Best country for a beginner?
What country would you recommend for a game beginner? Let's say, someone who is middle aged and coming out of a divorce. Somebody who has traveled internationally a bit, but not for bangs, and has OK looks.

Asking for a friend.

Some thoughts based on reading:

-Philippines. The most obvious choice.
-Indonesia. Also looks good but more focused on nightlight scene -- maybe better for younger guys?
-Vietnam. Heard good things about the women, but the language barrier looks formidable.
-Thailand. Probably another obvious choice.
-Uganda. Love the sound of it, but logistics-wise, doesn't seem like a country for beginners.
-Peru. Strong contender, best enjoyed by those who have some Spanish ability.
-Mexico. Mixed reviews, but very convenient for North Americans.

Any other ideas?
Do you have money?
The Philippines island. All you have to do is read the blog posts and you'll get hot girls in no time.
For an absolute beginner there's no better/easier country than Philippines. The girls speak English, it's cheap, white god factor is still slightly noticeable and you'll be able to get SNLs.

Don't try to over complicate this, send your friend to Manila or Cebu then enjoy hearing him rave about how girls overseas are just "different".
I can't comment on the Philippines besides what I've read on the forums, but can definitely say that Mexico is not for beginners unless he's got decent Spanish. Mexicanas can be either really conservative or really cunning. If your friend thinking Latin America, he should be thinking Peru.
Country-wise, I think you nailed it in the OP. City-wise, there is still some choice.

With that said --- I think for a game beginner going abroad muddies the waters and can be counter-productive for 2-of-the-3 game modalities.

- Night Game (harder to learn abroad)
- Day Game (harder to learn abroad)
- Online Game (equal learning home or abroad)

With day + night game, beginners have exactly 1 issue, approach anxiety. In your home country, approach anxiety is distilled to its pure essence. You have no excuse of why you aren't approaching, other than what's in your own head.

Abroad, it's easy to trick yourself, with excuses like the language barrier, thinking it goes against the country's more conservative culture, feeling uncomfortable due to the unfamiliar surroundings, etc.

So ... Does your friend really want to learn game? Or does he just want easy bangs to get his confidence up?

Nothing wrong with the latter, but it's important to be clear with your objective to get the best advice.
I think it depends on what type of women he likes.  He should travel to the country or region where he finds the women most attractive and dive right in.

Many guys, myself included, are not attracted to the women on that list in the OP.  I am only into European women.  Even European-looking women in Latin America have their cultural quirks which are off-putting.  

So go explore Japan, Serbia, Ukraine, and other places with choice women instead of Southeast Asia unless that is what you really fancy.
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
Indonesia is still very easy. I mean just create somewhere an online profile where you can chat with people from all over the world and Indonesians will even start to chat with you.
Out of curiosity, are there no countries in Europe that would be considered good for beginners?
(10-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Hungariansmile Wrote: Out of curiosity, are there no countries in Europe that would be considered good for beginners?

Generally, no, because your competition is stronger in Europe than most other places.

In my experience in Poland, which is considered one of the "easiest" countries in Europe, it was still quite challenging to sleep with decent-looking girls, and Polish men in major cities are often well put-together in terms of style and appearance. 

Going to Europe as a beginner will likely have disappointing results, unless you have some specific niche you can exploit.
(10-04-2019, 06:41 PM)Gwynbleidd Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Hungariansmile Wrote: Out of curiosity, are there no countries in Europe that would be considered good for beginners?

Generally, no, because your competition is stronger in Europe than most other places.

Going to Europe as a beginner will likely have disappointing results, unless you have some specific niche you can exploit.
All the more reason a beginner should go to Europe.  Once you start having success there, you can employ game ANYWHERE.
Favorite Countries:  Finland, Latvia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia, Japan, Argentina.

Countries For Future Travel:  Norway, Sweden, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Uzbekistan.
My thought process is, if you are a game beginner and/or coming out of a relationship where your confidence may have been beaten down for a long period, you need some easy wins. It's best to go where you can get laid and build yourself up. That newfound confidence could then propel you along to learn better game.

Just my viewpoint.
(10-03-2019, 10:19 PM)WombRaider Wrote: What country would you recommend for a game beginner? Let's say, someone who is middle aged and coming out of a divorce. Somebody who has traveled internationally a bit, but not for bangs, and has OK looks.

Asking for a friend.

Some thoughts based on reading:

-Philippines. The most obvious choice.
-Indonesia. Also looks good but more focused on nightlight scene -- maybe better for younger guys?
-Vietnam. Heard good things about the women, but the language barrier looks formidable.
-Thailand. Probably another obvious choice.
-Uganda. Love the sound of it, but logistics-wise, doesn't seem like a country for beginners.
-Peru. Strong contender, best enjoyed by those who have some Spanish ability.
-Mexico. Mixed reviews, but very convenient for North Americans.

Any other ideas?

I would actually rent an Air BNB in Vegas for a month or three, and learn how to do cold approach day game and night game with tourists, as well as Date game/Hired Gun game with locals.   Any sufficiently large college town is good for this as well.  You'll get sick of Vegas, but it's basically America's playground.  NYC is good, but it's out of most people's budgets.  

In a place like the Philippines or Thailand, WGF and Rich American Factor and Possible Green Card factor - make girls seem easier.  Provider game there works, unlike places where girls don't have options.  

You won't learn much though.  You'll just get laid.
Quote:I would actually rent an Air BNB in Vegas for a month or three, and learn how to do cold approach day game and night game with tourists, as well as Date game/Hired Gun game with locals.   Any sufficiently large college town is good for this as well.

Couple of questions:

-Are you sure this will work for a guy in his 40s? Especially the college-town part.

-What is Hired Gun game?
(10-04-2019, 09:46 PM)WombRaider Wrote: My thought process is, if you are a game beginner and/or coming out of a relationship where your confidence may have been beaten down for a long period, you need some easy wins. It's best to go where you can get laid and build yourself up. That newfound confidence could then propel you along to learn better game.

Just my viewpoint.

Completely get that.  But I think baptism by fire is the way to go because the initial difficulty sets you up for later success.  It is kind of like a difficult boot camp that makes dealing with normal military life a breeze.

Confidence is built up by becoming immune to rejection.  Go straight to the source of women you most want, then get to work.  You get better as you do it more.

We need to discriminate here on the finer points.

Does your "friend" just want to get laid?  If so then does he want to pay or not?  If yes, then Thailand, if no then Philippines.

Now if he actually wants to "game", neither are good choices. Theres no "game" in the Philipppines. Its layup practice.

If you actually want to practice your craft of "game" go to Brazil and learn from your mistakes. Once you have game there, you can be fat and stupid and ugly and still get women. Because women there are the game.
(10-04-2019, 09:18 PM)Contrarian Expatriate Wrote:

All the more reason a beginner should go to Europe.  Once you start having success there, you can employ game ANYWHERE.

You make a good point here, but I think this kind of strategy requires a level of mental resilience that simply can't be expected from the average guy who's a beginner to game. Running game while traveling adds extra layers of complexity in terms of language barriers, differences in culture, etc. If you're struggling with something like approach anxiety, it's going to be amplified when you're in a foreign land. It all can burn someone out really fast, so it makes sense to have the fundamentals down before traveling -- especially if you'll have to pay thousands of dollars to get to the foreign girls you desire the most.

In my experience in Poland, which is considered one of the "easiest" countries in Europe, it was still quite challenging to sleep with decent-looking girls, and Polish men in major cities are often well put-together in terms of style and appearance. 

I agree too - if the point is to just get laid - based on living here in Poland since 2015. I'd add two points:

1) I - for better or worse - have a niche as a SEA-American guy in his 30s who can pass for Mexican or Indian in his late 20s. It's still not easy, and nowhere near as easy as I've heard SEA is, where supposedly guys (specifically whites and maybe East Asians) can just go online and have a girl come straight to your place (though that may not be true for the hottest SEA girls).

2) Guys from Western Europe (including non-whites) and Polish girls can increasingly visit or move to each others' countries with ease, thanks to Poland joining the EU, low-cost airlines like RyanAir and Wizz Air, companies moving some operations to Poland, etc.

On the other hand, if the point is to build your Game, then another question is, "At what cost?" For example, if you depend on a 9-5 job in the West, then you pretty much have no choice but to move and learn within the West, unless you want to take much longer learning only on whatever time off you can get from your job.
wherever you decide to go id look into finding a coach/mentor.
youl get 10 x better 10 x faster.
(10-05-2019, 02:37 AM)k pop Wrote: We need to discriminate here on the finer points.

Does your "friend" just want to get laid?  If so then does he want to pay or not?  If yes, then Thailand, if no then Philippines.

Philippines is not the only country where you can get laid without paying... unless you're 50 years old and obese, which you obviously are.