Indigenous experiences and the lessons they carry (Shamanism, herbal medicine, ...)
(02-09-2020, 09:15 PM)El Puto Loco Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:44 AM)shemp Wrote: Doctors don't actually heal broken bones and most other illnesses. Your own body does the healing. You can actually watch the healing in progress if you cut yourself. First a scab forms, then a week later the skin is back to normal. With respect to broken bones and other trauma, doctors just clean the mess up, put the pieces more or less back where they belong, then your own body does the actual healing.

There are also a limited number of poisons that doctors use to combat foreign pathogens (bacteria, parasites, etc). These poisons work on the principle that they are more damaging to the pathogen than your own body. Many of these poisons are plant-based. Perhaps these shamans have a few such poisons at their disposal that western doctors lack. But pathogens are not that common. Most modern illnesses are systemic (heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc) and western doctors can do very little to prevent or cure systemic illnesses. Your own body needs to do the healing.

Thus the most important thing you can do to get healthy and stay healthy is to maximize your own body's healing potential. And the most important way to do that is get rid is stress. Basically, the body has two modes, stressed and non-stressed, roughly corresponding to sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. Stress mode is for away running from lions and whatnot: shut down digestion and immune system, release all resources for use by muscles so you can run and fight better, unable to sleep, brain focuses on short-term thinking. Non-stressed mode is the opposite: most resources go to digestion and immune system, feeling of laziness on muscles, easy to sleep, brain able to think long term. Modern society tends to keep people in the stressed state far more than is healthy. Manospshere especially encourages the stress state: work hard, play hard, take extra testosterone, slam weights around, etc.

I suspect a lot of the "miracles" of these shamans are a result of putting a person who has been highly stresed for a very long time into the non-stress mode, so that the patient's own body can finally start healing itself. If healing has been delayed for a long time, the sudden release of this backlogged healing power could easily produce very rapid results.

I assume you are also shemp on rvf, I like many of your post, you are an inteligent homo sapien Big Grin
I had once an indigenous encounter in the Amazon region of Peru and another but extremely weird one in the Trobriands Islands on kiriwina island. It was more the true black magic from the 1700 but very real indeed.

That was in fact my Papua Guinea Experience when I mentioned the datasheet for Papua New Guinea, I was there for 5 weeks on Kiriwina Island in 2016 and lived with the locals in a village deep in the forest, an amazing experience and let's just say, the old saying of the island still hold true on every bid, even so the media trying to talk you out of it. They invited me back to visit Kitava island this year, I hope to find the time, because it is an amazing experience. This island is off-limit because for its black magic dating back to the middle ages. Locals are very afraid to go there because of the powerful shamans who live there and after what I experienced on Kiriwina island, I truly want to go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trobriand+islands
Sounds very interesting man, but we still don't know what experience you had there? Or not something you wanna share maybe. PNG is def one of the most pure and raw countries there is still on earth. I've never been but friends of me have and the place seems to be absurd on many levels.
(12-06-2019, 07:54 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote: Yes, it sounds hokey as all hell, but I tried it for the first time today for 5 minutes in the grass while waiting for my food delivery and I immediately began to feel better both physically and mentally.

Did you isolate confirmation bias and introduce a control group?
(02-10-2020, 12:52 AM)Rottenapple Wrote: Sounds very interesting man, but we still don't know what experience you had there? Or not something you wanna share maybe. PNG is def one of the most pure and raw countries there is still on earth. I've never been but friends of me have and the place seems to be absurd on many levels.

It will come, give me a bit time, this is an incredible experience of girls combined with black magic on a level I did not expect or at least in the beginning i almost called out the shaman for playing bullshit on me, but no.