and even built up enough material and support to knock over some stupid rules and dumb initiatives championed by senior people above.

Few things to add and other useful points I've discovered:
  • I'd say it (sadly) often comes down to perceived value, versus true value.
  • Having a red pill, big picture view of the system in an organization/industry, and knowing its flaws and inefficiencies to exploit/bypass them. 
  • Being a hustler and able to find the right people, and sell them on your abilities to them at the right time and at a good rate.  I'm sure pulling this one off recently has netted me more cash than some peers with more experience.  But then again I'm catching up on lost time so I DGAF.  Really just professional game at the end of the day, having balls and good alternatives to not have to tolerate bad behavior.
The consensus seems to be that you only need to have above average intelligence, the real trait that makes successful people is drive. It’s heart and drive, and a certain amount of luck.
Millennials wont become business owners like so many boomers were able to. Its not like the old days where showing drive and competency at your job would get you moved up the corporate chain either. Commie ideaology wont allow it.

Ive wasted 6 years in the oilfield with little to show for it, only a few boomer owners who already got rich off it in the 70s-90s are doing well. Ive tried to work with them and its amazing how slow-witted and unaware they are, yet theyre rich.

I think USA is becoming like russia where theres alot of intelligent or somewhat intelligent people living like peasants.

Women, boomers, and churches are insulated from the extreme competition going on and their refusal to show concern is producing extreme anger like that joker movie touched on.

I might be teaching english in china next year in my fucking mid 30s because its the only guaranteed pay right now. I'm extremely frustrated but my industry has been fucked for 5 years now.
(12-09-2019, 06:02 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote: Millennials wont become business owners like so many boomers were able to. Its not like the old days where showing drive and competency at your job would get you moved up the corporate chain either. Commie ideaology wont allow it.

Ive wasted 6 years in the oilfield with little to show for it, only a few boomer owners who already got rich off it in the 70s-90s are doing well. Ive tried to work with them and its amazing how slow-witted and unaware they are, yet theyre rich.

I think USA is becoming like russia where theres alot of intelligent or somewhat intelligent people living like peasants.

Women, boomers, and churches are insulated from the extreme competition going on and their refusal to show concern is producing extreme anger like that joker movie touched on.

I might be teaching english in china next year in my fucking mid 30s because its the only guaranteed pay right now. I'm extremely frustrated but my industry has been fucked for 5 years now.

This. This struck a chord with me. I wrote a while back about reneging on my student loans and got flak for it. Times are tough but without getting into too much detail I managed to turn my life around and have found myself in situations where I wonder, "Man, how did these people get rich when they're not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed?" Some of these people are boomers that clawed their way into academia and spout off nonsense like "Chase your passion! and Get that second degree" On the other side there are some smart boomers that give off a humanitarian air that they're better than you but once you vote for a "wrong" candidate they shove you to the side. 

I'm not in the clear yet and in some ways it's a humbling experience but I still can't help but wonder how certain groups of people are insulated like you said. Hang in there buddy, it will get better when you're out of the woods. Hard times don't last but hard men do. 

The up and coming grand solar minimum is where the tide will turn.
(12-09-2019, 06:02 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote: Millennials wont become business owners like so many boomers were able to. Its not like the old days where showing drive and competency at your job would get you moved up the corporate chain either. Commie ideaology wont allow it.

I think Millennials weren't brought up to want to be business owners. We were taught in school to get good grades, go to university, and if we were lucky we would get an entry-level job or internship upon graduation.

I remember when a friend started his plumbing business when we were 22. Our group of friends (myself included) could not comprehend how our friend ran a business and employed people (not right away but shortly after). Fast forward 5 years to when I started my business, it seemed like our group of friends still could not comprehend how that could be done.

The drive just isn't there. I love my friends but most of them are content being in their late twenties stuck in entry level/dead end jobs just to get by.
(12-10-2019, 12:50 AM)Agrippa Wrote:

I think Millennials weren't brought up to want to be business owners. We were taught in school to get good grades, go to university, and if we were lucky we would get an entry-level job or internship upon graduation.

I remember when a friend started his plumbing business when we were 22. Our group of friends (myself included) could not comprehend how our friend ran a business and employed people (not right away but shortly after). Fast forward 5 years to when I started my business, it seemed like our group of friends still could not comprehend how that could be done.

The drive just isn't there. I love my friends but most of them are content being in their late twenties stuck in entry level/dead end jobs just to get by.

IMO it has never been easier to get rich today than at any point in history before. The internet has virtually leveled the barrier to entry both in terms of reaching an audience as well as for information.

Most people just aren't willing to put in the work and manosphere guys and people living abroad are especially at risk because it's easy to get comfortable and complacent with freelance jobs or teaching English. I've seen close friends at home get wealthy and they had the drive because they were sick of the cubicle life. That's motivation you just don't get when you're chilling in a pleasant Asian country making way more than the average local while working 15-20 hours a week.

If you're a millennial and fit the above description...find a way to kick your own ass before you end up as Roosh or a beer-bellied Pattaya retiree. That includes myself.