New to the Mid-West, anyone familar or based-here?
I relocated to the midwest recently for work.

So far I like it, it is highly cohesive, things run smoother, people are friendly, will go the extra mile to help you if you have a flat, and small talk almost seems to be an art form. Does that make women more receptive to cold approach? I've heard in the past that women are more approachable than women, say, in major cities, but I don't have much of a reference point on that.

I will be traveling a lot in coming months scouting opportunities for game and fun here.

I am up for meetups if anyone is interested.

-JL
I've spent a fair bit of time in the Midwest and I honestly loved it, its by far my favourite part of America. The people are a hell of a lot more friendly than on either coast like in the South, but are a bit more well traveled/intellectual than you find in the South. Its a really good compromise. The only problem is the killer winters.

The women were very friendly in bars when I was there, and even if they had a boyfriend or husband would be (mostly) quite gentle letting you down. And usually really curious as to why you're there, if you're not a local. Flyover country doesn't get many tourists. The long winters and bad diet does tend to make them balloon up a bit in weight once they hit their mid 20s though.

Get some Spotted Cow beer if you're anywhere near Wisconsin. Its the best beer in America, but the brewers make a point of only selling it within WI for some reason.
I share the feeling with you, but the good winters maybe good prep for going to FSU or Russia. People are interesting here, they all seem to work hard and play hard, surprisingly. I don't know if it's the remnants of frontier spirit or what.

All anecdotal, but women seem more flirty, especially if you are outside the norm; i'm doubling down at the moment on the fashion forward rapper look... People do perk up when I tell them where I'm from and they are intrigued, i will say that.

I'm looking at a jaunt to chicago, twin cities or Wisconsin in the near future; university towns in particular.
I'm midwest born and raised, and better or worse here now. However "midwest" is a massive and ill defined place.

PM me if you want some tips.

And to answer your most salient question, NO, friendly does not mean easy. But maybe you can work it. I'd love to know.
Cool bro I sent you a PM.
(10-26-2019, 12:37 PM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote: I relocated to the midwest recently for work.

So far I like it, it is highly cohesive, things run smoother, people are friendly, will go the extra mile to help you if you have a flat, and small talk almost seems to be an art form. Does that make women more receptive to cold approach? I've heard in the past that women are more approachable than women, say, in major cities, but I don't have much of a reference point on that.

I will be traveling a lot in coming months scouting opportunities for game and fun here.

I am up for meetups if anyone is interested.

-JL

I lived there too once.  The Midwest is giant.  Where do you live?   A city or a country town?  Something about where you live would help people give you some suggestions.
Omaha/ Council Bluffs.
(10-27-2019, 12:08 PM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote: Omaha/ Council Bluffs.

I used to have relatives that lived there in the past.  I've been there a few times, but it has been a long time.  It used to be OK.  I remember the farms with black and white cows and the smell of manure when you traveled outside of Omaha.  It bitterly cold in the winter and can get pretty hot in the summer.   With a population of 500K,  I would think the women would think there should be some marriage minded ones there.  How is the quality?   Are they mostly overweight?   Overall I think the Midwest is fairly conservative.   You'll probably need a bigger city to have more fun.
(10-28-2019, 09:25 AM)brianmark Wrote:

I used to have relatives that lived there in the past.  I've been there a few times, but it has been a long time.  It used to be OK.  I remember the farms with black and white cows and the smell of manure when you traveled outside of Omaha.  It bitterly cold in the winter and can get pretty hot in the summer.   With a population of 500K,  I would think the women would think there should be some marriage minded ones there.  How is the quality?   Are they mostly overweight?   Overall I think the Midwest is fairly conservative.   You'll probably need a bigger city to have more fun.

I spend the majority of my time in iowa. So far it's mainly been council bluffs, des moines, and ames.

It's already cold. hate the cold.

Women marriage minded? So far bulk of interaction has been with college aged women. I guess the beauty of midwest is all the women are white; I am also white; and I am into white women.

Some women overweight yes, but i say the obesity epidemic is worse in the south.. Hipster epidemic is much worse in other portions of america, and I almost find hipster women in the midwest endearing; they are oh so edgy for the mid-west, but comes-off as try-hard provincial... Maybe it's just me but the midwest gave me a huge confidence boost: for one, I'm not wasting the majority of my time being a sports "fan" or drinking beer. Two, I can dress properly. Three, I've been further than midwest in life, so I am interesting, I would say, more interesting, at least, compared to your typical bro from here.

As far as conservatism, no, it's more liberal here than the south... drinking is a lot more accepted but I have no idea about smoking weed, things like that. Don't get me started on the sexual mores of the south...

there are a lot of MILFs here too, was at the mall in Suburban KC the other day and I was impressed...
(10-28-2019, 07:09 PM)Jerusalem Lothario Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:25 AM)brianmark Wrote:

I spend the majority of my time in iowa. So far it's mainly been council bluffs, des moines, and ames.

It's already cold. hate the cold.

Women marriage minded? So far bulk of interaction has been with college aged women. I guess the beauty of midwest is all the women are white; I am also white; and I am into white women.

Some women overweight yes, but i say the obesity epidemic is worse in the south.. Hipster epidemic is much worse in other portions of america, and I almost find hipster women in the midwest endearing; they are oh so edgy for the mid-west, but comes-off as try-hard provincial... Maybe it's just me but the midwest gave me a huge confidence boost: for one, I'm not wasting the majority of my time being a sports "fan" or drinking beer. Two, I can dress properly. Three, I've been further than midwest in life, so I am interesting, I would say, more interesting, at least, compared to your typical bro from here.

As far as conservatism, no, it's more liberal here than the south... drinking is a lot more accepted but I have no idea about smoking weed, things like that. Don't get me started on the sexual mores of the south...

there are a lot of MILFs here too, was at the mall in Suburban KC the other day and I was impressed...

Welcome to the Midwest bro.  Actually, you're in a section of the Midwest that I'm largely unfamiliar with lol.  I am a long time member from the Roosh forum (still a member there).  Anyhow, other than travels to other parts of the USA & the world, I have largely resided in two Great Lakes metro areas in the USA and that would be Chicago & Detroit.  Both are considered to be part of the Midwest, but I'd argue that both are more urban (especially Chicago) & move a bit faster than the western almost "plains" region of the Midwest that you're in.  I will say that areas such as Iowa & Missouri do have strong ties to Chicago, however.  So many suburban Chicago kids would use the University of Iowa as a backup school to the state flagship university (University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana) which was notoriously difficult to get into due to the large population in the Chicagoland metro area and huge competition from Asian & Indian kids (fueled by Tiger parents).  Plus the Big 10 schools like University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana brings in a lot of rich kids from China that straight up pay full tuition to attend.