Modafinil in the US
I’m taking courses as well as self-studying some stuff that requires some semi intense concentration. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger and can’t really focus for long periods of time like I’d like to.

Anyone ever gotten modafinil in the US online? Can you get it from one of those online Indian pharmacies, or should I just bite the bullet and see a doctor to get a prescription for adderall?
Modafonil is pretty meh. I'd rather use adderall if I could get it out here.
Your concentration is a muscle, train it. ADHD doesn't exist.
(10-17-2019, 05:27 PM)churros Wrote: Your concentration is a muscle, train it. ADHD doesn't exist.

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

Except that research has shown that folks with ADHD have physical brain differences.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/adhd-diagno...mri-422362

Quote:Doctors might soon be able to diagnose ADHD with a brain scan instead of relying solely on symptom descriptions.
A team of scientists taking MRIs of kids and teenagers who had recently been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder found that three of their brain regions were shaped differently from what is found in healthy brains.

The researchers were able to combine that data with information about the brain’s activity to further refine their diagnosis to one of the three specific subtypes of ADHD: predominantly inattentive, predominantly hyperactive and impulsive, or a mix of the two.

“Currently, clinical diagnosis and subtyping of ADHD is based on an integration of parent and teacher behavioral reports and assessment of behavioral problems,” their study in the journal Radiology says. “However, given the subjective nature of these evaluations and the overlap of ADHD with other psychiatric disorders, imaging-based parameters may provide a useful objective adjunct to clinical psychiatric evaluation for diagnosing and subtyping ADHD.”

https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/brain-mris...g-subtypes

Quote:They studied 83 age- and sex-matched children in China who had newly diagnosed and never-treated ADHD and 87 healthy control subjects who underwent anatomic and diffusion-tensor MRI. They found that there was no overall difference between the 2 groups in total brain volume or total gray and white matter volume.

However, researchers found differences when they looked at specific regions within the brain. Alterations in the shape of the left temporal lobe, bilateral cuneus, and areas around the left central sulcus distinguish ADHD from typically developing patients.

Radiomics signatures allowed the researchers to identify patients with ADHD with an average accuracy of 73.7% and to discriminate between ADHD inattentive and ADHD combined subtypes with 80% accuracy.

Got anymore inaccurate and unqualified medical advice for us to digest?
Doctors "might" soon be able to? I'll believe what doctors say when they stop profiting off big pharma. Until then I'll listen to scientists.
(10-17-2019, 05:59 PM)churros Wrote: Doctors "might" soon be able to? I'll believe what doctors say when they stop profiting off big pharma. Until then I'll listen to scientists.

[Image: triple_facepalm_by_theguruofgaming-d4qbyzu.jpg]

You are obviously incapable of reading and understanding a study.
You'd feel silly for saying that if you knew what my job is.
(10-17-2019, 06:07 PM)churros Wrote: You'd feel silly for saying that if you knew what my job is.

I'm pretty sure you're bad at it.
Pipe down children
(10-17-2019, 05:27 PM)churros Wrote: Your concentration is a muscle, train it. ADHD doesn't exist.

This is misinformed — large studies using brain imaging scans have shown that those with ADHD sympoms show differences in brain structure.. People who've been diagnosed ADHD are literally dealing with inferior equipment in 5 brain regions compared to 'normal' brains.
(10-17-2019, 06:54 PM)billydingdong Wrote:

This is misinformed — large studies using brain imaging scans have shown that those with ADHD  show differences in brain structure.. People who've been diagnosed ADHD are literally dealing with inferior equipment in 5 brain regions compared to 'normal' brains.

If you knew what churros does for a living, you'd realize what a fool you're being for relying on data-driving statistically-valid scientific conclusions! Do you even realize what he does for a living?

His opinion is worth FAR more than your fancy "studies."

After all, until doctors stop pushing big pharma's drugs on the US population, we have no reason to be limited by "facts."
It's ok. I've gotten it from Indian pharmacies years ago, and a bunch of other scrip stims - much prefer cyclazodone. More powerful and safer derivative of pemoline, an original ADHD drug. Don't waste your time with the weak methylated stuff, get plain cyclaz. You can buy from Newmind if you're motivated and intelligent enough to BS your way through their screening process they use to limit the sales of real shit to non-junkies. And listen lurkers - if you deal with them don't be a fuck up. Payment gets to be more of a hassle everytime I buy anything, and they discontinued a bunch of chems because idiots were abusing them and making the news etc. Use this and other stuff for improvement, not for party favors.

This is misinformed — large studies using brain imaging scans have shown that those with ADHD sympoms show differences in brain structure.. People who've been diagnosed ADHD are literally dealing with inferior equipment in 5 brain regions compared to 'normal' brains.

It's almost as if there's a mind-body connection!
(10-20-2019, 04:12 PM)churros Wrote:

Indeed. It's as if individuals with malfunctioning brains have less control and ability in focusing their mind. Like expecting a car to go 70 mph when it has a transmission that doesn't shift gears.

Seeing that the brain differences associated with ADHD are largely heritable is an indcation that it's a genetic/epigenetic issue and not one of 'improper mental habits'.

FWIW, I used to think the same as you, but my opinion on the topic has changed.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I'm convinced there is something to this and it shouldn't be ignored. Although, this whole 'cult of willpower' thing people espouse starts to get outlandish pretty quick when confronted with a serious mental problem that's related to structural differences in the brain and body. I know we all want to think with enough hard work and willpower we can conquer anything but some people just can't and some things are impossible. I don't think anybody here, maybe anybody period knows what can and can't be cured without drugs when it comes to mental issues. Seems most doctors and scientists are happy to play chemistry set with people's brains and of course they have almost no motivation not to, besides a conscience. A lot of these doctors are also ironically indoctrinated to think what they're doing is helping people by handing out SSRIs and serious psychotropic drugs to patients with minor ailments.

CBT, meditation, various therapies along with good diet and physical activities can alleviate or cure a lot of mental ailments but not all of them. If you've ever encountered someone who did their all and walked away with a serious problem despite all their hard work you'll know what I'm talking about
I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD and have had all the symptoms. On top of that I have chronic fatigue (not the same thing as CFS) and these two together make it difficult to stay productive and build momentum.

I've found some non-medicinal ways of dealing with ADHD such as meditation, doing stuff based on plans and todo lists (instead of being impulsive) but fatigue is a different story. I use Adderall as a stimulant. It's just 10mg ER but I'm afraid to take it. It creates tolerance, increases my heart rate and blood pressure and gives me insomnia too even though I take it in the morning. I'm in a stage in my life that I need to work hard and secure my future....

"Seems most doctors and scientists are happy to play chemistry set with people's brains and of course they have almost no motivation not to, besides a conscience."
Victor pride says doctors are drug dealers and I can't disagree.
(10-21-2019, 05:12 AM)Pavlov\s dog Wrote: Although, this whole 'cult of willpower'  thing people espouse starts to get outlandish pretty quick when confronted with a serious mental problem that's related to structural differences in the brain and body. I know we all want to think with enough hard work and willpower we can conquer anything but some people just can't and some things are impossible.

Some very talented people may have required willpower, commitment and long hours in addition to raw talent, but this shouldn't be confused as willpower being the primary ingredient in success.

When successful people talk about willpower, I think it is a mix of wanting to be encouraging to others and wanting to feel entitled to living far, far better than most people will ever be able to. If success is simply a matter of willpower, then poor people deserve to be poor.

When unsuccessful people talk about willpower, it is fuel for ignoring good advice from others. Learning to play to your strengths is smart. Refusing to believe that you can't do EVERYTHING that you set your mind to is self-delusion.
Might want to try Wellbutrin instead of adderall. It's typically prescribed as an anti-depressant but it's also performed well in ADHD studies. And doesnt have the nasty sides like elevated heart rate and blood pressure.

I'm experimenting with it right now..results pretty good so far.
(10-21-2019, 05:12 AM)Pavlov\s dog Wrote:

I'm convinced there is something to this and it shouldn't be ignored. Although, this whole 'cult of willpower'  thing people espouse starts to get outlandish pretty quick when confronted with a serious mental problem that's related to structural differences in the brain and body. I know we all want to think with enough hard work and willpower we can conquer anything but some people just can't and some things are impossible. I don't think anybody here, maybe anybody period knows what can and can't be cured without drugs when it comes to mental issues. Seems most doctors and scientists are happy to play chemistry set with people's brains and of course they have almost no motivation not to, besides a conscience. A lot of these doctors are also ironically indoctrinated to think what they're doing is helping people by handing out SSRIs and serious psychotropic drugs to patients with minor ailments.

CBT, meditation, various therapies along with good diet and physical activities can alleviate or cure a lot of mental ailments but not all of them. If you've ever encountered someone who did their all and walked away with a serious problem despite all their hard work you'll know what I'm talking about

(10-24-2019, 03:49 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Might want to try Wellbutrin instead of adderall. It's typically prescribed as an anti-depressant but it's also performed well in ADHD studies. And doesnt have the nasty sides like elevated heart rate and blood pressure.

I'm experimenting with it right now..results pretty good so far.

I've taken it in the past and it was effective. But it lost its effect after about a year and a half. I'll talk to my doctor. The big difference between antidepressants and adderall is that the former take longer to take effect and have to be taken everyday.